LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:22 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Don Gaetano wrote:1. Stewie gets killed = I and Elvis lynch LB tomorrow.

2. LB gets killed = I and Elvis lynch Stewie tomorrow.

3. Elvis won't get killed because I'll protect her.

4. I die (because I can't protect myself) = No information is gained, and LB and Stewie would be at each others throats tomorrow, without my insightful mind to save silly Elvis from lynching the wrong person

5. Nobody dies during the night. No information is gained, status quo continues.
1. nice of you to speak on elvis_knits' behalf... so you're ruling out the possibility that either elvis_knits or yourself could be the remaining SK?

2. i won't die... i'm unnightkillable, remember?

3. that's fine, i like elvis_knits living, she seems like a good guy...

4. lots of information would be gathered by your death (method of killing, etc.), some of which could convince elvis_knits that i'm innocent... she does know the most about Alex & crew, remember...

5. this is a distinct possibility, but we won't be in a worse position than we are now, would we?

@elvis_knits & Don Gaetano

why are you so set on not no lynching?... we can NOT be in a worse position than we are in now, & there is a possibility of being in a better position w/ more information...

@Stewie

what are your thoughts on the no lynch?...
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

1. I'm sure that both you and Elvis wouldn't vote me tommorow if Stewie died... and I'm ruling out the possiblity that I'm scum incase you wondered :wink: . I actually think I've been a bit too hasty with labeling Elvis as pro-town, though. It's just that you and Stewie have so much more suspicious roles. (I'm much more suspicious of Stewie than you though.)

2. Your un-nightkillableness must have slipped my mind, so point 2 is void.

3. I've changed my mind, I see no point in protecting Elvis.

4. Good point, but I don't think there will be any information in the night scene that only Elvis would be able to understand. It would only mention me getting killed by the word of god by a figure, nicely wrapped in one of Raj's shakespeareian dialogues :wink:

5. Like I said, Status Quo would remain.
-----

After having thought about it, I'm for a no lynch.

I think we'll most likely end up with no kill, but we'll see.

If there is a kill, I'll most likely be the one killed, and I'm not 100% sure that anyone of you are innocent. So I think there's no reason why I should protect anyone at all during the night.

LB can't be killed, Stewie won't get killed (even if he's innocent), If Elvis gets killed she's confirmed, and if I get killed, atleast you will have learned something from the death scene, like you would from all deaths.

-----

But let's not waste the day yet. If Elvis should die, it's in the town's interest that she tells us exactly what she thinks about the situation, and any other information we might find useful later.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:26 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Don Gaetano

i could go for no protections tonight if Stewie agrees...

@Stewie

would you mind explaining why you did not vote at ALL on either D2 or D3? (your vote after the deadline on D2 was not counted in the official vote count, so i'm not counting it) also, you have the fewest # of posts w/ 31... Don Gaetano has 77, LyingBrian has 82, elvis_knits has 88, which means everybody has at least 2x as many posts as you do... any explanation besides lurking?...
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:53 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Both you and Elvis have more posts than me? :shock:

How embarrasing. :oops:

I have to try harder next time. :wink:
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think we should lynch Stewie. That's why I'm voting him.

But if we go no-lynch and I die, this is what I think:

Don Gaetano - I don't think he's scum. I just don't. He's been very helpful in lynching scum, and I really don't think he's made a wrong move all game. If he's scum, I've been completely fooled (wouldn't be the first time!). I guess anything is possible, but I think Don Gaetano being scum is not very probable at all.

LyingBrian - He has acted scummy at times. Remember we almost lynched him? I do believe his role is Erica, and it makes sense that he can't be killed at night because I know that it is true that Erica is in law school in Boston. The fact that he wants to no-lynch is suspicious to me, though. It is making he take a second look at him.

I have a question I will go research and see if I can find the answer to: What happens if there is only two players left and one is the SK? Is it a draw? OR do they no-lynch and go to night where the SK kills the townie? I have the feeling that no-lynch today only helps the SK get closer to winning.

Stewie - I think I've already said that I can't buy that he is inHim and prays for people to be saved, but there is another player that frames him by killing by the word of God.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:57 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Don Gaetano wrote:Both you and Elvis have more posts than me? :shock:

How embarrasing. :oops:

I have to try harder next time. :wink:
you can't catch up making non-helpful posts like this... and mine :wink:
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:08 am

Post by LyingBrian »

elvis_knits wrote:I think we should lynch Stewie. That's why I'm voting him.

But if we go no-lynch and I die, this is what I think:

Don Gaetano - I don't think he's scum. I just don't. He's been very helpful in lynching scum, and I really don't think he's made a wrong move all game. If he's scum, I've been completely fooled (wouldn't be the first time!). I guess anything is possible, but I think Don Gaetano being scum is not very probable at all.

