TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 am

Post by TheReverend »

I'll leave it for nacho and orc to discuss. They can decide for me.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:35 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1740, TheReverend wrote:Mollie, you've played me when I'm town, right? I'm more than capable of spreading WIFOM when town, either for personal amusement, or to fuck with scum.

I obviously don't know what was going through sven's mind when he posted that. But in my experience (see malp in my scum game I linked), millers tend to play a strange game because it's a shitty role. I guess he wanted to amuse himself to make the game that little bit more enjoyable for him.

It's going to be very difficult for me to explain why sven was saying certain things. All I can say is it's obviously not a scum tell from my pov. Like I've said plenty of times already, so long as I am not allowed to make lylo, I am not a problem for town. There's a good chance we have a vig, that's how I expect to die tbh. Honestly, worrying about my role at this stage is wasting your time and effort. I'd suggest you focus on people who might actually be a problem for town later on.

I'm expecting to be vig'd way before it matters.
yeah I do know you and you know what I don't remember you stirring up any wifom in that game

some of your posts look a little bit townish but some of them have come across scummy you make the slot look better but that only brings it up to null/scum.

why do you not think that our hydra would not be a high nk priority?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:39 am

In post 1749, Varsoon wrote:Orc would probably only do it to prove I'm wrong, or something like that.

Regardless, it won't really out the other players. They are just there to make sure that I'm not full of shit and that you're not lying.
how would the other players being around effect the outcome of the info? I will leave it up to nacho

and yes what you said about the other post makes sense
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

Honestly, Reverend, the way it'd work is that you'd be the first party, I'd be the second, and a third party would be a sort of jury. Once both of us do what we have to do (which I won't reveal until you decide you're up for it), it's up to the jury to confirm things. The jury is, essentially, anyone else who is in this game. Ideally, at least two other people will look over our interactions and be able to confirm your alignment, etc.

So, essentially, both me and you could do everything we need to do, then we'd have to wait for other players to come in and confirm whether or not your actions are genuine.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:50 am

In post 1747, Varsoon wrote:I'm going to go cut grass, but if any other players want to entertain my gambit/actually use it on Reverend, please let me know.
Can we do it on AJ or 2 instead? I'd really like to confirm the alignments of those slots.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1754, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1747, Varsoon wrote:I'm going to go cut grass, but if any other players want to entertain my gambit/actually use it on Reverend, please let me know.
Can we do it on AJ or 2 instead? I'd really like to confirm the alignments of those slots.

It'd work for any player, so long as they are willing to go along with it. If they refuse, there's really nothing I can do.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:14 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1753, Varsoon wrote:Honestly, Reverend, the way it'd work is that you'd be the first party, I'd be the second, and a third party would be a sort of jury. Once both of us do what we have to do (which I won't reveal until you decide you're up for it), it's up to the jury to confirm things. The jury is, essentially, anyone else who is in this game. Ideally, at least two other people will look over our interactions and be able to confirm your alignment, etc.

So, essentially, both me and you could do everything we need to do, then we'd have to wait for other players to come in and confirm whether or not your actions are genuine.
wait that does sound like a gambit that sounds what the rest of us have been doing all game its called mafia

I don't see how you can guarantee someone's alignment out of that
whew!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

That's because I haven't explained everything yet. :P
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 am

In post 1756, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1753, Varsoon wrote:Honestly, Reverend, the way it'd work is that you'd be the first party, I'd be the second, and a third party would be a sort of jury. Once both of us do what we have to do (which I won't reveal until you decide you're up for it), it's up to the jury to confirm things. The jury is, essentially, anyone else who is in this game. Ideally, at least two other people will look over our interactions and be able to confirm your alignment, etc.

wait that does sound like a gambit that sounds what the rest of us have been doing all game its called mafia

I don't see how you can guarantee someone's alignment out of that
dammit. hydra slip
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 am

In post 1757, Varsoon wrote:That's because I haven't explained everything yet. :P
okay well w/e what do you think of sven's farewell post?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

I see it as town Sven expressing frustration over the pace of the game, hoping town wins, and calling attention to how his post'll likely be wifom'd.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1721, ² wrote:Nacho (or anyone) can you give me a link to an AJ scum game you think is relevant? I found an ancient one. His posts are nothing like in this game.

- f
I've got two anti-town games on site. That's it. And empking's was only 6-7 months ago.

Offsite, my scum games are even older. I haven't had a chance to play as mafia since a while ago.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 am

Post by ² »

In post 1727, pirate mollie wrote:I mean why as town would you spread wifom before you leave?
Because it's not wifom if he's lynched/nk'ed and flips town?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:57 am

Post by ² »

In post 1751, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:why do you not think that our hydra would not be a high nk priority?
Why don't you not stop not using double negation?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:00 am

Post by ² »

In post 1754, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
You should probably consider using the gambit on us if it really is as viable as you're insinuating.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 am

Post by ² »

Rev is being the same kind of anti-town that he was the last time I played with him and he was town. I think being anti-town might be a town-tell for him.

- b
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:08 am

In post 1760, Varsoon wrote:I see it as town Sven expressing frustration over the pace of the game, hoping town wins, and calling attention to how his post'll likely be wifom'd.
ironically I would not have been drawn to this post if he had not used the term "wifom", lol

but I can see what you are saying and that makes sense
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:22 am

Post by ² »

I am listening to live zydeco and drinking a hurricane. wish you were all here.

- f
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 1767, ² wrote:I am listening to live zydeco and drinking a hurricane. wish you were all here.

- f
I love 14 hr time difference

We could've been drunk at the same time
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:00 pm

I'd join you but I have work at 6 AM.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Due to the holiday weekend, I will be giving more leniency than usual on prods.

I'm going to give dntfkingcare an extra day to pick his up and I'm also going to wait an extra day before sending out new prods. Enjoy the weekend.
beefycheese
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 1712, ² wrote:MS and the infamous minute read.

readiing MS' ISO the only thing that strongly stands out as questionable is doing TD's ISO and reporting back in a minute. I guess technically it could have been something close to two minutes and we'd be none the wiser with timestamps. Tiphaine's ISO at that point was almost do-able for me, but post 901 slowed me down. And...MS's case was "all fluff except for 901".

tempted to say the iso is a little too much ado over not much. Nothing stands out as strongly townish or even strong content of any sort in his observations/interactions to date. Not in my town pile.

- f

there we go

i bet none of u even tried to iso TD i mean seriously pulling shit out of your mouth
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

if you had really isod him instead of "hey man isos arent so fast even if its a 5 page children's book with shitton of pictures!"

you'd realise it only takes a minute
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1761, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 1721, ² wrote:Nacho (or anyone) can you give me a link to an AJ scum game you think is relevant? I found an ancient one. His posts are nothing like in this game.

- f
I've got two anti-town games on site. That's it. And empking's was only 6-7 months ago.

Offsite, my scum games are even older. I haven't had a chance to play as mafia since a while ago.
I found one from last summer. Looked like it was your first MS game. And there was a recent game where you were 3rd party arsonist. The game from last summer looks really different from your more recent games. It reminds me of my first game at MS, which was also a scum game. I won't ever play a game that way at MS again because now my town game is known or knowable.

- f
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by ² »

In post 1768, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1767, ² wrote:I am listening to live zydeco and drinking a hurricane. wish you were all here.

- f
I love 14 hr time difference

We could've been drunk at the same time
We probably were! drinking a hurricane at 2 in the afternoon is not something I recommend making a habit.

- f

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”