Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

@ Tierce, what triggered this self proclaimed meta-shift, and who exactly do you expect "poor play from" and consider a "lynch pony"?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ludi I actually dont know.

Typically I come to a game thread after it has been open for longer than an hour and I place non random votes. I hate RVS personally. Fruitless labors.

Be back later
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Haze »

VOTE: Hinduragi

Hi.

I'm not quite sure if Quilford's list is designed to catch reactions or if he geniuinely believes them...
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Ludi wrote:Seems strange (???). Are you trying to switch it up because you are usually very hard to read when you're town? If not, then why? (and why announce it to the world?)

Which games have I been hard to read in?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 22, Quilford wrote:tierce - nulltown
wyrd - scum
oversoul - nulltown
singer - null
zdenek - nullscum
alchemist - town
magister ludi - null
mathgirl - nullscum

You made a dumb list like this early in RDR where you were scum.
Ever done it as town?

In post 24, Magister Ludi wrote:Seems strange (???). Are you trying to switch it up because you are usually very hard to read when you're town? If not, then why? (and why announce it to the world?)

I feel like the answer to this question should be obvious - I was already trying to apply meta to him.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

(I don't know, you tell me?) That wasn't my question.

It seems to me, that the primary objective of town is to be read as town and find scum. Thus, if people have a hard time reading you as town when you're town, you might realize this and change your playstyle so people can read you.(however that may be) If this isn't a problem, the question is why you're doing it (and why you announced to the thread you are "changing things", when you could simply change things internally)

~~

And by the way, do you think there has been voteable serious content in this thread yet, or not?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

What's up with going all overexplainy with your RVS vote?

vote: Zdenek

And what's up with the meta warnings? Just a heads up I won't be playing like I normally do, but it's definitely not because I'm evil, it's because... Seriously, not because I'm evil though, definitely not that!
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

note: #31 was in response to #29.

zdenek wrote:I feel like the answer to this question should be obvious - I was already trying to apply meta to him.

Not sure what you mean here or what you're implying. Could you unpack this a little?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 32, Tammy wrote:What's up with going all overexplainy with your RVS vote?

vote: Zdenek

And what's up with the meta warnings? Just a heads up I won't be playing like I normally do, but it's definitely not because I'm evil, it's because... Seriously, not because I'm evil though, definitely not that!

My vote wasn't random, but it was somewhat arbitrary.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 33, Magister Ludi wrote:note: #31 was in response to #29.

zdenek wrote:I feel like the answer to this question should be obvious - I was already trying to apply meta to him.

Not sure what you mean here or what you're implying. Could you unpack this a little?

Actually, I didn't read your post all that carefully. I guess my comment only applies to the "why announce it to the world" part.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 30, Zdenek wrote:
wyrd - scum
oversoul - nulltown
singer - null
zdenek - nullscum
alchemist - town
magister ludi - null
mathgirl - nullscum

You made a dumb list like this early in RDR where you were scum.
Ever done it as town?

I didn't even realise I'd done it as scum, ever. The first time I ever remember doing it properly was petsPick: Animal Rescue (where literally all my reads were correct), and apart from Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks where I replaced in and therefore didn't get a chance to do it, I've gotten only Town Role PMs from then on, iirc.

Anyway, I'd like to hear from Tierce before I go any further.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Alchemist »

We're out of RVS imo.

@Ludi

I am almost always read as town. This isn't the problem. The problem is that I get really sloppy and intellectually lazy, spam threads, and generally my whacky initiatives or stream-of-conciousness posting style gets the town into trouble. I'm trying to be a better player. Fresh slate, new account, shiny avatar, I even changed my forum skin to sepia - I'm trying to ram it home to myself that I should be playing differently. Why wasn't I "internal" about it? Because a lot of these guys know how I play. When they a see a subdued, restrained, and calculating TE posting I want them to know why. That should answer all your questions.

@Quilford

What do you think of Ludi's initial play?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VOTE: Tierce

Don't want to be stuck in a situation again where she's scum and I know she's scum but can't get her lynched because she's Tierce so she needs to die now.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Quilford »

@Alchemist: It's funny you ask, actually. He's been asking a lot of questions which really drew my eye, and at first I thought he could be scum trying to look involved. But I think the questions demonstrate a deeper level of comprehension than typical scum ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS kind of thing, like ShadowGirl here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21379

--

wyrd - scum
oversoul - nulltown
singer - null
zdenek - nullscum
alchemist - town
magister ludi - null
mathgirl - nullscum

Add DDDP - town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

FWIW, I'm on FIRE AND HATRED mode. I am not going to spend early days in a 28-slots/32-players game trying to defend people who will be constant lynch ponies and can't be trusted to hold up their end of town play in later days. Scumhunting > trying to save derpy players from a lynch.

