Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Nacho was saying it was a scum slip because Rev claimed Miller, not miller tracker. Sven only claimed tracker later in the thread, so it would be hard to see on first look, especially is scum doesn't have day-talk.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1442, ² wrote:
In post 1401, TiphaineDeath wrote:12:17 A.M (I'll Iso Tiphaine)
12:18 A.M (Ok, I just isoed tiphaine)

Yeah, no.

vote metal sonic
I swear this guy is so scummy and you're all fucking retarded.

- b
I don't like TD either, but he has a point here. I've never fucking read something in ISO, understood what the author's trying to say and vote in under a minute.

Try it sometime.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 1449, ² wrote:I'm not liking Rev for 1446. The part b) explanation of post 1365 seems fabricated based on 1446.

- b
Here's your link to my watcher game... http://www.forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopi ... 23&t=23831
My flavour was gay spiderman. That raised a few chuckles.

I don't care if you don't like my explanation. My flip will show you that my thought process is sincere, although flawed. I wouldn't be so quick to post crock of crap explanations if I were scum. If I'm scum, I can defend against not declaring tracker role quite easily, without having to say it's not a great role in my experience. I can just say "I had no intention of claiming tracker on d1", which there is truth in. I'm surprised that sven full claimed tbh. I wish he hadn't.

I understand why my slot is a problem for you guys. But you have to ask why as scum sven would first of all claim miller, then full claim miller-tracker for no apparant reason, and why I would come in and say stuff like "tracker role sucks" without having the means to back my comment up. I'm a lot more careful, at least I try to be, when scum. I tend to be haphazard when town, because I just post what I think and don't worry about how it's perceived by town. When scum, I read back my posts to try and make sure I'm not fucking up. Of course, this is self-meta, which isn't of any use to anyone who doesn't know my game. But jiffy is aware of my town game, and he knows I can be all over the place.

Here, have my only scum game on this site... http://www.forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopi ... =1&t=23589
All my other games on MS are town. I can link scum games from another site I play at if required.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Ghostlin »

:facepalm:
In post 1418, Metal Sonic wrote:Lesson of the week: Never replace into a game with 57 pages at Day 1

@Nacho maybe you should iso tiphainedeath its terrible

help me understand why he's on your town list(and I, not)
Pot. Meet Kettle. Really, do you remember when BROsideon asked me if there were greater scum reads than T+random letters?

Yeah, the badness of this post and the hypocrisy here make me want to vomit. TD ain't town, and Sonic's not town for many of the same reasons. His TD push seems fake (beyond the minute time stamp, but that was a good catch) and his scum/town list is vapid.

Also, asking to be cleared by Nacho, who has been so obvTown most of this game is bad. I could get into why it's bad, but I'm so covered in bullshit from this post I've got to take a shower.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:52 am

Post by TheReverend »

^ this post inspired me to ISO MetalSonic, and wow, what a crock of shit is that? It seems to me like he's making up scum and town reads on the spot without even reading. His attempt to explain his reads is really bad, and this post is awful...
In post 1406, Metal Sonic wrote:go iso yourself and see if it doesnt take 1 minute
It took me around that much time to ISO you, MS.

This is really lazy scum imo.

vote - Metal Sonic
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1450, Aj The Epic wrote:
Nacho was saying it was a scum slip because Rev claimed Miller, not miller tracker. Sven only claimed tracker later in the thread, so it would be hard to see on first look
especially is scum doesn't have day-talk
Something was bothering me about this post, and I thought it was an painfully obvious scum slip, but it's not (is should be if).

It's that you start with one premise that's inherently Town, and then you slide into the premise that Rev's scum. (Or rather, one premise that's inherently neutral, at worst.) I can easily buy for a nice amount of US dollars that Rev hasn't reached or hasn't seen the Tracker addition to Sven's claim yet; but then you put 'especially if scum don't have day-talk.'

