Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 8:41 am

Post by Adele »

Erm... I think you're lynched, Stevie. Coron, Fuldu, Thok and I are all voting for you, and it's 4 to lynch, so you're dead.
So... were you evil? May as well 'fess up now.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2006 3:10 am

Post by Aelyn »

The Author, in a caption, wrote:Thok - 1 (Nemesis)
StevieT92 - 4 (Coron, Adele, Thok, Fuldu)
As the votes pile up on Stevie, he starts looking shiftily from side to side.

"You can't lynch me! I'm good friends with the king of Sweden! I once controlled France! SATAN IS DATING MY BEST FRIEND!"

At that, Fuldu stands up. "This is ridiculous. No-one can possibly be that powerful and well-connected. You deserve to die - it's obvious you're lying."

With that, he politely asks the Author for a method to kill someone.

The Author replies simply by erasing Stevie's body.

You look down at his head, and see
Casey
from Casey and Andy. You all groan in annoyance, remembering that Casey was a pretty decent guy, mostly.

Then someone notices the black mask under his head.

StevieT92, Dr X
, Scum Mastermind, Casey and Andy has been erased.

It is now
Night.
Choices ASAP please!
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2006 5:28 am

Post by Aelyn »

TSAGod has been replaced by Machiavellian-Mafia, effective immediately.

I will re-open the thread in 72 hours, to allow him to catch up, read his role and, if appropriate, submit a nightchoice.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 1:36 am

Post by Aelyn »

As day breaks (well, as the Author wakes), you quickly bound to your feet, eager to find the scum.

You quickly come across a short man in a long, blue robe and tall, pointy straw hat talkting to a tall man with a tiny goatee.

"Are you sure you want this?" asks the short, ugly man, seemingly quite nervous.

"I'm sure. I don't want my death to be at the hands of those ruffians." says the tall, blond man.

The short, ugly, smelly man nods, dutifully, and draws his dagger as the tall, blond, attractive man draws his rapier. Slowly, the taller of the duo draws his rapier across his throat, while the shorter stabs him rather viciously in the guts.

Machiavellian Mafia, otherwise known as
Nale
, falls to the floor dead. Thok, also known as
Black Mage
stands somberly over him for a moment, before sheathing his dagger with the words "I guess it's just up to me now..."

He looks around, seeing the faces of his enemies all around him. He quickly starts to gather energy in his hands...

A blue flash blinds you all for a few seconds, a few horrible seconds while you wonder who's been the victim of the terrible Hadoken attack.

As your eyes clear, you see Thok's body, lying on the floor in front of you. His hat (and head, for that matter) are nowhere to be seen.

Fuldu grins apologetically at you, his eyes fading from their laserbeam-blue glow.

"I thought it best to get him before he got us."

And with that, the well-known Caption pops up.
The Author, in a caption, wrote:Well done, guys. You've defeated the scum of the webcomic world, and as soon as you're all ready, I'll transport you back home.
You agree to sit and chat for a few minutes first, mourn the loss of your fallen friends, and celebrate the destruction of the most evil souls in webcomics.

Machiavellian-Mafia, Nale, Scum Evil Twin, Order of the Stick
comitted suicide Night Five.
Thok, Black Mage, Scum Psycopath, 8-bit Theater
got lasered to death Night Five.

Town Wins!

