fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Open 514: Monks and Masons in Serona - GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The proud and ancient town of Serona crowns a hilltop and nestles down in the folded hillsides high above the fertile fields of Tuscany. Townsfolk have gone about their business, undisturbed and content, for many long years. But recently, disturbances have shaken historic medieval halls and corridors to their foundations. A scourge of thievery, thuggery and brigandage has descended upon Serona.

As you go about your early morning tasks, you look up, startled by the deep clang from the bell tower of the Abbey on the north face of the hill. It's far too early for Terce. The bell keeps clanging, and you realize that something has happened. Something important. Something wrong.

You rush out to the cobbled street and head toward the Abbey, jostled as neighbors pour into the streets and carry you along in a human wave to the monastery.

A few monks stand in the yard, faces distraught and heads bowed in prayer. You realize there is a body lying in the circle the monks have formed. The robe is as simple as that of any novice, but you'd recognize the plump silhouette anywhere. It is Fr. Peitro, the abbot. A dagger stands improbably in his chest, and the brown robe is darkly stained around it.

One of the monks looks up at the gathering crowd. "It was the Mafia who did this to him. But, why Fr. Peitro?"

A richly garbed town elder dashes down the hill, his cap askew and his hosen legs splashed with mud. "Wolves! Wolves within the walls! They were in the Freemasons Hall last night! Terrible!"

He catches his breath and the words spill out. Huge, ravenous preternatural wolves have made their way from unknown parts far to the north. They prey on whomever they find in the dark streets at night. The wolves are never seen in daylight, but leave terrifying spoor from their nights' predations. Last night, these horrific wolves crashed through the tall windows of the Hall and tore out the throat of the Master of the Masons, Antonius Garibaldi.

United in mourning and in anger, you come together, townsfolk, monks and masons, fearful and angry. You must rid Serona of the twinned scourge that threatens you, or you will surely perish.

Player List

Malakittens

goodmorning
Syryana

TheIrishPope
Scott Brosius*

Wisdom
NoctanNights

Bert

Saki

RachMarie

notscience

Sakura Hana

DrCirno
Meowmix*

50 Shades of Purple

Ms Marangal
Honey Bee

diginova
Marquis

bold - confirmed
* - prodded

Spoiler: Among the living
Malakittens
DrCirno

Spoiler: Deceased
Ms Marangal,
Vanilla Town
was lynched day 1
Wisdom,
Vanilla Town
was killed night 1
50 Shades of Purple,
Vanilla Town
was killed night 1
goodmorning,
Werewolf Mason
was lynched day 2
Bert,
Town Mason
was killed night 2
notscience,
Vanilla Town
was killed night 2
Sakura Hanna
Vanilla Town
was lynched day 3
Saki
Vanilla Town
, was killed night 3
TheIrishPope,
Werewolf
, was killed night 3
Rach Marie,
Town Monk
, was endgamed night 3
diginova,
Vanilla Town
, was endgamed night 3

Noteworthy events

Day 1 begins
Vote Count 1.1
Vote Count 1.2
Vote Count 1.3
Vote Count 1.4
Vote Count 1.5
Vote Count 1.6
Vote Count 1.7
Vote Count 1.8
Vote Count 1.9
Vote Count 1.10
Vote Count 1.11
goodmorning replaces Syryana
Vote Count 1.12
Vote Count 1.13
Vote Count 1.14
Vote Count 1.15
Vote Count 1.16
Vote Count 1.17
Wisdom replaces NocturnNights
Vote Count 1.18
Vote Count 1.19
Vote Count 1.20
Vote Count 1.21
DrCirno replaces MeowMix
Vote Count 1.22
Ms Marangal replaces Honeybee
Vote Count 1.23
diginova replaces Marquis
Vote Count 1.24
Vote Count 1.25
Vote Count 1.26 - Day 1 Final
Day 1 ends
Day 2 begins
Vote count 2.1
Vote count 2.2 - Day 2 Final
Day 2 ends
Day 3 begins
Vote count 3.1
Vote count 3.2
Vote count 3.3
Vote count 3.4 With the amazing Medieval Facepalm!
Vote count 3.5
Vote count 3.6
Vote count 3.7 - Day 3 Final
Day 3 ends
Day 4 begins and game over

Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 am, edited 38 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by fferyllt »

RULES (slightly modified from chkflip's)

- Forum Wide Rules and Guidelines are in effect.