What does the green part have to do with the red part? If it was easy to miss, a town player could do it, why would it involve scum having Day talk or not? (Or, more simply: why did you rear end a possibly town premise with some sort of scum justification?)

I don't buy Nacho's assertion that it's a scum slip. What I think happened is he got to Page 1, decided to confirm the Miller part of the role before going forward and finding the Tracker part.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1455, Ghostlin wrote:I don't buy Nacho's assertion that it's a scum slip. What I think happened is he got to Page 1, decided to confirm the Miller part of the role before going forward and finding the Tracker part.
I agree with this. I used the words "scum slip" because I wanted to get an immediate response. I still find the slot scummy, though.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 am

Post by TheReverend »

I just ISO'd TIUEHGRKEW and TD. (Yes I just did a T and then hit lots of random letters, like I assume he did when he picked his name).

Both read town to me, though neither can be strong reads. Their posts seem sincere.

Metal Sonic's posts do not seem sincere.

Ghostlin is reading town to me at this stage. Again, seems sincere, he appears to be trying to figure shit out. Same as nacho.

So based on my limited reading, I have TJKWEAGFJKEWR, TD, nacho, orc, cabd and jiffy/mollie as town... GiF, BRO and MS as most likely scum.

There's some names I don't even recognise, haven't read anything from. Like dntfckncare and jon. I'll ISO them next.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:08 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

dntfkingcare was prodded.
beefycheese
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and i'm sure he
doesn't fucking care
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

^I died^
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 am

Post by TheReverend »

Ok jon is clearly not scum, unless he's deliberately being quiet so he can pretend to have forgotten the game. No-one forgets a game in which they're scum.

dntfckncare is mostly fluff, so I get no read on him and he remains null.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 983, ² wrote:4) I can see why you're thinking this, but turn the table for a moment. What would your reaction be if I ignored all of your questions and instead continued with finding scum? I'm pretty sure you'd assert that I would be trying to direct attention away from me. I trust that f and I will be able to find something if you'll just calm yourself and at least entertain the possibility that you're wrong with your current read.
I don't like that you finding something is hinged on me finding you scum because that's bullshit. You don't need room.
In post 983, ² wrote:10) Alright, I can see that this is really bothering you. Here is how I remember it, but I might mix up details because I really didn't consider it that important. I was talking to f about reads on gchat. I read both of TP and Cabd as scum. I read a post in which you said one or both of them was obv town and I asked you about one of them. When I asked you about your reasoning for thinking that person was town, I thought we were talking about the other person, so when I went to ISO the person I was actually ISO'ing the other person. This should all be confirmable if you reread. It's better that you do it yourself because a) I don't want to and b) if I'm doing it, you're just going to think I selectively quote certain posts or something similar.
I know this. I'm not quite convinced that the reaction afterwards was coming from buldermar-town, though.
In post 1001, Cabd wrote:Also i'd like to redact anything I said about TMTOFETC regarding meta because I just realized that the game is still technically ongoing, and I apologize for that. Sorry all.
This slip shows that he's at least looking, which I appreciate and get a townread from.
In post 1006, Sajin wrote:@Nacho You are being to obvious with what your doing here. Thus no effect.
I know how to deal with these two, don't worry.
In post 1009, GuyInFreezer wrote:Ghostlin don't steal my thunder.
Go have fun with your other scumreads.
Varsoon is mine.
This post is even townier than all of GiF's other posts.
In post 1047, Mac wrote:oh okay. that makes sense.

