Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 3918, penguin_alien wrote:How does our supposedly bad play impact your opinion of how many scum remain?
I don't have an opinion on how many scum remain. I have no reason to think it's two or to think it's three. Why are you so sure that it's three or more? And regardless, most of the play in this game is so goddamn awful that most players in it could be easily of either alignment. I only have two townreads, too. Do you think I think that there are five scum? But the worst part is how much time people are spending trying to figure out who my scumbuddies are. All of that will be a waste and set people up for making mistakes based on confirmation bias when I flip town.
In post 3923, penguin_alien wrote:OK then. If this is a mislynch that ends the game, well-played, scum.

VOTE: Paschendale
Far more like really horribly played, town. I wrote that response before you mislynched me, and didn't want to bother erasing it when I saw your vote. I have no doubt that town will lose this game.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yea, because you've been such a bastion of townieness this game, Pasch. You've done sooooo much to help the town. :roll:
Permanent V/LA.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Crud. Sorry, town.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I've called out bad wagons on town and opposed them even while you rushed to mislynch. If you'd listened to me at all this game, we could have avoided several of them.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:23 pm

All I hear is "boo hoo I'm a Cassandra". Well, too bad, that's my title. You can't have it.
Permanent V/LA.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

sigh.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:21 am

Post by quadz08 »

Vote Count 8.7Paschendale (5) - Mastermind of Sin, Empking, SpyreX, morph the cat, penguin_alien

Not Voting (3) - pieceofpecanpie, notscience, Paschendale

With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

A lynch has been reached...

HOLY CRAP THE FLAVOR IS AMAZING

Paschendale was Johnny Cash - Hurt. He was a
Vanilla Townie

[/i]

It is now Night 8. Deadline is March 24th at 10 AM Eastern.[/align][/area][/b]
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by quadz08 »

notscience has been killed.

He was Anna Kendric - Cups. He was a
vanilla townie

The game is over! The scumteam of
Porkens, T-Bone, Mastermind of Sin, pieceofpecanpie, and SpyreX have won!

Role PMs and stuff will come tomorrow. Woooo!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Desperado »

oh hey look

pecan was scum
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Desperado »

smh
;)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:36 pm

More serious thoughts in a bit.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/KPZzcgn8kK4f

Scumteam actions:

N1 - SpyreX kills Nachomollie, MoS blocks Desperado, Porkens rolecops Majiffy
N2 - SpyreX kills Majiffy, MoS blocks Garruk, Porkens rolecops Desperado
N3 - Pecan kills SpyreX, MoS blocks Garruk
N4 - SpyreX kills Nachomollie, MoS blocks Formerfish
N5 - SpyreX kills AJ the Epic, MoS blocks Generic
N6 - SpyreX kills Desperado, MoS blocks Formerfish
N7 - SpyreX kills Formerfish, MoS blocks notscience
N8 - SpyreX kills notscience, MoS blocks penguin_alien

