Mini 1482: Castle - A Mafia Murder So Vile (GAME OVER)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Malakittens »

Richard Castle: It's just so senseless.
Alexis Castle: Murder usually is.
Richard Castle: Nope. Murder usually makes a great deal of sense. Passion, greed, politics. What's senseless here is the books the killer chose. Hell Hath No Fury? Flowers For Your Grave? My truly lesser works. Why would a psychotic fan pick those?
Alexis Castle: Maybe because he's psychotic. Come on. It's bedtime. You can figure it out in the morning.

1.03With thirteen alive it will take seven to lynch.

*macmollie - Mantisdreamz [1]
*theslimer3 - Wisdom [1]
*Sweet Pertayter - thenewearth, Lynx_Shine [2]
*thenewearth -
*Mantisdreamz - Sweet Pertayter, macmollie, havingfitz [3]
*Wisdom - ArcAngel9 [1]
*ArcAngel9 -
*Desperado -
*Lynx_Shine -
*Bert - Desperado [1]
*Natirasha - Natirasha, Bert [2]
*penguin_alien -
*havingfitz -

Not Voting [2]: theslimer3, penguin_alien

Chapter 1 Ends..Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-08-16 03:52:00)

(There are no hints/clues in this flavor or in any flavor of the vote counts or death scenes. It's for entertainment purposes.)
Last edited by Malakittens on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Bert »

In post 73, Desperado wrote: Her last post was null. All of her posts have been null. You appear to be content to ascribe malicious intent where it might not apply and its scummy.

Is Bert always this lazy as scum?
How am I being lazy? I don't think HIS posts have been null. You didn't even look at HIS gender yet, and you call me lazy. *shrug*

Right, so she's totally null and you have absolutely no read whatsoever of Natirasha.

Are you kidding me
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: *he*
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 76, Bert wrote:You didn't even look at HIS gender yet, and you call me lazy. *shrug*
Hey look it's scum slinging mud. How is this relevant and how does me not knowing their gender make me lazy?

The proper town response to someone claiming to be bored is to ask them why, not vote them and paint them as scum giving an excuse to lurk. If she was scum and wanted to lurk she would just...do it, like 75% of the rest of the game. You took something that was null ("I am bored.") and made it scummy ("I am giving an excuse to lurk.")

That's not building a case, it's scum painting a canvas, and it's lazy scum painting at that.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Desperado »

arc, newearth, lynx, and fitz are all town until further notice
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Bert »

Yeah, so I'm supposed to give a certain "proper town response."

There is no such thing. I don't conform to some textbook definition of town.

Why would I ask her why she's bored? You're trying to make me show superficial patience for someone blatantly lurking.

No thanks, bub. Why are those reads of yours town?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Bert »

I love how you say "town until further notice." You can just backstab them later. Lol!

Do you always tunnel like this
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Desperado »

Arc - #18
Newearth - #60
Fitz - #62
Lynx - #64

And you would ask her why she's bored because if you make an effort to engage with her, she might not be bored anymore! Which means she'll be providing more content, which means we'll be able to read her better.

Assume she's town and telling the truth about being bored. Which approach do you think is more likely to produce a positive reaction, mine or yours?
Lynx_Shine
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Lynx_Shine »

VOTE: Bert

Lack of interest on the third page with little actual game talk is hardly out of the question. I've been gone because nothing relevant to the game was happening, does that make me scummy?
In post 71, Bert wrote:1) Self-voted, rather than voting anyone else - because that's "how she rolls"

2) She comes in and makes two comments, 1 saying "I hate hydras, I'm bored" and the other saying "Arc is probably scum because she just posted more than I've seen her post in my other games." None of those posts appear to be with the intent of advancing the game along. And on top of that, to complain about the speed of the game when the game just started. Her/his last post is more of a lurker prod dodge than anything IMO.
A self-vote in RVS isn't something to take seriously imo. If the player already has several votes on them, they're being anti-Town. If they come in being goofy and self-votes their first post why should that bother you any more than the friendly chatter across the first two pages?

There's nothing to be gained from "I'm not really playing atm because there's no game talk." It's pointless but I'm less concerned about that than someone trying to pin someone else as scum from two no-content posts.

Pretty sure a meta-based scum accusation would move the game along? It's content and something that can be responded to.

pedit: There's a difference between impatience and empty finger-pointing. Unless you're some super genius who can find scum in 134 words.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 81, Bert wrote:I love how you say "town until further notice."
You can just backstab them later.
Lol!

As opposed to what, being locked into page four reads?

I don't know, I don't keep a self-meta log. But I was scum in Micros 150 and 168 and Mini 1426, and I was town in Calvin and Hobbes and WWE Believe in the Shield.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 81, Bert wrote:I love how you say "town until further notice."
You can just backstab them later.
Lol!

As opposed to what, being locked into page four reads?

