Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Mini 246: Unknown Role Mafia - Mod Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:25 am

Post by Changling bob »

You are all priests to the pantheon of gods that rule your world, and are each patroned by a spirit resident in the area around the temple.

Recently, the crops have been failing, the cattle have all died, the rivers are running with blood, and other such minor problems are occuring. The high priest of the temple has let it be known that some of your patron spirits are to blame, although he is unsure which. Together, you have been banished to an island just offshore from the temple, to pray and discuss the matters in hand.

You have been on the island for several weeks now, and, since the beer ran out last night, have decided to take drastic action to solve the crisis. You decide to pray to your patrons each night, to try and cause the death of the priest, and the casting out of the spirit who is his patron. You all agree that this is for the best, although a few people express concern as to the fairness and accuracy of such a method (they'll be the first to go). Through the decisions made during the night, and the discussion during the day, you hope that you will be able to cast out the spirits that have been causing the lands around your temple such suffering, and get back to the mainland and it's plentiful supply of inns and public houses. None of you are sure whose spirits are responsible, nor any other powers they may have. (Unfortunately, it would appear (through experimentation) that no-one's can produced any kind of alcoholic beverage from anything on the island, although there was a brief snatch of hope when somone managed to turn a tree into bird, until it was pointed out that the tree probably contained said bird before any spirit was invoked)

Anyway, a new day is now dawning, and you stumble out of you tents, with headaches that
must
be from sleeping on the hard ground, to decide who's turn it is to cook breakfast.

Oh, and to try and cure the plagues. That too.
Last edited by Changling bob on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:09 am, edited 10 times in total.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:27 am

Post by Changling bob »

Rules:
Every day, each person must PM me their prayer (vote). The person who has the most prayers (votes) against them at the end of the day will be killed by the spirits (ie, lynched)
Each person may only pray (vote) once per day. It takes far too long to change a prayer.
At the end of each day (and only at the end of the day) the spirits will let it be known how many prayers they received against each priest (a vote count will be given)
There are no nights in this game, as they are spent praying or sleeping. No secret communication is therefore allowed at any time, even between mafia
No-one knows what ability their spirit possesses, but the results of your prayer will stand. If your spirit has an ability, it is up to you to determine what it is.
If you are killed by the spirits, your immortal soul is devoured, and so on and so forth. Hence, you can no longer post :)
If you expect to not be able to participate for a while, please post in this thread to that effect. Don't leave the game hanging!
Deadlines will be invoked if and when I feel like it, but I will give room for discussion first.
Lastly, and most importantly,
have fun!

I will PM everyone to let them know the game has started, but as there is no need for role PMs or confirmation, day begineth now!

Currently alive and kicking:
Bacde
Mr. Flay replacing bdonlan
Beaker
Sineish replacing CaptainDuctTape
EnderX
Nai
PBuG

Shuffled off this mortal coil:
n_lich, patroned by Karl the Confused - 3 votes spread over each 3 days
TSAGod, patroned by Jan the Not-bad - vote weight of -2
Iammars, patroned by Wilhelm the Destroyerer - scum
Jentsu, patroned by Jock the Blower-upper - scum
Crola, patroned by Theodore the Smacker-downer - escalating vote weight, serial killer
Last edited by Changling bob on Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:49 am

Post by bdonlan »

No random votes? I suppose the closest I can do then is
Not-quite-random-FOS: n_lich
. Because everyone knows lichs are creatures of pure evil.

Also,
mod
, does the day end when everyone has sent in votes, when there's a majority, or something else?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:18 am

Post by Iammars »

This is going to be intresting.

Random FOS: TSAGod
for obvious reasons.

And the rules make ti sound lie pluarlity voting.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
CaptainDuctTape
CaptainDuctTape
Townie
CaptainDuctTape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:33 am

Post by CaptainDuctTape »

Just in case something happens:
100,000,000 FoSes: Everyone.

So.... What should we do first?
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:57 am

Post by TSAGod »

OK...lets see...first off, we don't vote in the thread. We PM our votes to bob...and when all are in, we get the counts (not who votes for whom). If we are a special spirit, then we get to go and get some nifty information, assuming that the special person is in the minority.

Is that correct?
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:01 am

Post by TBuG »

Random FoS: TSAGod

For repeating previously stated info ;P
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:00 am

Post by TSAGod »

Seeing as nobody knows what role they are (or even if they're good or bad?), I think the best strategy is for us all to vote semi-randomly. 6 people go for one target, three for another, and three split their votes for others. That way, we can see if one of the six are a saving role, and if that happens we still control the lynch. The other three can determine if they get any other information or anything. We can rotate through the first days so that everybody can get an idea of their role...

