Politics Mafia: Game Over (Good Night Moon)

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Politics Mafia: Game Over (Good Night Moon)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin

Mods
: JordanA24
Backup
: Kublai Khan

Still standing for election (3)

9)
Seanald
|

21)
David Xanatos |

23)
Locke Lamora |||
WrathChild
DeasVail

Have served their term (32)

Spoiler:
32) Furcolow, Montezuma (Mafia Goon), Nuked Day 1

11)
Trevor
inte, Stephen Harper (Townie), Lynched Day 1

5) RedPanda, Benjamin Netanyahu (Lyncher), Murdered Night 1

27) Majiffy, Dilma Rouseff (Backup), Assassinated Night 1

13) Riceballtail, Julia Gillard (Townie), Lynched Day 2

16) Iecerint, Nelson Mandela (Mason), Assassinated Night 2

20) syndromeofadown, Jacob Zuma (Townie), Sued, disgraced and forced out of office Night 2

7)
SaintKerrigan
Feysel, Vladimir Putin (Doctor), Murdered Night 2

10)
Glowball
PMysterious, Barack Obama (Vigilante), Lynched Day 3

31) Ranmaru, Angela Merkel (Even-night Tracker), Assassinated Night 3

19) vijay2vasandani, Yoshihiko Noda (1-shot Scrambler), Murdered Night 3

14)
hiplop
DeathNote
Nachomamma8, Winston Churchill (Mafia Goon), Sued, Disgraced and Discredited (and then shot) Night 3

26)
jasonT1981
BBmolla, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (1-shot Dayvig), Poisoned Day 4

35)
Vaya
Zdenek, David Cameron (Townie), Lynched Day 4

18) Nero Cain, Julian Assange (Messenger), Murdered Night 4

22) TeChNoWc, Hu Jintao (1-shot Fullcop), Sued, Disgraced and forced out of office Night 4

24)
RayFrost
DrRoy
Maenara, Silvio Berlusconi (Roleblocker), Lynched Day 5

17) manho, Mahmoud Abbas (Townie), Lynched Day 5

28)
Hiraki
DrippingGoofball, Lee Myung-bak (Townie), Assassinated Night 5

33)
spitfarvle
Thor665, Francois Hollande (Townie), Sued, Disgraced and Forced out of Office Night 5

8)
Matias
shos, Mitt Romney (1-shot Mafia Framer), Murdered Night 5

6) ZeekLTK, AUgustus Caesar (Mafia Goon), Lynched Day 6

2) Mafia-n00b, Cyrus the Great (Mafia Goon), Sued, disgraced and discredited Night 6

4) PeregrineV, Tony Blair (Odd-night Cop), Murdered Night 6

1) Phillammon, Rupert Murdoch (Mafia Messenger), Assassinated Night 6

29)
Chevre
Kmd4390, Daniel Vasella (1-shot Mafia Doctor), Lynched Day 7

25)
Haze
Pine
UberNinja, Mustafa Abdul Jalil (Mason), Sued, Disgraced and Discredited Night 7

3)
Code_X
mastin2, Abraham Lincoln (Mafia Godfather), Assassinated (again) Night 7

30) AurorusVox, Bill Gates (1-shot Mafia Watcher), Lynched Day 8.

12)
Junpei
Yates, George W. Bush (1-Shot Influencer), Assassinated Night 8

34)
ChaosOmega
Staeg
Cogito Ergo Sum, Genghis Khan (Mafia Goon), Sued, Disgraced and Forced out of Office Night 8

15) ThAdmiral, Hugo Chavez (Miller), Murdered Night 8

|=Inactivity Strike (Three means replacement)
|
=Rulebreaking (Three means modkill)

V/LA's

Replacement List
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:21 am, edited 130 times in total.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 9:25 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Rules

General Stuff

1) I (and Kublai Khan) are mods, and all final decisions by us are such, and, once our foot is down, they shall not be disputed. If we deem absolutely necessary, we reserve the right to change these rules, and retroactively enforce them. But we promise this will be a last resort in dire situations.
2) If you feel we have made some sort of mistake. Please say so or PM us, with respect to Rule 1.
3) Barring any Quicktopics I have set up, please do not talk about this game outside of thread.
4) Do not directly quote anything we have sent to you via PM in the game thread. You may paraphrase if you wish, but be very careful when doing so. We decide what counts as paraphrasing and what doesn't.
5)
This is my colour, please try and avoid using it

6) For deciding conflicts in Night Actions, if any, I shall be using this, as per standard on the site.
7) Minor violations of these rules earn one strike against your name. Three strikes and you are modkilled; a serious violation results in immediate modkill. We decide what is minor and what is major. If for whatever reason you are modkilled, you automatically fail your win condition.

