Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by Thok »

VitaminR wrote:Oh I agree with you there, my list of webcomics is just as long (in fact, I have 11 too). But I don't think all of them will necessarily be represented in the roles.
You
only
read 11 webcomics? Heck, I assume there are some webcomics that Aelyn reads that aren't on the game list. For example, I assume Aelyn reads El Goonish Shive (at the very least, given that he's a fan of Abstract Gender and Misfile he should take a look at El Goonish Shive).

Also, given bertrand's unvotes, could we have a vote count?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by bertrand »

Don't worry about my unvotes, I never actually voted anyone.

I remember reading EGS (the entire archive) a couple years back and I don't remember what it's about.

vote no lynch, unvote
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:46 pm

Post by TSAGod »

Fuldu wrote:
TSAGod wrote:I beat Fuldu!

It's a good thing, because
my
third victory condition is not to be the last person to post in a day. Ever.
Yes, because being involved in the all-important "random voting" portion of the day is valuable, nay, vital to the health of the game.
Dude. That sarcasm is worthless. Did you see my third victory condition?

um...yeah.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by Fuldu »

TSAGod wrote:
Fuldu wrote:
TSAGod wrote:I beat Fuldu!

It's a good thing, because
my
third victory condition is not to be the last person to post in a day. Ever.
Yes, because being involved in the all-important "random voting" portion of the day is valuable, nay, vital to the health of the game.
Dude. That sarcasm is worthless. Did you see my third victory condition?

um...yeah.
Oh, it wasn't worthless sarcasm. I guess I should have mentioned that my third victory condition is to convince scummers that there are better ways to start the day than random voting.

In this particular case, for example, it's bertrand's non-random votes, invariably followed by an unvote, that have piqued my interest. Either he's got some sort of trigger, a minor victory condition that I can't even really see the point of, or is trying to fake something. In any event, I'm happy to apply pressure, because if there isn't a point to it, I'd like him to stop.

vote: bertrand
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
dierdraphoenix
dierdraphoenix
Townie
dierdraphoenix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Post by dierdraphoenix »

Thok wrote:
You
only
read 11 webcomics? Heck, I assume there are some webcomics that Aelyn reads that aren't on the game list. For example, I assume Aelyn reads El Goonish Shive (at the very least, given that he's a fan of Abstract Gender and Misfile he should take a look at El Goonish Shive).

Also, given bertrand's unvotes, could we have a vote count?

I only read penny arcade. haha.

and some of the stuff off of teamspecialolympics.com...

anyway, a vote count sounds good to me. :)
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:44 pm

Post by bertrand »

Fuldu wrote:In this particular case, for example, it's bertrand's non-random votes, invariably followed by an unvote, that have piqued my interest. Either he's got some sort of trigger, a minor victory condition that I can't even really see the point of, or is trying to fake something. In any event, I'm happy to apply pressure, because if there isn't a point to it, I'd like him to stop.

vote: bertrand
  • The votes are random
  • The Immediate unvote is to
    • A: Show it's a joke
    • B: Not leawve on a pointless vote
  • Please note that you should not take me seriously at this point of the game.
  • I'll let you know when to take me seriously
  • The list tag rules!
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by Akonas »

I think that early random votes/bandwagons are a great way to get people talking day one. That's the point- so you don't end up with a bunch of people being bored and not knowing what to post.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Oh, sure. I'm all for random voting/bandwagoning.

UNVOTE, RANDOM BANDWAGON VOTE: BERTRAND

We have to get things moving at some point or another.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Tyfo »

Pie_is_good wrote:Oh, sure. I'm all for random voting/bandwagoning.

I don't like the way this is going ...

Vote: Pie_is_good
dierdraphoenix
dierdraphoenix
Townie
dierdraphoenix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:24 am

Post by dierdraphoenix »

okay, I need to learn to NOT read the thread right after waking up. because this:
Pie_is_good wrote:Oh, sure. I'm all for random voting/bandwagoning.

made my brain explode. Haha.

Anyway...Random bandwagon vote? Not too sure I like where that's going...
FOS: Pie
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:58 am

Post by bertrand »

Why the useless bandwagon on me? Random bandwagons are only good for scum.
FoS Pie

He's got enough votes.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:37 am

Post by Aelyn »

The Author creates a little box in front of all of you. You strain to see what caption will be featured…
The Author, in a caption, wrote:
Vote Count:

Nemesis - 2 (Adele, Akonas)
Pie is Good - 2 (Nemesis, Tyfo)
Thok - 1 (Vitamin R)
Diedraphoenix - 1 (Thok)
Bertrand - 3 (StevieT92, Fuldu, Pie is Good)
Fuldu - 1 (Diedraphoenix)

Not voting:
Bertrand, TSAGod
If there is any error here, feel free to let me know!
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by TSAGod »

vote Tyfo

Random bandwagoning is the only way to get a game started, unless there's some sort of stupid scum. Seeing how people will act is the entire point, so why vote over it.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

FOS: everyone who flipped out over my bandwagon vote.

All I was doing was randomvoting for someone, just like the rest of you. I just "random"voted for someone who already had a few votes.

