TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by TSAGod »

Fuldu wrote:In my experience, there aren't many, if any, solid scum tells, but there are lots and lots of weak ones. So my approach is to look for players who've committed several of them and place my vote there.
And all of those add up to a solid scum tell. What annoys me is when something I do that I don't consider scummy makes me scummy.

i.e. Making an assumption that is or is not possible is a bad reason to be labeled as scummy. Refusing to vote for a person identified as scum by a cop, with out reason is a good reason. Consistantly starting arguements and being very troll-ish is a good reason. Starting one heated argument that lasts for less then a page is a bad reason to be scummy.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Akonas »

^see above - not quoted to save space^
Making an assumption can help you decide who you think is scum - for example, if x really doesn't look scummy at all to me, I take them out of my figuring who is scum, at least for the moment. You don't know who is cop- they're just claimed cop, you can't be sure they really are cop. Constantly stating arguments gets you heard and helps get people thinking, though trolling sucks. Starting a heated argument gets people talking, giving you something to go back and analyze. In my experience, people don't look up a list of standard scum tells to check you- they look at what you said, and if something irks them or rubs the wrong way, then they yell at you. I'm going to keep my vote on TSAGod because what he has said is confusing. If he just rephrased things a little more clearly, that would help a lot.

We do have to consider the possibility of a post restriction, though. I'm not sure what kind of restriction he would have to have to sound like that, but...

on a different note:
Fuldu wrote:Because posting that you're going to think about voting, but not doing it, allows for a later justification of putting a late-bandwagon or lynching vote on. Also, it pushes a bandwagon without actually having to be on it, so if Adele turns out to be pro-town (either by getting lynched or by having this bandwagon die out, but then getting night-killed) and people want to look at the voting record, a scum who said the above wouldn't obviously have been a part of that bandwagon.
I'm kinda confused by what you meant here. Adele said that I voted after her, which I did. It sounds like you're saying that she's not obviously scummy...?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:39 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Akonas, bertrand was asking why something he was doing was considered a scum tell. I was explaining it. The use of Adele as an example was solely tied to his behavior WRT her bandwagon. My argument has nothing to do with the relative merits of her bandwagon or the people on it.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Post by TSAGod »

Akonas wrote:Making an assumption can help you decide who you think is scum - for example, if x really doesn't look scummy at all to me, I take them out of my figuring who is scum, at least for the moment. You don't know who is cop- they're just claimed cop, you can't be sure they really are cop. Constantly stating arguments gets you heard and helps get people thinking, though trolling sucks. Starting a heated argument gets people talking, giving you something to go back and analyze. In my experience, people don't look up a list of standard scum tells to check you- they look at what you said, and if something irks them or rubs the wrong way, then they yell at you. I'm going to keep my vote on TSAGod because what he has said is confusing. If he just rephrased things a little more clearly, that would help a lot.

We do have to consider the possibility of a post restriction, though. I'm not sure what kind of restriction he would have to have to sound like that, but...
My list was just a set of tells that was designed to get the general feel. If something is considered (usually) to be good, then it's a bad reason to be labled scummy. Everything needs to be done in moderation, and when moderation gets exaggerated in the form of a vote, that's when it starts to be ungood. That's where it's been.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by Akonas »

Alright, got it. TSAGod, I was just giving an example of how scum tells are somewhat relative to how the person is acting overall and what you think of them.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Post by Thok »

TSAGod, I realized that the post that encouraged Nemesis and I to vote for you was obviously sarcastic. The thing is, even if it was sarcastic, it pinged my scum detector anyways (and not just because of my sig). Frankly, it was a bit of a fluff post; it seems like you were trying to appear to make a comment about Pie bandwagon without actually making a comment on the Pie bandwagon.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by TSAGod »

TSAGod wrote:Actually, this is mostly Akonas, because your vote is not random. It is for pie for voting for somebody with votes.
The point of the post was to comment how Akonas was being pro-bandwagon (random-ish), but bandwagoning on the person who supports bandwagons, even though my opinion has changed since I made it.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:29 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Your sarcasm detector is broken.
Saying good job for reasons agreed with by many people is a bit risky if you think your words will somehow be noticed as sarcasm but all theirs won't. You are in favour of early bandwagons and it was an early bandwagon... You singled out one person as well which actually made me think you were serious.
In the context of my post, did you really think I was serious when you were reading it?
You said good job etc, then singled someone out, if you hadn't have worded your post as you did then you wouldn't have come across serious. I also want to add that if everything could be explained away with such an easy excuse then this game would suck as you'd have to spend time to guess whether or not someone was being serious.
Pie is Good - 2 (Tyfo, Bertrand)
Thok - 1 (Vitamin R)
Bertrand - 3 (StevieT92, Fuldu, Pie is Good)
Fuldu - 1 (Diedraphoenix)
Tyfo - 1 (TSAGod)
TSAGod - 4 (Nemesis, Thok, Adele, Akonas)

Not voting: None.
Akonas didn't unvote. Or did I miss it?