- So yea...SpyreX *was* actually blocked from killing Nachomollie N1. Thank you morph for claiming BP and taking the heat off of him. :) Garruk blocking SpyreX N1 actually turned into one of the best things that could happen for our team, because it allowed SpyreX to perform the NK with impunity every night after that (except N3, obviously), since we could read Garruk and figure out if they needed to be blocked or not in the future. After SpyreX got semi-confirmed by counterclaiming Porkens, we could just ignore Garruk and block Formerfish instead, since he wasn't going to block the claimed docs and stop their cross-protects from working.
- The mods allowed us to gambit by killing SpyreX on N3 solely because we were playing to our win condition. Our plan was to either "confirm" SpyreX by having a Formerfish protection occur or to "confirm" T-Bone by having a nightkill show up on a mafia member, thereby making it look like there might be a werewolf team. It would also have the side effect of taking out the other lover for us.
- My song was actually "Street Corner Symphony - Voodoo". I lied about my song just to fake the Starship Troopers PR, and because it made things more interesting if there was a small chance that I got counterclaimed on my song. :P
- I don't know what Porkens or T-Bone were thinking with their claims...the entirety of claimgate went horribly, horribly wrong, definitely not what I'd wanted to see. We really failed to take advantage of our daytalk to plan it out better.
- Mad props to pecan and SpyreX for working with me to get us through that endgame. That took a lot of legwork to pull off, especially after claimgate blew up in our faces.
- I don't understand how I was able to fake a post restriction for half the game and then completely drop it after claiming VT and have NO ONE push me about it. I ended up using it as a change of behavior to make people subconsciously suspect me less because they were no longer being annoyed by my Starship Troopers quotes.
- I'd been planning to claim a PR (probably limited-shot bodyguard that couldn't target if I broke my PR during the previous day), but after my ENTIRE team decided to steal my thunder and claim PRs themselves, I had to go with VT.
- I'm so, so sorry, morph. I really wanted to be on your team this game, and it broke my heart to have to play you like that. I think your indecisiveness as a pair helped out the scum a lot in this game, perhaps.
- Paschendale, don't you dare come in here and try to be all high and mighty. You were as much to blame for this loss as anyone else on the town, because you let yourself get put in a position where your arguments held absolutely no weight. We set that up on purpose, too, so don't go around calling the town idiots just for falling for it.

This was a pretty fun game, but the general town apathy definitely hurt both the game and the town overall...still, I think after claimgate there was a very good chance that we would have lost if our team hadn't played the resulting days perfectly. I had to work my ass off to pull this one out, especially on the last day or two.
Permanent V/LA.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by notscience »

I really played that last day bad. I should have fought the lynch more after my gut was going nuts over it.

I don't understand Pasch's reaction though, nor do I really understand any of his play from a town perspective (granted, this is me talking so you'll all probably take it with a grain of salt)

I don't know why you had generic down as a possible mislynch, there seemed like no members of the town all that interested in his blood, but meh.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Generic was a possible mislynch because I knew I could push him into screwing himself over and getting lynched if I needed to. I didn't expect him to rage-quit, though. I fully believe that the arguments I was making were not terribly off the mark, and Generic had to know that either I was scum and getting under his skin on purpose or that I was town and making my arguments from a place of sincerity. It's unfortunate that he chose to leave the game when he did, and that nearly screwed over our plan for the final day.
Permanent V/LA.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This game.

I want to see the dead QT
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I was so wrong that there was no sort of reset that could have corrected everything.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 am

Post by Natirasha »

Hey ffery Roleblocker is my favorite role and I can play it well.

Also proof that people put waaay too much emphasis on the fact lovers exist.

Also

>blocked scum 4 nights out of 5.

Sorry bout the self hammer but I was seriously mad that people were just flat out not looking at the narrative.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:47 am

Post by T-Bone »

I played terribly this game, so great job to my scummates picking up the slack.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:07 am

Post by pirate mollie »

welp
- Paschendale, don't you dare come in here and try to be all high and mighty. You were as much to blame for this loss as anyone else on the town, because you let yourself get put in a position where your arguments held absolutely no weight. We set that up on purpose, too, so don't go around calling the town idiots just for falling for it.
I think that this is unfair. pasch looked objectively less scummy than the scum players left in the game, you said you set him up, why are you as scum going "oh hai it was your own fault you got lynched even tho that is how we set it up!". like I don't get this <--- I am just trying to understand

anyways ty for the game
whew!
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:27 am

Post by quadz08 »

Dead QT: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/eRMhHFgPiAmD

FULL SETUP:

