Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 am

Post by kuror0 »

In post 74, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 71, RandomYoshi wrote:@Everyone:
Comments on the game so far?

Bland, boring, needs to get started.

Someone do something scummy, so we can get started lynching. :twisted:

You have a lot of experience NS, why don't you do something to get this game moving instead of complaining?
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.1

Varsoon (0) -
Eepzy (0) -
Approximately Normal Guy (1) - kuror0
Nabber (1) - Nachomamma8
kitiekatt (1) - Nabber
RandomYoshi (2) - Nobody Special, Varsoon
kuror0 (1) - kitiekatt
Nobody Special (1) - Approximately Normal Guy
Nachomamma8 (1) - RandomYoshi

Not Voting: Eepzy

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline will be Thursday, March 21st at 4:00 am PST or in
(expired on 2013-03-21 04:00:00)

Seeking replacement for
Eepzy
who has still not even read their Role PM.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Jackal711 »

And the spot has been filled!
fuzzybutternut
will replace Eepzy effective immediately.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 73, kuror0 wrote:
In post 70, RandomYoshi wrote:@kuror0:
Opinions on Varsoon's play?

I found scumy some of his actions, like discussing about town cop and his quota suggestion, but his level of participation is very high and not something I would see coming from a newbie scum, so for now I would place him as mildly scumy.

How is pointing out that that town cop is in a bad position, should he exist, scummy? Just trying to heighten awareness for the fact there is a mafia cop. This probably won't come up again for a few game-days, so it's really a non-issue.

In post 74, Nobody Special wrote:

Bland, boring, needs to get started.

Someone do something scummy, so we can get started lynching. :twisted:

I think we need to get rolling, but as I said before, baseless accusations of eachother is only going to have each of us calling one another scum. We have to work together and stay in good, active communication or else the mafia will take advantage of our aimlessness.
Just outright saying "Get scummy" isn't going to make scum step out of line. The only way we can do that is to stay hyper-active and post a lot. Those who only lurk become more suspicious and the people who post mostly fluff/baseless finger-pointing are more scummy than others.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:35 am

Post by Nobody Special »

This is me being hyperactive.

This is me posting.

This is me not being scummy.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 31, Varsoon wrote:
In post 30, Approximately Normal Guy wrote:
In What specifically were you replying to? His reason for his RV or his RV in and of itself?[/quote][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4754773#p4754773]post 22[/url], RandomYoshi wrote:

Sorry, it was the "he is creepy" part. I should have deleted the rest of the quote.

And @Varsoon, it's highly unlikely that scum would fake a cop claim unless it was end game, imo. It would just be pretty damn ballsy. So not much to worry about there.

Well, dude, that's the thing. What if, on second day or something, he exposed the other guy as scum and got his partner killed? Everyone would think he was actually the cop and then he'd have free reign to investigate town while seeming like a good guy.

@ANG- Never think that scum WON'T do something. Ever. Scum are actually more inclined to claim a PR, and I can point you to games where that HAS happened. IF we do have a cop, do not claim if you get an innocent, and if you get a guilty, subtly claim. I made this mistake in a game of mine, and was lynched (town still won though). Keep in mind, this was Day 2. Newb scum are less inclined to do it, but it's still there as an option. Never underestimate scum.

@Varsoon- I don't like this thinking. It's the exact kind of thinking that scum does, and by openly saying it, you're setting up a way to get away with it later.

In post 38, Varsoon wrote:
In post 37, RandomYoshi wrote:
In post 36, Varsoon wrote:In fact, if you were town, wouldn't you want to discuss things that might possibly lead to our success?

Yes, of course I'd want to discuss things that are beneficial for us Townies to win. I just wanted you to highlight how it could be contributing to our success as Town. In fact, all I wanted to know was your mindset behind the topics you brought up. Now that you have explained satisfactorily how it can help our success as Town, my question has been thoroughly answered.

Fairnuff, but I won't change my vote until we get some more discussion rolling.
I feel like I might be too chatty, but I think it's really important that we all chat as much as possible.
The best way we can route out the scum is to talk a lot. This way, the people who aren't as active are under scrutiny and scum is forced to be more social, leading to a higher chance of slipping up. We should hold a quota of so many posts per real-time day. Falling under the quota doesn't benefit town at all, and so those are people we can lynch if we don't agree on a definitive mafia target.

Does this sound like a good plan, everyone?