Full Winners:

Nemesis (Marten, Townie Cop, Questionable Content)
Adele (Satan, Townie Doc, Casey and Andy)
Fuldu (Dave, Townie Vigilante, College Roomies from Hell)
Pie_is_Good (Rumisiel, Townie Roleblocker, Misfile )

Major Winners:

Machiavellian-Mafia / TSAGod (Nale, Scum Evil Twin, Order of the Stick)
Thok (Black Mage, Scum Psycopath, 8-bit Theater)
VitaminR (Fighter, Townie Townie, 8-Bit Theater)

Minor Winners:

Coron / Tyfo (Winter, Townie Jester, Girly)
Akonas (Miko Miyazaki, Townie Sourpuss, Order of the Stick)
Diedraphoenix (Jodie, Townie Slut, Loserz)

Losers:

Bertrand (Gabe, Neutral Prankster, Penny Arcade)
StevieT92 (Doctor X, Scum Mastermind, Casey and Andy)

Game design to follow.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 1:43 am

Post by Aelyn »

SETUP:

Scum roles:

Doctor X
, Scum Mastermind, Casey and Andy

You are Doctor X, the megalomaniacal evil genius supervillain form of Casey from Casey and Andy. You've gathered two of your comrades, Nale (XXX) and Black Mage (XXX) to join you in taking over webcomics. What's more, you have an inherent ability to somehow come back from the dead if ever you should die - you can't die at night.

Each night, you may send me the name of one player to kill and the name of the mafia member to perform the kill.

Confirm by PM, along with your first night choice and any questions you may have.

Minor victory condition: Survive to the endgame.
Major victory condition: Have the Webcomic Mafia win.

*Note: Immune to nightkills, obv.*

Nale
, Scum Evil Twin, Order of the Stick

You are Nale, the evil twin of Elan from the Order of the Stick. You hate all these goody two-shoes that seem to populate webcomics, and have teamed up with Doctor X (XXX) and Black Mage (XXX) to take 'em down. You're pretty sure your brother isn't around, so you can safely claim to be Elan if you so choose.

Doctor X sends in the nightkills. Should he die, this burden shall fall to you.

Confirm by PM, along with any questions you may have.

Minor victory condition: Have the Webcomic Mafia win.
Major victory condition: Don't get lynched.

*Note: Appears innocent to investigations.*

Black Mage
, Scum Psycopath, 8-bit Theater

You are Black Mage, probably the most powerful evil wizard in 8-Bit Theater, who's somehow managed to get caught up in SAVING the world as a light warrior. Your rage at this can barely contain itself, especially since your self-proclaimed "best friend" Fighter is at fault. You've decided to team up with Doctor X (XXX) and Nale (XXX) for the time being, to kill everyone else in webcomics.

Minor victory condition: Have the Webcomic Mafia win.
Major victory condition: Personally kill Fighter, whether by placing the lynching vote or by actually killing him at night. Note that in this case, you have to perform the kill to acheive the major victory.

*Note: Should Black Mage succeed, the fact that Black Mage killed Fighter will be made apparent with a Hadoken! death scene.*

Neutral role:

Gabe
, Neutral Prankster, Penny Arcade

You are Gabe, the violent yet somewhat childlike webcomic drawer from Penny Arcade. Who cares about good or evil? What you've realised, and what no-one else seems to appreciate, is that enjoying life is more important than doing good things. And what you enjoy is sowing dischord. As such, your primary aim is to make things fun, and to an extent make sure the balance in the world will remain so you can carry on making things fun without boring people making it dull or evil people killing you. You also have cardboard-tube-samurai abilities, which will protect you the first time you would die for any reason and also give you the ability to kill someone, once during the game, at night.

Confirm by PM, along with your first night choice and any questions you may have.

Minor victory condition: Have a three-person endgame.
Major victory condition: Be the last man standing.

*Note: Once one of his abilities has been used, the other becomes unlimited. He is not aware of this.*

Town roles:

Winter
, Townie Jester, Girly

You are Winter, the adventure-loving lesbian from Girly. You only care about two things in life - Otra, your partner, and having adventures! And isn't this an adventure: some bad people from other webcomics are trying to take over!

You're completely unkillable, thanks to bizarre and unpredictable scenarios saving you at unrealistic times, but you don't care. You want to experience everything there is in life - even things like getting killed in various manners.

Minor victory condition: Have the town win.
Major victory condition: Have the town attempt to lynch you and anyone attempt to nightkill you. Once this has happened, you'll retire home to Otra indefinitely.