1. VT (notscience - Cups)
2. VT (DeasVail / Micc / Maenara - Girl Anachronism)
3. VT (penguin_alien / Generic - Invaders Must Die)
4. VT (mykonian / M45t1n - Wheels)
5. VT (evilpacman18 - Impromptu, Op. 66 No. 2 (Allegro Meccanicamente))
6. VT (Hiraki / Sajin - I, Don Quixote)
7. VT (Paschendale - Hurt)
8. VT (50 Shades of Purple - Ghost of Stephen Foster)
9. Town Mason (AJ the Epic / caledfwitch / InflatablePie - I Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Are Me and We Am I and I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue)
10. Town Mason (Desperado - Crew Love)
11. Town Watcher (Majiffy / Parama - Take Your Time (Coming Home))
12. Town Doctor (Formerfish - You Won’t Know)
13. Town Roleblocker (Garruk Relentless - Haunted)
14. Town Lover (Empking / Agent Minnesota - Bromance)
15. Town 1-Shot Bulletproof (Morph the Cat / PranaDevil - Well ‘Ard Song)

16. Mafia Goon (pieceofpecanpie - Dayvan Cowboy)
17. Mafia Lover (SpyreX - Lovecats)
18. Mafia Encryptor (T-Bone - Little Talks)
19. Mafia Roleblocker (Mastermind of Sin - Voodoo)
20. Mafia Rolecop (Porkens - Maps)

ROLE PMs:

Spoiler:
notscience
notscience
, you are
Anna Kendrick - Cups (When I’m Gone)
. You are aligned with the
town

Though a popular song in the music world, it was not very popular in the Song Contest, gaining -6 points after a non-voting deduction. Though it is musically very wonderful, one has to wonder whether this song did badly due to it’s association to Pitch Perfect.

Role: Vanilla Townie

Powers: You may use your vote and your voice during the day to lynch a player. You do not do anything during the night.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated or nothing can prevent the same, even if you are dead.

Please reply to this PM with your role flavor (artist/song), role and alignment to confirm.

DeasVail / Micc / Maenara
Maenara
, you are
The Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism
town

One of Drench’s most popular submissions, he failed to vote and grab himself a top 5 placement. However, this remains one of JDodge’s favorite songs.

Powers: You may use your vote and your voice during the day to lynch a player. You do not do anything during the night.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated or nothing can prevent the same, even if you are dead.

Please reply to this PM with your role flavor (artist/song), role and alignment to confirm.

penguin_alien / Generic
Generic
, you are
The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
town

Though hit by a 20 point deficit, “Invaders Must Die” was a fairly popular entry in Song Contest 23, gaining top 10 status sans deduction.

mykonian / M45t1n
M45t1n
, you are
Foo Fighters - Wheels
town

Popular songs have always been either hit or miss during the Song Contest. “Wheels” was entered in Song Contest 31 and got some mediocre scores, but although it certainly isn’t a bad song, popular songs have always been the underdogs due to previous exposure and boredom.

evilpacman18
evilpacman18
, you are
evilpacman18 - Kapustin - Impromptu, Op. 66 No. 2 (Allegro Meccanicamente)
town

Although there have been quite a few people who have submitted their own work to the Song Contest, historically, they have not done well (in fact, most of them end up in the bottom 5 of the contest, sadly). However, evilpacman’s fantastic piano playing blew away most of the competition, not only getting out of the bottom 5, but becoming 3rd in Song Contest 58!

Hiraki / Sajin
Sajin
, you are
Brian Stokes Mitchell - I, Don Quixote
town

Submitted in Song Contest 5 by OhGodMyLife, it is a song so deeply embedded into Song Contest history that you’ll rarely find a person who remembers it being submitted. Nonetheless, it became quite a popular choice, gaining 3rd place.

Paschendale
Paschendale
, you are
Johnny Cash - Hurt
town

A haunting entry submitted by Haschel Cedricson to Song Contest 36, it was outscored by Caravan Palace’s Suzy by a few points, gaining second. However, it is notably the favorite entry in the entirety of the Song Contest history to many long-time submitters, including Matias, AGar and others.

50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
, you are
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Ghost of Stephen Foster
town

The winner of Song Contest 16, and Seraphim’s first win, was a testament to the popularity of gritty folk rock. Though Seraphim’s involvement in the Song Contest is past its time, the song will always be an important part of the Song Contest.

