Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:16 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 49, AurorusVox wrote:
I think it's much
more
concerning that he'd ever think scum would fakeclaim Solid Snake in a Harry Potter themed game in the first place.

Reads to me like he's faking not knowing flavour.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 8, jasonT1981 wrote:argh, muck about when its not 2.30am. I really need to sleep.. I feel dead. See you in the tomorrow

This feels like an overlooked piece of information.

I mean, obviously he faked it so he could jump on a post made one minute later to achieve a masterful scum strategy of town-telling to the point where he'd never be considered for a lynch for the rest of the game.

Obviously.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:23 am

Post by Benmage »

^Buddying
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

KK does need to cut out the foreplay and get to the action.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

What's your goal in this game Benmage? Going by your ISO you seem more interested in mud-slinging than trying to make sense of anything.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 54, Kublai Khan wrote:What's your goal in this game Benmage?

I hope this was a rhetorical question.

In post 54, Kublai Khan wrote:Going by your ISO you seem more interested in mud-slinging than trying to make sense of anything.

*peer* where did I mudsling?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 55, Benmage wrote:
In post 54, Kublai Khan wrote:Going by your ISO you seem more interested in mud-slinging than trying to make sense of anything.

A) Pushing the idea that jasonT1981 is deliberately faking a towntell.
B) Referrencing the game where I fakeclaimed miller out of nowhere
C) Casting aspersions on the Solid Snake/PGO claim via mod meta
D) Accusing me of buddying for arguing a POV.

Mind you it's only page 3 so the examples aren't full-blown attempts at anything, but there does seem to be a pattern emerging where you're playing up suspicion/paranoia and devaluing any early town reads.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 56, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 55, Benmage wrote:

A) Pushing the idea that jasonT1981 is deliberately faking a towntell.
B) Referrencing the game where I fakeclaimed miller out of nowhere
C) Casting aspersions on the Solid Snake/PGO claim via mod meta
D) Accusing me of buddying for arguing a POV.

Mind you it's only page 3 so the examples aren't full-blown attempts at anything, but there does seem to be a pattern emerging where you're playing up suspicion/paranoia and devaluing any early town reads.

A)I didn't really push this. I only questioned the quick town write off. I don't understand how this can be considered mudslinging.
B) In reference to Acomists PGO claim. Basically here he says No trackers/watchers/cops check me out or you'll die. Considering you have experience with early scum fakeclaims. I know Faraday once had a shitty partner of his also fakeclaim MILLER and GO ON TO WIN. I don't see how stating this info isn't worthwild, and certainly not out of nowhere. Moreoever I do have a lingering question for Acomist. I'm actually surprised how quickly you also wrote him off as town. Whats the nice buzz word... White Knighting?
C) Subjective. You might not like to play out guess the mod.. but knowing certain mod history can be beneficial. Some mods hate certain roles and will never use them. (More here, but again lingering question)
D) This is the only arguable "mud-sling".... But it doesn't negate the fact that it read like buddying behind a veil of sarcasm.

And yes it is page 3. I am waiting for people to check in, and recheck in. I don't think I'm being paranoid. Cautious... fair enough, I don't think there's anything wrong with looking at all angles and to have as much info on pertinent matters as possible.

-What would be my hypo agenda in devaluing early town reads, and playing up certain paranoia?
--Certaintly you can't be thinking my master plan is to stop town reads from forming... that'd be absurd.
---Paranoia? A million tangents, noone trust noone? Meh... You think I'm aiming to be an early game scum Ring Leader? (Take another gander at the playerlist)
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.1

"You are a Snake which was not created by Nature. You and the Boss... you are from another world... a world that I do not wish to know..." -Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid

jasonT1981 - 4 (Nero Cain, zabriel, Zoroaster, AurorusVox)
Amrun - 1 (Melmond)
Yates - 1 (Cybertronix)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)
Acosmist - 1 (jasonT1981)
zabriel - 1 (Kublai Khan)
Nero Cain - 1 (Benmage)
rapidcanyon - 1 (rapidcanyon)
BloodCovenant - 2 (Shahrizai, Yates)
Zoroaster - 1 (ThAdmiral)

Not voting - Kise, BloodCovenant, PeregrineV, Amrun, I Am Innocent, snifit, Tammy

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 43, Benmage wrote:Hmmmm.. *train wheels moving*

@Acomists
why did you feel the need to open claiming?

Are you serious?

Anyone who targets me for any reason will die.

This is just standard play for my role, to protect town power roles.

Why
wouldn't
I claim, and immediately?
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Start off with my vote:

vote BloodCovenant

@Blood, do you typically avoid voting during RVS, and the early part of the game? Meta would be great.

@Jason, do you think it is unlikely that pappums would put a PGO in this game?

