Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:20 am

Post by Stewie »

Yeah, I want an explanation from Nightfall too. I also want to see how d8P hid the mason name. Basically useless now, but amusing nontheless. :)
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:37 am

Post by Nightfall »

Okay, here's my info.

First off, if Stoofer really is a townie I can see why he didn't pick up on what I was asking him. In Mikes post 390, Mike stated that he blocked me on night 1, and Stoofer on night 2; when in reality I was blocked on night 2 not night 1. Eiither Mike just made a typo or there's something more going on.

As for my results, Day 1, I had a little bit of a gut fealing that Stoofer was scum so I investigated him night 1.

I made this post ->
Nightfall wrote:
Stoofer
, I was being band wagoned because of my low post count.
Innocent
as viQles was lynched because of a believed scum tell.
During day 1, I lurked quite a bit, and although it was mainly because I was really busy, but it was also in part because I didn't want to draw that much attebtion to myself. Falcone then drew quite a bit of attention to me. This continued still on day 2. Stoofer did pressured me again on this day, but with an innocent result I didn't think much of it. Night 2 then came along and I investigated Falcone. I investigated Falcone because he seemed the most desperate to lynch me. I didn't get a result though since I was roleblocked. See post->
Nightfall wrote:
Falcone
, one things for sure, I can assure you that it wasn't choice
B
. There's a chance it could have been option a.
L
ooking over Ibaesha, I don't really see anything that gives her away. she wasn't
o
verly agressive towards anyone, so I don't think she had a guilty result.
C
, seems the most likely to me. And Stoofer, your claiming that I would have
K
illed Ibaesha after she gave me an FOS? I think I would be a bit more discrete then that if I was really scum.
(You'd be surprised how long it took me to try and figure out how to get those letters there, and to not be completely obvious)

So yeah, I was role blocked. Day 3 we then wake up to see that our "cop" has died....
Now I really don't know what this means, but the following are some possibilities that I have thought up.

1. Ibeasha was sane, I am not. This would mean that my innocent result on Stoofer, would mean that I had found scum.
2. Ibeasha was insane, I am sane. Stoofer is really innocent. This could be true but Ibeasha being called "Cop" and not insane cop puts a few holes in this theory.
3. Ibeasha and I are both sane cops. This would, in a regular game make for a pretty strong town and therefore unlikely, but it has been thrown around lately that are mafia seems to have stronger then usual powers too? A two cop town might be a way to help restore ballance?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:10 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

@Falcone - Nightfall and mikeburnfire are lying about their roles. They planned it together last night. There
are
two vanilla townies in this game, me and (probably) Mr Stoofer. I knew you were a mason

It's kind of funny that Nightfall and mikeburnfire put together their fake claims before hand, but mikeburnfire messed it up and said he blocked Nightfall on the wrong night.

Come on, would a cop hide his clues like that? We never would have found that if Nightfall had been night-killed. Those are little things that cops leave behind to fake a claim later. Nightfall was probably unhappy to see that ibaesha was cop, but decided, "Oh, what the heck, I went through all this work, might as well go on pretending I'm a cop." And two cops in a mini? This should be an easy vote.

vote: Nightfall
. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall.

@My favorite Brits - what do you think? Are you the only vanilla townie in this game?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:22 am

Post by Nightfall »

Commodore Amazing wrote:@Falcone - Nightfall and mikeburnfire are lying about their roles. They planned it together last night. There
are
two vanilla townies in this game, me and (probably) Mr Stoofer. I knew you were a mason

It's kind of funny that Nightfall and mikeburnfire put together their fake claims before hand, but mikeburnfire messed it up and said he blocked Nightfall on the wrong night.

Come on, would a cop hide his clues like that? We never would have found that if Nightfall had been night-killed. Those are little things that cops leave behind to fake a claim later. Nightfall was probably unhappy to see that ibaesha was cop, but decided, "Oh, what the heck, I went through all this work, might as well go on pretending I'm a cop." And two cops in a mini? This should be an easy vote.

. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall.

@My favorite Brits - what do you think? Are you the only vanilla townie in this game?
How do you
know
that there are 3 vanilla townies? Not one, not three, not even maybe zero? maybe the 3 of you are our 3 scum.

I also find it really hard to believe that you Knew Falcone was the 3rd mason.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:25 am

Post by Nightfall »

Correction:

How do you know that there are 2 vanilla townies? Not one, not three, not even maybe zero? maybe the 3 of you are our 3 scum.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:27 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I have never been in a game where a non-sane cop was merely called "cop" in his death scene. [I've tried to argue it as scum, and failed.]