AJ the Epic/ caledfwitch / InflatablePie
InflatablePie
, you are
Giraffes? Giraffes! - I Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Are Me and We Am I and I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue
town

Submitted by evilpacman18 in Song Contest 41, this prog rock title with the longest and most obnoxious name ever unexpectedly, but with good reason, ended up getting 4th. While the length and title both are tiring, the musicality of this song is not.

Role: Town Mason

Powers: You may speak to your fellow mason (Desperado) in this quicktopic only during the night: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/MPzBdN45WMiQ
You know that the other mason is town. You may also use your voice and your vote during the day phase to lynch.

Desperado
Desperado
, you are
Drake feat. The Weeknd - Crew Love
town

The short-term entrant The Mini-Librarian sent in this entry to Song Contest 61, only gaining one point despite some praises from many of the entrants. Whether you are a fan of Drake or not, you can not discount his charisma and sense of style.

Role: Town Mason

Powers: You may speak to your fellow mason (InflatablePie) in this quicktopic only during the night: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/MPzBdN45WMiQ
You know that the other mason is town. You may also use your voice and your vote during the day phase to lynch.

Majiffy / Parama
Parama
, you are
fun. - Take Your Time (Coming Home)
town

Submitted by pickemgenius in the very first Battle of the Best contest, it was the remnants of a very early and simple time of the Song Contest: a repeat of the winner of Song Contest 3. It was a frequent song on MafiaScum Radio during it’s time as well.

Role: Town Watcher

Powers: Once per night, you may target somebody and, if successful, you will find out if somebody visited them. If someone has, you will learn the visitor’s name. You may also use your vote and your voice during the day.

Formerfish
Formerfish
, you are
Brand New - You Won’t Know
town

One of the first entries submitted by Bella, it was put up against the two highest scoring entries of all time: “Baba Yetu” and “Would You Be Impressed?”. The mere fact that it became 4th in that contest solidifies this song as an underrated gem.

Role: Town Doctor

Powers: Once per night, you may choose to target a player and protect them from any and all nightkills. They will not know that you protected them, and you will not be told if they were the target of any kills or not. You may also use your voice and your vote during the day to lynch.

Garruk Relentless
Garruk Relentless
, you are
Poe - Haunted
town

A rather interesting song submitted by Quilford, it ended up under 8th place, behind Gotye’s Somebody That I Used To Know and Canon Blue’s Indian Summer (Des Moines). However, it’s chorus is extremely chilling and pleasing to the ear, despite it finishing in a middle spot.

Role: Town Roleblocker

Powers: Once per night, you may target someone in an attempt to stop them from performing any action. If successful, you will stop them from performing an action, if they are performing one. You may also use your vote and your voice during the day to lynch.

Empking / Agent Minnesota
Agent Minnesota
, you are
Chester See & Ryan Higa - Bromance
town

Submitted by AGar in Song Contest 51, this comedic song about brotherly love got a mediocre point count, but a somewhat popular following.

Role: Town Lover

Powers: You are lovers with another player (SpyreX). If one of the two of you die (either during the night or the day), the other immediately dies as well. You are NOT informed of your lover’s alignment, and they are NOT informed of yours. You may speak during the night in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/hfi4AnYwcbL
You may also use your voice and your vote during the day to lynch.

Morph the Cat / PranaDevil
PranaDevil
, you are
Hale & Pace - Well ‘Ard Song
town

Submitted by PranaDevil in Song Contest 22, it showed off a staple of his preference of comedy entries, setting a precedent that later defined many of his entries. It is also the only entry that has 0 points without having any points deducted…but that hasn’t stopped him.

Role: Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Powers: You have a 1-Shot protection from any night or day kill that may happen to you. If multiple kills happen to you at once, you still will die. You may also use your vote and your voice during the day.

pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
, you are
Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy
mafia

Ambient artists aren’t really known for doing well, but Quilford’s entry of Dayvan Cowboy shattered that notion by tying for 3rd with two other artists.

