NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by NotThePope »

In post 98, levio wrote:OK since everyone is giving town reads on absta im gonna have to sthu...
You think he's scum? If so, state your case. That last bit screams scum appeasement. "Oh people think this guy I say I think is scum is town so I best just sheep them and avoid trouble!"

ns here
levio
levio
Townie
levio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by levio »

well NotThePope its kinda pointless to keep posting "this guy is scum" while i don't think i have enough influence to bandwagon him. My case is based mostly on his pick on you, and i found kinda funny the "I would expect town-you to vote him here (at least for pressure)" looks like he wanted to get you to L-1, it didnt looked like scumhunting at all
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

No, if you think someone is scum you keep on saying it all game. Unless someone provides a good argument as to why that person isn't scum you should still call him scum. I was in a recent game where I called someone scum basically all game, it wasn't until lylo that that person was lynched and flipped scum. If I had listened to all the other townreads ppl had on that player we would have lost the game.

trust your scumhunting ... if you are town. However I don't think that is the case here.

vote:levio

someone is way to concerned with trying to go with the flow.

also, I was satisfied with bub's response, I don't have a scumread on him at the moment.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 89, NotThePope wrote:
In post 79, Om of the Nom wrote:so NTP is scum
he's been way too quick to jump on things during RVS
Jumping on things when they're done is a great way to find info, rather than let them fester and slip through.

the hydra dissonance looks faked, it's like they aren't even communicating together at all and instead they're blaming each other for their shortcomings.
Lmfao, the game just started and it's a new hydra acc. We're communicating just fine.

he's excusing his wagon jumping for "sparking discussion", which just looks like a throwaway excuse made up right before he posted it. also he's taking credit for 'getting us out of rvs' where no credit is due.
Then who gets credit for that?

also him calling RC out for 'OMGUS' just looks really shitty, especially when he's not really explained why it was a bad thing.

after RVS he overplayed his neutral attitude to the wagon being on him, looks faked
Oh, I'm bugged by the wagon on me, but you basically spent this entire post saying how any and everything we do is faked. Good to know. Nice OMGUS there, but you're going to ask why it's scummy! Oh, it's in fact scummy because you're attempting to discredit someone who is voting your slot for an opportunistic vote.

VOTE: NTP
~ns~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Sure that's fine but not when paired with some vote hops. There was no conviction in anything, and it just looked like you were trying to find something you could stick with.
I really doubt that.
Nobody should get credit for it, we all came out of RVS together, anybody trying to claim they did it solo is just fishing for towncred.
OMGUS is a pretty shit scumtell and posting that link does nothing to further your agenda.
So I'm OMGUSing you because you voted my slot's previous owner and I think you're scum? I hope you realise I'm a separate entity to him. Yeah, sure, we share the same alignment. But we have entirely different thinking patterns and reasons for voting. I'd rather you listen to me only, because I have experience.

I'd like to know why my vote on you is scummy if you get rid of the fact that I'm a replacement. I did not take King's actions into account (I haven't even really read any of his posts tbh) before making my posts, so I don't see why you should do that with your arguments either.
DCLXVI wrote:trust your scumhunting ... if you are town. However I don't think that is the case here.

nope, levio is newbtown. the way he said it looked like he didn't think people would listen to him, which still shows genuine interest in finding scum, only he's being self-defeating when it comes to getting them lynched. Scum (especially newbscum), would just be going with the flow and not really making an effort to stand out or try to go against the grain and wouldn't really make it known either.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: DCLXVI

Talks to levio like he's town then votes him.

Also, Om's interpretation is the obvious one to me, and DCLXVI's case sucks dick.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by Kid A »

i disagree with the people above me levio just told us they were voting the largest wagon over their scumread because ntp hasnt omgused absta

imo this is an attempt to look town because levio expects ntp to flip town and they dont want to look like they pushed a mislynch

VOTE: levio
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 106, Kid A wrote:i disagree with the people above me levio just told us they were voting the largest wagon over their scumread because ntp hasnt omgused absta

imo this is an attempt to look town because levio expects ntp to flip town and they dont want to look like they pushed a mislynch

VOTE: levio
If you actually read his post levio says that he thinks absta is scum because of his pushes on NTP and that more specifically, it doesn't look like absta is scum hunting.
But regardless that's terrible logic anyway because the largest wagon right now is NTP and if levio doesn't want to look like he pushed a mislynch and he's voting someone he expects to flip town he wouldn't be on the wagon in the first place.
I'd like to know what your read on levio would be if there was a NTP scumflip though, because you're basing the read on NTP flipping town.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by Kid A »

yeah but if we assume levio is scum being on the wagon is still beneficial to mafia and i really cant see any town motivation for voting the person who isnt your scumread

if ntp flipped mafia i would still be worried about levio voting mafia even though they think absta is the mafia, it would give me the impression that levio has more information than us
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

levio being newbtown means she's more likely to be untrusting of her own judgement, therefore she's more likely to follow others instead of her own reads.

Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 98, levio wrote:OK since everyone is giving town reads on absta im gonna have to sthu...
i don't see it either tbh. hasn't posted enough, hasn't answered me wondering if he understood my rvs fos
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 103, DCLXVI wrote:No, if you think someone is scum you keep on saying it all game. Unless someone provides a good argument as to why that person isn't scum you should still call him scum. I was in a recent game where I called someone scum basically all game, it wasn't until lylo that that person was lynched and flipped scum. If I had listened to all the other townreads ppl had on that player we would have lost the game.

trust your scumhunting ... if you are town. However I don't think that is the case here.

also, I was satisfied with bub's response, I don't have a scumread on him at the moment.
major red flags with this post, will type more tomorrow
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by Smudger »

ok, prolonged absence exasperated by the downtime, and have just caught up. NTP is a Hydra, this is the first time I have been playing with such a "beast", strangely I get varying reads dependent on which one is typing.

as for there discussions, In theory I would agree that a newbtown may be cautious as they are untrusting of their own judgment, but surely so would a newbscum? in fact more cautious, and as that person would know who town were, and therefore would agreeing with a player they knew to be scum them gain town credits?

In post 108, Kid A wrote:i would still be worried about levio voting mafia even though they think absta is the mafia,

where does this happen?

here?

as I don't see it, or am I missing something?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by Smudger »

^sorry bad spelling there^
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 am

Post by absta101 »

Smudger and DCL scum reads.

DCL because of her bs interpretation of levio. Levio is town, I got that feeling when she first voted me. This new post she made screams newbtown just like Om said.

Smudger is just laying low posting shit like "in theory I would..." to distance himself from his views. Also, the IIoA and "I'm still catching up but.../this game is going to fast for me.." Looks scummy in my eyes. Just newb scum who don't know how to make up reads and whatnot.

Om became a town read for having the same views as me on levio in response to what DCL said.

Levio is a town read.

VOTE: DCL
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 am

Post by absta101 »

That was a phone post so excuse any spelling/gramatical erorrs I made.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:19 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 114, absta101 wrote:DCL because of her bs interpretation of levio. Levio is town, I got that feeling when she first voted me. This new post she made screams newbtown just like Om said.

Om became a town read for having the same views as me on levio in response to what DCL said.
Right direction, but wrong ideas. DCL shouldn't be scum because he interpreted a post differently to you. I shouldn't be town because I interpreted it the same way. However I'm not opposed to the idea of DCL being scum, but really right now I'm just getting bad gut reads, nothing solid.

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:45 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 112, Smudger wrote:ok, prolonged absence exasperated by the downtime, and have just caught up. NTP is a Hydra, this is the first time I have been playing with such a "beast", strangely I get varying reads dependent on which one is typing.

as for there discussions, In theory I would agree that a newbtown may be cautious as they are untrusting of their own judgment, but surely so would a newbscum? in fact more cautious, and as that person would know who town were, and therefore would agreeing with a player they knew to be scum them gain town credits?

In post 108, Kid A wrote:i would still be worried about levio voting mafia even though they think absta is the mafia,

where does this happen?

here?

as I don't see it, or am I missing something?
This post is full of wishy-washy non committal fake scumhunting that scum love to employ.

unvote; vote: Smudger

Cowbells, don't get too comfy, because I've still got my eye on you.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 114, absta101 wrote:Smudger is just laying low posting shit like "in theory I would..." to distance himself from his views.
please explain how someone distances themselves from their views, if those views are currently open and still being formed? The idea is to look at an argument from both angles is it not, and to then form an opinion based on those findings?

as for laying low, how am I laying low, I live in Dubai, which is a Muslim country,the weekend here is Friday/Saturday, and my time zone is +4 GMT. So my activity is low during my weekend, but then you would not know that. But what is irksome is your failure to appreciate that because of the DNS attack yesterday on the site getting into the forums was for me impossible, when all things are considered.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Smudger »

Bub, you need to define wishy - washy to me as looking at your contributions you have not said much at all. you have posted 6 times, which includes your vote during RVS and changing your vote to me. OTher than that you really have made no effort to contribute to the game other than a few throw away lines. In fact the biggest post you make is the one above and that is primarily because you quote my post then vote me and add the "wishy washy statement".

lets look at your posts shall we, with the exception of :
In post 20, Bub Bidderskins wrote:I'm attacking them for making a silly FOS, not because it was on you.
In post 51, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 39, RadiantCowbells wrote:Let's get this day moving.

