Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Yates »

In post 111, Kublai Khan wrote:Except you did. If Jason has any flavor, then he's not a VT.

Ok. This is a mostly fair point though I think my point above remains true. If you are a VT and your name is Voldemort, then what Jason was speculating would make sense. Conversely, if you are VT Uncle Vernon Dursley it makes no sense to make this speculation. That's all I meant by flavor matching the role. Anyway, I didn't want him to tell me any of that I just wanted to know why he didn't do this.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 am

Post by Yates »

In post 124, Benmage wrote:^So long as AV keeps sheeping me :P (inb4sheepedKKdamnuKK)

Bah. No one should EVER sheep you. Ever. Except when you agree with me.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 122, Benmage wrote:@Cyber - Speculating on PRs.. really never good. Just a lot of discussion surrounding the outted PGO Acos. Speculating on alignment...?? Welcome to mafia?

Sorry I meant the alignment based on the name, ie Solid Snake must be Town because he's a "good guy" in the videogame.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 119, Kublai Khan wrote:@Cybertronix - Why'd you unvote your random vote?

I wanted to take another look and I didn't know there was a case on Yates. Just at work, so I can answer some questions but I'll take my time later to take a detailed look.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Tammy »

Whew finally got some free time. Maybe if I lived at Hogwart's time would be easier to come by.

Not sure why Zoroaster or Zabriel jumped on Jason for voting Acosmist over a misunderstanding of Snake. Don't know why they would assume that he was scum because he didn't read the flavor or more importantly because he quickly jumped on it by voting. I don't really buy into the town-tell of not knowing flavor because those things can be easily faked, but I agree with KK that it did seem rather genuine. What made it genuine was his quick jump on it...not really sure where Zoroaster is getting quick decisiveness as being a scum tell. Jumping immediately at something that seems wrong to you more often comes from town in my experience.

The Acosmist PGO discussion is rather boring, but it needs to be had. BloodCovenent did bring up a legitimate discussion topic and I'm super weary of the people who jumped on him by voting him for that. Not sure how it's a redirection of the Jason/Zabriel issue, which should have never been a discussion in the first place according to Shahrizai in . Although it was silly for him to suggest a lynch by day three, but the fact is if this game is heading into LyLo and Acosmist is still alive, what to do will need to be a topic of discussion. What bothers me about BloodCovenent's suggestion, is that he doesn't actually give his perspective. He says "should we do this...what do you think?" but never offers his opinion on the situation. I'd feel loads better about him if he'd suggested this and given his opinion and then taken his lumps if he was wrong rather than bring it up and call it a serious discussion but not actually weigh in...at all.

@ Peregrine
I saw you take this same stance regarding the PGO towards Quadz in Otherworld. Did your perspective not change even a little, after the doctor derped and healed Quadz thereby killing himself and almost clearing my partner who had been blocked that night and would have been confirmed scum but for the added kill?

Thing is I'll trade not having scum kill themselves by attempting to kill a PGO over having the doctor kill themselves every time.

Wow that rapidcanyon self vote was superbad. Thoughts? Unless he's an alt, he's pretty new, maybe he thinks he's being clever or something? Hurm...

Benmage is reminding me of the game we just died in where he was town, but he always points out how perfect his scum game is, so I'll probably just wait for someone who actually knows how to read him and sheep that. One thing I do know is though, sheeping Benmage is not a good idea :P

Leaning town on Jason, and my strongest town read right now is Kublai Kahn, which is throwing me off. Normally when the only experience I have of someone is them being scum I have a hard time getting a read, but he genuinely seems like he's trying to read people instead of exploit things as scummy.

Support the Yates wagon though not necessarily for the role fishing thing. The line of questioning is odd, but what I remember from him in Heroes of Comedy is that he has a rather odd way of thinking/questioning things. He was scum in that game though so I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. What does bother me is his ready jump onto the BloodCovenent wagon in without actually reasoning out what BloodCovenent suggested or why. Something about it just struck me as really disingenuous.

VOTE: Zabriel Why'd you quietly unvote Jason after Benmage asked you why you were still voting him and not vote anyone else yet opt to push the Yates wagon along by agreeing that he looks like he's role fishing?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 81, Yates wrote:That isn't a role fish and you know it. I never asked him for his role OR his character name. It's a simple exercise. If you are going to speculate that roles may not match flavor, wouldn't you check yourself before posting?

So Jason says that we shouldn't assume Snake is even in this game and that even if Snake is in the game we shouldn't assume its a town role/scum role. You then ask if he has flavor that backs this up.

Thats deffiantly a fish. Tell me, how would knowing Jason's flavor help you in scum hunting?