What? No. No no no no no no. Never. Posting quota's are terrible.
TERRIBLE
I'll chalk that one up to a newb tell, but please keep in mind that this was a terrible idea. Posting quotas=scum win. I can't see another outcome, because that would call for hyperactive scum, just so they don't get lynched. I'm also severely against policy lynches. Policy lynches=/=town win.

In post 54, kuror0 wrote:Everybody looks so happy about Varsoon... anyways. I strongly disagree with the whole quota thing. While I too get really frustrated when people just lurk around, you can't forget people have a real life or sometimes there is nothing important to say, the quota may lead to policy lynchs on inactive players wich can be either way town or scum(and based purely on numbers it is most likely to be town). Also to avoid failing under that "inactivity" state, some people may start fluff posting just to look active wich is not helpfull at all. The whole idea can be really counterproductive for town(And yes i just used town instead of us). Also to avoid inactivity you can vote for people to pressure them, that's usually the best way to promote someone's participation. Also a policy lynch usually doesn't give so much information to town as a normal lynch wich is another huge set back.

On another topic discussing about PRs is also bad for town imo. If there is a claim at any point there are ways to prove it is a legit one, and we will worry about it when the time comes.

Lastly you may notice my english grammar is terrible(maybe my vocabulary too), so if you can't understand what i am trying to say let me know, so i try to make things clear. (I also receive any advice if it helps to improve my grammar :P)

I'm not too happy with his posts, tbh. And everyone saying "oh he's definitely town" doesn't help it. You call scum town, they will continue to act town. I just recently made that mistake myself. Never believe someone is completely town.
Discussing PR's is not necessarily bad for town, unless you're blatantly stating who the PR is or if someone claims a PR for no reason whatsoever.

I'll
VOTE: Varsoon
and you all can discuss that.

Sorry for the wall btw. <3
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

annnnd sorry for the bad formatting

@ANG- Never think that scum WON'T do something. Ever. Scum are actually more inclined to claim a PR, and I can point you to games where that HAS happened. IF we do have a cop, do not claim if you get an innocent, and if you get a guilty, subtly claim. I made this mistake in a game of mine, and was lynched (town still won though). Keep in mind, this was Day 2. Newb scum are less inclined to do it, but it's still there as an option. Never underestimate scum.

@Varsoon- I don't like this thinking. It's the exact kind of thinking that scum does, and by openly saying it, you're setting up a way to get away with it later.

this is in regards to post
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Finally, something is happening.

Though I originally thought Varsoon was Town, I can definitely see where you're getting at. I'll wait until I've seen his reactions to being voted, then I'll see if my vote will change or not.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:11 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Figured the game needed a little boost of action.

Side note-I love that avatar, Yoshi.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 83, fuzzybutternut wrote:
Side note-I love that avatar, Yoshi.

Why thank you.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Who do you find most scummy?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

Well,

Nacho is generally more involved in things. I'd like to see more from him.

I'm starting to have doubts on Varsoon's alignment. Might be Scum after all.

fuzzy is a slight Townread of mine for
actually getting the ball rolling

kitie needs to post more.

Nabber is seemingly only making fluff posts. Would like to see more input from him.

kuror0 has good points on what Varsoon is proposing. Probtown.

NS currently falls under the same category as kuror0 (going to call you k0, is that okay?).

That's all I have for now, and, with how little this game has actually moved, all I can deduce from what we're currently having available for us all to work with.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Fair enough. The fact that you're deducing reads from little to nothing gives me a town read on you. from what I've read, the fluff posts from Nabber aren't contributing to town at all, and I was inclined to vote him at first, but then I read the terribad posts by Varsoon and had no other option. If Varsoon is scum i'd put Kuror0 under either gullible town or buddying scum. Everyone else is pretty much the same as you.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

wait fuck, forgot to give an opinion on ang

ANG is falling in the same category as Varsoon. He's way too eager to have the posting quota implemented. Biggest scumread ATM.

UNVOTE: Nacho
VOTE: Approximately Normal Guy
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

can everyone produce some reads now

i'd like to have them in the thread asap
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Nobody Special »

You can't dictate these things, you know.
....what?

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

NS, thoughts?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 85, fuzzybutternut wrote:Who do you find most scummy?

I don't blame you for thinking I'm scummy. I guess my noobishness is showing, I thought that encouraging people to chat a lot would be a good way to foster communication for town.