You random vote people because you say that it's good for getting the game moving. Then I - the horror - use it to get the game moving!

Given that bertrand was among the flippers, vote stays.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Adele »

Pie_is_Good wrote:FOS: everyone who flipped out over my bandwagon vote.
Yeah, I don't think it's any big deal. Adding to it would be a bit much (so I won't), but the third vote in a seven-to-lynch day is really nothing to freak out over. Or OMGUS, or FOS. In fact, if you don't like it, I reckon the best way to kill it stone dead is to roll your eyes and ignore it.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Post by Akonas »

Hmmm.. I think I'll
vote: Pie is Good
to see how he responds, and because, as he said, "I'm all for random voting/bandwagoning."
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:23 pm

Post by bertrand »

Pie_is_good wrote:FOS: everyone who flipped out over my bandwagon vote.

All I was doing was randomvoting for someone, just like the rest of you. I just "random"voted for someone who already had a few votes.

You random vote people because you say that it's good for getting the game moving. Then I - the horror - use it to get the game moving!

vote pie_is_good

Not a satisfying response.

I AM NOT A FLIPPER. I never made a vote in this game where I didn't unvote in THE SAME POST.

Random VOTING is good to get the game going. Random BANDWAGONING is not.

Voting for someone with already a few votes is BANDWAGONING.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by TSAGod »

Good job people on the pie is good bandwagon.

Actually, this is mostly Akonas, because your vote is not random. It is for pie for voting for somebody with votes.

We have yet to get halfway to a lynch. That's not bandwagoning right now.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:25 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

bertrand wrote: Random VOTING is good to get the game going. Random BANDWAGONING is not.
au contraire :)

Are you denying that what I did has failed to get the game moving?

Let's review bert's post:
bertrand wrote:Why the useless bandwagon on me? Random bandwagons are only good for scum. FoS Pie

He's got enough votes.
Ignoring for now the basic scum tell of accusations without votes, I consider this to be among the category of "flipping out." "Oh my god, there's a 3-vote 'useless' bandwagon on me. The guy who bandwagonned is therefore scum, but I refuse to vote him because I don't like lynching scum."

...and if this post isn't flipping out, I don't know
what
your other post was.

Bertrand, what did I say between my randombandwagon post and my next post that turned your FoS to a vote? All I did was FoS the people who flilpped out over my post, then you vote me because I included you in the "flippers," as the term now goes.

Let's ignore a moment who's right and wrong. Just look at it this way: I made a judgement call. Regardless of alignment, I would have judged that one the same way. So, unless disagreeing with you is a scum tell, really there was
no aditional reason to change your FoS to a vote

My Thoughts. Besides, it should be over soon-- the bandwagon is no longer random due to strange actions resulting from a small bandwagon.

-Pie
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:05 am

Post by Nemesis »

Akonas wrote:
Random vote: Nemisis
for ummm...being last.
Um, not exactly random was that? Second vote on me very soon.
And Nemesis, I hereby challene you to a Duel. As a 3rd win condition for each of us, we must be closer to the middle of our respective lists (of alive/dead) at the end of the game than the other person.
Sure, good luck.
Why good job? Why if you like the bandwagon so much are you voting for someone with 0 other votes?

In fact the whole post doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Actually, this is mostly Akonas, because your vote is not random. It is for pie for voting for somebody with votes.
A couple of small things, the first I've mentioned, The second is you praise Akonas for doing exactly what Pie did... The only difference is the momentum is now against Pie when before there was hardly any momentum.

Unvote. Vote TSAGod.
It's so early that a post that that sticks out a lot more than adding a vote that wasn't intended to make a difference, the vote was an early thing to get the discussion going and everyone just overreacted... Now you are in favour of the new bandwagon which you havn't voted on and praise someone for doing the exact same thing someone is being bandwagoned for.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:37 am

Post by Aelyn »

Thok wrote:Heck, I assume there are some webcomics that Aelyn reads that aren't on the game list. For example, I assume Aelyn reads El Goonish Shive
My thanks for the recommendation.

*continues reading archives*
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:34 am

Post by bertrand »

Pie_is_good wrote:
bertrand wrote: Random VOTING is good to get the game going. Random BANDWAGONING is not.
au contraire :)

Are you denying that what I did has failed to get the game moving?
It gets the game going, fine, but it isn't good.
Pie_is_good wrote:
Let's review bert's post:
bertrand wrote:Why the useless bandwagon on me? Random bandwagons are only good for scum. FoS Pie

He's got enough votes.
Ignoring for now the basic scum tell of accusations without votes, I consider this to be among the category of "flipping out." "Oh my god, there's a 3-vote 'useless' bandwagon on me. The guy who bandwagonned is therefore scum, but I refuse to vote him because I don't like lynching scum."
I voted later, I wanted to see your reaction before voting. Then your reaction looked even more scummy, so i did.
Pie_is_good wrote:
...and if this post isn't flipping out, I don't know
what
your other post was.