@KK, what are your thoughts on Zoroaster?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am

Post by Acosmist »

Role name is not paranoid gun owner, btw. That's just the effect of it. So anything of the form "Solid Snake wasn't paranoid!" is dumb.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 60, I Am Innocent wrote:

@Jason, do you think it is unlikely that pappums would put a PGO in this game?

UNVOTE:

No, not questioning that. I am not going to get into outguess the mod, especially since it is a large theme and it is too early to even debate what types of crazy to death roles there are in it. I was, mistakenly, questioning the Solid Snake claim

The last time I saw a PGO claim it turned out to be a vanilla town. I actually am thinking if he was scum, Miller would have been his claim instead of PGO. But again, that goes into outguess the mod.. and I hate that, even though I just did it.

Bloody hell. I hate that.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 59, Acosmist wrote:
Why
wouldn't

Well the reasoning to claim is to protect PRs. dur. +

The reasoning against is now scum won't target you, thus you can't NK any scum who may have targeted you. -

So while we gain a plus with not losing prs unnecessarily... we lose an opportunity to nk scum.

As far as debatable worth of which one could be better would probably be determined on what prs we might have in the game, and or the strength of those PRs.... If we happen to have a Cop (arguably the strongest PR).. Than losing him unnecessarily would be detrimental.

Whereas if we have a very weak town... where you might actually be one of the more powerful roles, not claiming/risking it and nailing a scum could've been the better course. Yada Yada IIoA.

Anywhose, glad to see noone was like zomg Snake must be town, as that is baloney. That said I do appreciate the caveat to your claim, and think you're likely town as result of it + the way you did open claiming is town 101. (which goes back to my accusation of KK for WK something he knew to be town) The caveat being a delayed death. Therefore in an endgame scenario PGO vs final scum. Final scum wins.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote vote I Am Innocent

3 really weak questions. Bad vote. Reads as scum trying to interject themselves into the game and put the spotlight elsewhere.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 51, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 8, jasonT1981 wrote:argh, muck about when its not 2.30am. I really need to sleep.. I feel dead. See you in the tomorrow

This feels like an overlooked piece of information.

I mean, obviously he faked it so he could jump on a post made one minute later to achieve a masterful scum strategy of town-telling to the point where he'd never be considered for a lynch for the rest of the game.

Obviously.

I believe I have often made reference to it being late in my timezone in games.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 63, Benmage wrote:
In post 59, Acosmist wrote:
Why
wouldn't

Well the reasoning to claim is to protect PRs. dur. +

The reasoning against is now scum won't target you, thus you can't NK any scum who may have targeted you. -

So while we gain a plus with not losing prs unnecessarily... we lose an opportunity to nk scum.

As far as debatable worth of which one could be better would probably be determined on what prs we might have in the game, and or the strength of those PRs.... If we happen to have a Cop (arguably the strongest PR).. Than losing him unnecessarily would be detrimental.

Whereas if we have a very weak town... where you might actually be one of the more powerful roles, not claiming/risking it and nailing a scum could've been the better course. Yada Yada IIoA.

Anywhose, glad to see noone was like zomg Snake must be town, as that is baloney. That said I do appreciate the caveat to your claim, and think you're likely town as result of it + the way you did open claiming is town 101. (which goes back to my accusation of KK for WK something he knew to be town) The caveat being a delayed death. Therefore in an endgame scenario PGO vs final scum. Final scum wins.

Whewwwwwwwww boy, my RVS vote is now a real vote.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lets move my RVS vote!!!

vote:Zoroaster
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 67, Nero Cain wrote:lets move my RVS vote!!!

vote:Zoroaster

moving votes? but tunnel vision it the hotness
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Jason is likely town and I don't particularly like any of the other three votes on him.

Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Melmond »

Jason's "townslip" is null to me. I think it could go either way.

In post 22, BloodCovenent wrote:would it make more sense to lynch Acosmist relatively soon (before lets say... day 3), than leave him alive being unconfirmed?

I don't really agree with this, I think we should decide what to do based on how scummy he seems as the days go on. I don't think we should policy lynch him too soon.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Agreed with above, lynch on actions in game... not on policy.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Yates: Your opinion on post 63, please.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Could you actually give your views on it please? All you did was quote it and say your rvs vote is now a real one. and now ask for others views.

What about that post makes your RVS vote, real?
What about that post comes across as scummy?
Why did you not give any reasons as to why your rvs vote is now a real vote in your post 66?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 72, Acosmist wrote:Yates: Your opinion on post 63, please.

lol - did you see me reading?

63 looks like a throw away wifom post that isn't worth commenting on [until there are too many]. I won't be sheeping Benmage any time soon, though, that's for sure.

As to your claim? I'll believe you are Town until I see play that suggests otherwise. I think claiming PGO out of the gate is good policy if you are Town and will likely get you killed prior to lylo if you are scum. I know you know this and know you would think through a fake claim based on the one time we were scum together. I hope it works out.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”