Role: Mafia Goon

Powers: You may kill during the night by targeting a player. You can also use your voice and vote during the day to lynch.

Extra information: You may talk with your teammates at this quicktopic (the names and roles of your teammates are inside): http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/KPZzcgn8kK4f

Win Condition: You win when the mafia outnumber the rest of the player list, when the mafia are the last ones standing, or nothing can prevent either.

SpyreX
SpyreX
, you are
The Cure - The Lovecats
mafia

A Song Contest 32 top 10 entry by Song Contest pioneer Porochaz, this song shows off what a popular sound can achieve. Though there were some definite strong entries in this contest, this song held it’s own.

Role: Mafia Lover

Powers: You are lovers with another player (SpyreX). If one of the two of you die (either during the night or the day), the other immediately dies as well. You are NOT informed of your lover’s alignment, and they are NOT informed of yours. You may speak during the night in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/hfi4AnYwcbL
You may also use your voice and your vote during the day to lynch. As part of the mafia, you can kill during the night.

Extra information: You may talk with your teammates at this quicktopic (the names and roles of your teammates are inside): http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/KPZzcgn8kK4f
Be careful to keep your quicktopics separate.

Win Condition: You win when the mafia outnumber the rest of the player list, when the mafia are the last ones standing, or nothing can prevent either.

T-Bone
T-Bone
, you are
Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
mafia

Submitted by Hiraki in Song Contest 49, it became Hiraki’s 2nd highest scoring entry, gaining him 3rd place. Although they have not been featured in a Battle of the Best, Of Monsters and Men was promptly placed onto the Best Of Song Contest Playlist.

Role: Mafia Encryptor

Powers: As long as you are alive, you and your teammates may talk in the Mafia QT at any point. However, once you die, your teammates may not talk during the day. You may also target somebody and kill them during the night. Lastly, you can use your vote to lynch during the day.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
, you are
Street Corner Symphony - Voodoo
mafia

This entry was the winner of Song Contest 66, Mastermind of Sin’s 6th entry in the Song Contest. It was a hard hitting acapella track, the only one of it’s kind to win a contest.

Role: Mafia Roleblocker

Powers: Once per night, you may attempt to target a player to stop them from performing any action. If successful, that person will not be able to perform any action, if they are able to perform one at all. You may also target somebody and kill them during the night. Lastly, you can use your vote to lynch during the day. You may NOT kill and roleblock in the same night.

Porkens
Porkens
, you are
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
mafia

Though traditionally an indie rock song, this song really made it’s headway when it debuted in the video game Rock Band. While “Zero” may have gotten more points, “Maps” went up against much steeper competition in the Battle of the Best 2.

Role: Mafia Rolecop

Powers: Once per night, you may investigate somebody to find out what role they have. You will not find out their alignment, only the name of their role. You may also target to kill somebody during the night. Lastly, you may use your voice and vote during the day to lynch. You can NOT investigate and kill in the same night.

NIGHT ACTIONS:

Spoiler:
Night 1:

Majiffy watches 50 Shades
Garruk blocks SpyreX
Formerfish protects Desperado
Porkens rolecops Majiffy
SpyreX kills 50 Shades (failed)
MoS blocks Desperado

No one dies
Majiffy sees nothing
porkens receives “Watcher“ on Majiffy

Night 2:

Formerfish protects Garruk
Garruk blocks Majiffy (failed)
Majiffy: Nothing
MoS blocks Garruk (successful)
SpyreX kills Majiffy
Porkens rolecops Desperado

Majiffy dies
porkens receives “Mason” on Desperado

Night 3:

Garruk blocks Desperado
Formerfish protects Spyrex
MoS blocks Garruk
Pecan kills Spyrex

No one dies

Night 4:

Garruk blocks MoS
Mos blocks formerfish
Formerfish protects Spyrex
Spyrex kills 50 Shades

50 shades dies

Night 5:
Garruk blocks MoS
Formerfish protects SpyreX
MoS blocks Generic (fails)
SpyreX kills AJ the Epic

AJ dies

Night 6:
Garruk blocks Morph the Cat
Formerfish protects Desperado (fails)
MoS blocks Formerfish
SpyreX kills Desperado

Desperado dies

Night 7:
Formerfish protects SpyreX
MoS blocks notscience
SpyreX kills Formerfish

Formerfish dies

Night 8:
MoS blocks penguin_alien
SpyreX kills notscience

notscience dies
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:06 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 3082, morph the cat wrote:ok. I agree we're wking popp pretty hard and have been since day 2. You think we're what's preventing that wagon from taking off?

