Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

BEST ATHLETES MAFIA

TESTIMONIALS

"It's sort of like Fantasy Football, but mafia-style" - Hired Actor #1

"The best mafia game since sliced bread" - Hired Actor #2

"Are horses really even athletes?" - Hired Actor #3

THE GAME'S PITCH

One mafia game. 48 athletes. 16 players. One interesting draft mechanic. Lots of power in the form of individual cycles. Swing is included. Balance is included. Batteries not included. Coming to a theater near you.

Head Referee (Moderator)
: CryMeARiver

Sideline Referee (Backup Moderator)
: Scott Brosius

Quarter (Status)
: Night 3

Time 'Til the Next Quarter (Deadline)
: 3:00 PM EST September 28th, 2012

Still Playin' Ball (Alive) [11\16]

1) Kmd4390 x
2) Bub Bidderskins x
3) GreyICE
BS2000 xx

4) Cheery Dog
5) Internet Stranger xxx
7) Nero Cain xx
9) Debonair Danny DiPietro xx
10) Dry-Fit x
11) Seanald xxxx
12) ProsecutorGodot x
13) kunkstar7
Trevor xxx
absta101 x

x = Prod

Free Agent Pool (Possible Replacements)

1)
Trevor

2) MattP (Possibly)
3) Locke Lamora

4) Code_X
5) RachMarie

Cut From the Team (Dead) [5\16]

6)
Locke Lamora x
DrRoy xxx
:
Tiger Woods (Vanilla Townie)
Deion Sanders (Vanilla Townie)
, and
Alex Rodriguez (Permanent Neighbor)
is cut from the team Day 1

15)
Benmage
:
Muhammad Ali (Bodyguard)
Michael Jordan (Cop)
, and
Tom Brady (One-Shot Role Stealer)
is banned Night 1

16)
sorasgoof x
TheTrollie xxxx
:
Wayne Gretzky (Modified Role Cop)
Diego Maradona (Jack of All Trades)
, and
Derek Jeter(Permanent Neighbor)
is cut from the team Day 2

8)
Nachomama8
OnceAndForEver x
:
Michael Phelps (Permanent Godfather)
Pelé (Vanilla Townie)
, and
Albert Pujols (Vanilla Townie)
is banned Night 2

14)
Stephoscope xx
:
Mike Tyson (Vanilla Townie)
Julius Erving (Doctor)
, and
Pete Rose (Vanilla Townie
Vengeful Cop
)
is cut from the team Day 3

Failed Drug Test (Modkilled)

None

QUICK GAME EXPLANATION

Each player receives a random alignment. Each player in the game will draft three athletes. Each athlete has a pre-assigned ability without an alignment. The player will keep all three athletes and use their separate powers on a cycle-basis. They will choose what order they want to use the athletes' powers and they will use one for Day 1/Night 1, another for Day 2/Night 2, and the last for Day 3/Night 3, and then the cycle will repeat until death or the game is over. See the rules below for a more thorough and detailed explanation.

Spoiler: LIST OF ATHLETES TO RANK
1. Michael Jordan - Cop

Tiger Woods - Vanilla Townie

Muhammed Ali - Bodyguyard

4. Babe Ruth
Wayne Gretzky - Modified Role Cop

6. Roger Federer
Michael Phelps - Permanent Godfather

Pelé - Vanilla Townie

9. Lance Armstrong
10. Usain Bolt
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Jim Brown
13. Jerry Rice
14. Lebron James
15. Wilt Chamberlain
16. Joe Montana
Diego Maradona - Jack of All Trades

18. Earvin "Magic" Johnson
19. Barry Sanders
20. Jesse Owens
21. Larry Bird
22. Willie Mays
23. Brett Favre
24. Walter Payton
25. Peyton Manning
26. Pete Sampras
27. Jack Nicklaus
Pete Rose - Vanilla Townie
Vengeful Cop

29. Hank Aaron
30. Mickey Mantle
31. Lou Gehrig
Mike Tyson - Vanilla Townie

Deion Sanders - Vanilla Townie

34. Barry Bonds
35. Jackie Robinson
Tom Brady - One-Shot Roel Stealer

37. Secretariat
38. Michael Johnson
Albert Pujols - Vanilla Townie

Julius Erving - Doctor

41. Rudy Ruettiger
42. Rafael Nadal
43. Cristiano Ronaldo
Alex Rodriguez - Permanent Neighbor

45. Dan Marino
46. Lionel Messi
Derek Jeter - Permanent Neighbor

48. John Elway
Last edited by CryMeARiver on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

HALL OF FAME RULEBOOK

FUNDAMENTAL

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
1a) Do not edit posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. Though I don’t mind cursing.
4a) Do not speak using all caps. It is rude and annoying.
4b) Don't be annoying.