- To vote for a player, bold the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g. [bVote: ]fferyllt[/b] or VOTE: fferyllt with the VOTE: tags. As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. If you change your mind about whom you want lynched, you don't have to unvote first but if you do, then preferably use the format
Unvote: fferyllt
or UNVOTE: fferyllt. You may also
Vote: No Lynch
, unvoted the same way as before.

- A majority of votes is required for a lynch, even at deadline. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for the current day. If deadline is reached with no player having enough votes for a lynch, the day ends in an automatic No Lynch

- Nightkilled or modkilled players may make one "bah" post that doesn't contain any game-related content if you wish to make it, but you must thereafter stop posting in the game., Lynched and living players may continue to talk during twilight as long as they follow all of the rules.

- You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself unless you want a warning. Three warnings (or an offensive enough post) and you will be ejected from the game and replaced with someone else.

- Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using invisible text, etc. THIS INCLUDES ENCRYPTED TEXT! You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
bolded indigo or whatever this is
. You may use the
Spoiler:
tags if you wish, but don't use the other spoiler tags.

- Impersonating the moderator WILL NOT HAPPEN. Doing so, you will be replaced.

- Unless you're the moderator (that's me, obviously) of this game, please do not delete or edit any posts in this thread.

- You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, and then only with whom I have allowed you to do so and at your specified time. This is a modkillable offense.

- Discussing an ongoing game gets you a warning the first time and a MODKILL the second time.

- Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night. This includes your role PM. Violators will be modkilled. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use.

- I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 48 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. If you are prodded, you will have 24 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so may result in replacement. I will only prod the same player twice after that, he or she must post every 48 hours to ensure that he or she remains in the game.

- The fastest and preferred way to get a hold of me is by PM'ing me, but you may also communicate to me in thread if it is day or twilight and you are still alive. To do so, bold "Mod (or ffer/fery/ffery/fferyllt/Ffery Lit/whatever I'll recognize as something resembling my name):" followed by what you want to tell me, as in Mod: Please prod fferyllt or Mod: fferyllt should have seven votes, not three. Please use your judgment call in whether or not what you want to tell me should be public knowledge before talking to me in the thread. In addition, I will not entertain questions regarding possible night actions, nor will I answer questions about a person's role unless you happen to be the person in question and you ask me privately.

- If you do not pick up your Role PM within 24 hours, expect to be replaced.

- I am not God (or a Lawyer). If I make any mistakes whatsoever, please let me know.

- All rules are subject to change. If something changes I will make a post in the game thread as well as update this post.

- All lynches and actions are considered to be done instantaneously. Obviously I can't be on all the time, so they will be posted as soon as possible. Things will be done in the order that I receive them by PM or in the case of lynches when majority is reached/deadline days is up.

- Deadline is 72 hours (3 days) for Night, always; Deadline for Day 1 is 3 weeks and for subsequent Days is 2 weeks.

- If anyone gets modkilled, they will turn into a Neutral Survivor for all purposes and will lose the game. Day will also end.

- Don't advertise your games in my thread until endgame.

- The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason: HAVE FUN! Enjoy! And good luck!
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Setup:

Masons and Monks
2 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
9 Vanilla Townies

This setup has a Daystart.
2 Players that are not Mafia are randomly selected to be Masons. One of the masons may be a Werewolf, but not both.
2 Players that are not Werewolves are randomly selected to be Monks. One of the monks may be Mafia, but not both.
A Player can't be both a Mason and a Monk.
The two masonries and the two scumteams are allowed to talk during pregame and the night phases.

Possible Role PMs:

Welcome to Open 514 - Masons and Monks in Serona, <player name>. You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is <player name>, a
<role name of partner>

Abilities:

[F] You may discuss with your partner pregame and during the night phases in the secret hideout located here: <QT link>
[F] You and your partner share a factional Night Kill. Each night one of you or your partner may perform a Night Kill. You can submit your NK either by PM or < b > bolding < /b > it in your factional QuickTopic.

