Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Robbnva »

lol dun. I was obvTown. Like I said the only thing I did wrong was hammer before the claim.

Slandaar gets credit for the win IMO. Nice job today.

I'm happy I was right about Sable, don't think anyone else suspected him before I was wrongfully lynched
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 am

Post by Robbnva »

Good playing with most of you. Apologies to FC for the ill advised hamme
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

I think by most metrics, Robb, your play in this game was sub-par, if not downright scummy (though I think it was certainly the latter as well). That said, I'm glad we are able to pull out a win, especially since all Sable really had to do last night was to "JK Slandaar" like we asked him to and then kill N.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am

Post by McStab »

Good game everyone, thoroughly enjoyed playing. Fourseen was terrible at the start but other than that I thought everyone played well enough. As for my own play, I'm content; I was right on Guppy, the Fourseen lynch was both premature (Robb's premature hammer was pretty bad; the rest of his play not absolutely awful though, and he was active), and at least I got killed before I had to make a call on Sable (who I had put in the town column pretty early on and forgotten to re-evaluate).
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 527, Dunhamganger wrote:I think by most metrics, Robb, your play in this game was sub-par, if not downright scummy (though I think it was certainly the latter as well). That said, I'm glad we are able to pull out a win, especially since all Sable really had to do last night was to "JK Slandaar" like we asked him to and then kill N.

I'll admit my play wasn't great, but other then my hammer what really was scummy? The fact I was questioning people? The fact I was scum hunting? I mean the day I got lynched I made very good posts why people should look at Sable instead of me but You hammered me before letting anyone else read and respond to my posts. I feel your hanmer was worse then mine because you denied town info, the WORST part was when you basically made the same arguments today that I made before I got lynched. It's almost like you plagiarized me.

In reality you just sort if half-assed your way through the game doing very little scum hunting. You called guppy scum but you never actively tried to get him lynched. So you can't even take credit for being right about him.

You were much scummier of a player then I was, in my opinion anyway. I got lynched and you didn't.

I'm curious, why was Ben killed?
Sable Tip
Sable Tip
Townie
Sable Tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Sable Tip »

In post 523, Dunhamganger wrote:Woo!

(I really wish Robb had been scum.)

How much thinking went into the JK claim, Sable? Was it a ploy you had scoped out from the beginning or were you winging it as you went?

I didn't have it scoped out from the beginning, but I thought I had made sure that the claim was consistent with my actions before I made it, in that I hadn't made any overt moves against N so claiming I had jailed him was consistent, and jailing Guppy night 1 was the obvious call. The note I made on N was something I missed, unfortunately, as I feel that really was the final nail in the coffin - I think that aside from that I had a slim-but-definite chance of talking my way out of the situation.

The thing was, I was a Framer; I was informed that I could alter the results of Cop and Gunsmiths. I was under the impression that active-decision abilities which had no effect on the game were considered bastard-moddery, so assumed that my ability also meant there had to be a Cop or a Gunsmith in the game. I claimed Jailkeeper in a bit of a panic (figuring it's non-investigative so wouldn't draw counterclaim complaints, and could be argued as having a gun in case a Gunsmith got a result on me), and if I'd thought about it I would definitely have claimed Vanilla; I spent the last two days in-game kicking myself for that mistake.

I was serious when I said I hadn't considered the balance issues in a nine-person game, though; if I had, I would have known that I couldn't have claimed anything but Vanilla. In retrospect, I could have claimed VT just like everyone else, Robb would have been lynched, I kill Dunham and we're in a Sable-Slandaar-N endgame, and their ongoing feud would have given me a very reasonable chance of getting the win. That said, Slandaar, I misjudged you completely in the first few days; I was completely unprepared for your attack on me in the last day or so, and I was amazed I lasted as long as I did.

Guppy, I apologise, I think I managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory for us there...
Sable Tip
Sable Tip
Townie
Sable Tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Sable Tip »

In post 523, Dunhamganger wrote:Woo!

(I really wish Robb had been scum.)

How much thinking went into the JK claim, Sable? Was it a ploy you had scoped out from the beginning or were you winging it as you went?

