BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:18 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:because the only reason for this role is the existence of a role cop. And I'm of the opinion our role cop getting reliable info is a good thing......
I was under the impression that Speedy doesn't get role information, he merley makes up a role name and description that if someone else investigates, they'll get that false information instead of the real deal. I'm still not following.

His role ability sounds detrimental to the town, so I'm under the opinion that he shouldn't target anyone.
Yea, fine. Target someone about to die, or don;t use it, same thing. I don't know if he's allowed to not use it, which is why I suggested Graken.

Same net effect, we want our role cop (if not Graken) to get a clean view, and not have to worry about getting a bogus role from Speedy KQ.

Or maybe we should just lynch Speedy....
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:33 am

Post by Graken »

Hey all, back from the weekend of travel.

Speedy KQ's power is both helpful and detrimental to the town. One problem here is that when I send in my investigation, if Speedy KQ targets the same person, I will get a bogus result. I think what be a good idea is if if doesn't say who he will target before the day ends. Reason for this is that there might be a mafia cop as well. His power seems like it could mess with both the town and mafia.

So when Day 2 starts, I will state who I targeted first, but won't reveal the results. Speedy KQ only reveals if he targeted the same person I did. But he doesn't reveal who he targeted. In this scenario, if there is a mafia cop, they won't know if they got a real result or not.

This really only works if everyone still believes I'm a townie. So what I propose is this, the mafia would be "error in judgement" if they didn't kill me off, but may take the gambit that I could be lynched by the town cause I may look mafiaish if I survive the first night. So, what I propose is this, if I survive to Day 2, I demand that everyone vote for me, but not before I reveal Night 2's investigation results. This way, everyone will know that all my results are real.

I think this is fairly foolproof.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:47 am

Post by Adele »

i think that is fairly nuts

First off, if you reveal who you targeted and Speedy says he targeted the same guy, the mafia
might
manage to figure out who Speedy targeted.

Second, you believe you are proposing pro-town actions. Why would the scum support you?

Third, you... um...
want
people to vote for you? Like, to kill you? If you are a townie and you get killed your results will be verified then. If people don't want to kill you because they don't think you're scum and they trust you, why push them to kill you? that doesn't make sense to me.

none of that makes any sense to me. I am confused.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Dodgy »

This is how I see speedy's role.
I can't see how it can benefit the town at all.
If the cop survives the night to tell us of his investigation and speedy happens to target the same person, the cop will get a false reading.
His role does not affect the Doc cos he will just save his nominated person and the same with the Mafia, they will just send in their choice of kill and that person will die no matter what.
Therefor, Speedy's role was created to confuse the cop, as it is kinda useless when the cop is gone.
It doesnt affect anyone else, unless we have some strange roles out there that I'm not aware of.
So call me stupid but doesn't that kind of make Speedy's role more scummy than townie?
I'm not saying he is scum but I can only see that his role was invented to put a spanner in the works for our Cop.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Post by Dodgy »

same with the Mafia, they will just send in their choice of kill and that person will die no matter what.
Obviously not if our Doc saves the same person as the Mafia try to kill.
But that doesn't detract from my point above.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Post by Poirot »

[quote=Graken] could be lynched by the town cause I may look mafiaish if I survive the first night.[/quote]
And why, exactly, would the mafia let you live?
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:09 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

Poirot wrote:And why, exactly, would the mafia let you live?
To try the make the town lynch the cop gambit.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote, vote speedy

I'm pretty sure we have another cop, plus a doc obviously
Speedy's role does not help the town, nor will confirmation of his ability to manipulate role info prove he is pro town. AT this point, it seems even a plain townie is more valuable....
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by Poirot »

Right now, it may be more beneficial to look at something that could get us information in the long run. We've spent this time arguing about Graken's mistake. We need to do something that would get us closer to what we need.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:09 pm

Post by Adele »

Assuming speedy's role was truth, do you think he's pro-town or mafia, BabyJesus? He may be less valuable than vanilla (depending on if the mafia have an investigator), but if he's more probably town, then he's not a better lynch, is he?
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Adele wrote:Assuming speedy's role was truth, do you think he's pro-town or mafia, BabyJesus? He may be less valuable than vanilla (depending on if the mafia have an investigator), but if he's more probably town, then he's not a better lynch, is he?
I don't know. I DO know he's not going to be a kill target for the mafia. So are we willing to accept his claim all game? Do we wait and hope he's investigated? Do we even want to use an investigation on him? And is it worth potentially running up the doc D1?

I'll
unvote
for now. I'm not convinced he's scum. I'm not convinced he's pro-town either tho. Does his role sound like a pro-town role?

Thinking about it - might be worth waiting to see if a mafia cop shows up...that would go a ways towards convincing me he's good.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:26 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Poirot wrote:Right now, it may be more beneficial to look at something that could get us information in the long run. We've spent this time arguing about Graken's mistake. We need to do something that would get us closer to what we need.
such as?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:42 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Just finished a reread. I think people are too quick to let Graken off the hook. I can totally see a newer player trying to be slick with something like this. I don't want to lynch him just yet, but we really shouldn't consider him confirmed. Besides, the more we express doubt over his innocense, the more likely he is to be spared by the scum if he really is a cop.