...or not. Tell me where my logic starts sucking at.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:11 am

Post by Changling bob »

bdonlan wrote:Also,
mod
, does the day end when everyone has sent in votes, when there's a majority, or something else?
The day ends when all votes are received.
TSAGod wrote:OK...lets see...first off, we don't vote in the thread. We PM our votes to bob...and when all are in, we get the counts (not who votes for whom). If we are a special spirit, then we get to go and get some nifty information, assuming that the special person is in the minority.

Is that correct?
To go through the system:
All votes are PM'd to me.
Once all votes are in, it will 'go to night'.
I will lock the thread, process all abilities that any players have.
I will then post the morning scene (note this will include the lynch), a votecount for the previous day and unlock the thread
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:55 am

Post by Iammars »

Well, this is going to be intresting. We're supposed to catch a mafia who doesn't know that they are mafia.

I expect a long and grueling game coming upon us.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Jentsu
Jentsu
Goon
Jentsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:35 am

Post by Jentsu »

Changling bob wrote:I will lock the thread, process all abilities that any players have.
So, how does sending in ability targets work, if we don't even know if we have something to do?
back
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by bdonlan »

I would assume that if you have nothing special it'd just be a regular vote.
Jentsu
Jentsu
Goon
Jentsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by Jentsu »

bdonlan wrote:I would assume that if you have nothing special it'd just be a regular vote.
So you mean the prayers are how you target? That'd suck if a cop fingers scum, votes him off, and then loses his next investigation because he used the prayer to vote for that scum.
back
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yeah, but it means that scum is going to have a hard time manipulating town lynvhes.
Jentsu
Jentsu
Goon
Jentsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:23 pm

Post by Jentsu »

Iammars wrote:Yeah, but it means that scum is going to have a hard time manipulating town lynvhes.
Ah, good point.

I guess it's balanced, then. Good jorb, bob. ^_^
back
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:59 pm

Post by N_lich »

Iammars wrote:
And the rules make ti sound lie pluarlity voting.
pardon?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:00 pm

Post by Iammars »

Sorry, I type fast.
The rules make it sound like plurality(sp?) voting, or the person with the most votes is lynched.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by TSAGod »

TSAGod wrote:Seeing as nobody knows what role they are (or even if they're good or bad?), I think the best strategy is for us all to vote semi-randomly. 6 people go for one target, three for another, and three split their votes for others. That way, we can see if one of the six are a saving role, and if that happens we still control the lynch. The other three can determine if they get any other information or anything. We can rotate through the first days so that everybody can get an idea of their role...

...or not. Tell me where my logic starts sucking at.
...I'm still up for that, or at least will be until somebody gives me a good reason why I shouldn't.

And I'm making a guess that the bad guys are more SK than mafia, just because I can't see how it would work out other ways. So...let's vote so that we can start to learn about some stuff, as we know NOTHING to operate this day on until we go through a few days.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:41 pm

Post by Nai »

I agree with TSA. I'm not much for an early lynch, but I think we really should do something early. Have all our votes in quickly so day 1 can end and day 2 can begin. We're not gonna get any information if we don't vote, and there's not much point in talking.

The only thing we can come up with today is a plan on our lynches. But the problem is, you only know if someone went through with the plan the next day.

That reminds me...

Mod
, do we see the names of who voted what the next day?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by Iammars »

MOD:
What if a tie?
Beaker
Beaker
Goon
Beaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:55 pm

Post by Beaker »

TSA's logic seems the best that we've got so far
i'll support that unless somebody's got a better idea
Show
Doritos...are people

Recent victories in:
Kidz Lemonade Stand Mafia (un-nightkillable townie)
Caddyshack (vanilla townie)
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by bdonlan »

So okay, if we're going along with TSAGod's plan, we've got to choose who does what.

A fair way would be with the dice roller, and here's once such distribution of votes:

First, the unlucky targets for the six and three votes; selected using a dice roll against the alphabetical list of players at the top
Original Roll String: 2d12
2 12-Sided Dice: (10, 5) = 15

If these are the same I'll reroll in a reply.

As for the distribution of who votes for whom, I suggest using the top six people in the list to vote for target one, the next three for target two, etc. Since roles are usually assigned randomly the monotonity (sp?) of the selection shouldn't be a problem. The alternative would be to use nine dice rolls to select them, but that would get messy and complex, with the near-certainty of two rolls turning up the same number.
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by bdonlan »

so on the list number seven is:
Iammars

And thus if we go by my dice roll Iammars would be the target of six votes.

Number eleven is:
PBuG

And thus would get three.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by TBuG »

I suggest, and I think Iammars will agree, a re-roll :P

Original Roll String: 2d12
2 12-Sided Dice: (7, 9) = 16
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:16 pm

Post by TBuG »

el-oh-fracking-el.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”