Basic (we hope) Courteousness

1) Play to your win condition
2) Read Rule 1 again, it is the most important of all these rules.
3) No hidden or encrypted text. Small text is allowed unless it is being used to be deliberately deceitful.
4) Banter and the like is fine, but we shall not tolerate insults, attacks, threats or general bad blood between players. This is just a game.
5) Obviously sometimes life gets in the way of playing (sad isn't it), so, you may of course request V/LA when appropriate, but please make sure it is.
6) Have fun! And try and make sure the other players do too.

Lurking

1) Not posting for 5 days earns you a Prod (assuming you're not V/LA)
2) The third time you break the above rule, you are replaced immediately.
3) If you feel you had good reason for not posting for the five days, then please PM me the reason, and I shall then decide if I retract the Prod against your name.
4) Missing a Voting Stage also gets you prodded too.

Rules specific to this game

1) Every day will utilise a different system of voting. However, they all hold some similar traits:
There is no formal voting during the day. You may of course (in fact I encourage you to) make unofficial votes, which I shall keep track of. To help us keep track of them, we request you
Bold
these Unofficial Votes.
At the end of each days deadline. I request each player send in their vote(s) as soon as they realistically can (giving themselves time to think about it though of course!), there will be a deadline for this too, as detailed below. Once all the votes are in (or the deadline passes), they are then calculated, and the lynchee is decided based upon the votes and the system. The votes are publically posted in the end of day scene.
2) Deadlines:
Each day will have a 3-week deadline, from the time of the Opening post, rounded forward to the nearest midnight (GMT), I shall post at the start of the day when that deadline is. Absolutely no posting can occur past this deadline (I shall try to be online to lock the thread at that moment to make sure no errors occur).
When there are less than half the players left alive, the deadline shall be shrunk to 2-weeks.
The Voting Phase and the Night Phase both have deadlines of 5 days.
3) Vote to Go to the Polls:
If you feel that any more discussion for the day would be counter-productive or moot, you may vote to end the day early by posting, in bold:
Go To The Polls
. If more than half the players are voting to do this, the day ends immediately, and no posting may occur after the vote that ends the day. Be careful with this option, once you vote to do this, it cannot be retracted for the rest of the day. A vote to Go To The Polls must be accompanied by a Preliminary Vote by PM.
4) The voting system in use for the day will be posted in the Opening to that day
5 The deadlines posted above cannot be extended, except for some extraordinary reason, such as a Site Crash. Neither me or Haylen respond well to begging.
Last edited by JordanA24 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Now you sit and think about it...Politics is somewhat like war. Despite the supposed decorum and civility that the formal procedures and the grand buildings suggest, and the public expects, in reality, there is no profession that you can think of that encourages such naked displays of animosity; heated arguments, once a method of conduct frowned upon by the high-brow followers of the machinations of how a country is run, it has now become the norm.

Even the vast majority of chambers that hold discourse are now designed to separate the combatants into their parties; which stand together like armies, staring each other down on a daily basis. The clashes of words between the members seem like common swordfights on a battlefield, while the harsh soundbites presented on various factionalistic news programs afterwards sear through the air like wild cannonfire, often indiscriminate on who or what it attacks, as long as it damages the opposing army.

And just like war, where the dead tell no tales, once your career has been curtailed by an injury to your standing, if the stinging barbs from your opponents nicks the skin of your ego, and the secrets that all people hold spill like blood onto the chamber, you're finished. No matter what you say, your pleading and protesting voice is drowned out by the heckles, catcalls and ridicule that echoes from all sides of the combat zone. Once you're dead in politics, nobody hears.

---

A man, who in this field, is all too aware of the common accusation of not caring about the people he is supposed to represent, is working late in his office tonight. To be fair to Nick Clegg, while it may sometimes appear he is only interested in advancing his own self-fulfilling purpose within his career, he does try to listen to what his constituents, the people he works for, has to say; he does have good intentions at heart. But unfortunately, a flaw of his has always been a one-track mind. For much of the time he is beleaguered by requests and information from his advisers and his populace, his mind is elsewhere, it's thinking to the next big meeting, or the important long-term objective he is trying to achieve.

Even now, working late here, he's breaking a promise to his wife, and he knows it, his brow sweats with the probable stewing his wife is doing right now, the mild, indirect aloofness she always possesses for a demeanor when he finally gets back home after doing this. He knows he must focus on this report sent in, for a decision to be made tomorrow. That's just how it is...people may think they are speaking to him and influencing his opinion, and molding a decision being worked over in his head; but, in reality, nobody hears...

