Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:04 am

Post by Acosmist »

And if PGO is a null tell, uhhhhhhhhhhhh then what would anyone lynch me for?

I mean, scum can also NOT claim PGO. Right? So, lynch anyone who DOESN'T claim PGO, because THEY COULD BE SCUM.

If you think I am scum BECAUSE OF the claim, then that's different. But there is literally no content from me from before the claim that can be the basis of anything, so.

yeah

wut
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Acosmist »

And man, how do you play "over the top town"?

I was Ripley, Bulletproof Townie in Alien Mafia and it still almost got me lynched.

Was King Kai, Town Cop in DBZ. Two votes shy of lynch (hi Yates! I nailed you day 1 and town was stupid and lynched some random. Remember that? That sticks in my craw!)
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 95, Acosmist wrote:
Where are you getting the idea I'd be the subpar partner?

Are you confusing me with someone else?

I don't think I'm familiar with your play. It was more a statement.

In post 97, Acosmist wrote:
In post 90, Benmage wrote: :shifty: ... Letsa...Lets make this a priority please. That's how games progress.

What gave you the impression I wasn't intentionally doing that?

My vote and I are in love.

Nothing. I just wanted to avoid any stalling as I've seen it done plenty of times with players getting distracted. I just wanted to preemtively nip it in the bud. And again you say your in love with your vote yet have still failed to respond to the question. So now there is the impression that you aren't making answering the question a priority.

In post 99, Acosmist wrote:
In this game here, we have two people saying a PGO should just not claim, somehow magically play really well as town, and get targeted by scum and only scum.

I get that you're SoooOOOoo tied up with time that you are skim reading. But can you quote me saying a PGO should not claim please.

In post 99, Acosmist wrote:
So yeah, I'm good lynching either one of these guys today.

Excuse me while I chuckle and wish you the best of luck.

-I don't understand the point of your last two posts on this page Acosmist. But I guess it further reinforces you ignoring the questions asked of you. Which also further reinforces my quasi presumption that you'd be the subpar player.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:36 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 98, Kublai Khan wrote:
A) It's more of a "denying the positive accentuates the negative" type of thing.
B) I never said Acosmist was town. I just said I wasn't going to policy lynch him.
C) I'd rather ignore the mod altogether. Makes things simpler.
D) Well, it's not. I saw a town-tell and a bandwagon formed on it. So I tried to prevent a bad lynch. If that's buddying to you then you have a very broad definition of the word.

A) Subjective
B) So you yield your initial point.
C) Still Subjective
D) Buddying is Buddying. Town Buddy. Scum Buddy. You Buddy'd by my definition. It peaked more of an interest because you gave the impression of TWO quick town write offs without the need of further discussion. Jason/Aco (maybe I was wrong with the impression, but thats how it came across to me)

In post 57, Benmage wrote:-What would be my hypo agenda in devaluing early town reads, and playing up certain paranoia?
--Certaintly you can't be thinking my master plan is to stop town reads from forming... that'd be absurd.
---Paranoia? A million tangents, noone trust noone? Meh... You think I'm aiming to be an early game scum Ring Leader? (Take another gander at the playerlist)

It's possible. I think that you do have the ego to make the attempt.

Possible. Anythings Possible. Lets go with what you think the likeliness is?

And I'll cut to the chase. My ego is massive. 10X more massive as town than scum. For my scum game is done perfectly. I'm not going to attempt to take control of this game with such independent individuals day one. I'll wait to D3/D4 and than become the puppet master.

That said as town. D1 works for me :wink: .

In post 80, BloodCovenent wrote:
In post 79, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you role fishing?

flavor fishing. Glad someone else found it to be a scummy post.

It's more than flavor fishing. The VT PM is in the OP. He's PR-fishing.

Unvote
Vote: Yates

Can you link me a segment of game where scum actually are PR-fishing? I've seen this been accused of people a million times as something scum do. I don't think I've ever seen the accusation correct nor seen scum actually PR fishing.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 103, Benmage wrote:
A) It's more of a "denying the positive accentuates the negative" type of thing.
B) I never said Acosmist was town. I just said I wasn't going to policy lynch him.
C) I'd rather ignore the mod altogether. Makes things simpler.
D) Well, it's not. I saw a town-tell and a bandwagon formed on it. So I tried to prevent a bad lynch. If that's buddying to you then you have a very broad definition of the word.