VOTING, LYNCHING, & DEATH

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Scott Brosius
or you may use the vote tag, in the form VOTE: Scott Brosius.
5a) Unvotes are not necessary, though the mod would appreciate them.
6) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
6a) If a lynch has not been achieved by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be considered lynched. If there are multiple players with the most votes, whichever player reached that number of votes first will be considered lynched.
7) You may vote for a “No Lynch” if desired. If 50% of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. You can do this in the form
Vote: No Lynch
or VOTE: No Lynch.
8) Once you're dead, you are dead. But who doesn’t appreciate a good “bah” post? Your “bah” post must be funny and should include a picture or a moving animation.

ACTIVITY & DEADLINES

9) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 60 hours without posting. If I prod you multiple times, I may get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player after 60 hours. I'm human I may forget, though probably not, so if you want someone prodded, just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I may replace you.
12a) If you need replacement, come prepared with a valid reason for replacement or a name of someone willing to replace in (check the list of possible players on the OP first).
13) Deadlines for each game day will be 3 weeks for Day 1 and 2 weeks for any subsequent days.
14) Nights will have a 60 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing.
15) Deadlines will only be extended in the case of a replacement or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, should not result in a deadline extension.

OTHER INFORMATION

17)
Blue
and
Dark Green
are my colors. All other colors are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself. I won’t modkill you if you happen to use them, but please try not to.
18) I will post Vote Counts whenever I deem them necessary. If you feel a vote count is needed, don’t hesitate to ask for one, and I’ll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will punish you. If something is fuzzy for you, please ask!
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
21) I reserve the right to modkill anyone for anything I deem a modkillable offense. Don’t test me.
22) Have fun!

GAME SPECIFIC RULES

23) It should be known that at any point in this game, when I use the word "player", I am referring to an MS player account and when I use the word "athlete", I am referring to a drafted athlete in the game.

24) Upon /in-ing to the game, players will be asked to send me a list of their personal rankings of the 48 available athletes. The athletes have a predetermined role, but not alignment. Once the game is full, the players will receive randomized alignments (win conditions).
24a) This means that the ability of the athlete may or may not be of use toward the alignment of the player.

25) I will then randomize a draft order among the players that will be kept secret until post-game to discourage players from focusing on the mechanics of the game. As there are 16 players and 48 athletes, each player will receive 3 athletes based on their rankings of the athletes and the draft order. The drafting will occur like a fantasy football draft (snaked). The role PM's associated with their drafted athletes will be sent to the players.

26) Each player will keep all three of their athletes. The player will send me the order of which they want their athletes' powers to be used on differing day-night cycles. To clarify, if Player Q drafted Athletes X, Y, and Z then the Player will be allowed to choose the order in which they want the athletes to be used. If they say X first, Y second, and Z third, then Athlete X's power will be used on Day 1 and Night 1, Athlete Y's power on Day 2 and Night 2 and Athlete Z's power on Day 3 and Night 3, Athlete X's power on Day 4 and Night 4, etc...until the Player dies or the game ends.
26a) The only exception is if an Athlete has a passive or permanent role ability (which will be established in the role PM) that applies to every day. To clarify, in the previous situation, if Athlete Y's power was a neighbor QT, for example, with another player, then on Day 1 and Night 1, Player Q would be allowed to use Athlete X's power and Athlete Y's permanent QT, and on Day 2 on Night 2, Player Q would only be allowed to use Athlete Y's permanent QT, and on Day 3 and Night 3, the player would be allowed to use Athlete Z's power and Athlete Y's permanent QT.

