Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:40 am

Post by Thok »

Fine, I'll claim.

I am Tracey, a former soldier with Mal and Zoe back in the day. I am a vanilla townie.

Look, it's a minor character that could be seen as vaguely antiFirefly and has a weak role.

I'll let those who are experienced with the show and know the one episode where my character appears point out why I might not immediately expect the Niska to be scum, or why I might be worried about the Alliance.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:16 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Fuldu:
Fuldu [424] wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:I propose that, after Thok makes his full claim, tss and then Yosarian claim *only* their character names.
And why are you proposing to have these two claim when you fully expect to lynch Thok anyway? It seems like your only hope is that they'll be counterclaimed, which is not much of a reason, in my view, to get claims from the second and third players on your list. Having them claim seems to me far more likely to have a negative result than a positive one.
My hope is to try and eliminate one of the nightkills which would otherwise be expected to happen tonight. The easiest way to do so would be to lynch a last member of the BlueSun mafia- but that may not be the only way. It is very possible that town’s powerroles would be able to use the additional information productively. (And moreover counterclaims, given Nanook’s refusal to claim Day 1, may not be insignificant.) You yourself have said that you think Thok more likely to be Niska mafia. Just because I may fully expect to lynch Thok doesn’t mean that something won’t happen before the end of the day to make me reconsider.

Honestly, I’m not really sure I see a negative result to be worried about- could you be more specific?

tss, Yosarian:
Do you have anything to say about my proposal, seeing as how it concerns you the most?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Fuldu »

EmpTyger wrote:Honestly, I’m not really sure I see a negative result to be worried about- could you be more specific?
Well, we don't have many of them left unrevealed, but if they claim major character, that's going to make them probable pro-town and a more prominent target than if they don't claim. Also, it isn't clear to me how name claims is possibly going to help us to identify
which
group of scum someone comes from, even if we're able to unequivocally determine that they're lying. So my point wasn't that I think it's bad to try to find Blue Sun to lynch today, just that I think our odds of doing so with your plan aren't elevated in any useful way.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:32 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I think, but am not certain, Thok is blowing smoke. I think having me and Yosarian claim is unlikely to help, but I will do it if a large portion of the town wants me to. I put my vote in for Yosarian not claiming anyway, though; he's revealed that he used last night to act on PeaceBringer, and with two kills and PB alive that clears him good and shiny. It doesn't quite clear PB too, but it comes close.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:41 pm

Post by armlx »

Thok's claim is very sketchy IMO. I would be fine with lynching him today still.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Mr. Whedon
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:51 pm

Post by Mr. Whedon »

VOTE COUNT

Thok (5)
- The silent speaker, Fuldu, Baby Jesus, Fritzler, Emptyger

Not voting: armlx, otaku, Peacebringer, Yossarian, Ranger, DP, Thok

7 to lynch!
Like all creative minds, they must be slapped down.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:53 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote Thok

Don't really like the claim.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:41 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Yosarian:
Similar to your evidence about Night 3, can you reveal anything potentially useful about what happened Night 2?

Fuldu:
“Finding BlueSun” is not exactly the same as “finding BlueSun to lynch today”. And as for creating targets: armlx and myself are already exposed. However, I’ll concede that there may be more of a downside than I originally thought, so with enough others not seeming to support my proposal, I’ll drop it.

tss:
the silent speaker [428] wrote:I put my vote in for Yosarian not claiming anyway, though; he's revealed that he used last night to act on PeaceBringer, and with two kills and PB alive that clears him good and shiny. It doesn't quite clear PB too, but it comes close.
Yosarian could have been lying?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:59 am

There are stupider lies, but not many. This was unforced, probably confirmable, and relies on PB cooperating. I feel fairly sure he's telling the truth; as such I also see no gain in making him tell us what else he's done with his time unless he decides there's gain to the town in hearing it.
Thok, you are one vote away.
If there's anything you want to say, now's the time. I especially encourage you to tell us who you most suspect and why.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