Here's my reads.
Varsoon - From an outsider's standpoint, I could see how I seem scummy. I was trying to get out RVS with some suggestions. Guess it worked, if not for the best. Tbh, the discussion of post-quota and seeing how more experienced players dealt with it let me figure a lot of things out. I'm not going to share all of those things, but here are the more obvious ones.
Fuzzybutternut - I don't blame you for the scumread on me or whatever. I -am- the most active person in this game and I could see how that'd be suspicious. I -do- think it is pretty scummy to tell everyone outright to start making reads on eachother, because it's just going to turn us against ourselves.
Approximately Normal Guy - Seems really town to me, but not incredibly active. Posts don't seem fluffy, and he's not accused anyone of anything.
Nabber - Anoter townread for me. Seems busy with things outside of the game, but hasn't done anything anti-town.
kitiekatt - Nothing to go on. Either lurking or inactive.
RandomYoshi - Keeping my vote on you for a few reasons. If a post quota and policy lynches are such a bad idea, his flagrant support of it does seem a bit suspicious. Seems all-too-eager to scumhunt, and when Fuzzy entered the thread he was pretty quick to turn things about on me. The fact he wants everyone to produce reads factors into my deduction that mafia want town turning on themselves early into the day. Honestly, he's given me the most to work with, but he could just be a really anxious town.
kuror0 - I was pretty iffy about my read, but this guy seems pretty town to me. Genuinely interested in town's wellbeing, and his warnings about post quota make a lot of sense and are delivered in the way that a fellow town would. His employ of rhetoric doesn't betray a scumtell to me.
Nobody Special - Dude's got such a negative attitude. Looks like he'd be an easy target for scum to turn some attention to, so I'd keep an eye out for them pointing fingers at him.
Nachomamma8 - Has been really inactive, too. Don't think he's scum because of that early townread. Still don't know anything about him, though.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

You have the wrong idea about how this game is played. Reads are good, because it let's everyone know where you stand on the people in the game. It can also be a viable scum hunting tactic. It's pro-
town
not pro-scum. To be completely honest, admitting your scuminess is rather pro-scum imo too, but you're the newest player here, so I won't hound you about that.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 93, fuzzybutternut wrote:You have the wrong idea about how this game is played. Reads are good, because it let's everyone know where you stand on the people in the game. It can also be a viable scum hunting tactic. It's pro-
town
not pro-scum. To be completely honest, admitting your scuminess is rather pro-scum imo too, but you're the newest player here, so I won't hound you about that.

Aaah. Again, sorry, this is my first game.
I can see how reads are good, but it just gives scum way too much info to work on.
I guess it does help town know where they all stand, etc, but I just don't like the idea of fighting among ourselves and having to be on the defensive when people produce such early reads.
As far as 'admitting' scumminess, I just said I could see how I'd seem that way, but it seems like that's a losing argument. I can't claim town, because that's something scum are trying to do. I can't claim scum, because who would do that? The only thing I can do is acknowledge that, yes, I could see how my high-post count and suggestions might be scummy, but I hope that my posts speak for themselves and my alignment is obvious to everyone. I get the feeling I'm going to be either an early lynch or murder target because I'm so active and because of my litmus test earlier. Sucks.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I find Varsoon very suspect for not finding me scummy, but rather pointing out that scum could use me for an easy target. Could be a scumslip.

unvote

Vote: Varsoon
....what?

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Newbie games are for Newbies who want to learn how the game is played. I'm probably coming off as an ass right now, but I don't want you to carry your current thoughts throughout the rest of your games on here, because you will DEFINITELY be the first lynch if you keep up your thoughts. Being active isn't bad, but can get annoying when only two people are posting. That gives scum a reason not to post. There should be no claiming as of right now anyway.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 95, Nobody Special wrote:I find Varsoon very suspect for not finding me scummy, but rather pointing out that scum could use me for an easy target. Could be a scumslip.

unvote

Vote: Varsoon

See what I said about reads?
Scum's just trying to turn town on itself.
If you scum make town lynch me, it will only turn out poorly, because then town will see how obvious it was that they were being manipulated.

Sorry about saying that you'd be an easy target. I'm just trying to pre-empt any scum moves.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 96, fuzzybutternut wrote:Newbie games are for Newbies who want to learn how the game is played. I'm probably coming off as an ass right now, but I don't want you to carry your current thoughts throughout the rest of your games on here, because you will DEFINITELY be the first lynch if you keep up your thoughts. Being active isn't bad, but can get annoying when only two people are posting. That gives scum a reason not to post. There should be no claiming as of right now anyway.

Makes sense, man. Don't worry about being ass, criticism is good and I
am
a newbie.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

What's got you set on NS as scum?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”