The door creaks, and a shadow traipses into the room. The entity there, seems almost to eminate no light or even presence at all, it is afforded a few seconds to study the scene in front of him, to take in the air, to take in a silent breath of it and to narrow his eyes towards his prey, akin to a fox stalking a chicken he aims to take down, he does this before he is even noticed.
Nick's tentative voice becomes the only thing to pierce the dark, dark that the soft lamplight barely diffuses into, at the corner of the room where the mysterious being stands "Hel..Hello? May I help you?"
The shadow doesn't respond. Instead, it seems to creep in closer, gentle footsteps can be heard treading the ground towards him...
"How did you get in?? Who are you??"
Slowly, a being emerges from the eclipse, his steps towards you becoming bolder, more purposeful as they approach...
"G-g-get back, I'll get security!"
But, there is to be no security anymore for Nick. He suddenly cowers in terror, the fearsome weapon being held by his doombringer shimmers, the edge of it being cast in a sharp, almost dream-like haze of light. But for Nick, it will be his fatal nightmare.
His screams bellow out around the halls of Parliament. Nobody hears...

---

The echo, 8 hours late, is broadcast around the world. It originated from a cleaner, who was unfortunate enough to find Nick's body, in a state as twisted and bloody as the chapter in history it will become a prelude to. His mangled corpse was found, in an ironic twist of fate considering his living reputation, spineless...it had been ripped clean out.

The world plunged into a collective stunned shock at this murder...they all made the connection in their minds nearly straight away. While there was no official announcement from the group "For the People" until several hours later, the public all knew there could only be one possible perpetrator. From the original reverberation of the echo, there was to be absolutely no doubt: These guys were absolutely serious, and the cleaners scream served as their horrific battle cry.

There was no doubt now, the various leaders of the world, they had to take action. They had to communicate, their lives were now at risk, they were running on borrowed time now to capture and destroy the brutal soldiers of terrible and misguided "Reformers". They had to talk and debate and weed out the insurrectionists.

The world watched with baited breath. They were all going to hear...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We are now officially in Confirmation Stage. Please now post in thread to confirm you all have your role and you understand it, and are ready to play!

Also, I request of you that, while you are doing this, you answer a question for me:

What sort of role do you prefer playing Mafia as?
A) Scum
B) Town

Please post your answer in thread along with your confirmation.

Thank you :]
Last edited by JordanA24 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 10:48 am

Post by Trevor »

We are now officially in Confirmation Stage. Please now post in thread to confirm you all have your role and you understand it, and are ready to play!

Also, I request of you that, while you are doing this, you answer a question for me:

What sort of role do you prefer playing Mafia as?
A) Scum
B) Town

Please post your answer in thread along with your confirmation.

Thank you :]

I confirm.
B. Town, much more of a challenge and I enjoy the puzzle.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 am

Post by RedPanda »

/confirm

Always town. I like screaming at and catching scum
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Chevre »

Confirm.
B.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 am

Post by Code_X »

Confirm.

B. Much more entertaining knowing nothing.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:19 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Confirm.
Prefer town.

Btw as a former liberal democrat voter, I must say I am most pleased with the opening flavour.

Aha, we were of the same allegiance it seems :P
Last edited by JordanA24 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:20 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

/confirm

A. specifically serial killer
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 am

Post by Phillammon »

Confirm. A, because I usually get read as the opposite to my alignment...
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1, JordanA24 wrote:
5)
This is my colour, please try and avoid using it

MOD KILL ALL THESE PLAYERS THAT POSTED IN BLACK!!!

I prefer playing as town b/c I hate lurking

My apologies, I accidently clicked the wrong colour (easy to do with that small palette on the options list :P), I've amended it
Last edited by JordanA24 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am

Post by Phillammon »

Sorry... Legitimately colourblind. I thought it was dark purple...

I make a point of reading the rules, really...
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Junpei »

Confirm.

B; town is more difficult, and my motto is all in or out.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Chevre »

It is dark purple, jsyk. Hexcode 400040, to be exact. :D
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Confirm.

B. Town is more fun. I play for fun. The challenge.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:57 am

Post by Phillammon »

Oh. Shoulda quoted to check. I has a sad now...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no worries, Jor. I was just goofing around.

Nah, I appreciate you alerting me to that error :]
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

confirm

B. I like solving puzzles and mysteries.
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

Confirm.

A, There's nothing like having insider information!
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by glowball »

/confirm

A, Successful manipulation is much more gratifying.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

/confirm

A or B, doesn't matter to me. I guess if I have to, I'll say scum. It's fun watching Town on Town struggling against each other XD
coming back after a 3 year break.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Furcolow »

/confirm
i'm here, but i'm focusing on another game (in lylo) right now
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

/confirm

both a and b. They both have their pros and cons.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Seanald »

/confirm

A: and as syndrome said, specifically serial killer for sure.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

I vote to lynch the cleaner, clearly had motive plus he didn't hear nick screaming for security... Scumbag...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”