And why do people think I should target Graken with my ability tonight? The big downside to that is it prevents a real cop/second cop from checking him. I'm thinking I should target myself, and to keep me honest I suggest somebody else choose the rolename and ability.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:16 am

Post by Falcone »

Vote: SpeedyKQ

1. He's casting suspicion on a claimed cop that is in all likelihood innocent. I mean, I just don't see a new player pulling of this kind of stunt. Also, the claim of his drawback makes no sense if he is scum.
2. He's suggesting a cop to investigate Graken tonight, which would essentially be wasting an investigation.
3. He proposes a plan that would conveniently make himself investigation-immune.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:24 am

Post by BabyJesus »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Just finished a reread. I think people are too quick to let Graken off the hook. I can totally see a newer player trying to be slick with something like this. I don't want to lynch him just yet, but we really shouldn't consider him confirmed. Besides, the more we express doubt over his innocense, the more likely he is to be spared by the scum if he really is a cop.

And why do people think I should target Graken with my ability tonight? The big downside to that is it prevents a real cop/second cop from checking him. I'm thinking I should target myself, and to keep me honest I suggest somebody else choose the rolename and ability.
why the hell would another cop view graken??
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Ok, I have concluded that Speedys role is benificial to the Mafia but absolutely useless to the town.
I was not at all convinced that he was scum, seens as it would be detrimental to stand out as he has if he were scum but after his last post, I'm no longer so sure.
Instead of addressing our concerns, he turns to Graken to attack him.
I think he is bringing up an old argument (that has been kinda resolved) to take the heat off himself.
You may not be scum Speedy, as I don't have a crystal ball but your counter attack has me thinking you are our most likely candidate, especially after concluding (only speak for myself) that your role can ONLY benefit the Mafia.
Unvote

Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Poirot »

BabyJesus wrote:
Poirot wrote:Right now, it may be more beneficial to look at something that could get us information in the long run. We've spent this time arguing about Graken's mistake. We need to do something that would get us closer to what we need.
such as?
Speedy?
OK, I've received my role, and I think it makes sense for me to claim right away.

I am a tabloid reporter. Each night, I must invent a contrived, wacky role for another player. I expect there is some sort of non-sane coplike role who is intended to be mislead by my inventions. I want to tell you beforehand exactly what I am doing, so if anybody comes accross these roles, you will know they are fake.

Perhaps tonight we'll have a "Giant Rutabega That Shoots Lasers Out of Its Ass", a vigilante who has a 25% chance of killing 3 random players instead of the intended target.
Okay, going back to this...why the hell did you claim in the first place?

He says that he's claiming in order to prevent confusion, but doesn't that just benefit the mafia more? Even if he's a townie, he could just be hitting the town to hurt them more.

Plus he's a tabloid reporter. Nothing good can come from that. :wink:

But going to what he said...
Just finished a reread. I think people are too quick to let Graken off the hook. I can totally see a newer player trying to be slick with something like this. I don't want to lynch him just yet, but we really shouldn't consider him confirmed. Besides, the more we express doubt over his innocense, the more likely he is to be spared by the scum if he really is a cop.

Ooh! I have a great rolename.

Lynched Mafia.
Vote SpeedyKQ[/quote]
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by Graken »

I also agree with the synopsis that Speedy's role really doesn't help the town as much as it could help the mafia. Also not understanding why he roleclaimed for no reason at all. His plan also makes him able to dodge any investigation if I were to investigate him.

Unvote: Dodgy
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by Adele »

I don't know if I trust Graken; him telling us everything the way he did seemed foolish to me and I don't see how he thought he'd benefit town by oversharing. But pursuing that avenue is a job for another day, when we've got more claims and evidence under our belt - we can't be sure this wasn't (or that it was) a gambit knowing what we know now.

Speedy's role looks scummy to me, and the flavor does too.[quote="Poirot]]Plus he's a tabloid reporter. Nothing good can come from that.[/quote]Seriously, are they generally thought of as the "good guys"? Seems like a scum rolename to me.

That's his fourth
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Adele »

Adele wrote:That's his fourth
Sorry, when I wrote that I'd not seen Graken's post. It's his fifth vote.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

vote speedy

hammah!!!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Post by Shamrock »

... Well, I was going to ask him to explain first, but I think that's lynch anyway, right?
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Adele »

I don't think so. I make that six votes, with seven to lynch.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Shamrock wrote:... Well, I was going to ask him to explain first, but I think that's lynch anyway, right?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:09 pm

Post by Adele »

Game started in day, 12 alive, seven to lynch, right?

Falcone, Dodgy, Poirot, Graken, Adele, BabyJesus. Who've I missed?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”