Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.02

[L-3] Venrob - Formerfish, Desperado, Shockwave Rider, Albert B. Rampage
[L-5] Acidic_TACO - TvK, Umbrage
[L-6] Umbrage - The Silver Bard
[L-6] anorway - RedCoyote

Not voting: cristovo017, Acidic_TACO, anorway, Venrob

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM CST ((expired on 2014-01-18 18:00:00)).

---

Last edited by Does Bo Know on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:12 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Venrob's reaction looks genuine. He should vote for someone in his next post.
In post 65, anorway wrote:Aren't we going too fast with this one? We have barely 3 pages of information, half of which are RVS.
In post 68, anorway wrote:Do a speed lynch ever end well?
It looks like Anorway is trying to get free townie points with these posts. Not sure I like it.

Unvote, vote anorway
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 am

simulposted with RedCoyote
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Venrob »

I'm sorry, seriously meta me and look at my day 1. I hate day one and i generally get all of crap-all accomplished on day 1, special setup mechanics aside.

EDIT:

then i saw the next page and didnt hit submit before seeing it.

Okay,
Vote: Albert B. Rampage

You asked me to vote someone.
I'm back!
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 am

Post by TvK »

In post 78, Venrob wrote:I'm sorry, seriously meta me and look at my day 1. I hate day one and i generally get all of crap-all accomplished on day 1, special setup mechanics aside.

EDIT:

then i saw the next page and didnt hit submit before seeing it.

Okay,
Vote: Albert B. Rampage

You asked me to vote someone.
Do you have a reason to do so or is this really just a vote to have a vote out?

Also, @Taco, why didn't you have anything to say about the Venrob situation except for "calm down bro"?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:12 am

Post by The Silver Bard »

Venrob is probably town. Those who pushed for him though needs to be looked into. I find that wagon opportunistic. I can see one fairly obvious scum on his wagon though, but I will keep it to myself for now. I’d rather see if the rest of you can see it as well.

Also UNVOTE: That vote and reasoning was only to get reactions, but I got none.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 am

Actually, I don't think anyone would have anticipated Venrob to react so violently to being pushed to L-2, given how rare it is that anyone gets lynched on page 3. Bandwagoning early is a town move.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Venrob »

....Quickwagoning with people being serious about lynching is not a town move on page fucking three.
I'm back!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:17 am

Absolutely, it is. You're not going to get information without there being real stakes on the table.

It seems like you expect scum to magically slip that they have information the rest of us don't. That rarely happens. Town usually lynches someone they think will give them more information on the game, someone they have a gut read on, or settle for a policy lynch. Worse case scenario, they deadline lynch someone at random.

Without the backing of votes or the pressure of deadline, you can't figure out who the scum is. It's easy to distance from a buddy if you think they're safe from being lynched, either because it's too early, or because the other players in the game think that your buddy is town.

You may have been forced to claim, but that took a few votes off of you and now you have players like me who think you're town, thanks to the bandwagon that built on you. Bandwagons generate information, wallposting and pointing out contradictions or technicalities don't. Town contradict themselves, change their reads, do anti-town things for the wrong reason all the time. It's only after a few flips that you get to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

TL;DR
8/10 would wagon again
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Umbrage »

oh man I really wanna lynch Venrob

I don't want to play the whole game with YOU GUYS AREN'T LISTENING TO ME I'M A VANILLA TOWNIE WAH WAH V/LA FINE GO AHEAD HAMMER ME I GIVE UP

and did anyone else see this:
In post 57, Venrob wrote:Anyway, setup stuff; there is a small trick to the setup. If scum pick 2 roles and do not recruit (either 2 +daytalk or just 2) then goon cop is useless and gets same result on everyone. By choosing daytalk aswell there is a better chance of giving town the useless goon cop. If i were scum Id prob do this.
rolefishing to find out how the goon cop works?

idk, I'm just saying don't write him off as town just because of his little meltdown

@ Bard: this early in the game, bandwagoning isn't a serious tell

I think I'm going to VOTE: RedCoyote.

Tell me, how did you get from "go ahead and lynch Venrob he's anti-town regardless of alignment" to "nope he's genuine imma vote someone for getting rid of an RVS vote" in under an hour?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Venrob »

Not rolefishing to find out. I've played this before, so i analyzed the setup then. At that time i was hoping to be scum, and analyzed that trick.

RedCoyote, remind me never to play 2 games at once with you. It's getting confusing!
I'm back!
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

VOTE: anorway
Just seems to me like you're either trying to protect Venrob if hes scum or just bide time for something scummy.
Just doesn't smell right.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Venrob, I see that you haven't addressed my reply to you yet.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Venrob »

Consider it adressed.
I'm back!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

I sense something...hmm...maybe just my imagination.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Shockwave Rider »

In post 84, Umbrage wrote:rolefishing to find out how the goon cop works?
All the role pms are in post 3...

I don't like Formerfish calling for a hammer, particularly when his reason is that Venrob was being a "prima donna," which is not related to alignment.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Formerfish.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Blow me. My call for a hammer was due to the ate and the self vote. I'm sick and tired of playing with people who think that is a legit way to play. You vote yourself and I will be more than happy to see you hang.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Desperado »

I don't like that we stopped lynching Ven because his reaction "looked genuine" even though it was like his 4th reaction to what had happened.