I don't know, I don't keep a self-meta log. But I was scum in Micros 150 and 168 and Mini 1426, and I was town in Calvin and Hobbes and WWE Believe in the Shield.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Natirasha »

Hey, I did my secret job: sparking interest.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Bert »

In post 83, Lynx_Shine wrote:VOTE: Bert

Lack of interest on the third page with little actual game talk is hardly out of the question. I've been gone because nothing relevant to the game was happening, does that make me scummy?

Pretty sure a meta-based scum accusation would move the game along? It's content and something that can be responded to.

pedit: There's a difference between impatience and empty finger-pointing. Unless you're some super genius who can find scum in 134 words.
Making empty posts is not the same as being gone and not posting. Do you think we're going to lynch Natirasha for lurking like this? No, but this should be a wake-up call to get his head in the game. I don't claim to be some super genius, but it's still urgent to get discussion going. I am so not happy with how my vote on Natirasha is being perceived.

How is finger-pointing empty? I made a fair accusation saying that she/he should be more serious about the game and not just say "this game isn't catching my interest." I've heard scum (Majiffy in Micro 189) just come in and say "this game hasn't caught our interest yet. I'll be back later"....and then come back days later when a huge portion of the day is already in the books. I have a low tolerance for that.

Same with those empty promises to catch up in my past games - looking at you, Arcangel. She does it in every game I've been in, and yet she's described as active in other games. Drives me bonkers, I tell ya
In post 83, Lynx_Shine wrote:VOTE: Bert

Why are you asking me this rhetorical question? What response do you actually expect
In post 86, Natirasha wrote:Hey, I did my secret job: sparking interest.
Do you ever post anything but one-liners? You have some people defending you like their life depended on it, so get cozy <3
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 87, Bert wrote:How is finger-pointing empty? I made a fair accusation saying that she/he should be more serious about the game and not just say "this game isn't catching my interest." I've heard scum (Majiffy in Micro 189) just come in and say "this game hasn't caught our interest yet. I'll be back later"....and then come back days later when a huge portion of the day is already in the books. I have a low tolerance for that.
But the only reason you chose to finger point in Nats' direction is because she declared her boredom. Don't you think that fact by itself makes her less likely to be lurking scum than the other 6 players who haven't posted since last night? I'll ask again--if her intent was to lurk it out, as you accused her of, why didn't she just do it? Why did she unnecessarily open herself up to criticism?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Bert »

In post 82, Desperado wrote: And you would ask her why she's bored because if you make an effort to engage with her, she might not be bored anymore! Which means she'll be providing more content, which means we'll be able to read her better.

Assume she's town and telling the truth about being bored. Which approach do you think is more likely to produce a positive reaction, mine or yours?
Or, if you accuse her, then she might not be bored anymore. She might be on her toes as a result - doubtful because apparently nothing I'm saying holds any weight because it's all "empty" like you all say. Both ways CAN be effective.

I'm not looking for a positive reaction; I'm looking for ALL and ANY reactions.

We will get this game going - I won't let you deter me with your mudslinger comments. You may think I'm slinging mud, but I'm going to keep slinging what I'm slinging and not let you get to me.

It may be mud, but it's my mud and people being lurky and quiet just muddies the waters (pun intended)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Bert »

In post 88, Desperado wrote:
In post 87, Bert wrote:How is finger-pointing empty? I made a fair accusation saying that she/he should be more serious about the game and not just say "this game isn't catching my interest." I've heard scum (Majiffy in Micro 189) just come in and say "this game hasn't caught our interest yet. I'll be back later"....and then come back days later when a huge portion of the day is already in the books. I have a low tolerance for that.
But the only reason you chose to finger point in Nats' direction is because she declared her boredom. Don't you think that fact by itself makes her less likely to be lurking scum than the other 6 players who haven't posted since last night? I'll ask again--if her intent was to lurk it out, as you accused her of, why didn't she just do it? Why did she unnecessarily open herself up to criticism?
He's here. He's present. His words hold importance now that he's here. It's the early stages of the game - I take what I'm given, and his posting is one of the few I can start with to get some reactions.

No, it does not make her less likely to be lurking scum. Why are you delving into semantics here? Please explain that to me sometime.

These rhetorical questions are one after the other....

The bottom line is - I find how SHE, INDIVIDUALLY, has approached this game. We aren't talking about the 6 other players in this discussion; this is about Natirasha. That manner in itself pings each and every one of my scumdars. And whether you like it or not, I'm going to be here slinging whatchamacallit everywhere.

You still haven't explained what this player's playstyle is like and why none of her play here is indicative of alignment. OR why everything she has done is null. Maybe you'll stop tunneling and actually answer a question for once, instead of selectively answering questions and spewing rhetorical questions back, kay?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Bert »

Typo: "I find how she, individually, has approached this game - without regard to external factors"

Sorry typo.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Desperado »

You presented three pieces of evidence for your vote.