I can't believe that there are 2 sane cops in this game.

Nightfall is not an insane cop because he got an innocent on me.

Therefore Nightfall must be either (a) naive cop or (b) scumbag. Both are perfectly plausible, although I would guess that he is scum with Seol and mikeburnfire.

Fortunately, I don't have to decide because I am not on the lynching committee. I am going to follow the will of the lynching committee and will regard anyone who doesn't with grave suspicion.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Mr Stoofer wrote:Fortunately, I don't have to decide because I am not on the lynching committee. I am going to follow the will of the lynching committee and will regard anyone who doesn't with grave suspicion.
Not cool, Mr Stoofer. I'm sure the lynching committee wants to hear every single one of my ramblings.

This combined with the fact that Nightfall and mikeburnfire involved you in their little blocking + cop scheme is making me very uneasy about you.

@Committee - Please, let's lynch either Nightfall or mikeburnfire first. Stoofer and Seol are getting to close to call.

Question - Do we have Stewie shoot if we lynch the mafia roleblocker? That would put us at (at worst; even if you don't believe me that Nightfall is scum) 5 people in the next round, with 2 of them scum. At best, it puts us at 5 people next round, with two scum (mikeburnfire and Nightfall) dead. Then we can lynch wrong on one of Seol and Stoofer (or myself, God forbid) and still win. I really like this plan, and I hope the committee can see that mikeburnfire is scum. We have a lot to gain if you've got the guts to take out the scum roleblocker.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by Seol »

Commodore Amazing wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:Fortunately, I don't have to decide because I am not on the lynching committee. I am going to follow the will of the lynching committee and will regard anyone who doesn't with grave suspicion.
Not cool, Mr Stoofer. I'm sure the lynching committee wants to hear every single one of my ramblings.
Agreed. I'm also not sure this is cool:
Mr Stoofer wrote:I have never been in a game where a non-sane cop was merely called "cop" in his death scene. [I've tried to argue it as scum, and failed.]
I've played in games where cop sanity (and other variations inherent to the role) wasn't revealed until debrief, and I really don't like the square-bracketed comment (which kinda reads "if you try to argue this with me, you must be scummy" to me).
Commodore Amazing wrote:This combined with the fact that Nightfall and mikeburnfire involved you in their little blocking + cop scheme is making me very uneasy about you.
Why are you so sure they're
both
lying?
Commodore Amazing wrote:@Committee - Please, let's lynch either Nightfall or mikeburnfire first. Stoofer and Seol are getting to close to call.
Of the two, MBF is the better choice, simply because if we go into night with a Mafia roleblocker alive, we're in trouble again. It's math, pure and simple.
Commodore Amazing wrote:Question - Do we have Stewie shoot if we lynch the mafia roleblocker? That would put us at (at worst; even if you don't believe me that Nightfall is scum) 5 people in the next round, with 2 of them scum. At best, it puts us at 5 people next round, with two scum (mikeburnfire and Nightfall) dead. Then we can lynch wrong on one of Seol and Stoofer (or myself, God forbid) and still win. I really like this plan, and I hope the committee can see that mikeburnfire is scum. We have a lot to gain if you've got the guts to take out the scum roleblocker.
These are my thoughts too. Lynch MBF, have Stewie shoot.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by Nightfall »

CA could you answer my question, before you go spitting out more stuff for me to question you on?

- Stoofer never said you should be quiet, or that they don't want to hear your ramblings.
- If I was scum, and I did think that "since I went through all this work, might as well go on pretending I'm a cop." , do you not think that I would have enough of a brain to figure out a much easier way to have stayed clean? What if I claimed townie? what then, there had been two townie claims before me, would another townie claim look that odd in the bunch? No. Had I been scum I could have easily done that, much like I'm thinking you have, but no I claimed Cop. A role that a fellow townie has already had at that. If I was scum faking a claim, I would think that I would give up the work that I did setting up the cop claim, and claim townie rather than still claim cop, where I would have to go through stuff like this (so much more work) to try and prove it.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:37 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I have never been in a game where a non-sane cop was merely called "cop" in his death scene.
The horror movie mini I was in a little while back listed our cop as "townie" on his deathbed...
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:47 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Commodore Amazing wrote:@Falcone - Nightfall and mikeburnfire are lying about their roles. They planned it together last night.
Not to burst your bubble, but I DIDN'T "mess up". I blocked Nightfall on the first night, not the second. He's lying, and needs to be killed for it.