Marten
, Townie Cop, Questionable Content

You are Marten Reed, the introverted indie from Questionable Content. You don't think you have any special powers, but you don't like the idea of bad webcomic characters taking over and so have fired up Pintsize and commanded him to look up various webcomics.

Each night you may tell Pintsize to check up any one character's attitude. You do this by PMing me their name. I will PM you back telling you what Pintsize thinks of them - in other words, whether they are basically pro-town or not.

Major victory condition: Find two non-town people via Pintsize.

Satan
, Townie Doc, Casey and Andy

You are Satan, the sexy, feminine personification of all evil in Casey and Andy. Actually, that's a little unfair - you're actually quite nice, when people get to know you, and you're not above pulling a few strings to help friends out. Each night, you can watch over someone, and if they die, you'll grab their soul before it can go and force it back into their body, thus saving their life. You don't have to, though - you can instead spend the night in Hell, in perfet safety. If you do that, you won't be able to be killed that night.

Major victory condition: Survive to the endgame.

Dave
, Townie Vigilante, College Roomies from Hell

You are Dave, the ultimate nice guy from College Roomies from Hell, who happens to have the ability to shoot lasers out of your eyes. You have a fierce sense of right and wrong, and know that you can't suffer these evil people trying to take over webcomics. However, even more important than that to you is not harming innocent people... Each night, you can PM me someone's name, and laser their head off. This, unsurprisingly, kills them.

Major victory condition: Nightkill at least one non-town player without nightkilling a single pro-town player.

Miko Miyazaki
, Townie Sourpuss, Order of the Stick

You are Miko Miyazaki, the paladin personification of Lawful Stupid in the Order of the Stick. As well as being a stickler for justice, you have an almost non-existent sense of humour and hate Chaotic beings. Thus you have a particular dislike for the two relatively Chaotic members of the town, namely Winter from Girly and Gabe from Penny Arcade. You have no night actions.

Major victory condition: Have Winter and Gabe not present in the endgame.

Fighter
, Townie Townie, 8-Bit Theater

You're Fighter, the fighterest fighter in 8-Bit Theater. You want to help people, which is why you're a light warrior, and so is your bestest friend Black Mage. He's such a nice guy, you can't imagine what life would be like without him. If Black Mage gets lynched, and you're part of that lynch, you'll be so overcome with grief that you killed your bestest friend that you'll commit suicide.

Minor victory condition: Survive to the endgame.
Major victory condition: Have the town win.

Rumisiel
, Townie Roleblocker, Misfile

You're Rumisiel, the less-than-angelic angel from Misfile. You feel so overcome with guilt from ruining Ash and Emily's lives that you feel you have to redeem yourself by helping the town get rid of the evil people trying to take over the webcomics. Thankfully, you do have a slight advantage in how to do this - you can use your angelic powers to stop someone from doing something at night. You are, however, a tad overeager.

Major victory condition: Successfully block two people over the course of the game.

Jodie
, Townie Slut, Loserz

You're Jodie, the slutty yet somewhat nerdish bisexual teen girl in Loserz. Despite your... outgoing exterior, you're actually quite afraid that you might not fit in, and you want to prove yourself. Of course, your method for doing this is a tad misguided, and you've found yourself thought of as all body, no brains and, worst of all, your heart is all but ignored. You want to show your friends that you're actually smart and a good person, and you figure the best way to do this is to provide a voice of reason and balance.

Major victory condition: Participate in at least one lynch of a scum without participating in the lynch of a townie.

Example role PM for the town:

Mega Man
, Townie Absorbing Vig, Bob and George

You are Mega Man, the remarkably stupid droid from Bob and George. You may not be the brightest bulb in the box, being programmed to be stupid and all, but your heart is in the right place. Plus you have an awesome gun. You know that you have to rid the webcomics of the evil people trying to take it over, and you figure your special power to absorb abilities of things you kill could be helpful. Plus it gives you a great opportunity to better yourself! Each night, you can use any one of your night actions - initially, you only have the ability to kill, but whenever you kill anyone you gain any night abilities they may have. Note you can only use one ability each night.