LyingBrian - He has acted scummy at times. Remember we almost lynched him? I do believe his role is Erica, and it makes sense that he can't be killed at night because I know that it is true that Erica is in law school in Boston. The fact that he wants to no-lynch is suspicious to me, though. It is making he take a second look at him.

I have a question I will go research and see if I can find the answer to: What happens if there is only two players left and one is the SK? Is it a draw? OR do they no-lynch and go to night where the SK kills the townie? I have the feeling that no-lynch today only helps the SK get closer to winning.

Stewie - I think I've already said that I can't buy that he is inHim and prays for people to be saved, but there is another player that frames him by killing by the word of God.
concerning your question... i believe the answer would be exactly what you proposed... they would vote each other until the deadline then the SK would kill the townie at night... except in my case, which i've already confirmed w/ Alex, i would be killed in endgame...

please explain to me how proposing a no lynch is suspicious...

and this is probably the last time i'll make this point, but if it makes sense that i can't be killed b/c i live in Boston, why does it make sense that i can kill?...

also, Don Gaetano, elvis_knits, & LyingBrian were on both RangeroftheNorth & Chaos's lynch bandwagons (the only anti-town to be lynched, so far)... so why is Don Gaetano any more cleared than you or me?

BTW, i think anybody who thinks no-lynch is suspicious is suspicious, so there :P
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Why don't you want to lynch Stewie?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:20 am

Post by LyingBrian »

b/c i'm not convinced he's the remaining SK, though he is 1st in my list of suspicious characters... you would be 2nd, though...

you still haven't explained why going for no-lynch is suspicious, BTW...

you also haven't commented on the Boston thing...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think no-lynch is suspicious because I think it gives the SK a free kill tonight. First you talk about no-lynch, then you talk about Don agreeing not to protect anyone. Do you WANT someone to die?

About the Boston thing -- I don't know. True, it doesn't make sense for you to be able to come to Kentucky and kill if people in Kentucky can't come to Boston and kill you. So, if that's true, you aren't scum. In that case, it's Stewie.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:57 am

Post by LyingBrian »

elvis_knits wrote:I think no-lynch is suspicious because I think it gives the SK a free kill tonight. First you talk about no-lynch, then you talk about Don agreeing not to protect anyone. Do you WANT someone to die?
why is somebody dying tonight a bad thing?.. like i said before, it gives us more information & it eliminates 1 person from being the SK, so in a sense, i DO want someone to die... if i wasn't unnightkillable, then i would even be glad to sacrifice myself as long as it helped out the town!...

the fact that you are SO against going no lynch is making you more suspicious in my mind... ONLY the SK wants us to lynch the WRONG person today...

@Stewie

it would be nice to hear from you...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The only reason I REALLY want us to lynch someone is because I REALLY think Stewie is guilty.

Can you explain how it is possible that Stewie is innocent? How is it possible that Stewie uses the word of God to protect and another player uses the word of God to kill?
Talk nerdy to me.

LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:28 am

Post by LyingBrian »

i can't really explain it, b/c i'm not Alex or Aaron... do you KNOW that Aaron is religious?

also, another thing that bugs me is why did Stewie pick
Fritzler
as his N1 "pick"? if i was a SK in his situation i would've picked myself (or somebody else who didn't die) for N1 b/c no one could've known at that point that i was unnightkillable...

also, i would like to have as much information as possible before having to make a decision... i just am SO scared of being burned by a good player... we got lucky w/ Chaos claiming a killing role...
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:50 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

The more I think about it, the less possible it is that LB is scum, because:

1. It's confirmed that LB is Erika, and that Erica irl goes to law school in Boston. (because he couldn't have made it up, and it's 100% impossible that Elvis and LB are in the same scumgroup, so Elvis couldn't be covering for him)

2. It's logical that Erika can't be night-killed since she's in Boston, and that she doesn't have any other night abilities, since she's in Boston. (I think it's a bit stupid to have an un-nightkillable townie, because letting the scum win in the end game would mean breaking with the normal logic/flavour of mafia games, but that is up for discussion later.

3. Halo Freak/Darquiel was Sara (pro-town). So unless Sara was insane (something I find astronomically unlikely considering her limited ability), her results were correct and there's just one scum left.

4. That scum kills by the word of god, because we've confirmed that none of the others did. (check up the night scenes if you want)

What are the chances that Erika is actually in town during the nights, killing people with the word of god? Sounds WAY too unlikely to me.

-----

So if LB isn't scum, that leaves Elvis and Stewie.

Elvis is a criminal mastermind, if she's scum. Becasue:

1. She's provided us with information that we had no way of knowing if she hadn't voluntered it, and I doubt anyone would've asked her for it.