Even if I wasn’t the roleblocker, it wouldn’t automatically make me a mafia roleblocker. I'll try to post later today after school because there seems to be a conspiracy to throw suspicion on me.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:59 pm

Post by Seol »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:@Falcone - Nightfall and mikeburnfire are lying about their roles. They planned it together last night.
Not to burst your bubble, but I DIDN'T "mess up". I blocked Nightfall on the first night, not the second. He's lying, and needs to be killed for it.
Well, there we go - at least one of you and Nightfall is definitely lying. I have less faith in Nightfall, but -
Seol wrote:Even if I wasn’t the roleblocker, it wouldn’t automatically make me a mafia roleblocker. I'll try to post later today after school because there seems to be a conspiracy to throw suspicion on me.
The thing is, if you
are
the Mafia roleblocker, and we lynch a townie, then the town is screwed.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:58 pm

Post by Falcone »

Wow, that's a lot of new information. From what I can see, either Mike is scum or Nightfall is scum. I'm too drunk right now to decide, I just take note of the fact that Commodore was confident enough to vote for someone. More analysis in the morning. By the way, I like this game...
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:28 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Falcone wrote: By the way, I like this game...
Why, thank you. I really like the way this game has been going too- 17 pages and counting and we're still on day 3. Kudos to all players- regardless of alignment- for the great posting that has been going on in this game. Keep it up! :D
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by Stewie »

This is a pretty sticky situation. We know that either mike or nightfall is lying (or even both). I doubt it's both, because if that was the case mike would have probably corrected himself, but at least we narrowed it down to two, which is what we wanted to do. Now we have a bit of a dilema... nightfall seemed scummier throughout the game, but if mike is scum it is really important that we get rid of him.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:02 pm

Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:This combined with the fact that Nightfall and mikeburnfire involved you in their little blocking + cop scheme is making me very uneasy about you.
Why are you so sure they're both lying?
I'm working off the assumption that I'm not the only vanilla townie left. It doesn't seem like the worst assumption. Let me go back through the thread and check on Nightfall/mikeburnfire interactions. I know that at some point, Nightfall asked if the town would think that a roleblocker was a scummy claim. That sounds like he's trying to feel out the town for his scum pal. I'll find more specific stuff later.

Also, Nightfall's so obviously a scumbag. As far as the other one, mikeburnfire was the last to claim, didn't wait for the mass claim, and he claimed the only common pro-town role that hadn't been claimed yet. Almost as if he wanted to beat the real pro-town roleblocker to the punch if there was one. I should have waited to see how mikeburnfire reacted to Nightfall saying mikeburnfire blocked him on the wrong night, but whatever. My guess is that mikeburnfire saw that I thought they were both scum and decided to say "oh well, my partner's finished. Might as well join this bandwagon and hope they don't realize it's a sacrifice." But we realize it, don't we? One wrong lynch and we probably lose. The scum can afford to lose a couple before the game's over.
Nightfall wrote:CA could you answer my question, before you go spitting out more stuff for me to question you on?
Pardon my discourtesy for neglecting your questions, but I tend to put "answering questions from obvious scum" much lower on my priority list than "figuring out who the third scum is." I believe your question had something to do with how I know how many vanilla townies are in the game. Let's go over the scenarios:

Oh, crap, I just realized that I had forgotten about Sineish. Why didn't someone tell me that I was forgetting Sineish?! That's twice this game I've totally screwed up my analysis. And here Falcone was calling this a good game. For that screening test, we'll have to include questions like "If you are a townie and one townie is already dead, how many townies is that?" If anyone gets that wrong, they have to wait a year before signing up for a game. How embarrassing.

Even so, there's just
so
much power on the side of the town and no evidence that there's a SK (Stewie would be suicidal to claim vig as SK when he knows the mafia will want him dead).

Going back to look for more substantial stuff on Nightfall and mikeburnfire besides Nightfall asking if mikeburnfire's claim would be okay with the town...
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:10 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

As far as the other one, mikeburnfire was the last to claim, didn't wait for the mass claim, and he claimed the only common pro-town role that hadn't been claimed yet.
Actually, CA, I was NOT the last to claim. Didn't wait for the 'mass claim'? Hell, I kicked it off. And yeah, I claimed one of the few pro-town roles that haven't been claimed. I did it because that's what I am. If I were mafia, I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim roleblocker when I was doing a perfectly good job as an ordinary townie. But I'm a firm believer in LYNCH ALL LIARS rule, so I revealed myself. I blocked Nightfall on night one because all he did when I asked for a defense was repeat himself. I blocked Stewie because he cast the final vote on the second day, after making sure only one more was needed.