27) If an athlete dies, the player dies as well. You do not proceed to live with just two athletes. Each player still only has one live, just multiple powers in a cycle.

28) When a player dies, all of the athletes and abilities they possess will be shown as well.

29) There is at least one athlete in the game that is a Vanilla Townie and has no ability.

30) If there is any setup confusion, please do not hesitate to ask. A lot of thought has gone into this setup, and chances are that, while I may have thought out everything, I may not have put it all here.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

All alignments and drafted rosters have been sent out. I will give everyone 72 hours to send in the order they wish to use their players. Please see the rules if you do not understand or PM me a question. If anyone does not give me their order in the next 72 hours, I will prod them. 24 hours later without a response, I will replace them. We will wait out the entire 72 hours even if everyone sends their orders in before then.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:39 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Waiting on one player to send their order. After 24 hours, the game will start with their order as the order they drafted the players and I will begin looking for a replacement.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

48 athletes arrived to the Conference of Best Athletes. The commisioner of sports, CryMeARiver, stood before them and explained the situation like this:

"Welcome to the Conference of Best Athletes!

You were all nominated as the top 48 athletes ever to play sports and came to the conference to receive you medal and honor. Word has reached me that some of you guys are jealous and have decided to form your own elite class of athletes. Therefore, I leave it to the rest of you top athletes to put a stop to them."

He went on to say,

"In order to help you weed out these bad men, I have organized you into 16 groups of three athletes each so you may combine your sporting expertise. Each day, you may let me know who I should cut from this honorable class of athletes. However, I cannot safely promise that you yourself will be among this class either. Good luck men...and horse."

Day 1 VoteCount 1.0

Not Voting (16): Kmd4390, Bub Bidderskins, BS2000, Cheery Dog, Internet Stranger, DrRoy, OnceAndForEver, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Dry-Fit, Seanald, ProsecutorGodot, absta101, Stephoscope, Benmage, TheTrollie

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch!

The deadline is 2:30 PM EST on August 21, 2012.

Bub Bidderskins is V\LA from Tuesday to Sunday

Great Sporting Moments in History:

"He wins it by two lengths!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqllleV6WA

Game Start!
Last edited by CryMeARiver on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Seanald »

a fine typo to start the day, is it lenghts or lengths?

--Meh -__-
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

vote seanald
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Seanald »

Get an avatar already
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 am

Post by absta101 »

VOTE: DDD
For having a name that's too long.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:49 am

Post by Benmage »

vote onceandforever
are there hydras?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:04 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: Cheery Dog
because there is seriously nothing to be cheerful about this year.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:13 am

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

VOTE: Benmage just because I can. And because you have no avatar, you naked player, you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 11, ProsecutorGodot wrote:VOTE: Benmage just because I can. And because you have no avatar, you naked player, you.

Why would you vote town?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DrRoy
DrRoy
Townie
DrRoy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 am

Post by DrRoy »

Vote: Benmage

Why would you claim town almost immediately?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Benmage

MWHAHAHAHA!!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 13, DrRoy wrote:

What should I have claimed?
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:18 am

Post by BS2000 »

VOTE: Dry-Fit

Ello everyone! When do we claim our athletes, I like my athletes.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

unvote, vote drroy

Found scum. No need to try for a reaction from seanald.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

VOTE: Nero Cain
Evil laughs signify evilness.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DrRoy
DrRoy
Townie
DrRoy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by DrRoy »

Benmage, my point is that if you try to reassure everyone you're town after the lightest of provocations, you look over-defensive, a common scum-tell. I reaction-tested you in order to probe further, and your reaction is a lot more town than, say, if you have said something along the lines of "Oh but of course I'm town."

Unvote

Kmd, why is what I just said a scumtell?
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

VOTE: Benmage
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 15, Benmage wrote:
In post 13, DrRoy wrote:

What should I have claimed?

So Ben is town; that was easy.

VOTE: onceandforever
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

UNVOTE: Benmage

Even a random vote needs to come off the pressure-tested town.

VOTE: Stephoscope

Next in line. How ironic your name is partially based on a tool used to examine the heart.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by absta101 »

Why is Ben town for Post #15?
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Vote: OnceAndForever
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”