2. She's been very active from the day she replaced RabidRodents.

3. She's actively looked for scum, and defended other players when she believed them (namely LB day one, who has to be innocent if Elvis is scum). Something most scum are too afraid to do, since it puts them in the spotlight, and leaves a posting and voting record that other people can point out as suspicious if someone you defended turns out to be scum, or someone you attacked turns out to be innocent.

4. Her posting restrictions are as good as confirmed because RabidRodents had them day one, and I doubt even Raj would make a role that kills by the word of god during the night, and talks about horses and Elizabethtown during the day.

5. Her role is very plausible since there's been townies with only a posting restriction, or minor ability already confirmed/killed (same thing :lol: ). Easy to fake, but still...

Elvis being scum, takes a giant leap of imagination as well.

-----

Stewie on the other hand is very suspicious because:

1. He's been lurking the entire game except under direct fire.

2. He's been very careful not to defend or attack anyone to seriously before the end game, and usually only when other people have already voiced their opinion on the subject, and even then normally only recycling the arguments of others.

3. He's InHim, the last killer kills by the word of god... need I say more.

4. He's claimed to be a doc that either can't protect people, or can only protect people against the word of god. A very weak role, and not very plausible IMHO.

5. There's already a doc in this game, me. How often do you have multiple docs in a 12 person mini?

The list goes on, but I can't be bothered to continue it right now since this post is already way too long, and it's all things everyone knows already anyway. All in all, I find it so likely that Stewie is the remaining scum that I'm going to
VOTE: STEWIE

I hope I'm right
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:52 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

And LB, If Stewie is the sk. He didn't target Fritzler the first night, that's just what he claimed he did.

He targeted Ibaesha if he's the guy that kills people with the word of god.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Don Gaetano wrote:And LB, If Stewie is the sk. He didn't target Fritzler the first night, that's just what he claimed he did.

He targeted Ibaesha if he's the guy that kills people with the word of god.
that's the part that's bothering me... why would he CLAIM to protect somebody that was killed? why not CLAIM to protect somebody who was NOT killed?

i was getting ready to hit the SUBMIT button on my vote for Stewie when you brought this up, BTW...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:07 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Stewie

if you need any furthur proof that i am NOT the SK, take the fact that i have not voted you yet... i could win the game right now if i was the remaining SK... lynch you now, kill somebody tonight, & kill the remaining player in endgame...
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:44 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

If nothing else, my vote proves that LB is innocent like I concluded.

LB is now a confirmed townie.

-----

Unvote

I'd like to hear from Stewie before we lynch him.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't think I have talked about tumors yet today. I should. Tumors are crazy.

TUMOR FACT OF THE DAY:
I have a friend that was researching the benefits of EGCG (the stuff in green tea) on tumors. If you take enough EGCG it inhibits the tumor from getting a good blood supply, which makes the tumor die! But you can't just drink a lot of tea because the amount of EGCG in green tea is too small to make a difference. You have to take the stuff straight.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

LyingBrian wrote:i can't really explain it, b/c i'm not Alex or Aaron... do you KNOW that Aaron is religious?
Yes. Notice how his sn is "inHimshallibe" and "Him" is the only capitalized part.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Hmm, that sounds strange

In the short time I've been here I have heard him refer to himself as god, so he can't be completely fanatic. (like we europeans think everyone from the US who refer to themselves as religious are :wink: )
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Maybe I'm wrong. I thought he was though.
Talk nerdy to me.

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by Stewie »

