Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1193, VP Baltar wrote:Dead thread:
DDD wrote:VPB should be running this shit, the fact that he isn't is way bothersome.
I gots ta work mofo. It's why I stopped playing mafia regularly. I knew I could never commit the time I should to the game.
It wasn't just the lack of taking control as much as it seemed after the Iece lynch you didn't quite know where to go with D4 lasting forever.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

Hmph.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1193, VP Baltar wrote:Nah, I think both Nacho and I were feeling exactly the same there. It was one of those things where I felt like it was Emp, but that also seemed convenient and I didn't want to get fooled like that so close to victory if Nacho really was scum.
This is pretty much where I stood during LyLo. I will admit that the survivor comment put me a little more on edge than it should have, but I couldn't put any scum motivation to it and then decided I was just being stupid. Then you posted the Empking vote which was pretty much my exact mindset at the time and I felt great.

This game in general was awesome. Thank you for the game, Sotty!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:57 am

Post by chkflip »

Scum made silly NK choices, but DDD made the right shot.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1203, chkflip wrote:Scum made silly NK choices, but DDD made the right shot.
What was the justification for the NK choices, anyway, particularly the one on Jason?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1203, chkflip wrote:Scum made silly NK choices, but DDD made the right shot.
I made no shots, I wouldn't have killed you, you were super obvious town just derping things up. That was leviathan who shot you.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

Hmph.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 1:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The chkflip shot might have been OK. I feel like he may have been too much of a wildcard late in the game.

@Iec -- Looking at the scumQT makes it seem like the Jason kill was who they thought they could get away with safely. I don't know if that was necessarily true, but that seemed to be the rational.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ah, I didn't see that it'd been posted. Thanks.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 8:31 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sorry I couldn't stay in this game. I tried to do this game in addition to another one because I loved the playerlist/mod of this game, but my mind apparently can't deal with playing multiple games anymore.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 3:55 am

Post by RestFermata »

Way late on posting here, but this was a good game. I'm sorry for leaving. I knew HD was scum, though--I knew it in my undead bones!
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

You played a better game than I gave you credit for Rest. When I did my reread, you were right about a lot of things I was unsure of earlier in the game. I think you just need to be more convincing.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 4:22 am

Post by RestFermata »

Yeah, I'm really rusty, that's true. At least I was able to convince you I was town one way or another, even if it was just because I was a bit of a blunderer! I'm kind of pleased with how accurate my gut reads were in this game, but it was hard to put my finger on exactly where they were coming from. I knew HD was scum, and I strongly suspected that PV and HD were bussing each other at one point. Because I wasn't as convinced of PV, I wanted to lynch HD first and then reconsider him, which made some people accuse me of "deflecting" from PV to HD, but I was just so damn convinced that HD was scum...meh.

I was never certain about Empking, but I didn't want him to be able to finish the game coasting like that, so I'd like to think I would have pushed for his lynch. So I think as far as my reads went, I was pretty solid on this game. My overall play kind of sucked, though. I was kind of trying to lay low a bit, and come off perhaps just scummy enough to not get NKed early, but not sufficiently scummy to get lynched in the beginning, either. I thought my abilities would be better saved for later in the game, so survival was my top priority. I wanted to get my reads out there, but I didn't want to seem too pro-town about it. That way if I claimed and my claim was believed, or if I got NKed, the town could look back and perhaps consider my cases more seriously. Obviously my larger plan didn't work out, because I got snatched out of the game prematurely. I tried to put a little hint in my replacing-out post that I was town, in a context that would seem more sincere than the average post. Perhaps that was a little sneaky of me, since the situation I was dealing with was in fact very serious--but I was still playing the game, even if only for one last post. You guys were right in guessing that I wouldn't have lied in that situation, though. That would have been too creepy.

Anyway, I had a good time while I was playing, and I popped in every once in a while to see how things were going. Great game, everybody.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Equinox »

Mine?