Major victory condition: Absorb at least two abilities.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 1:46 am

Post by Aelyn »

Night choices and results

Adele - Satan
Akonas - Miko
Bertrand - Gabe
Coron, replacing Tyfo - Winter
Diedraphoenix - Jodie
Fuldu - Dave
Nemesis - Marten
Pie_is_Good - Rumisiel
StevieT92 - Dr X
Thok - Black Mage
Machiavellian-Mafia, replacing TSAGod - Nale
VitaminR - Fighter

Night One

Mafia - Thok kills Fuldu
Gabe - *None*
Marten - Fuldu
Satan - Adele (self)
Dave - *none*
Rumisiel - Thok

Results:
Marten gets an Innocent result.
No deaths.
No protection shields lost.

Day One
Akonas dies.

Night Two

Mafia - Thok kills Diedraphoenix
Gabe - *None*
Marten - Bertrand
Satan - Adele (self)
Dave - *none*
Rumisiel - Thok

Results:
Marten gets an indeterminate result.
No deaths.

Day Two
Bertrand loses protection but gains unlimited nightkills.

Night Three

Mafia - StevieT92 kills Diedraphoenix
Gabe - Fuldu
Marten - Adele
Satan - Adele
Dave - Bertrand
Rumisiel - Bertrand

Results:
Marten gets Innocent result.
Bertrand dies.
Diedraphoenix dies.

Day Three
VitaminR dies.

Night Four

Mafia - TSAGod kills Pie is Good
Marten - Coron
Satan - Adele
Dave - *None*
Rumisiel - StevieT92

Results:
Marten gets Innocent result.
Pie_is_Good dies.
No prottection shields lost.

Day Four

StevieT92 dies.

Night Five

Mafia - Machiavellian-Mafia kills self
Marten - Machiavellian-Mafia
Satan - Adele
Dave - Thok

Results:

Game ends.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Interesting. At the beginning, I predicted that the most likely scum pair would be Satan (Casey and Andy) with Satan (CRFH) and possibly Lucifer (Misfile).

I could have understood Satan (C&A) as a cop (each night you may check the Book of Iniquity for one person); how did you justify her as a doc?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 2:20 am

Post by Aelyn »

ralphmerridew wrote:Interesting. At the beginning, I predicted that the most likely scum pair would be Satan (Casey and Andy) with Satan (CRFH) and possibly Lucifer (Misfile).

I could have understood Satan (C&A) as a cop (each night you may check the Book of Iniquity for one person); how did you justify her as a doc?
Aelyn, in Satan's role PM wrote:You are Satan, the sexy, feminine personification of all evil in Casey and Andy. Actually, that's a little unfair - you're actually quite nice, when people get to know you, and you're not above pulling a few strings to help friends out.
Each night, you can watch over someone, and if they die, you'll grab their soul before it can go and force it back into their body, thus saving their life.
You don't have to, though - you can instead spend the night in Hell, in perfet safety. If you do that, you won't be able to be killed that night.
:P
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 2:33 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Note the post times. I hadn't reloaded in the six minutes between the posts.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 4:08 am

Post by Thok »

Curious. With Coron having multiple kill immunities and Adele potentially being night immune scum was much further from winning then I thought.

Town seems a touch over powered, but given that the scum can sacrifice their minor victory condition for major victory (which two of us did) that's not so bad.

Oh yeah I lied about being an SK. Duh. Frankly town was asking me to do that; when you have a cop who detects flavor, you use that to verify roles. Fuldu at the very least could have come out yesterday, be completely and totally confirmed as Dave and as the vig, and end my shenanigans. (I can understand Adele not wanting to claim, but she's the only person with a legitimate excuse.)

