toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Oh I forgot to give props to F-16. You pulled off the hider role perfectly.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Elyse »

I'm going to post my thoughts on all the players. (I read the entire dead QT btw)

N - Great job modding. You were always active, attentive, and on-time. You did the right thing with Garmr's last vote but I don't think it would have mattered in the long run. You also ran a very cool setup, especially using Seraph Knight which is like my favorite role for some reason. :]

havingfitz - Not much I can say really. You investigated the right person (Thor) but we caught you and NK'd you.

ICEninja - You didn't play as poorly as it's being made out to be. You had some misguided opinions and did not do much to dispute the suspicions on your slot. I think Thor did a great job of securing your mislynch on Day 3 during Day 2, and Slandaar's tunneling helped as well. You kept towning it up towards the end there and I was sweating it out until you got lynched.

zakk - You scared me in LyLo! I was not expecting you to come out of the gate so strong against me! You seemed really town to me but I had to fake that you were scummy to keep myself from being lynched. You had strong points (and a few stinkers :P), but your previous lurking lost you the credibility you needed to get my lynch through. If you were consistently aggressive, you probably would have been able to convince tool/Skelda.

Garmr - You were a really great partner in LyLo. You distanced enough from me that the scumteam seemed to be Elyse/Skelda or zakk/Garmr and when everyone put the pieces together that you were a common scumread, you made sure to go down making me look town. It worked. And even if you got lynched, I think we would have won. Great job!

toolenduso - I thought you did a great job this game. Your book on Slandaar was sooo funny and good that it made me regret killing him because it would have been funny to see him respond to that. You were the level headed thinker the town needed in LyLo, but it was a hard situation to be in. You had a lurker, a newb, a townie player you expected to die, and a lurker-turned-aggressive scumhunter. It was a tough decision, but I think you would have been able to work it out if given enough time.

Sir Bastion - You were always obvtown to me and showed great logic throughout the game. I was really impressed with your play. Great work.

Slandaar - I felt like your play was more distracting than it was helpful in the long run, but had you made it to LyLo, I think you could have earned the town a victory. I did not feel comfortable with you in LyLo, and despite the suspicion on your slot, I knew you could turn it around on a dime and get me/Garmr lynched. Overall though, the thing with Thor on Day 1 lost you nearly all of your credibility, which you needed.

Thor665 - You were a really helpful scumbuddy and I enjoyed being on your team and conspiring with you. Your Day 2 play was great and it led us through the ICE mislynch unscathed, with a tunnelly Slandaar and a confused town.

Maxous - You were the player I feared the most going into Night 1. I wanted you killed upon replacing in, pretty much. Your reads were spot on and you had great, concise thoughts. You would have been an almost impossible mislynch. If you pushed your reads a little harder, the outcome of the game might have changed.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon - You hid behind the right person and left a great crumb the scum didn't notice/take seriously. Too bad I was the one who jumped on it and took the towncred!

Albert B. Rampage - I really dislike your criticism of tool after the game. Sure, your reads may have been right on Day 1, but you still played mind-bogglingly bad with your fake case and retraction of your scumread on Thor. You gave us the mislynch we needed. If you hadn't done that and stayed alive, I know you probably would have led town to victory. But you didn't and you shouldn't criticize tool because while you might have done better late-game, you need to survive early-game first. Tool did that and you could not.

Skelda - You lurked a little too much and you AtE'd towards the end, which isn't going to ease suspicions on you. I thought your LyLo play was decent, and I completely understand the conclusions you came to. I would've done the same if I was town in your shoes. Announcing you were going to vote zakk immediately the next day was a really bad move, because it gave me an easy path to victory. It didn't make a difference, but don't announce that next time.

And that's all folks. Thanks for a fun game!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Good summary. I agree with a significant majority of what you said.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Firstly congrats to scum you played a great game.

I also think there has been a bit too negativity about town in this thread so round of applause all around too. I enjoyed playing with all for the most part.