(I'll be pretty pissed if it actually does take off).
In post 3086, mykonian wrote:pretty much. Noone else dares to speak out. You have enough posts to pretend you are leading the town now.

I'll be just as pissed if he wins the game for scum.
I didn't even bother with explaining why MoS felt wrong in the climate where I couldn't even get stuff going on pie.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:30 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3945, mykonian wrote:
In post 3082, morph the cat wrote:ok. I agree we're wking popp pretty hard and have been since day 2. You think we're what's preventing that wagon from taking off?

(I'll be pretty pissed if it actually does take off).
In post 3086, mykonian wrote:pretty much. Noone else dares to speak out. You have enough posts to pretend you are leading the town now.

I'll be just as pissed if he wins the game for scum.
I didn't even bother with explaining why MoS felt wrong in the climate where I couldn't even get stuff going on pie.
we had a town read on majiffy and a scumread on pecan we probably should have hit it with more force.

a mollie/majiffy scumread isn't common and we should probably have it hit with more force.
whew!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3943, pirate mollie wrote:welp
I think that this is unfair. pasch looked objectively less scummy than the scum players left in the game, you said you set him up, why are you as scum going "oh hai it was your own fault you got lynched even tho that is how we set it up!". like I don't get this <--- I am just trying to understand

anyways ty for the game
There's also the fact that the people who misread a townie are almost always to blame over the person who gets mislynched.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

(fwiw I only vaguely followed the game, but I kept seeing SpyreX alive and was confused why he wasn't PL'd)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:00 pm

In post 3943, pirate mollie wrote:welp

anyways ty for the game
When I say that we set up his lynch, I mean that we took advantage of the way that Pasch's playstyle is completely detrimental to town to get him lynched. His "come at me bro" attitude, combined with incessant whining every time someone accused him of being scum...that's all on him. Pasch went around saying that the town was stupid not for seeing him as town when he's arguing from a standpoint of knowing his own alignment. That kind of self-righteous indignation is not at all helpful to town play, and I capitalized the hell out of it to take the win. If Pasch or Generic had been willing to reevaluate their own behavior and actually act in a manner that could benefit the town, I'd have been stuck treading in deep water and we wouldn't have been able to manipulate the town like we did. They were as much part of the problem as anyone else.

All things considered, I actually think morph played a better town game than anyone else (excepting perhaps the masons) who lived past the claimgate fiasco (which culminated in T-Bone's lynch and Nachomollie's death). I worked my ass off specifically because morph was in the game...if not for morph and the masons, we'd have steamrolled even after dropping two of our own to back-to-back lynches. No one else who was left in the game mattered to us except those 3, really. notsci, myko, Empking, DV, pasch, and Generic were not putting forth the strength of presence or logic to have been a threat to us, Formerfish and Garruk were handled once we survived D2 with SpyreX and his subsequent doc claim, and Generic/Pasch were also easily used to distract the town from actually being able to effectively hunt scum. Essentially, everything I did after Day 4 was for the benefit of a very small group of town players who held all the meaningful power when it came to getting town momentum in the proper direction.
In post 3947, BROseidon wrote:There's also the fact that the people who misread a townie are almost always to blame over the person who gets mislynched.
That's categorically untrue. Town players have a duty to act in the town's best interests as much as possible. Getting mislynched for not doing so is as much (if not more) on the shoulders of the person who got lynched as those who voted them.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”