Good job blocking me Pie; your mistake was letting me stall and fake my way out of it. If you had just said directly "I am a roleblocker and I've role blocked Thok Night 1 and 2, Lynch him" I couldn't have done anything about it. Then I proceeded to get extremely lucky.

I also think Nemesis did a good job handling the cop role.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 4:33 am

Post by Aelyn »

Thok wrote:Town seems a touch over powered, but given that the scum can sacrifice their minor victory condition for major victory (which two of us did) that's not so bad.
Plus a number of the pro-town roles were designed to prompt "bad play" - for example, the doc never once protected the claimed cop. If you'd decided to take a chance there, the game would have gone very differently, I think.

But yeah, Pie hitting you twice early was not good for you.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 4:43 am

Post by Thok »

I think I suggested trying to kill Nemesis to Stevie Night 3, on the theory that it was likely the only winning line. If Stevie ever talked to his fellow scum players, I might even have been able to convince him of this. Also, if MM hadn't killed himself, we'd have killed Nemesis tonight.

(Did I mention that I absolutely hate having an Alpha, Beta, Gamma style mafia order, simply because it means that the choice of who is Alpha strongly affects the course of the game? But this isn't the place for that discussion.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 7:20 am

Post by Nemesis »

Awesome game. Having a major and minor victory condiction was a great idea.

Well played everyone.

I only now realize now how lucky I was with the investigations and not being nightkilled.
I also think Nemesis did a good job handling the cop role.
Thank you.

You did pretty well too considering you had to give yourself away due to your major and you were roleblocked like you were.

But again, well played everyone.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 11:36 am

Post by Fuldu »

Thok wrote:Fuldu at the very least could have come out yesterday, be completely and totally confirmed as Dave and as the vig, and end my shenanigans. (I can understand Adele not wanting to claim, but she's the only person with a legitimate excuse.)
I didn't want to come out because I figured that would put the doc in a position of having to decide whether to protect the vig or the cop. If scum didn't know that
I
was the one performing the kills, then I was better protected. The other concern was that admitting that I was a killing party (even one who had only killed scum) wasn't exactly going to leave me "totally confirmed".

Besides, I was the one pushing to have you lynched and intended to kill Stevie at night, not that that would have worked. And since I knew I could kill you at night if we didn't lynch you and wasn't going to target anyone other than you or Stevie, there wasn't really any value to my coming out. We'd lynch one and I'd try to kill the other no matter what I said, so revealing my identity wasn't really worth anything to the town.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Very enjoyable game. Glad to win something.

Day 3 was poor play I think, but that's probably residual bitterness over getting lynched.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by Adele »

It was a good game, a fun game (although it took a little while in getting started). I do think the town was radically overpowered - yes, I self-protected every night, and I stand that, because (a) I'd rather see you all die and lose my minor than my major :P and (b) a self-protecting townie's probably a stronger role anyway than a doc (I'm slightly disappointed no-one ever tried to kill me).

In fact, I do think this game was unbalanced in the town's favour. Perhaps if there had been an SK (like if Thok
had
been SK) and a mafia godfather, as we suspected earlier, or if the mafia could get a second kill at night if they hit a WC or something... I think with a straight 3 against 9, you need an up-powered mafia and a down-powered town.

btw, does anyone know what Tyfo's "I hate myself" code was about??
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Coron »

You understand given the proper chance I would've sold out town for my major, unforturnately no one nightkilled me.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 8:56 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Perhaps if there had been an SK (like if Thok had been SK) and a mafia godfather,
Bertrand has unlimited nightkills when he died. The scum had someone immune to night kills and someone who was immune to investigations. Is there anything a Godfather can do that one of the scum couldn't?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2006 11:06 pm

Post by Adele »

oh, I didn't notice nale was investigation-gf. Sorry bout that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”