As for Nightfall "Feeling out the town" for me, he was likely feeling out the town for himself. Afterall, there was so much power on the town's side that I would have easily believed him to be a Naive, Insane, or Paranoid cop to even out the sides until he screwed up.

I think Nightfall telling me I made a mistake (yeah, as if I'd forget my own actions) was a way to throw suspicion on me as he commited suicide. Seems like it worked. Afterall, "One wrong lynch and we probably lose."

I was going to write a longer post because I have a theory that Nightfall and CA are in cahoots, but I just failed a trigonometry test and don't feel up to it. Maybe tomorrow.

Stewie, I already pointed out that even if I was lying about being a pro-town roleblocker, it doesn't make me a mafia-roleblocker.

Mod, I like this game too, even when I'm not drunk! :wink:
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by Seol »

mikeburnfire wrote:As for Nightfall "Feeling out the town" for me, he was likely feeling out the town for himself. Afterall, there was so much power on the town's side that I would have easily believed him to be a Naive, Insane, or Paranoid cop to even out the sides until he screwed up.
What do you mean, even out the sides? How do you know how powerful the Mafia are?
mikeburnfire wrote:Stewie, I already pointed out that even if I was lying about being a pro-town roleblocker, it doesn't make me a mafia-roleblocker.
At least one of you and Nightfall is lying. If Nightfall
isn't
lying, then that means a) you're scum and b) there is a roleblocker. Therefore, I think the chances of you not being a roleblocker are pretty slim - although that doesn't implicate you as scum.
Commodore Amazing wrote:I know that at some point, Nightfall asked if the town would think that a roleblocker was a scummy claim. That sounds like he's trying to feel out the town for his scum pal. I'll find more specific stuff later.
And mikeburnfire claimed RB
the very next post
after I said they were pretty standard. Maybe it's coincidence - hell, maybe Nightfall was trying to undermine potential RB claims and mikeburnfire panicked - but it's interesting.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:27 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I certainly wasn't trying to stop anyone talking: I was just saying that once the lynch committee have decided what to did its up to every honest pro-town player to abide by their decision.

But I'll be upset if their decision doesn't involve lynching mikeburnfire, a.k.a. Scummy McScummington. I think the point that CA was trying to make, which I agree with, is that he claimed roleblocker out of the blue, to try to pre-empt the "real" pro-town roleblocker. As it happened it wasn't necesary since their isn't a pro-town roleblocker.

Nothing I've read since my last post makes me think that the scum is any other than Nightfall, mikeburnfire and Seol.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 am

Post by Falcone »

My thoughts:

1) There's no way there are two sane cops in this game. Therefore, either Ibaesha wasn't sane (no evidence for that in her role description), Nightfall isn't sane (which would likely make Stoofer scum) or Nightfall is a lying mafia member.

2) One of Mike or Nightfall is scum. It would surprise me greatly if they were both scum though. I agree with Stewie that Nightfall has been more suspicious earlier, but that it's more important to lynch Mike if he really is a scum roleblocker. I have to say that Nightfall has been more convincing in his story than Mike. It's mostly the fact that Mike said: "Even if I'm not a pro-town blocker, that doesn't mean I'm a scum blocker", that makes me very suspicious. It seems logical to me that a mafia blocker would claim roleblocker, rather than vanilla townie. One thing that bothers me, is that I don't see why he would lie about his night choices, even if he were scum.

3) I noticed immediately what Nightfall was doing in his first post today (spelling "block" with the first letters on each line). So I don't agree with Commodore that hiding clues like that is useless if he was a real cop, because no one would find them. My first thought was that he meant he was a roleblocker himself, especially when he asked how common roleblockers are in Mini's. That's the reason why I FOS'sed him on Day 3 without giving a reason.

4) I was more or less convinced of Stoofers innocence before (no clear reason, just a feeling I had), but now he seems to emphasize a little too hard that the "lynching committee" must decide and that anyone who doesn't follow them, must be scum. He seems to be trying too hard to be friends with the three of us, so that we don't lynch him.