A) Subjective
B) So you yield your initial point.
C) Still Subjective
D) Buddying is Buddying. Town Buddy. Scum Buddy. You Buddy'd by my definition. It peaked more of an interest because you gave the impression of TWO quick town write offs without the need of further discussion. Jason/Aco (maybe I was wrong with the impression, but thats how it came across to me)

A&C) Well yeah. It's my point of view.
B) I'm a little lost. What was my original point that I am apparently yielding now?
D) That's sorta become my playstyle for day 1. Since there are so many players and there's so little information, I find it easier to just narrow my focus by systematically ignoring people that town-tell or for whatever reason aren't going to be lynched Day 1. That doesn't mean I will continue to ignore them throughout the game. At the start of Day 2 is where the real scum-hunting begins.

In post 103, Benmage wrote:
In post 80, BloodCovenent wrote:
In post 79, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you role fishing?

flavor fishing. Glad someone else found it to be a scummy post.

It's more than flavor fishing. The VT PM is in the OP. He's PR-fishing.

Unvote

Can you link me a segment of game where scum actually are PR-fishing? I've seen this been accused of people a million times as something scum do. I don't think I've ever seen the accusation correct nor seen scum actually PR fishing.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p1720457
(yeah, yeah I was scum. But Mastin was scum as well and was totally fishing for flavor.)

NOTE TO EVERYONE: THIS DISCUSSION IS VERY DANGEROUS.
The vanilla PM is in the OP. Read it. All VTs are given is a role name and that's it. If anyone alleges to have any more information than that then they are not a VT.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Lol KK, linking the Miller game. Badass.

Yeah thats a real good call on the flavor fishing. Sometimes I am guilty of glossing over PMs and Rules/OP.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 104, Kublai Khan wrote:
B) I'm a little lost. What was my original point that I am apparently yielding now?
D) That's sorta become my playstyle for day 1. Since there are so many players and there's so little information, I find it easier to just narrow my focus by systematically ignoring people that town-tell or for whatever reason aren't going to be lynched Day 1. That doesn't mean I will continue to ignore them throughout the game. At the start of Day 2 is where the real scum-hunting begins.

B) That I brought up your/Miller claiming out of nowhere. It was in relation to PGO/Acos (Hence not out of nowhere).
D) True enough. D1 lotsa motions. Lotsa weak attacks.

alrighty lets see where this train takes us. (pun intended :? )

unvote vote Yates

Too much inactivity!?!? (thats what I get for free time and only being in 1 game... )
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Yates »

In post 99, Acosmist wrote:In this game here, we have two people saying a PGO should just not claim, somehow magically play really well as town, and get targeted by scum and only scum.

Maybe. I need a slightly larger sample size of posts before making this determination. I know there *are* people that consider not claiming PGO out of the gate a legit strategy. I happen to disagree for all of the reasons I have already stated and you reiterated. That doesn't automagically make either of them scum but it is noteworthy.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Yates »

In post 104, Kublai Khan wrote:
NOTE TO EVERYONE: THIS DISCUSSION IS VERY DANGEROUS.

Then stop being a douche and let Jason answer the question directed at Jason for reasons Jason put forward in a post by Jason.

Also bear in mind the fact I never asked Jason to provide flavor nor did I ask Jason to provide his character. Explanation later - after Jason reflects on his post and my question.
Please pm me to pre-in
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 78, Yates wrote:@jason - Are you questioning this because your flavor doesn't match your role?

I refuse to answer this.