also feels like a major townslip.
It's a HARSH fucking townslip, especially since we can waltz on over to Cabd's site whenever the hell we like and double check what he's talking about. He is town, town, town.
In post 1071, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:/And varsoon has played with me before so why would he use that to incriminate me/
Why would he as scum, considering you lynched him last time and he was town...?
In post 1087, GuyInFreezer wrote:@TMT: tell me what you don't like about nacho.
The fact I'm pushing him as scum, probably.
In post 1418, Metal Sonic wrote:help me understand why he's on your town list(and I, not)
okie
In post 1452, TheReverend wrote:I understand why my slot is a problem for you guys. But you have to ask why as scum sven would first of all claim miller, then full claim miller-tracker for no apparant reason, and why I would come in and say stuff like "tracker role sucks" without having the means to back my comment up. I'm a lot more careful, at least I try to be, when scum. I tend to be haphazard when town, because I just post what I think and don't worry about how it's perceived by town. When scum, I read back my posts to try and make sure I'm not fucking up. Of course, this is self-meta, which isn't of any use to anyone who doesn't know my game. But jiffy is aware of my town game, and he knows I can be all over the place.
Please stop doing this. I recently started reading you as town, and it hurts that you do things like this to me.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 1462, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1452, TheReverend wrote:I understand why my slot is a problem for you guys. But you have to ask why as scum sven would first of all claim miller, then full claim miller-tracker for no apparant reason, and why I would come in and say stuff like "tracker role sucks" without having the means to back my comment up. I'm a lot more careful, at least I try to be, when scum. I tend to be haphazard when town, because I just post what I think and don't worry about how it's perceived by town. When scum, I read back my posts to try and make sure I'm not fucking up. Of course, this is self-meta, which isn't of any use to anyone who doesn't know my game. But jiffy is aware of my town game, and he knows I can be all over the place.
Please stop doing this. I recently started reading you as town, and it hurts that you do things like this to me.
You do it to yourself. Fine you can be town. Do me a favor and get varsoon to answer my case while I am gone for memorial day weekend.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 1462, Nachomamma8 wrote:Please stop doing this. I recently started reading you as town, and it hurts that you do things like this to me.
Shall I just float by and say nothing? I couldn't give a crap if people read me as scum, it's not like I'm expecting to make lylo. People will know I'm town before it matters.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

@Nacho: what do you think of AJ, your scumread, pushing TMT, your other scumread?

Tbh I would've already written TMT down as scum if it wasn't for him wishing me to interrogate him. I usually see those thing town more than scum.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1462, Nachomamma8 wrote: This slip shows that he's at least looking, which I appreciate and get a townread from.
In post 1462, Nachomamma8 wrote:It's a HARSH fucking townslip, especially since we can waltz on over to Cabd's site whenever the hell we like and double check what he's talking about. He is town, town, town.
Okay, these are good arguments for town cabd.