5) Commodore is suspicious as hell to me right now. He keeps saying that Mike and Nightfall must be scum together, he keeps making stupid mistakes (ok, so the last one he pointed out himself, but still) and this quote made me really suspicious:
Commodore Amazing wrote:
He is the first to vote in or at least near a Lynch or Lose situation, but his justification is even worse. If he knows that lynching the roleblocker is better, why doesn't he vote for him? There is no way that Nightfall and Mike are both townies, so if we are wrong about Nightfall, Mike isn't going to save us. I know he did that before Mike confirmed his N1 block of Nightfall, but for an attentive reader it was already clear that one of them had to be lying. Hmm, thinking about it some more makes it even more incriminating: If the two of them are innocent, together with the three of the lynching committee, then who's the scum...?

I need more time to decide on this. By all means, keep talking so I can make up my mind who we should lynch here.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Seol wrote:What do you mean, even out the sides? How do you know how powerful the Mafia are?
I assumed the mafia had some sort of comphensation for the fact that the town has a cop, a doc, a roleblock, 3 masons, and started in day. Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the mod just decided the town needed to be overpowered.
At least one of you and Nightfall is lying. If Nightfall
isn't
lying, then that means a) you're scum and b) there is a roleblocker.
Okay, I understand now. I didn't consider this because I didn't consider Nightfall innocent in the least.
Mr Stoofer wrote:But I'll be upset if their decision doesn't involve lynching mikeburnfire, a.k.a. Scummy McScummington. I think the point that CA was trying to make, which I agree with, is that he claimed roleblocker out of the blue, to try to pre-empt the "real" pro-town roleblocker.
So far I've been accused of:
1) claiming because I panicked
2) being the last one to claim
3) claiming before I should have
4) hiding behind Nightfall
and now...
5) trying to pre-empt a real roleblocker

Yet, none of these are right. I claimed roleblocker because it felt like it would benefit the town the most. I weighed the choices very carefully. If I stayed 'townie', then suspicion would pass me up and I had the chance of roleblocking a few people in the night phase. But everyone kept saying that 'any information would be beneficial to the town', so I bit the bullet and came out. And I'm glad I did, dispite what you all say, because it disproved somebody else.

Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:59 am

Post by Falcone »

So you are saying that you seriously considered false claiming as a townie? :shock: Also, you claimed roleblocker "because it felt like it would benefit the town the most"? I'd think you'd claim roleblocker because you
were
a roleblocker.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:10 am

Post by Seol »

Falcone wrote: If he knows that lynching the roleblocker is better, why doesn't he vote for him? There is no way that Nightfall and Mike are both townies, so if we are wrong about Nightfall, Mike isn't going to save us.
I can't believe I didn't notice this before. If Commodore is even
entertaining
the possibility that they're both townies - which is the only possible interpretation of that comment, other than he's misdirecting us - that means he
can't
be town.
mikeburnfire wrote:
Seol wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Afterall, there was so much power on the town's side that I would have easily believed him to be a Naive, Insane, or Paranoid cop to even out the sides until he screwed up.
What do you mean, even out the sides? How do you know how powerful the Mafia are?
I assumed the mafia had some sort of comphensation for the fact that the town has a cop, a doc, a roleblock, 3 masons, and started in day. Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the mod just decided the town needed to be overpowered.
And yet you're using "evening out the sides", based on the perceived makeup of the town... to justify conclusions about the makeup of the town.
mikeburnfire wrote:But everyone kept saying that 'any information would be beneficial to the town', so I bit the bullet and came out. And I'm glad I did, dispite what you all say, because it disproved somebody else.
We were saying information would be beneficial to the town
in the context of discussing a mass claim
. Why didn't you wait until the (pretty much) inevitable mass claim before jumping in with your role?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:35 am

Post by d8P »

I anagrammed Falcone's name in the same post as the one where I mentioned Choco. (game post 44, or post subject: 1 filtered for just mine)
Fighting for your li
fe can lo
se its appeal if you're not doing it amongst friends? Ah! That's it!
The e in the anagram is the 52nd e of the post.
Then I anagrammed it again in game post 60 or, filtered, post subject 3.
I'll feel responsible for dividing the town on an out of game issue if this escalates, which it will by h
alf once
scum get wind of it.
This time the e is the 24th e of the post, and finally I put his name as the 4th e of game post 61 (filtered post 4)

Extra clues:
I worded that post to have no e's before the word reference in that post, which I deliberately misspelled. I used the words "unusual paragraph" which is the title of a very famous puzzle in the form of a paragraph with no e's. Finally I referenced the positions of the e's in the number 52,244. Press the quote button on post 61 and you'll see that the 4 is special: it looks like this: 52,24[*color=black]4[/*color] without the asterisks. This was to divide the number into the blocks 52, 24, 4 - the positions of the e's in the three posts I've mentioned here.