I didn't have it scoped out from the beginning, but I thought I had made sure that the claim was consistent with my actions before I made it, in that I hadn't made any overt moves against N so claiming I had jailed him was consistent, and jailing Guppy night 1 was the obvious call. The note I made on N was something I missed, unfortunately, as I feel that really was the final nail in the coffin - I think that aside from that I had a slim-but-definite chance of talking my way out of the situation.

The thing was, I was a Framer; I was informed that I could alter the results of Cop and Gunsmiths. I was under the impression that active-decision abilities which had no effect on the game were considered bastard-moddery, so assumed that my ability also meant there had to be a Cop or a Gunsmith in the game. I claimed Jailkeeper in a bit of a panic (figuring it's non-investigative so wouldn't draw counterclaim complaints, and could be argued as having a gun in case a Gunsmith got a result on me), and if I'd thought about it I would definitely have claimed Vanilla; I spent the last two days in-game kicking myself for that mistake.

I was serious when I said I hadn't considered the balance issues in a nine-person game, though; if I had, I would have known that I couldn't have claimed anything but Vanilla. In retrospect, I could have claimed VT just like everyone else, Robb would have been lynched, I kill Dunham and we're in a Sable-Slandaar-N endgame, and their ongoing feud would have given me a very reasonable chance of getting the win. That said, Slandaar, I misjudged you completely in the first few days; I was completely unprepared for your attack on me in the last day or so, and I was amazed I lasted as long as I did.

Guppy, I apologise, I think I managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory for us there...
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Conf-towning N? Lol. when Slandaar was easily locked in a herpaderp with him. The robb mislynch was like guaranteed scum win.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nominating PZ for funniest mod : P
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by N »

Were there any QTs for this game?

In post 529, Robbnva wrote:I'll admit my play wasn't great, but other then my hammer what really was scummy? The fact I was questioning people? The fact I was scum hunting? I mean the day I got lynched I made very good posts why people should look at Sable instead of me but You hammered me before letting anyone else read and respond to my posts. I feel your hanmer was worse then mine because you denied town info, the WORST part was when you basically made the same arguments today that I made before I got lynched. It's almost like you plagiarized me.

Robb, please stop calling yourself obvtown. It was annoying while you were alive, and is even more annoying after the game's over. It's hard to pinpoint exact things you did as scummy; it was your play overall. Yes, the quickhammer was definitely part of it, and it wouldn't have matter if that was the "only" thing you did - it's still a really really scummy thing to do.

In post 531, Sable Tip wrote:In retrospect, I could have claimed VT just like everyone else, Robb would have been lynched, I kill Dunham and we're in a Sable-Slandaar-N endgame, and their ongoing feud would have given me a very reasonable chance of getting the win. That said, Slandaar, I misjudged you completely in the first few days; I was completely unprepared for your attack on me in the last day or so, and I was amazed I lasted as long as I did.

I'm not sure how well that would have worked for you as an option either, to be honest. In later days, I wasn't so suspicious of Slandaar, but I kept up the pressure on him in case I did in fact end up in lylo with him - why would scum take their biggest adversary to lylo with them?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by N »

That post didn't show it, but I am dancing around the room right now.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Post by Slandaar »

The framer was to mess with you a bit I assume because town didn't have much power which ended up being effectively none due to the Four lynch. Definitely better to claim VT, brought the spotlight onto yourself claiming JK. If there were another PR then town only needed lynch both claimed PR to win (and that should happen) so it was risky in that sense also.

AP do you read all my games? :igmeou:
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Whatever. I still have my perfect record. I'm a better mod than player anyway.

Do I just always exude a scum vibe to you people, or what?
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 am

Post by Slandaar »

Never played with you as town so can't say.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 536, Slandaar wrote:AP do you read all my games?

Uhhhhh, HEY LOOK OVER THERE!

*alt + f4*
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:27 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 533, AngryPidgeon wrote:Nominating PZ for funniest mod : P
This may interest you.
There's no "funniest moderator" award, though if you think we should have one, we have a thread for that. Since there isn't one currently, I just went for the closest nom I could get.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:44 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”