Win Condition:

[Mafia]
You win when the other scumteam is eliminated and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Mafia Monk

<role name of partner>

Abilities:

[F] You may discuss with your partner pregame and during the night phases in the secret hideout located here: <QT link>
[F] You and your partner share a factional Night Kill. Each night one of you or your partner may perform a Night Kill. You can submit your NK either by PM or < b > bolding < /b > it in your factional QuickTopic.
[P] You may discuss with your fellow Monk <player name> pregame and during the night phases. You know for sure that he is not a Werewolf. The Monastery is found here: <QT link>

Win Condition:

[Mafia]
You win when the other scumteam is eliminated and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Werewolf

<role name of partner>

Abilities:

[F] You may discuss with your partner pregame and during the night phases in the secret cave located here: <QT link>

Win Condition:

[Werwolves]
Werewolf Mason

<role name of partner>

Abilities:

[F] You may discuss with your partner pregame and during the night phases in the secret cave located here: <QT link>
[P] You may discuss with your fellow Mason <player name> pregame and during the night phases. You know for sure that he is not Mafia. The Mansion is found here: <QT link>

Win Condition:

[Werewolves]
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

You have no special abilities.

Win Condition:

[Town]
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Mason

Abilities:

[P] You may discuss with your fellow Mason <player name> pregame and during the night phases. You know for sure that he is not Mafia. The Mansion is found here: <QT link>

Win Condition:

[Town]
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Monk

Abilities:

[P] You may discuss with your fellow Monk <player name> pregame and during the night phases. You know for sure that he is not a Werewolf. The Monastery is found here: <QT link>

Win Condition:

[Town]

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Roles are going out shortly. Game will begin with 11/13 confirmed.

All roles are out. Confirm via PM, please The thread will be opened once the requisite 11 have confirmed.

11 have confirmed! Day 1 will start momentarily.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

Day 1 begins now!

Deadline August 10, 11:59 PM US Eastern Time (GMT-4)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Not voting: Malakittens, Syryana, Scott Brosius, NoctanNights, Bert, Saki, RachMarie, notscience, Sakura Hana, MeowMix, 50 Shades of Purple, Honey Bee, Marquis

Nightfall is in (expired on 2013-08-10 20:59:00)

Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:03 am

Post by notscience »

VOTE: Meowmix

I claim doctor
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Saki »

VOTE: notscience
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: 50 shades of purple

Hiiiiiiiii Mollieeeeeeee and Nachooooooo.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 am

Post by NoctanNights »

Nice to meet everyone. First game on this site, but I've played before.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Saki »

In post 8, NoctanNights wrote:Nice to meet everyone. First game on this site, but I've played before.
lynch notscience and you win
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:34 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 9, Saki wrote:
In post 8, NoctanNights wrote:Nice to meet everyone. First game on this site, but I've played before.
lynch notscience and you win

Okay, as this is my first game on this site, I have no idea how to do the bbcode thing to vote.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

VOTE: Mala
Revenge time!

for voting

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]

or

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 am

Post by NoctanNights »

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

VOTE:
notscience
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 11, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: Mala
Revenge time!

for voting

[vote]Player[/vote]

or

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
Hey.

Hey.

I didn't do anything. We both were paranoid and I hate long lylos. :(
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:40 am

Post by notscience »

Hmm, this wagon looks promising

NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 am

Post by NoctanNights »

Okay, I've got my signature on. Now I mean business.
I'm an ethereal shadow demon who sucks the souls out of mortals. I am your worst nightmare......

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Saki »

In post 14, notscience wrote:Hmm, this wagon looks promising

ikr?
vote, vote! :)
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:48 am

Post by notscience »

Mala you have a creeper :/
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Saki »

mhmm cats.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Marquis »

so he must be okay with it right
also hi meow you sux
link in bio
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 13, Malakittens wrote:Hey.

Hey.

Haha! i know that, i'm just kidding around so we can loosen up and be calm during the game
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Saki »

In post 20, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 13, Malakittens wrote:Hey.

Hey.

Haha! i know that, i'm just kidding around so we can loosen up and be calm during the game
liar
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh my, someone's tense already? that's quite interesting
VOTE: Saki
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Saki »

In post 22, Sakura Hana wrote:Oh my, someone's tense already? that's quite interesting
yer wasting yer vote
throw it down on notscience
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 23, Saki wrote:
In post 22, Sakura Hana wrote:Oh my, someone's tense already? that's quite interesting
yer wasting yer vote
throw it down on notscience
why notscience?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”