Bertrand, what did I say between my randombandwagon post and my next post that turned your FoS to a vote? All I did was FoS the people who flilpped out over my post, then you vote me because I included you in the "flippers," as the term now goes.
You made a bad explanation, used CrapLogic, and misrepresented the situation. Need more?
Pie_is_good wrote:
Let's ignore a moment who's right and wrong. Just look at it this way: I made a judgement call. Regardless of alignment, I would have judged that one the same way. So, unless disagreeing with you is a scum tell, really there was
no aditional reason to change your FoS to a vote
There was the craplogic and misrepresentaion of the situation.
Pie_is_good wrote:
My Thoughts. Besides, it should be over soon-- the bandwagon is no longer random due to strange actions resulting from a small bandwagon.
The one on you isn't, anyway.
Pie_is_good wrote:
-Pie
Ahh, the only part of the post that makes sense.

~Bert
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

bertrand wrote: It gets the game going, fine, but it isn't good.
Really? Could you then tell me what random voting does to get the game going in a "good" way? While you're at it, could you give some reasons?
bertrand wrote: I voted later, I wanted to see your reaction before voting. Then your reaction looked even more scummy, so i did.
Let's back up a minute. This was your post in question:
bertrand wrote:Why the useless bandwagon on me? Random bandwagons are only good for scum.
FoS Pie

He's got enough votes.
You said
very
clearly that the FoS was because I "had enough votes." Now you're saying the FoS was because you wanted to see my response. H'm.

Also, you said that my reaction looked even more scummy.
How?
Just calling me scummy will get you nowhere fast with a remotely competent town. You need reasons. Please don't make me ask this again.
bertrand wrote: You made a bad explanation, used CrapLogic, and misrepresented the situation. Need more?
For your viewing pleasure, the post in question is this one:
Pie_is_good wrote:FOS: everyone who flipped out over my bandwagon vote.

From what I can decipher (there's a little guesswork here, as bertrand wasn't terribly clear about specifics), the "bad explanation" was that part about randomvoting for someone, just like the rest of you (I say that because it's the only part where I really explained anything). Now, I'm not sure what's "bad" about that, but I can say with a certain degree of confidence that everything in there is true. It seems relatively factual.

I'll also guess that the CrapLogic was the part about using the randomvote to get the game going. So, let's look at it logically: I made two statements that implied a third.
Statement 1
:
You random vote people because you say that it's good for getting the game moving
. That's pretty much the widely accepted view. Tossing votes around early is inducive of game action. That's why people do it. Do you disagree there?
Statement 2
:
Then I - the horror - use it to get the game moving!
That was the intended purpose of the vote, which I have stated many times. To stimulate action, which I, indeed, did.
Statement 3
:
Therefore, voting me because I used my randomvote to get the game moving is hypocritical, and therefore, bad.
This statement was implied by the first two sentences. It's the obvious logical continuation. Soo... I'm not sure what you're calling craplogic, but it all seems pretty airtight to me.

Now, finally, I'll venture to say that "misrepresenting the situation" was calling Bertrand a flipper. I was defining "flippers" as people who FoSed me, attacked the random bandwagon, or otherwise took the randomvoting as significantly different from other random voting. Anyways, given that there's no concrete definition of a "flipper" out there, it's not really misrepresenting any situations.

Well, there you go. I analysed my post based on your three accusations. If that's not good enough, then yes, I need more. Please let me know what you were thinking on this one.
Bertrand wrote: There was the craplogic and misrepresentaion of the situation.The one on you isn't, anyway.
No, there really wasn't. You're just trying to write it off as "craplogic" and "misrepresentation" without providing reasons.

...and I'll choose to ignore the (funny? ad hominem? sarcastic?) one-liner at the end of the post.

-Pie
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:09 pm

Post by Thok »

It seems to me that the people flipping out over Pie's vote seem to be relatively inexperienced. I think they are wrong for to be voting for Pie, but it's unclear that they are scummy.

However, I agree that the TSAGod post that Nemesis quoted is actively scummy.

unvote, vote TSAGod
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:32 am

Post by TSAGod »

Nemesis wrote:
Why good job? Why if you like the bandwagon so much are you voting for someone with 0 other votes?

In fact the whole post doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
A couple of small things, the first I've mentioned, The second is you praise Akonas for doing exactly what Pie did... The only difference is the momentum is now against Pie when before there was hardly any momentum.

Unvote. Vote TSAGod.
It's so early that a post that that sticks out a lot more than adding a vote that wasn't intended to make a difference, the vote was an early thing to get the discussion going and everyone just overreacted... Now you are in favour of the new bandwagon which you havn't voted on and praise someone for doing the exact same thing someone is being bandwagoned for.
Your sarcasm detector is broken.
Thok wrote:It seems to me that the people flipping out over Pie's vote seem to be relatively inexperienced. I think they are wrong for to be voting for Pie, but it's unclear that they are scummy.

However, I agree that the TSAGod post that Nemesis quoted is actively scummy.

unvote, vote TSAGod
See previous statement.

If you read my posts, they all are against the people voting for pie is good. If you read my post, it obviously has horrible logic. I'll have to use [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags from now on. [sarcasm]Thanks a lot.[/sarcasm]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”