;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 76, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Venrob's reaction looks genuine. He should vote for someone in his next post.
Like what does this even mean? You don't think scumVen would genuinely not understand why he's obvscum and be pissed about it?
;)
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 90, Shockwave Rider wrote:
In post 84, Umbrage wrote:rolefishing to find out how the goon cop works?
All the role pms are in post 3...
doesn't mean he read them
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 92, Desperado wrote:I don't like that we stopped lynching Ven because his reaction "looked genuine" even though it was like his 4th reaction to what had happened.

In post 93, Desperado wrote:
In post 76, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Venrob's reaction looks genuine. He should vote for someone in his next post.
Like what does this even mean? You don't think scumVen would genuinely not understand why he's obvscum and be pissed about it?
I'm with this dude.

Can't speak for the rest of you, but as scum I tend to get ultra-paranoid and lose my shit if I'm about to be lynched.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by Umbrage »

And Venrob's flipout seems more angry than upset, which is a scum reaction.

Hell, the more I think about it, the more I think my gut is right.

VOTE: Venrob

It's the speed that worries me. Players usually only lose their cool like that after a fair bit of pressure. They have to get pushed to that point. Venrob was ready to pull the claim/self-vote card right from the get-go.
In post 85, Venrob wrote:RedCoyote, remind me never to play 2 games at once with you. It's getting confusing!
Buddy? Anyone?
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:31 am

Post by Venrob »

I don't get that angry unless I'm being lynched... Oh, say on page 3. Then i get that angry regardless alignment. As scum, save for an early lynch like that, i tend to get more flustered than frustrated. For instance, see Open 428: Double Day Unlimited. My first completed game, and a scum game. Near the end i got a bit overeager and am surprised i still won, but absta was an idiot that game....

Or just check my wiki for any of my games up to the time of my wiki ban (which ends this month!!! Yay!!!!)

Umbrage, that last quote was non-game related. I have to read him in both games, which is surprisingly confusing. Of course to explain it i would have to go into more detail, which breaks the ongoing game rule..... And as such, I believe that is useless as cannot be explained without breaking site rules.
In post 96, Umbrage wrote:*snip*It's the speed that worries me. Players usually only lose their cool like that after a fair bit of pressure. They have to get pushed to that point. Venrob was ready to pull the claim/self-vote card right from the get-go.*snip*
*cough**cough*
Not when they have anger issues IRL
*cough**cough*

Speaking of which, it has come to my attention that i havent mentioned something this game.... Let me get some quotes.

I have Aspergers Syndrome, a type of autism. I have mentioned this before due to the fact that it changes how people read me.
Spoiler: Said quotes.
In post 33, Venrob wrote:Umm, idk but lor was an early poster.

Aspergers? Really? That makes 2 of us!
In post 61, Venrob wrote:Not meta, just scummy. In one game a cheating mod had me replaced before 48 hours to respond to prod and he replaced me (470). Got back in cuz mod cheated, and that is town meta anyway. Self-voting means Jester or scum imo. Thus my vote.

Also about me: Just so you read me more accurately, I have a type of autism reffered to as aspergers. I play a bit oddly, so check my meta before reading me too in-depth. Check my wiki for my meta.

P-edit
I just logged on for first time since i confirmed... A game or 2 ago i first logged on at 7 pages and wasnt the last to post anything other than 'hey im here [insert RVS vote]
fluff'
And now i get on at page 3 and get voted for lurking? I'd vote you if not for having no reason other than omgus. Well, no SOLID reason...

Now, think about that when you try to read me. See what difference it makes.
I'm back!
anorway
anorway
Goon
anorway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:17 am

Post by anorway »

In post 74, RedCoyote wrote: VOTE: anorway for . What prompted this? Also, if you really thought that the Venrob wagon was careless, why did you not vote someone that was on it?
RVS was already over by then, and I prefer to unvote my RVS votes.

I don't really think it was careless - I just think it went too fast. I felt there was a real threat that someone would hammer, and we would be left with not really much information when Day 2 starts, regardless of how Venrob would have flipped. We have three weeks to lynch, and I want to use as much of that time as necessary. And voting someone on the wagon would be practically a random choice to me, since I use a lot of time before establishing any town or scumreads. That being said, I think TvK and Umbrage are town, though.
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:31 am

Post by TvK »

In post 97, Venrob wrote:I don't get that angry unless I'm being lynched... Oh, say on page 3.
Then i get that angry regardless alignment.
As scum, save for an early lynch like that, i tend to get more flustered than frustrated. For instance, see Open 428: Double Day Unlimited. My first completed game, and a scum game. Near the end i got a bit overeager and am surprised i still won, but absta was an idiot that game....
Strange how you point out yourself that it is very much possible that you would have the same reaction as scum...
In post 97, Venrob wrote:
In post 61, Venrob wrote:Not meta, just scummy. In one game a cheating mod had me replaced before 48 hours to respond to prod and he replaced me (470). Got back in cuz mod cheated, and that is town meta anyway.
Self-voting means Jester or scum imo.
Thus my vote.
This is probably totally unrelated to what you're trying to explain about your aspergers, but you still say this about self-voting. Do tell me, how can we believe that you are town if you call self-voting scummy yourself? And please don't use your autism as an excuse to contradict yourself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”