Odd Scum question

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Odd Scum question

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Does anyone have any ideas on how a final day would play out if the game was down to two scum remaining, but they were from diferent families?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Iammars »

Nightfall wrote:Does anyone have any ideas on how a final day would play out if the game was down to two scum remaining, but they were from diferent families?
Draw
Day - No Lynch
Night - Kill each other
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:28 pm

Post by Stewie »

Pretty much... unless they had a power which allows them to win the game (ie: if one of them is the GF and has "unkillable at night" as an ability, while the other is normal scum. in this case, the GF wins).
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:32 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

You need to think about win conditions carefully to cater for this sort of situation. Most SKs can win the game even if they are dead, provided no-one else survives. This fits with the flavour of most SKs and gives them an advantage (they have few enough...).

So in your scenario, assuming you had a [dead] SK, the possibilities could be:

* the scum agree to a draw (and keep to it, not killing each other over several nights)

* the scum agree to a draw - one of them reneges and wins

* the scum kill each other at night and the SK wins
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Or you just make everyone dead, and everyone loosing.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

If you are one of those Mods (I'm looking at you, Mr Flay) who gets terribly concerned about the flavor, no doubt the falvour wil determine who wins in the "everybody dead" situation.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Heh, fair enough, Stoofer...I got irritated when RPS was won by flavor, and I should have been more careful in how I ran Res. Dogs.

I have a question about the initial post here: I assume you mean JUST two scum remaining, no pro-town players? Because that changes the result significantly...but if I was modding, I'd probably give them chance for an "honor among thieves" solution of not killing each other. Of course, they each have to trust the other not to go for the easy win.... :twisted:
Retired as of October 2014.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:51 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

In Mr Stoofer's scenario the game becomes virtually equivalent to confrontation mafia. Cool.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:53 pm

Post by mathcam »

I don't see how, if there's exactly two scum left, that this could at all be considered an odd scum question.

Cam
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:If you are one of those Mods (I'm looking at you, Mr Flay) who gets terribly concerned about the flavor, no doubt the falvour wil determine who wins in the "everybody dead" situation.
Yeah...there was a role in a D&D themed mafia game on a different site, a person had the win condition "you win if all dragons are dead". (The mafia was made up of dragons, but there was also a dragon pro-town mason group). The interesting thing was, he would actually win with the SK.

Basically, it all depends on how the win condition is set up. There was a tie in a mini MeMe recently ran, where the game ended up with one scum (me) and one unkillable townie left. The way the win conditions were written, the scum won (because the scum's win condition was "You win if at least one scum survives") and that one townie won, but the rest of the town lost.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”