VOTE: NotThePope
And how exactly does this vote get the day moving along? Yes, bandwagons can move the day along, but not just because they exist. You simply jumped onto the bandwagon and did nothing to actually get the game moving. Furthermore, the whole bandwagon on notthepope is stupid because he's most likely town.
In post 59, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 52, absta101 wrote:
@Bud
Furthermore, the whole bandwagon on notthepope is stupid because he's most likely town.
What makes you say that?
He's trying to get discussion moving and is scumhunting. By far the towniest player in the game right now.
In post 60, Bub Bidderskins wrote:As for the FoS, I was being half-serious. Every game I'm in I try to get out of RVS as soon as possible by nitpicking at some tiny thing and making a seemingly serious vote.

No, I do not find that FoS to be an alignment tell in any way. I just wanted to get the game moving.
In post 12, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 6, Alabaska J wrote:VOTE: TMTOLBTWNTOF way too many caps man.

on that note,
FoS: DCLXVI
Vote: Alabaska J

The FoS is completely unsubstantiated and useless.
then laughably you warn cowbells you have your eye on him, WOW sterling work sherlock...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Generic »

Ok, tough from my phone but will give a few thoughts on people so far.

Om nom person and kid A have been my strongest town reads so far. Om cleared bub in such a closed way it set the alarm off, but how overall read is far too experienced to be so blatant in either white knighting or defending a teammate. He is just the right kind of paranoid I like, in the faces of everyone but not pushing anyone into a corner.
Kid A seems to be probing with good questions, and playing devils advocate early. I like that he will question the experienced players to cover angles that might have been missed, so a good feeling from him too.

Biggest scum reads so far are for smudger and NTP. I might be being unfair to NTP but I really am hating this idea that two people can play as a single role in mafia. The posts from them so far have been a little too erratic and I have reasons to concern myself early.
Smudger does appear to be playing it almost textbook if a mafia wanted to hide in plain site. Appearing to contribute but when you break it down the content just isn't there and feels very non committal.

I will attempt to do a full write up on everybody, but these are the guys who stood out as strong opinions one way or another. The rest have been a little more in the grey.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 am

Post by N »

Just pretend this is at the top of the next page.

Vote Count 1.04
yessiree
( 0 )
Generic
( 0 )
levio
( 2 ) DCLXVI , Kid A
Kid A
( 0 )
DCLXVI
( 2 ) RadiantCowbells , absta101
Bub Bidderskins
( 1 ) Alabaska J
Alabaska J
( 0 )
NotThePope
( 2 ) levio , Om of the Nom
TMTOLBTWNTOF
( 0 )
Smudger
( 1 ) Bub Bidderskins
RadiantCowbells
( 1 ) TMTOLBTWNTOF
absta101
( 0 )
Om of the Nom
( 2 ) NotThePope , yessiree

Not voting:
Generic , Smudger

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is now in
(expired on 2013-07-08 09:36:53)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:59 am

Post by yessiree »

townread on Om of the Nom for the efforts put in to scum hunt

[/unvote][/unvote]

VOTE: DCLXVI

In his post 103 for voting levio because levio is "concerned with going with the flow", when levio is just bad. Hence the reason to vote him looks stretched.
NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:20 am

Post by NotThePope »

3 things I want to comment on here

1) Echoing everyone else, DCL with his opportunistic vote is scummy.

2)Om, I'm not about to read your slot as "just what you've posted" I don't care if you're two seperate entities or not, you have the same role and alignment so EVERYTHING the slot says should be taken into account for, and I find it scummy you ask me not to read what be did when trying to find your alignment, as well as the fact you "haven't read" what he posted. If you were catching up, wouldnt town want all the context available even about their own slotT?

3) General has us on his scumlynch for PL reasons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ns~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

wow. so a lot of people have picked up basically on what i thought about DCL's post; i don't know how you can get a read strong enough to deduce anything from levio's comment let alone to vote him there. i also feel as though a few people are jumping on the recent Smudger thing pretty hard *coughbubcough*; almost looks like scum trying to jump off a wagon on one of their buddies at just the right time, if you know what i mean. i also don't like yessiree's 122, as he basically piggybacks smudger's points completely.

don't know what to make of absta's abrupt switch there. still hasn't responded to my question and just seems to pop in and immediately direct votes elsewhere. absta, did you realize my initial FoS was a joke? why the immediate jump off of me after you posted so urgently to get more votes on me around page 3?

summary:
FoS: DCL, yessiree
, absta answer me questions matey
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”