Unvote.
Scummier things have happened and the sarcasm thing is probably a writing error...

Akonas jumping around and putting late votes on people is slightly disturbing.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Akonas wrote:It sounds like you're saying that she's not obviously scummy...?
Can you clarify what you mean here? Are you saying that she
is
obviously scummy?

...I've seen nothing to make me change my vote, though, in the mean time.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:09 am

Post by Tyfo »

Bertrand, what was with all the voting-unvoting in the start and anti-bandwagoning now? I'll like a 4 page synopsis, please.

However,
I
'll
unvote
for now; Pie
ha
sn't got
te
n anything suspicious on him, for the moment at least.
Fuldu wrote: Scum
my
behavior i
s
okay, but mildly scummy b
e
havior isn't.
Care to exp
l
ain,
f
uldu? (I didn't get any of the other posts either).
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:06 am

Post by VitaminR »

Tyfo, in italics, wrote:I hate myself
Are you okay, Tyfo?

unvote: Adele

I still don't see the merit of voting someone for confusing writing when in retrospect his message can't really be considered ambiguous, but maybe it is not particularly scummy. Initially I thought it was a badly supported bandwagon vote, but my opinion has changed.

Also, on re-reading Akonas's behaviour seemed stranger. Not only was his fourth vote on TSAGod not properly justified, but he also bandwagonned Pie_is_good earlier in a strange manner. Here:
Akonas wrote:Hmmm.. I think I'll
vote: Pie is Good
to see how he responds, and because, as he said, "I'm all for random voting/bandwagoning."
He votes Pie_is_good to get a response when Pie_is_good responded to the suspicions on him two posts earlier.

Vote: Akonas
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

Tyfo wrote:
my
behavior i
s
e
havior isn't.
Care to exp
l
ain,
f
Care to reread the whole post in context, Tyfo?
Fuldu wrote:Okay, TSAGod, if you want to get all self-righteous about how obvious your sarcasm should have been, you're going to have to work on the clarity of your writing. I've read this five times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say. If I were to translate it into brief, coherent sentences you would be saying:

I'm in favor of bandwagons, as long as there isn't a reason for them. Scummy behavior is okay, but mildly scummy behavior isn't.

Unless you've gone totally off the deep end, that's not what you're trying to say. And it doesn't come across as sarcasm this time. It really seems like you're trying to say something valid and reasonable, it just isn't coming out right. Proofreading is your friend.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Tyfo »

Fuldu wrote:
Tyfo wrote:
my
behavior i
s
e
havior isn't.
Care to exp
l
ain,
f
Care to reread the whole post in context, Tyfo?
Fuldu wrote:Okay, TSAGod, if you want to get all self-righteous about how obvious your sarcasm should have been, you're going to have to work on the clarity of your writing. I've read this five times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say. If I were to translate it into brief, coherent sentences you would be saying:

I'm in favor of bandwagons, as long as there isn't a reason for them. Scummy behavior is okay, but mildly scummy behavior isn't.

Unless you've gone totally off the deep end, that's not what you're trying to say. And it doesn't come across as sarcasm this time. It really seems like you're trying to say something valid and reasonable, it just isn't coming out right. Proofreading is your friend.
Oh, sorry. M
i
ssed the ":"
w
hich expl
a
ined more tha
n
any
t
hing else, (plus a few words) - remind
t
o n
o
t read posts between 6pm - 4 pm. ;
D

VitaminR, yes,
I
'm pretty alright. Just wanted to see if anyone would catch my "subtle" point
e
rs.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:31 am

Post by Nemesis »

Vote: Akonas
The votes Akonas made always had a huge impact on the bandwagons and both reasons were fairly weak...
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:51 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

UNVOTE: ADELE, VOTE: AKONAS

Unofficial Pie-is-in-need-of-a-votecount-and-so-he-had-to-count-them-anyways Votecount

Bertrand - 2 (StevieT92, Fuldu)
Akonas - 4 (Nemesis, VitaminR, TSAGod, Pie is Good)
TSAGod - 2 (Thok, Akonas)

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

...I can see a good case for both being scum, so if the consensus is Akonas, I'll go with that.