@Thor: I do think you give your day 2 too much credit. My comment that it was my mistake holding your lynch back was that it gave your team more daychat, most of your comments of the day of day 2 went in one ear and out the other. But I doi think the play on having the watcher watch you was 1 of 2 moves that handed you the game so many applause for that.

@Elyse: fuuuuu, I even checked on day 2, I timed how long after game open that you posted your vote and I weighed it up as a plan by scum from the night before or not and deemed that 20 minutes was sufficent and that you were normally posting around 3am (my time). I checked it again day 3 when thor flipped encryptor and I gave you a pass because as I originally found you normally posted around 3am (my time) and when I died I still thought that maybe just maybe something I had said on day 3 got me killed. But the second slandaar came in. Fuuuuu...
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Also god damnit that day 1 breadcrumb from garmr.

Reading the mafia qt...thor you evil man laughing at me from there for picking it up and running with it.

fuuuuuuu...
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Elyse »

Hehehe

Also, Maxous, I sigged one of your quotes in the dead QT <3
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Maxous »

the heebie jeebies have never failed me yet

but yeah, good play.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Garmr »

Maxous scared the shit out of me day 1.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by zakk »

Well played, Elyse. I will never trust you again.

Sorry to Skelda. I really didn't trust you. I'm not sure why.

Garmr we should have just lynched on Day 1.

ABR never should have been lynched. That was wack.

I was all over the place the final day. I am not proud.

N, I didn't like your "Votes have to be at the start of the line" thing at all. If they can be understood as votes, they should be counted. As it was, it allowed scum to pull off a gambit that never would have otherwise happened. And for all we know, his vote might have been serious and he was just saved because of that accursed rule. Of course, he'd never admit to it, but then... who would?

For my part, Skelda had me convinced about Garmr-scum, and I had a post written in which I clicked "Submit" which had a Garmr hammer in it, but luckily for Garmr, my post review caught a new post from him, and after reading it, I decided not to hammer him right away and decided to talk to him instead. You can find that here. 1291 was originally 1290, and had a vote and a lot more talking about my Garmr hammer in it.

I so wish that would have happened now. Garmr saved himself, literally, by less than one minute.

All in all, this was very frustrating, and I'm not happy with my play at all.

Shout out to Axxle for calling Garmr scum in his first post of the game. I wanna play with you again.
Shout out to ABR for ridiculously good reads, and I'm sorry I wasn't around to defend you on Day 1.
Shout out to the mod for overall running a pretty smooth game, despite the dumb vote rule I dislike.
Shout out to Elyse for pulling things off at the end with a ridiculous amount of flair, despite the odds.

And Slandaar, please never play another game with me again either. I
can't
don't want to handle it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Good game and good modding N. Elyse had me fooled until I saw the spoiler PM. As for Thor and Albert, I think I said it in the dead QT but the "made-up" case convinced me much more than Slandaar's case did and Albert should have never retracted it. I think by "made-up," you were simply exagerating your confidence in it. That's fine. I think Thor did excellently with the fake emotion/frustration. Tool's book was hilarious to see. Fun game overall.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1409, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Good game and good modding N. Elyse had me fooled until I saw the spoiler PM. As for Thor and Albert, I think I said it in the dead QT but the "made-up" case convinced me much more than Slandaar's case did and Albert should have never retracted it. I think by "made-up," you were simply exagerating your confidence in it. That's fine. I think Thor did excellently with the fake emotion/frustration. Tool's book was hilarious to see. Fun game overall.
/confirm that both metastalkers, not just f16, were stalking. Also mostly agree with the quoted sentaments, except I didn't get a spoiler; i just waited till endgame.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 am

Post by havingfitz »

I didn't survive long enough to care in this game. :(

Good job scum.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

It was a good game. I'd play again with any one of you. Tool is a young up and commer, and I have no doubt he will get a bit better over time. He didn't deserve to take all the blame on his own.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

You have a gentle and good soul Albert.

...hidden under a few miles of solid steel spikes, naturally ;)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hahah THOR!!!! I can't wait to see you again XD

Come join the next mini normal guys! Alduskel, I believe.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

I do like an Ald game...
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can