LyingBrian wrote: @Stewie
if you're innocent, then who do you suspect most, Don Gaetano, or elvis_knits, & why?
elvis... I will explain later in this post.
LyingBrian wrote: @Stewie
would you mind explaining why you did not vote at ALL on either D2 or D3? (your vote after the deadline on D2 was not counted in the official vote count, so i'm not counting it) also, you have the fewest # of posts w/ 31... Don Gaetano has 77, LyingBrian has 82, elvis_knits has 88, which means everybody has at least 2x as many posts as you do... any explanation besides lurking?...
I did not vote at all days two and three because of one very simple reason. I joined thinking this would be a normal game, but that is far from the truth. We are playing a themed game, not only role-wise, but also game mechanics-wise. The mechanics of the game make it fast paced, which makes it really hard to catch up if you were away (which I kinda was, in the sense that I was too busy to post anything) and it gives you very little time to make up your mind. Being busy as I was, I was not able to make up my mind on time. The same reason applies as to why I didn't post much. If you check my other activities on the forum, I am on only one other game, and I barely posted in it. I did make a vote yesterday, but it was too late for it to count, so I understand if you are not going to count it... my point is, I was able to make up my mind, but it was too late.
elvis_knits wrote: Stewie - I think I've already said that I can't buy that he is inHim and prays for people to be saved, but there is another player that frames him by killing by the word of God.
To answer LB's first question further, I am starting to think that elvis is the remaining scum not only because LB is obviously not, but also because of statements such as these. The last time I heard someone specifically saying a theory I had was wrong, they turned out to be scum, and from the tone of your writting, I think this is the case again. In fact, that game also was a framing issue... I said I had been framed, and the scum said that it was impossible... I can link to the game upon request, but right now I'll go to my next point.
elvis_knits wrote: How is it possible that Stewie uses the word of God to protect and another player uses the word of God to kill?
I never said I used the word of God to protect.
elvis_knits wrote:I think no-lynch is suspicious because I think it gives the SK a free kill tonight. First you talk about no-lynch, then you talk about Don agreeing not to protect anyone. Do you WANT someone to die?
That's the whole point. We are four, there's only one sk left. If we let the sk kill someone, then there would be three people left. I there are four people and one of them is scum then the odds of lynching scum are 1/4. If there are three people and one of them is scum, the odds of lynching scum are 1/3. 1/3 > 1/4, therefore it is a smart move to vote no lynch.
Don Gaetano wrote: Elvis is a criminal mastermind, if she's scum. Becasue:
2. She's been very active from the day she replaced RabidRodents.

3. She's actively looked for scum, and defended other players when she believed them (namely LB day one, who has to be innocent if Elvis is scum). Something most scum are too afraid to do, since it puts them in the spotlight, and leaves a posting and voting record that other people can point out as suspicious if someone you defended turns out to be scum, or someone you attacked turns out to be innocent.

4. Her posting restrictions are as good as confirmed because RabidRodents had them day one, and I doubt even Raj would make a role that kills by the word of god during the night, and talks about horses and Elizabethtown during the day.

5. Her role is very plausible since there's been townies with only a posting restriction, or minor ability already confirmed/killed (same thing :lol: ). Easy to fake, but still...

2. What does that prove? Lurker = scum is a fallacy, but active player = not scum is and even greater fallacy. Scum are active too because people happen to believe the first fallacy.

3. Something scum are too afraid to do? Scum know that most people are town (there are very few exeptions to this, and this game is evidently not one of them). Defending a person yields a high chance of defending someone innocent, which in turn yields a great reward. I've seen it done (although in this case, no specific examples come to mind) and it works pretty well.

4. His post restriction is not confirmed, because it's so obvious that he could easely see what the player he replaced was trying to do and follow up on it. Furthermore, she might not kill by the word of god, but surely he can make it seem as if he killed by the word of god, as a framer.

5. I think that by now we should know better than to judge a person's posibility of being scum on how plausible their roles are. LB's role is unplausible, but apparently it is true, since he would have otherwise voted for me, thus ending the game. Unless he's toying with us... but I doubt it very much.
Don Gaetano wrote: Stewie on the other hand is very suspicious because:

1. He's been lurking the entire game except under direct fire.

2. He's been very careful not to defend or attack anyone to seriously before the end game, and usually only when other people have already voiced their opinion on the subject, and even then normally only recycling the arguments of others.

3. He's InHim, the last killer kills by the word of god... need I say more.

4. He's claimed to be a doc that either can't protect people, or can only protect people against the word of god. A very weak role, and not very plausible IMHO.

5. There's already a doc in this game, me. How often do you have multiple docs in a 12 person mini?
1. read up.

2. read up again.

3. So? This game is pretty wacky, considering that there's a player posting horses and toumors, and there was a player posting pirates.

4. I did not claim that. I claimed doc, and that I protected Friztler, who died anyways. From that information, I speculated that I was a placebo doc, but a scum who can get through protections or a scum who can roleblock people can be other possible explanations. I just didn't think about them at the time.

5. I'm sure that if I look for a game with two doctors, I can find one. Furthermore, it is not much of a strech, considering LB's role and that it is inarguably true. I have seen games with three sane cops with backups and other stuff like that, and I think that it would be easier to find, if you accept that too, because I know where to find that.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Stewie wrote:she might not kill by the word of god, but surely he can make it seem as if he killed by the word of god, as a framer.
I have not yet encountered any such "framer" role. Has anyone else?
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@Stewie

i am definitely still most suspicious of you, though you did have a very well thought out & informative post... i would like to go back to the no lynch now that i have 2 supporters (Don Gaetano & Stewie)... i also would like you to reference that game where you were framed...

@elvis_knits

when i asked that question, i meant from RL... i know what his screenname is, but that could be sarcasm, tongue-in-cheek, etc...

@Don Gaetano & elvis_knits

i'm still waiting on a viable reason Stewie would pick somebody who died to say he "protected" N1...

vote: no lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”