He's now at lynch-minus-three, and lynch-minus-two is claiming territory. Be ready.

-Pie
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Akonas »

Well, I didn't see them making a whole lot of impact towards a lynch, and at the beginning we really have no good reason to bandwagon anyone. Do you have good reasons to be suspicious yet? Apparently only on me, and I'm just trying to get conversation stirred up. Random voting/bandwagoning always helps at the beginning.
As pie said:
Pie_is_good wrote:All I was doing was randomvoting for someone, just like the rest of you. I just "random"voted for someone who already had a few votes.

You random vote people because you say that it's good for getting the game moving. Then I - the horror - use it to get the game moving!
Is this bandwagon about me using someone's own tactic on them after they...didn't get in trouble?

And I wasn't saying that Adele was scummy at all. Just asking for clarification.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Adele »

I could go for Akonas. He
has
been pretty aggressive. I don't like adding late votes without warning, so I'll say: unless something happens to change my mind in the next 24 hours (claim, another vote or two on him, someone claims scum) I'll be voting for Akonas.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:32 pm

Post by bertrand »

At the risk of appearing scummy, I will
vote Arkonas
. He is jumping on weak wagons.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:54 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Akonas wrote:Well, I didn't see them making a whole lot of impact towards a lynch, and at the beginning we really have no good reason to bandwagon anyone.
Your votes made the bandwagons serious and a vote or two added on to yours would make people claim... You say you have no good reason to bandwagon people but the main bandwagons so far have had you on them.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Akonas wrote:Well, I didn't see them making a whole lot of impact towards a lynch, and at the beginning we really have no good reason to bandwagon anyone. Do you have good reasons to be suspicious yet? Apparently only on me, and I'm just trying to get conversation stirred up. Random voting/bandwagoning always helps at the beginning.
As pie said:
Pie_is_good wrote:All I was doing was randomvoting for someone, just like the rest of you. I just "random"voted for someone who already had a few votes.

You random vote people because you say that it's good for getting the game moving. Then I - the horror - use it to get the game moving!
Is this bandwagon about me using someone's own tactic on them after they...didn't get in trouble?

And I wasn't saying that Adele was scummy at all. Just asking for clarification.
This post set off my scumdar.

I was pretty straightforward about the random bandwagoning. You, however, posted with reasons. The fact that you're turning around and saying I did it, too (which I did, by the way, get in a fair amount of trouble for) sounds like a backup excuse that you're falling on.

I bandwagoned for the sake of bandwagoning. You bandwagoned to see my response.

If you're retroactively changing your reasons for bandwagoning, that's scummy. If you're saying that you random bandwagoned at a time when there was plenty of evidence available, that's also scummy.

Kinda lose/lose.

In any case, that's lynch-minus-two. Claimtime.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm not particular fond of the Akonas bandwagon. It's started by TSAGod, who I still think is scummy; bertrand jumped on while specifically making a comment about him worrying about being scummy, and PieIsGood posted a vote count which included a vote he never made. (Akonas is technically at four votes right now, since Pie never actually voted for him).

Finally
Prod Stevie
? He's made one post in the game so far.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:35 pm

Post by bertrand »

Hmm..
unvote Arkonas

Will reconsider.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

I did vote for him, Thok. Look right above the votecount.

On that note, FoS: Thok, for a logical hole in that last post. Even if TSAGod is scum, that doesn't invalidate his reasons for the bandwagon. Scum are perfectly capable of posting logical attacks on others, you know.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by bertrand »

Pie_is_good wrote:On that note, FoS: Thok, for a logical hole in that last post. Even if TSAGod is scum, that doesn't invalidate his reasons for the bandwagon. Scum are perfectly capable of posting logical attacks on others, you know.
Total Crap. If scum starts a bandwagon, it's NOT ON OTHER SCUM.

FoS pie, part OMGUS
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:22 pm

Post by TSAGod »

bertrand wrote:
Pie_is_good wrote:On that note, FoS: Thok, for a logical hole in that last post. Even if TSAGod is scum, that doesn't invalidate his reasons for the bandwagon. Scum are perfectly capable of posting logical attacks on others, you know.
Total Crap. If scum starts a bandwagon, it's NOT ON OTHER SCUM.

FoS pie, part OMGUS
It can be. Scum casts suspicion on spread-out day, thinking there's an already stronger wagon and will create a separation between the players. Town acts quickly on the scum, for the reasons given by the scum.

There we have it. Scum bandwagons scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”