Nacho can you explain your TD and Rach reads? Those are now the only two on your town list that I don't agree with.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 69, Cabd wrote:Pretty much my thoughts as well. Forcing it into Black or White is really bad when Gray exists. I've also seen plenty of wolves claim miller and make it to a win in endgame, sooo...
I liked this. Paranoia of miller claims is good, and he's attacking Sven for forcing things into absolutes, which was one of orc's points and shows me he DOES have reasoning that speaks to him. Weak town lean.
In post 76, Cabd wrote:If sven is town, mafia would be staying far away from this entire thing, IMO. Let us whip ourselves into a frenzy while they sit back and pop popcorn.
I know for a fact that scum were sitting back while the Sven thing happened. This observation makes sense since it was only a few loud people railroading against Sven, and I don't think that Cabd-scum would feel the need to call out his buddies that quickly. Slight town lean.
In post 82, Cabd wrote:Oh wow, Nacho, you've got me. I''m sitting back and taking no sides on this, I definitely didn't already vote for sven and voice an opinion.
And when I poked him a little bit, he expressed frustration which is nice because he DID take a position and he wasn't afraid to respond aggressively and point out to me and show that he did. Trajectory on this is pretty good too; he calls out Sven for his miller claim, makes an observation to cover his bases, someone misreps him and he's a little frustrated so he responds with sarcasm. Moderate town lean.
In post 106, Cabd wrote:I just dislike excuses made on the fly where somebody claims "oh I can't post" and then they post anyways. Chalk it up to my own personal meta if you wish, but town doesn't do that.
I liked that he called Sven out for not being around, and I like his pokes on Sven because this was the point when Sven was unresponsive and pitiful. Slight town lean.
In post 265, Cabd wrote:
In post 169, Cabd wrote:Is there some past history about policying rach that I'm not aware of?
His interest in this point is strange, but shows independent thought. He's trying to get a grasp on whether something is an inside joke or serious and he refuses to let it go; mollie did this with me earlier when I tried to dismiss her with a "buldermar would understand". Strong town lean.
In post 936, Cabd wrote:
In post 935, Nachomamma8 wrote:What do you think of 2's AtE?
(Assuming you're talking to me)
You'll have to point it out, I must have missed it in the sea of 2 posts when reading.
I liked his responses in this exchange between him and I. Click the post link and read it; don't want to quote the whole thing here. I usually find AtE as something easy to pick up on and attack people for, and I thought that his responses to this sounded genuine and were consistent with the type of AtE he finds scummy. Moderate town lean.
In post 988, Cabd wrote:I think everyone reading TMTOF ETCWTF as scum are basing it upon his past game where he did a similar kind of early posting, but eh.
This shows Cabd's follow up skills. He didn't know why people found TMTOLBTWNTOF scummy, didn't get a satisfactory answer when he questioned on it, figured it out himself. It wasn't accurate, but yeah I really liked the mindset behind this one. STRONG town lean.
In post 1046, Cabd wrote:My home site allows talking with your scum team in any method you wish, and gtalk is the most popular method. This was before somebody clarified that you are not allowed to do that here. I read it as "X told Y over gtalk to pick up their game" until it was clarified. So not a scumslip.
Town. As. Fuck.
Cabd faking this as scum requires him picking up on that comment, ignoring all of the hydras in the game, and picking up on an opportunity to townslip based on his previous site's meta. No way in hell this is faked, considering if he was scum before this point, he would show absolutely no foresight like this. STRONG STRONG STRONG town read.
In post 1212, Cabd wrote:Re: People who wondered how to read me

Most Recent Completed Scum Game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=25
Most Recent Completed Town Game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=25373
And because I can be very, very paranoid, I followed up on his scumgame to see if I would pick up on it.
Still no foresight, attacked people for being anti-town and not being scummy.
And, as a bonus, he pushes a scumslip with a shit ton of fake aggression in that game because it was fake. In this game, he pointed out the scumslip, asked us to verify, but would have pushed the hell out of it if we said "oh wow good catch". Also strong townread. In addition, he's a hell of a lot more waffly this game, follows up on his own lines as opposed to "he's lurking. he did this anti-town thing". Also a STRONG town lean based on meta.

Hence his role in the town block. TD next, I think?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1463, Sajin wrote:You do it to yourself. Fine you can be town. Do me a favor and get varsoon to answer my case while I am gone for memorial day weekend.
Will do.
In post 1464, TheReverend wrote:Shall I just float by and say nothing? I couldn't give a crap if people read me as scum, it's not like I'm expecting to make lylo. People will know I'm town before it matters.
no just don't self-meta because it's stupid
In post 1465, GuyInFreezer wrote:@Nacho: what do you think of AJ, your scumread, pushing TMT, your other scumread?
It's strange. I think I feel more confident in AJ scum, but they could be scum together.
I'm gonna push 2 who I'm sure is scum and we'll see how I feel about those two after that.

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

I am reading aj as scum as well
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mollie, please vote 2

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also do you have problems with the townblock? I'm working on TD, Mac, and Rach at the moment.

²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 am

Post by ² »

Nacho you feel like talking about AJ now?

- f
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Not really, I'm working on my townblock reads right now. Will you be around for a while longer?

²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:59 am

Post by ² »

Off and on today. Will check when I can.

- f

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”