Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by zabriel »

I'm willing to believe Acosmist here. Nero's criticism of the jason wagon comes off as a little funny after he just jumped off it.

That being said, it would be way too terribad if he did that as scum, so I'm going to say town here.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 41, Benmage wrote:I think I'd rather do a MOD meta of Pappums... I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea of a PGO. AND SOLID SNAKE????? Dudes the muthafuckin l33t assassin.... PGO??? PGO??? You're looking at a JoaT, strongarm vig... Something like that, but PGO....... doubting it tbh.

Re-reading but this sticks out to me.

Even though it is a theme game, it is not always wise to assume roles based on characters. I have seen theme games were main characters were bad guys in mafia games. Games were bad guys in shows were town in games.

Role guessing based on actual characteristics is pretty short sighted. As it is a theme game, I don't think it is wise right now trying to make any sense of things until later flips where we can anazilze things better..

but right now, I am not willing to assume a Snake claim should be a certain way in a mafia game, because that is how he is in a video game or movie franchise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 70, Melmond wrote:Jason's "townslip" is null to me. I think it could go either way.

I agree with this however, unless Jason starts acting scummy I'm willing to give him town Knuts.

zabriel wrote:Nero's criticism of the jason wagon comes off as a little funny after he just jumped off it.

No. Just no. I didn't join any Jason wagon. Yes I voted Jason but that was just RVS. You earn 5 scum Sickles for trying to rewrite history.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by Yates »

@jason - Are you questioning this because your flavor doesn't match your role?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are you role fishing?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 79, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you role fishing?

flavor fishing. Glad someone else found it to be a scummy post.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Yates »

That isn't a role fish and you know it. I never asked him for his role OR his character name. It's a simple exercise. If you are going to speculate that roles
may not
match flavor, wouldn't you check yourself before posting?
Please pm me to pre-in
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 74, Yates wrote:
In post 72, Acosmist wrote:Yates: Your opinion on post 63, please.

lol - did you see me reading?

63 looks like a throw away wifom post that isn't worth commenting on [until there are too many]. I won't be sheeping Benmage any time soon, though, that's for sure.

As to your claim? I'll believe you are Town until I see play that suggests otherwise. I think claiming PGO out of the gate is good policy if you are Town and will likely get you killed prior to lylo if you are scum. I know you know this and know you would think through a fake claim based on the one time we were scum together. I hope it works out.

I wanted you to compare it to something you did as scum before. Too vague?
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 73, jasonT1981 wrote:Could you actually give your views on it please? All you did was quote it and say your rvs vote is now a real one. and now ask for others views.

What about that post makes your RVS vote, real?
What about that post comes across as scummy?
Why did you not give any reasons as to why your rvs vote is now a real vote in your post 66?

I'll get around to it. Not right now.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 82, Acosmist wrote:I wanted you to compare it to something you did as scum before. Too vague?

No, I got ya. Baseline actually
was
SK in that game, though. So that was scum-preservation on my part. I feel like it's too early for Benmage to have an SK vibe on you since we have no idea what our opposition forces are yet.
Please pm me to pre-in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Kublai Khan

Just had to be done.

I'll read now.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

I don't see where Jason town telled. I know nothing about Metal Gear Solid, so snake stuff means nothing. That don't make me town.

@Acomist-Ben kind of summed it up. Get scum to target you through exceptional town play thereby killing them, no act scummy thereby making town roles target you.

@Khan- feel like Ben is more than anything else

@rapidcanyon- my thought is you're scum

Vote: Rapidcanyon
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Why don't all scum just not act scummy?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 87, Acosmist wrote:Why don't all scum just not act scummy?

I think you're missing the point. Whats to stop scum from claiming PGO in a game?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Amrun »

hi sorry, catch up later
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 66, Acosmist wrote:
Whewwwwwwwww boy, my RVS vote is now a real vote.

I don't see the issue here. Yes I'm being talkative. Its early, there's not much to talk about. I hate vagueness like this post of yours. Explain to me your problem with this post or me, as if I were a 5 year old.

Nice: post 73

In post 74, Yates wrote: I won't be sheeping Benmage any time soon, though, that's for sure.

You should reconsider... who else could you possibly have as a better town read than me?

In post 83, Acosmist wrote:
I'll get around to it. Not right now.

:shifty: ... Letsa...Lets make this a priority please. That's how games progress.

In post 88, PeregrineV wrote:

I think you're missing the point. Whats to stop scum from claiming PGO in a game?

TY.

-Amrun, just sheep me :wink: .
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 am

Post by Yates »

In post 88, PeregrineV wrote:Whats to stop scum from claiming PGO in a game?

Nothing. BUT - best case scenario you know you are signing up to be killed in LYLO. Also, as others have pointed out, if you play scummy the Town has no reason to wait until LYLO. So you basically paint a target on your back and have everyone paying attention to every one of your posts looking for reasons to get rid of you so you have to play Townie McTownerson. As scum, this is a pretty big gamble. Plus, Acosmist claimed right out of the shoot so he also risked the "real PGO" counter claiming. I realize PGO doesn't occur with that much regularity, but it happens enough that it was a risk. These are just some of the reasons I believe his claim.

Also, playing over the top obv Town as PGO could lead to death of a Doctor or BG or Cop or Investigator or... I don't know if historically it plays out this way but I suspect that non-claiming PGO's likely kill more Town than Scum by not claiming specifically because I think there are more chances of Town visiting you than scum. But that's just a guess. I would personally claim in my first post if I were PGO.

PE: That would be sheeping you not him, right? I don't understand. Who's the shepherd?
Please pm me to pre-in
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh did you mean you won't be sheeping, and voting me?