EmpTyger wrote: tss, Yosarian:
Do you have anything to say about my proposal, seeing as how it concerns you the most?
(shrug) At this point, I think if I claim my name, I might as well give a full claim, because the rest would be pretty obveous. That might not be a terrible thing, as I've already given a pretty strong hint, but I don't really think it would help the town for me to reveal any more information at this moment. Either way, it's probably not a big deal.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

EmpTyger wrote:Yosarian:
Similar to your evidence about Night 3, can you reveal anything potentially useful about what happened Night 2?
(shrug) At this moment in time, I would think that, if I did have any other information, it would be best for me to not share it so I might have a chance of using it to help evaluate other role claims. And if I did not have any other information, it would be best for me to not share that fact either, in order to keep scum off balance when they try to create fake role claims.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by Thok »

the silent speaker wrote:
There are stupider lies, but not many. This was unforced, probably confirmable, and relies on PB cooperating. I feel fairly sure he's telling the truth; as such I also see no gain in making him tell us what else he's done with his time unless he decides there's gain to the town in hearing it.
Thok, you are one vote away.
If there's anything you want to say, now's the time. I especially encourage you to tell us who you most suspect and why.
??? TSS- either you believe my claim of Tracey and shouldn't be voting me, or you don't believe my claim and shouldn't be willing to believe any speculations I put out today. Given your inconsistent behavior towards me, I'd guess that you are Niska.

I'll
vote TSS
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:03 pm

I don't believe your claim. However, I could be wrong. It has been known to happen. If I am wrong, then your opinions can be evaluated tomorrow for merit.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I suppose before we end the day, we should give Peacebringer a chance to post?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah...like I said, while Peacebringer didn't kill anyone last night, he still could be scum, and I don't think we don't want to let him just keep lurking forever.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:34 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Yosarian2 [439] wrote:Yeah...like I said, while Peacebringer didn't kill anyone last night, he still could be scum, and I don't think we don't want to let him just keep lurking forever.
Well, also from the standpoint that he would seem more likely than anyone else to not be on the same page. And, I mean, general principle: players should post at least once/day.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:43 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I'm willing to put the final vote on thok, but I would also like to hear from PB today.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm content to leave my vote where I am, but I'm unconvinced that waiting for PeaceBringer is going to accomplish much. He posted briefly last Thursday and before that it's been more than a week since he posted with any regularity. I'd prefer not to see this game stall out because we're waiting for him to say something, especially when that something is likely to end up being "yeah, I'm here. vote Thok".
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:25 am

Post by armlx »

See what RotN said, but I don't care if PB posts.

Actually, I see no reason not to end this now.

Vote Thok
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I am book, I see Thok got lynched.
Sorry if I have kind of gotten tired of the slow pace at scum and have fallen in to not checking in as much. GOing to not sign up for any new games for awhile.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:55 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

WTF, PB, you can't be book. Book died night one. What are you trying to pull here?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Uh... can anyone think of a good reason for PB *not* to be vigged tonight? Because nothing's coming to my mind.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Post by Fuldu »

EmpTyger wrote:Uh... can anyone think of a good reason for PB *not* to be vigged tonight? Because nothing's coming to my mind.
Well, given the fact that there was no reason in the world for him claim and the context of his statement, I assumed he simply meant to say that he's
back
and wasn't paying close attention. I didn't really want to post it, because now all he has to say is "Yeah, that's what I meant," even if it wasn't. But if we're in twilight and discussing vig kills, I figure I should get it out there as a reasonable explanation for his admittedly odd statement.
Mr. Whedon
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:13 pm

Post by Mr. Whedon »

FINAL VOTE COUNT

Thok (7)
- The silent speaker, Fuldu, Baby Jesus, Fritzler, Emptyger, DP, armlx
The silent speaker (1)
- Thok

Not voting: otaku, Peacebringer, Yosarian, Ranger

Thok
is lynched. He was
Tracey
- a townie.

72 hour deadline for night choices, thanks!
Mr. Whedon
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Mr. Whedon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am

Post by Mr. Whedon »

Filler post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”