In post 86, PeregrineV wrote:I don't see where Jason town telled.

Of course he coud be faking it here but scum are usally more careful so Jason missing something big earned him some town knuts.

In post 114, Benmage wrote:
Jason
... that rc vote couldn't really suck any harder.

Nowhere more useful to put it?

You know PV also voted RC. Why the selective scumhunting?

Mod-If its not too much trouble could you but vote couts in order from highest to lowest. E.X.

jasonT1981 - 3 (zabriel, Zoroaster, AurorusVox)
rapidcanyon - 3 (rapidcanyon, PeregrineV, jasonT1981)
BloodCovenant - 3 (Shahrizai, Yates, I Am Innocent)
Zoroaster - 2 (ThAdmiral, Nero Cain)
Yates - 2 (Kublai Khan, Benmage)
Amrun - 1 (Melmond)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)

@Zabriel
-Why are you ignoring everything? I mean eventhough KK's vote on you was on page 1 I didn't think it was "RVS" and I thought it was a srs accusation. And then you accused me off jumping off a Jason wagon that I never joined but you have no response to my accusation?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is Zoroaster and zoraster the same person?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:47 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 130, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 114, Benmage wrote:
Jason
... that rc vote couldn't really suck any harder.

Nowhere more useful to put it?

You know PV also voted RC. Why the selective scumhunting?

Its called focus.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 129, Tammy wrote:
Support the Yates wagon though not necessarily for the role fishing thing. The line of questioning is odd, but what I remember from him in Heroes of Comedy is that he has a rather odd way of thinking/questioning things. He was scum in that game though so I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. What does bother me is his ready jump onto the BloodCovenent wagon in without actually reasoning out what BloodCovenent suggested or why. Something about it just struck me as really disingenuous.

Nice open-ended setup to hop on to the Yates wagon when needed.

VOTE: Zabriel Why'd you quietly unvote Jason after Benmage asked you why you were still voting him and not vote anyone else yet opt to push the Yates wagon along by agreeing that he looks like he's role fishing?

Look at Zabriels iso... Noob with the game over his head?
-I have a tough time reading the inexperienced. But I think the attempt at being coy (selfvoting) as a noob, is a towntell. And everything is rather noobtelling than alignment telling.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Nero,
why did you vote zoarster?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 133, Benmage wrote:

Your point?

-I have a tough time reading the inexperienced. But I think the attempt at being coy (selfvoting) as a noob, is a towntell. And everything is rather noobtelling than alignment telling.[/quote]

He didn't self-vote. Rapidcanyon did.

Why are you rushing to defend people before there is a chance to get them to respond, and get a read on them?
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Post by zabriel »

I don't know. I'm used to smaller games and I've been playing high lately. As a general rule, early on day one I like to leave my vote unattached when I'm thinking about stuff.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 134, Benmage wrote:
Nero,
why did you vote zoarster?

Why not? I don't like any of the three players on Jason but I'm ignoring AV a bit since his reads are
ALWAYS
terrible and his lack of good voting isn't alignment telling. But with Zabriel ignoring another post its time we pressure and seriously consider lynching him.

vote:Zabriel

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:33 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 135, Tammy wrote:

benmage wrote:
-I have a tough time reading the inexperienced. But I think the attempt at being coy (selfvoting) as a noob, is a towntell. And everything is rather noobtelling than alignment telling.

Why are you rushing to defend people before there is a chance to get them to respond, and get a read on them?

My mistake on the selfvote. Iso still reads bleh. I'll make the read noobnull over noob town tho.

I wouldn't really call this a defense. I'm active, bored, freetime =activity. You act like this is the first game you've seen me... whats up with that?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Benmage »

Your point?

Why not join the lead wagon now? Keep the train trucking. Why waste time with that peasant vote? You can pressure him without voting if that's your little hearts desire.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh and if you can't read between the lines. I also found it scummy/you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Benmage »

Tammy, is yates your partner?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Alright alright, I know Im spamming... I'm going to walk away now. Butttttt:
In post 136, zabriel wrote: and I've been playing high lately.

Are you talking about be high like smoking marijuana and playing?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 138, Benmage wrote:

benmage wrote:

My mistake on the selfvote. Iso still reads bleh. I'll make the read noobnull over noob town tho.

I wouldn't really call this a defense. I'm active, bored, freetime =activity. You act like this is the first game you've seen me... whats up with that?

Actually not doing that at all. In fact, I said you're reminding me of the game we just played in, but you're making me a bit more paranoid than you were in the previous games. In the games I have experience with, you actually seem like your trying to read people in a genuine way. Here, not so much. You seem more interested in making people appear scummy than reading them.