1) She self-voted.
2) She said she hates hydras.
3) She said Arc might be scum because she's posted more in this game than Nat normally sees.

You contended that none of these moved the game forward.

In order:

1) Yes she did. Nats' meta will show you that she always self-votes. That means it's null. I pointed this out when you said it originally and you ignored it. I wonder why...
2) A lot of people hate hydras. Do you really think someone's opinion of hydras is alignment indicative?
3) You said this didn't move the game along, but for that to be true you'd have to assume Nat wasn't being serious about the read. Why would you assume that? I considered it scumhunting. Why do you think scumhunting is scummy?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Natirasha »

In post 87, Bert wrote:Do you ever post anything but one-liners? You have some people defending you like their life depended on it, so get cozy <3
Nope.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Bert »

In post 92, Desperado wrote:You presented three pieces of evidence for your vote.

1) She self-voted.
2) She said she hates hydras.
3) She said Arc might be scum because she's posted more in this game than Nat normally sees.

You contended that none of these moved the game forward.

In order:

1) Yes she did. Nats' meta will show you that she always self-votes. That means it's null. I pointed this out when you said it originally and you ignored it. I wonder why...
2) A lot of people hate hydras. Do you really think someone's opinion of hydras is alignment indicative?
3) You said this didn't move the game along, but for that to be true you'd have to assume Nat wasn't being serious about the read. Why would you assume that? I considered it scumhunting. Why do you think scumhunting is scummy?
1) I am not ignoring it; the fact that he has yet to vote ANYBODY even up until now is scummy. If you're going to play in RVS, participate and don't just throw your vote on yourself and call it a day for that RVS period.
2) Hating hydras is NOT evidence. I did not use that. I used her post which happened to include her opinion about hydras as means.
3) If saying that thing about Arc is scumhunting, then I can say that Mara is town because she just buddied me which she does in all of her games where I've seen her as town. In other words, your conclusion sucks.

But thank you for explaining his meta.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 93, Natirasha wrote:
In post 87, Bert wrote:Do you ever post anything but one-liners? You have some people defending you like their life depended on it, so get cozy <3
Nope.
Oh dear, flashbacks to playing with JacobSavage.

I'm in for a longggggggggg game.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 95, Bert wrote:
In post 93, Natirasha wrote:
Nope.
Oh dear, flashbacks to playing with JacobSavage.

I'm in for a longggggggggg game.
I recommend you go look at some of my other games--shout out to Mind Screw 2--it shows a lot of my general playstyle. I'm just brief. In any case, there is nothing to talk about, I don't think there is anyone who has come off as scummy to me at this point(and I'm stingy with my vote anyways), so why vote? Half the playerlist isn't even here, anyway.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Bert »

Kay then.

I'm going to take a nap, satisfied and thrilled to my heart's content that I got two lines out of you. <3
Lynx_Shine
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Lynx_Shine »

Same with those empty promises to catch up in my past games - looking at you, Arcangel. She does it in every game I've been in, and yet she's described as active in other games. Drives me bonkers, I tell ya
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's a difference between lurking on Day 3 or 4 and not replacing out, and lurking on page 4. We're lucky we even got that much of a response rather than continued silence like we could've gotten.

More than lucky, for him to post that on page four this early is directly putting himself on the radar. At this point I would expect dropping off the radar to be put into forced posts, not an excuse better suited for later in the game.
Why are you asking me this rhetorical question? What response do you actually expect
I don't like rhetorical questions, I was looking for an actual answer. It's simple: you voted Natirasha for the disappearance and lack of interest. I had trouble being interested and even finding something to respond to. Do you actually think this is scummy behavior? Because that move can't go both ways for two different people or it's more or less void.
In post 89, Bert wrote:I'm not looking for a positive reaction; I'm looking for ALL and ANY reactions.

We will get this game going - I won't let you deter me with your mudslinger comments. You may think I'm slinging mud, but I'm going to keep slinging what I'm slinging and not let you get to me.
I'm pretty sure the game is going. Insults or not there are posts being made about the game itself and nobody is passive-aggressively flirting about past games.
In post 94, Bert wrote:1) I am not ignoring it; the fact that he has yet to vote ANYBODY even up until now is scummy. If you're going to play in RVS, participate and don't just throw your vote on yourself and call it a day for that RVS period.
Lack of RVS is a scumtell now? Natirasha's vote on himself wasn't any more serious than my vote on Sweet Pertayter. I'd be concerned if he didn't vote himself if that's a usual thing for him, you're tunnelng on something as basic as somebody who always starts their first post in a thread with "hello."
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Martha Rodgers: Hang on, Sweetie.
[Looks at a man among the guests]
Martha Rodgers: I just got a hit on my guydar. Bingo. No ring. Stand back, kids. Momma's going fishing.
Last edited by Malakittens on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”