I also was also not questioning it, I was responding to the claims by Benmage that Snake would not be PGO, and more a jack of trades/strongman etc. I was pointing out that in theme games it is not always safe to assume a role based on how someone is in a show/game. Post 44 I was responding to.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Yates »

@Jason - I was specifically referring to this part of your post:
In post 76, jasonT1981 wrote:I have seen theme games were main characters were bad guys in mafia games. Games were bad guys in shows were town in games.
Please pm me to pre-in
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 108, Yates wrote:Also bear in mind the fact I never asked Jason to provide flavor nor did I ask Jason to provide his character.

Except you did. If Jason has any flavor, then he's not a VT.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Oh.

Well one game that comes to might right away is a Lost game I played were the main character 'Jack' ended up being Scum incidently this was me

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=15103

as well as a 70s show were Kitty was mafia (me again)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19193

Also, if you have played in one of my modded games, you will see the point I am making as I often state character roles in show may not match game flavor. IE Batman could be mafia etc.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:35 am

Post by Benmage »

Yes character names themselves are no indication of alignment. This has been done a thousand times. Shit there was a past Harry Potter mafia where Harry was scum. Moreover scum are given safeclaims so name claims/characters tend to be worthless.

That said, Yates you did dance a rather thin line asking if his FLAVOR matched his role. As any flavor here is an indication of a PR.... thats no good my friend.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Benmage »

Jason
... that rc vote couldn't really suck any harder.

Nowhere more useful to put it?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:40 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

OK, well my point I was making to you, was that it is not always safe to assume character flavor based on in show characteristics. And thus your comment about Solid Snake being more a JOAT than a PGO should not be seriously considered in a theme game as what you were speculating is quite dangerous.

Edit: Maybe, but that is a line of inquiry I am taking right now as to why he ignored talk and essentially asked for all talk to be on him and his self vote. It was interesting he didnt make any comment on what was going on.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Benmage »

Yeah that was just quick off the cusp mental notes. I wouldn't give it much credit, and Aco already stated his role aint called PGO, just something like a PGO.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Cybertronix »

This is my first large theme game, but I have to agree that speculating on PRs and alignment this early is dangerous. Wouldn't this type of discussion be more suited for D2?
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 am

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.2

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone

jasonT1981 - 3 (zabriel, Zoroaster, AurorusVox)
Amrun - 1 (Melmond)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)
rapidcanyon - 3 (rapidcanyon, PeregrineV, jasonT1981)
BloodCovenant - 3 (Shahrizai, Yates, I Am Innocent)
Zoroaster - 2 (ThAdmiral, Nero Cain)
Yates - 2 (Kublai Khan, Benmage)

Not voting - Kise, BloodCovenant, Amrun, snifit, Tammy, Cybertronix

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Cybertronix - Why'd you unvote your random vote?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 am

Post by Yates »

In post 115, jasonT1981 wrote:OK, well my point I was making to you, was that it is not always safe to assume character flavor based on in show characteristics. And thus your comment about Solid Snake being more a JOAT than a PGO should not be seriously considered in a theme game as what you were speculating is quite dangerous.

See; to me this is a very different statement from what I actually quoted.

When you say things like this:
In post 76, jasonT1981 wrote:I have seen theme games were main characters were bad guys in mafia games. Games were bad guys in shows were town in games.
It sounds like you aren't taking the current game into account. You should be able to look at your own role and flavor and determine the likelihood of this mod speculation being accurate. Otherwise, what's the point of posting something like this?
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:56 am

Post by zabriel »

UNVOTE:

Yates does come off to be fishing a little.

I can sympathize with thoughts on PGO, but there's every chance that he's making the claim because he just is the PGO. I'm actually not considering people who went after him suspicious, mostly because I feel this is one of those cases where scum are just willing to let town make the case and then get slammed for it later.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Benmage »

@Cyber - Speculating on PRs.. really never good. Just a lot of discussion surrounding the outted PGO Acos. Speculating on alignment...?? Welcome to mafia?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 117, Cybertronix wrote:This is my first large theme game, but I have to agree that speculating on PRs and alignment this early is dangerous. Wouldn't this type of discussion be more suited for D2?

Um.

Anyway

Cyber if you're lost just sheep me. This is a good vote.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Benmage »

^So long as AV keeps sheeping me :P (inb4sheepedKKdamnuKK)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”