-Anyways on the PGO thing. Yes In a large theme game like this I would claim PGO as well. That said, as a badass risky scum maneuver (which sometimes ya gotta do) claiming PGO is almost the next evolution of the fakeclaim opening Miller claim. KK did it with success, as did Faraday's(partner under his guidance). Don't know who else or how many failures, but that's irrelevant. To take a subpar partner and give them such a fakeclaim can push them further endgame than the may have. Why auto lynch lylo? And as I was saying. People are onto the Miller fakeclaim. People will analyze and not write that off because people have used it before. I know of no incidents of fake PGO claims. But a PGO claim doesn't just ward off cops like Miller claims. It wards off every single PR out there, (and says scum will never NK me).

Anyways I'm sure this point is made now... Bordem is boring.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 am

Post by Benmage »

@zabriel
why are you still voting Jason?
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:38 am

Post by Cybertronix »

UNVOTE:

I'll catch up later today.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 92, Benmage wrote:Oh did you mean you won't be sheeping, and voting me?

-Anyways on the PGO thing. Yes In a large theme game like this I would claim PGO as well. That said, as a badass risky scum maneuver (which sometimes ya gotta do) claiming PGO is almost the next evolution of the fakeclaim opening Miller claim. KK did it with success, as did Faraday's(partner under his guidance). Don't know who else or how many failures, but that's irrelevant. To take a subpar partner and give them such a fakeclaim can push them further endgame than the may have. Why auto lynch lylo? And as I was saying. People are onto the Miller fakeclaim. People will analyze and not write that off because people have used it before. I know of no incidents of fake PGO claims. But a PGO claim doesn't just ward off cops like Miller claims. It wards off every single PR out there, (and says scum will never NK me).

Anyways I'm sure this point is made now... Bordem is boring.

Where are you getting the idea I'd be the subpar partner?

Are you confusing me with someone else?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 25, rapidcanyon wrote:VOTE: Rapidcanyon

Thoughts?

My thoughts on this are quite simple.

Why would you self vote, and ask people their thoughts on it, which all in all is pretty worthless and completely avoid giving your thoughts as to what was already a pretty big topic of discussion going on it the game at the time of your post?

you ask for thoughts on something stupid, yet fail to give your thoughts on anything serious.

And that is my thoughts.

VOTE: rapidcanyon
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 90, Benmage wrote: :shifty: ... Letsa...Lets make this a priority please. That's how games progress.

What gave you the impression I wasn't intentionally doing that?

My vote and I are in love.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 57, Benmage wrote:A)I didn't really push this. I only questioned the quick town write off. I don't understand how this can be considered mudslinging.
B) In reference to Acomists PGO claim. Basically here he says No trackers/watchers/cops check me out or you'll die. Considering you have experience with early scum fakeclaims. I know Faraday once had a shitty partner of his also fakeclaim MILLER and GO ON TO WIN. I don't see how stating this info isn't worthwild, and certainly not out of nowhere. Moreoever I do have a lingering question for Acomist. I'm actually surprised how quickly you also wrote him off as town. Whats the nice buzz word... White Knighting?
C) Subjective. You might not like to play out guess the mod.. but knowing certain mod history can be beneficial. Some mods hate certain roles and will never use them. (More here, but again lingering question)
D) This is the only arguable "mud-sling".... But it doesn't negate the fact that it read like buddying behind a veil of sarcasm.

A) It's more of a "denying the positive accentuates the negative" type of thing.
B) I never said Acosmist was town. I just said I wasn't going to policy lynch him.
C) I'd rather ignore the mod altogether. Makes things simpler.
D) Well, it's not. I saw a town-tell and a bandwagon formed on it. So I tried to prevent a bad lynch. If that's buddying to you then you have a very broad definition of the word.

In post 57, Benmage wrote:-What would be my hypo agenda in devaluing early town reads, and playing up certain paranoia?
--Certaintly you can't be thinking my master plan is to stop town reads from forming... that'd be absurd.
---Paranoia? A million tangents, noone trust noone? Meh... You think I'm aiming to be an early game scum Ring Leader? (Take another gander at the playerlist)

It's possible. I think that you do have the ego to make the attempt.

In post 60, I Am Innocent wrote:@KK, what are your thoughts on Zoroaster?

Well, overall it's obnoxious that his name is similar to the otter.
In this game his vote for jasont1981 is bad. Though his reasoning was bad, it seemed kinda earnest I guess. It's too early for a read, he needs to post more.

In post 80, BloodCovenent wrote:
In post 79, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you role fishing?

flavor fishing. Glad someone else found it to be a scummy post.

It's more than flavor fishing. The VT PM is in the OP. He's PR-fishing.

Unvote
Vote: Yates
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:01 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 88, PeregrineV wrote:

???? When was that point ever made?

The point was that I should have played awesome town in order to get scum and no town roles to target me.

Because, you see

when you play awesome as town

the
town doctor
would certainly never target you.

And this strategy, this retarded strategy of retardation, is something you put your stamp of approval on.

"Yes, Benmage, that is a good idea!"

Ignoring you now.

Yates, I might as well say this now, since we already got the scumclaims I wanted - I wasn't talking about that game. I was talking about DBZ. Remember when you said that no one should counternameclaim Goku? That is precisely what got me onto you - that was objectively a terrible thing to suggest - if we had a counterclaim, we could have been SURE of a scum lynch day 1 or (if we lynched the wrong "Goku") day 2.

In this game here, we have two people saying a PGO should just not claim, somehow magically play really well as town, and get targeted by scum and only scum.

You gonna get on board this? Because my thought is that objectively bad advice is an enormous scumtell. I mean,
it caught the godfather for me in DBZ

So yeah, I'm good lynching either one of these guys today.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”