This means: either shape up and look townie, or don't trust me to defend poor play even if I don't find it scummy. I don't have the patience nor the willingness to defend that crap in a game this size.

Most of this playerlist is capable enough to not need hand-holding, anyway. But I thought I should warn about this because there might be a meta-shift from me.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.

/ur-quan

PEdit: O hai. Complete bullshit list.

UNVOTE: Wyrd
VOTE: Quilford

I'm not gonna lie and you managed to get me a little paranoid but this is so beautiful I have e-tears.

Will you be my secret bff?

Unvote, Vote: Tammy

Fake smarm deathwagon goo
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Quil's recent post is bugging me because "I didn't even realise I'd done it as scum, ever" feels like a lil white lie. And who exactly were the mafia with Ghostlin in Animal Rescue: petsPick? Because I cant seem to find that info. I wanted to check the validity of Quil's claim because of my aforementioned bugging.

Anyone else think:

Quil wrote:@Alchemist: It's funny you ask, actually. He's been asking a lot of questions which really drew my eye, and at first I thought he could be scum trying to look involved. But I think the questions demonstrate a deeper level of comprehension than typical scum ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS kind of thing, like ShadowGirl here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21379

Is a bit of a weird and overly-elaborate response? Its like he's going out of his way for Ludi to defend him/paint him in a positive light with a self-supporting premise (shadowgirl link).

Vote: Quilford
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 41, Alchemist wrote:Quil's recent post is bugging me because "I didn't even realise I'd done it as scum, ever" feels like a lil white lie. And who exactly were the mafia with Ghostlin in Animal Rescue: petsPick? Because I cant seem to find that info. I wanted to check the validity of Quil's claim because of my aforementioned bugging.

You can find a link to the cached pages from the game near the end of the game thread. At least for his first list of reads, he's telling the truth. I didn't check anything else.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Quilford, explain your reads on mathgirl in this game and Lewacher in Animal Rescue.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm liking Zdenek so far. I think I'll sheep him instead.

vote: Dramonic
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 41, Alchemist wrote:Quil's recent post is bugging me because "I didn't even realise I'd done it as scum, ever" feels like a lil white lie. And who exactly were the mafia with Ghostlin in Animal Rescue: petsPick? Because I cant seem to find that info. I wanted to check the validity of Quil's claim because of my aforementioned bugging.

Anyone else think:

Quil wrote:@Alchemist: It's funny you ask, actually. He's been asking a lot of questions which really drew my eye, and at first I thought he could be scum trying to look involved. But I think the questions demonstrate a deeper level of comprehension than typical scum ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS kind of thing, like ShadowGirl here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21379

Is a bit of a weird and overly-elaborate response? Its like he's going out of his way for Ludi to defend him/paint him in a positive light with a self-supporting premise (shadowgirl link).

Vote: Quilford

Your recent post is bugging me.

Do you know what a white lie is? Do you know that Red Dead Redemption -- the game Zdenek referred to where I had allegedly made a similar list -- is actually no longer on the site? Do you know that I have received town PMs in all games I didn't replace into since Animal Rescue, excluding Red Dead Redemption (HP & the Philosophers Stone, Open 369, Consulmaker III, beauty is only skin deep and Murder in the Louvre)? Do you know that Red Dead Redemption was lost to the crash? Do you know that I can't even remember whether or not I replaced out of Red Dead Redemption (looking at my scum QT it turns out I did, MoI replaced me)? Is it not entirely plausible that from a game HALF A FUCKING YEAR AGO THAT I REPLACED OUT OF THAT HAS BEEN WIPED FROM THE SITE I might not remember whether or not I made an early reads post?

Do you think I would lie about a game that has an archive linked in one of the very last posts in the thread? Do you think I would lie about a game that still has several active players on site? Do you think I would lie about my reads in a game that I knew anyone could check easily just to boost my ego and give myself townpoints?

Do you think that townies should be as helpful as possible when asked about their read on another player? Do you think that is a genuine read of mine? Do you think my description of Ludi's actions is accurate? If so, do you think the conclusions I draw can be extrapolated from his actions? If so, do you think that linking posts to help explain my conclusions is a good idea?

Go away.

--

One moment.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 43, Zdenek wrote:Quilford, explain your reads on mathgirl in this game and Lewacher in Animal Rescue.

Not until I finish with Tierce, sorry.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

Ugh, I didn't want to get agro this early. Fuck.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Tierce »

Quick warning--I'm currently in the same room as singersigner, so we're avoiding this game until she goes back to the hotel to avoid out-of-game interference. Post later.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Quil is going way over the top. Wow.

Also;

In post 47, Quilford wrote:Ugh, I didn't want to get agro this early. Fuck.

Pretty sure we got scum here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”