OK, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I couldn't help it once I'd started. :P Besides I wanted to use a completely different method to hide your name but felt just anagramming it might not be enough.

Either 1. mike or 2. NF is scum or 3. they both are. I think it'd be ridiculous play for them to counter claim each other without the need, so I'm ruling out number three provisionally. If the one we lynch turns out town, Stewie should vig kill the other.

Both have given plausible reasons for their night actions. Neither of them needed to claim what they did.

I think the safest play is to lynch the blocker, as Stewie wouldn't be able to vig him should NF turn out town.

Now for our three "townies", CA, Seol and Stoofer. This makes two of them scum.

If we only lynch today and Stewie dies, as no doubt he will since he'd be too much of a threat to scum, we're in a worse position tomorrow (2 confirmed townies out of six, possibly 3 if we include the one we don't lynch today, and 2 scum). This means we'd have to lynch or lose tomorrow, without back up. And we're back to having 50-50 odds of hitting scum.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 am

Seol wrote:
Falcone wrote: If he knows that lynching the roleblocker is better, why doesn't he vote for him? There is no way that Nightfall and Mike are both townies, so if we are wrong about Nightfall, Mike isn't going to save us.
I can't believe I didn't notice this before. If Commodore is even
entertaining
the possibility that they're both townies - which is the only possible interpretation of that comment, other than he's misdirecting us - that means he
can't
be town.
Nice try, Seol, jumping on Falcone's suspicion of me like that. First of all, my vote came
before
mikeburnfire confirmed the contradiction between him and Nightfall. I thought it was a mistake. Second, I didn't even come up with the idea of lynching the roleblocker instead of Nightfall until the post
after
I voted (402 vs. 406). I'd be happy to lynch mikeburnfire instead of Nightfall. Third, I didn't think the lynching committee would go for lynching the claimed roleblocker. I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town, but they might look at mikeburnfire as a second chance if we get the lynch wrong. In that case, I figured they'd want to go for the obvious scum: Nightfall.

@d8P - that's ridiculous. I actually did see the "half once" when I was trying to figure out who the third mason was, but I figured there was no way that was your clue. I just figured it out from the fact that everyone else either voted for a mason or was voted for by a mason.

@All the masons - Why
wouldn't
they contradict each other? We only need to get one lynch wrong. We're not even sure that mikeburnfire is the scum roleblocker; it could be Nightfall or Seol. If contradicting each other is going to convince the town that
only
one of them is scum, then of course they're going to do it. In my last game with Nightfall, I was scum and I suggested we contradict each other to make the other one look less scummy. It's a good tactic when you have scum to spare. Don't fall for it.

Here's what I found in interactions between mikeburnfire and Nightfall - first of all, pull up all of mikeburnfire's posts and you'll see him throwing suspicion on Nightfall all over the place without ever voting him until it looks like Nightfall's not getting out of the lynch. He has this lovely post, which is worded just so his scum buddy Nightfall can try to give him a reason to unvote. This is after Nightfall says, "What more does anyone want from me?"
With my emphasis, mikeburnfire wrote:What more? How about explaining your votes, your suspicions, your reasons, and pointing out any of your previous actions that could possibly clear your name?
I don't think you realize, but you're becoming eerily close to being the first lynch
, yet your posts are abrupt and infrequent.
That's kind of a weird thing to say, isn't it? Kind of like, "Get your act together so we don't lynch you."

Day two starts, and mikeburnfire doesn't go after Nightfall anymore; he just lurks for a while until something new comes up.
He also has this suspicion of me... I decided I'd try to find out where this was coming from. Go ahead and pull up his posts... where does he mention me? Nowhere, except suddenly I'm on the top of his list today. Why is he suspicious of me? No reason. Really, there's no reason.

As far as Nightfall - he doesn't really interact with mikeburnfire at all. It's a good thing to keep your distance from your scum buddies.

As far as the third scum buddy - almost certainly Seol. If you reread day one, Seol comes out of nowhere with his attack on vIQleS when it looks like Nightfall is going to die. I think that's very important and very obvious. Make sure you catch it. I'm more certain of the Seol + Nightfall combo than I am of the MBF + Nightfall combo. It's possible Stoofer's in there with Seol and Nightfall.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”