But, yes, you've done it twice now. Jason was questioning Rapidcanyon and you told him his vote was bad thereby basically negating his line of inquiry. You did the same with my attempt to read Zabriel. You might not be able to read people with little experience, but I'm pretty decent at it and you gave him an out by pointing out his start date and providing for him an excuse and an answer to the question that he didn't have to answer himself.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 143, Tammy wrote:
But, yes, you've done it twice now. Jason was questioning Rapidcanyon and you told him his vote was bad thereby basically negating his line of inquiry.

Line of inquiry? The ship sinks. Thats how titanic ends. If you've seen it once you've seen it a million times. Whats he going to get out of rc's selfvote and going 'thoughts'... Jason didn't give an inquisition he just voted. Whats RC going to say? What makes selfvoting scummy in the rvs? Jason will go, gee I don't know. End of story. Lets get to the meat of the game. Jasons vote sucked. Any inquiry on selfvoting will suck.

In everygame people answer stupid questions not directed at them. THEY question UNEXPLAINED votes on people who aren't voting them. You should have seen this a million times.... Helll even KK had to be told by Yates to stop answering for Jason, because Yates was waiting for a specific response.

Point is..... IT HAPPENS.

(meant to walk away :shifty: )
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 139, Benmage wrote:

Your point?

Why not join the lead wagon now? Keep the train trucking. Why waste time with that peasant vote? You can pressure him without voting if that's your little hearts desire.

Because I don't want to. Now you're acting like this is the first game you've seen me in. What's up with that? If I wanted to vote Yates, I would. And I almost did for the reason I don't like about Yates; however, I don't agree with the reason for the wagon building. I'm having trouble reconciling scum Yates with this line of questioning he's been going through. I would imagine he would back down a bit and stop being so insistent about it as it's getting him votes. So, until I have a better read on him, I'm not voting him.

Why waste time? Are you serious? It's two days into day one...on page six. There is no wasting time in trying to get early reads.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:08 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 140, Benmage wrote:Oh and if you can't read between the lines. I also found it scummy/you.

Ditto bub. Because jumping on the wagon after you've defended an action (rolefishing not coming from scum the majority of time) is so protown :roll:

Oh forgot...this is Benmage.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:13 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 141, Benmage wrote:Tammy, is yates your partner?

I don't have a partner. Don't be ridiculous. When did you get your super scum read on Yates, and what's it for?

In post 144, Benmage wrote:
In post 143, Tammy wrote:
But, yes, you've done it twice now. Jason was questioning Rapidcanyon and you told him his vote was bad thereby basically negating his line of inquiry.

Line of inquiry? The ship sinks. Thats how titanic ends. If you've seen it once you've seen it a million times. Whats he going to get out of rc's selfvote and going 'thoughts'... Jason didn't give an inquisition he just voted. Whats RC going to say? What makes selfvoting scummy in the rvs? Jason will go, gee I don't know. End of story. Lets get to the meat of the game. Jasons vote sucked. Any inquiry on selfvoting will suck.

In everygame people answer stupid questions not directed at them. THEY question UNEXPLAINED votes on people who aren't voting them. You should have seen this a million times.... Helll even KK had to be told by Yates to stop answering for Jason, because Yates was waiting for a specific response.

Point is..... IT HAPPENS.

(meant to walk away :shifty: )

Doesn't matter. It's early day one, the questions and votes often suck and are for bad reasons. It's not that you answered questions not directed at people, but you actively went out of your way to stop people from getting reads by your interjections. I get it Benmage, you have this "I'm the boss" persona, it still doesn't make it okay for you to stop people from trying to get reads on people and giving them an out.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 139, Benmage wrote:You can pressure him without voting if that's your little hearts desire.

Sure but a vote is a much better indication of desire then say a FOS or questioning. Lets say Tammy did pressure Zab without a vote. I can almost guarantee that someone would be all like "oh Tammy you's so scummy. Why u b attackin' Zab with no votes?!?" So its like a damned if she does, damned if she doesn't situation.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 144, Benmage wrote:Jason didn't give an inquisition he just voted

Ummm no, wrong. I actually did inquire alongside my vote as to why he wanted us to talk about him and his vote when there was actual game content he could have discussed. Instead it was self vote- discuss.

In post 96, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 25, rapidcanyon wrote:VOTE: Rapidcanyon

Thoughts?

My thoughts on this are quite simple.

Why would you self vote, and ask people their thoughts on it, which all in all is pretty worthless and completely avoid giving your thoughts as to what was already a pretty big topic of discussion going on it the game at the time of your post?

you ask for thoughts on something stupid, yet fail to give your thoughts on anything serious.

And that is my thoughts.

VOTE: rapidcanyon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”