Normal 10 (Intrigue Mafia) - Deadline: March 18th 11am.

cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:03 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Vote count

11 RubberDuck (ambic, Werebear, Corsato, DP, DS, Polotet, mathcam, mikegoo, warrior, jadesmar, Night Stalker)
10 warrior4037 (AF, d8p, rite, jeep, PB, Porro, Gaspode, Bobacino, Dourgrim, Kelvin)
1 PolarBoy ( Leonidas)
1 NO LYNCH (RD)
1 DoomCow (CB)

16 to lynch

Not voting: DoomCow, GC, DarkBlade, Mackay, SaberKitty, Tigris

DEADLINE SET FOR 3 DAYS FROM NOW. March 18th, at 11:00 am (-0500)
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:14 am

Post by Polotet »

I'm sorry, I still think RubberDuck's role claim is ridiculous and unbelieveable, and will continue voting for him.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:19 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Out of curiosity, how do you feel a role claim can be "ridiculous and unbelievable" when we're playing in a game based on Improbable Role Mafia? I mean, the Flying Pumpkin is pretty unbelievable too, isn't it?
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by Polotet »

It's not the name of the role, but the substance: "I might get info if people vote for me" just doesn't sound like a viable role for me.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:26 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Of course this can lead to the famous, "That's just what you're meant to think" logic loop, but maybe the first thing that makes rubberduck's role claim believable is the fact that it's so ridiculous. Why would a Mafia claim a role that would actually attract lynching votes? That seems like an unnessecary risk. Wouldn't it be easier to claim cop before night one? That way he wouldn't have to reveal any investigations but could also squeeze out of a lynch. With RD's claim, we could almost lynch him by accident if we tried to help him help the town, what with simulposting. All in all, it's just not the kind of lie people normally think up. Everything that's happened lately has made me wonder what to think though. What are you supposed to do in situations like this?
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:04 pm

Post by Bobacino »

I don't really know what you are supposed to do. However, what happens most of the time in these situations is that people go with gut feelings and bandwagons and innocents get killed. What you should do, at this stage, is vote for the person who seems the most mafia like or else don't vote at all. Either way, someone is going to die in a couple of days, whether you cast your final vote or not... Sorry Im not much help! :)
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:21 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

You know, he could be a suicide bomber...
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Your
mom
could be a suicide bomber!

Oh, wait. We're trying to keep our posts reasonable and pertaining to logic, aren't we? Hum. Okay.

I find both warrior and Rubberduck as crap contenders for the lynch, so i'm not going to put my vote on either of them.
Vote: Night Stalker
. ..Basing that on limited personal suspicions.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:48 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Sorry for the delay. I was overworked and at an overnight debate trip. After looking through the pages, I shall
VOTE: Rubberduck
for I seriously doubt cuban creating a wizard
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:03 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

*cringes before plunging in*

I don't exactly follow the logic of that last post Darkblade, I assume you were mistaken. How does my role claim being suspicious make it more likely that rubber duck is mafia? Rubber Duck is the village idiot. I'm the wizard.

As far as my vote is concerned, I feel like it might be more worthwhile to leave it on Warrior. Not because I think he's scum, but because nobody else has more than one vote on him except Rubberduck, and I am interested in seeing the results of his investigation. Is it possible to get a bandwagon going at this point that will lead to 12 votes on anyone besides these two? Basically what it comes down to is I'd rather leave RD alive and find out that his claim was true than leave Warrior alive and find out that his claim was true. If RD's bandwagon doesn't come down
and
Warrior's doesn't come down, my vote will change, as it can no longer help RD at that point anyway.
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:14 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

You know what, I've just changed my mind. I think I see where Mr. Acino's suspicions come from.
unvote: Warrior4037
and
. One cannot merely echo his way out of a bandwagon.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:27 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Unvote: warrior
because certain people seem more suspicious to me right now (see later in the post), and at least you've claimed a useful role.
Big FOS: Warrior
until he reveals his role name.

vote: Darkblade
for voting without knowing what's going on. Polarboy is the claimed wizard, RD is the village idiot. If you don't have the right facts, don't vote. It's possible that he (Darkblade) is mafia who is trying to be a good little townie by jumping on a bandwagon quick, but got the facts wrong in his haste.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:40 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Ok, I thought up a bold strategy for using all of the recent information that has come forward and testing it for truth or falsehood at the same time. Here goes: We lynch virtually anybody except Warrior or Rubberduck, but we load up rubberduck with votes before the deadline, then Warrior protects RD tonight and RD reveals the results of his investigations tommorow. It will be fairly obvious if one of them is lying by tommorow and if we're lucky we get a stinking load of investigations. If we want to make sure that we find out if Warrior is lying or not I would reccomend that others docs who are suspicious of Warrior do NOT protect RD, I admit that this does put a potentially valuable asset at risk, but if we have liars it will definitely smoke them out. I submit my plan to the town for thurough analisys, any improvements would be gladly accepted. I'll attempt to post further comment tommorow, this is by no means a completed plan.
Kelvin
Kelvin
Ninja
Kelvin
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:41 pm

Post by Kelvin »

Dourgrim wrote:Out of curiosity, how do you feel a role claim can be "ridiculous and unbelievable" when we're playing in a game based on Improbable Role Mafia? I mean, the Flying Pumpkin is pretty unbelievable too, isn't it?

Oh no, a Flying Pumpkin's pretty believable. I mean, we have them commonly where I live.

But a Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass? That's incredible.

Okay, since we have a role claim from warrior4037, and no obvious mistake on his part, I rather want to adopt PolarBoy's plan for testing the veracity of warrior and Rubberduck. As such I find that the two people most suspicious to me at this point are Darkblade and Night Stalker.

Kelvin
Kelvin
Ninja
Kelvin
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:41 pm

Post by Kelvin »

What I meant was
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:48 am

Post by Bobacino »

Jesus, it's like a bloody ping-pong game! I do agree that voting either PolarBoy, RubberDuck or Warrior is probably a waste of an innocent (I think that Cuban is imaginative enough to include a wizard as a role, I think Polarboy's plan to test Warrior is logical and I think we could get loads of information from RD), and Night Stalker is lurking an awful lot.. so
unvote: Warrior
and
vote: Night Stalker
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:44 am

Post by Night Stalker »

Lurking an awful lot? I posted 9 posts ago!
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:40 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

But hardly at all before that. In fact I haven't seen another post for pages. Hold on, RD clamed village idiot, but what power was it?
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:42 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

polarboy wrote:but we load up rubberduck with votes before the deadline

Sorry, but what is the point of this agian?
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:15 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Vote count

13 RubberDuck (ambic, CB, Werebear, Corsato, DarkBlade, DP, DS, Polotet, mathcam, mikegoo, warrior, jadesmar, Night Stalker)
6 warrior4037 (AF, d8p, rite, jeep, Porro, Dourgrim)
4 Night Stalker (GC, PB, Bobacino, Kelvin
1 PolarBoy ( Leonidas)
1 NO LYNCH (RD)
1 DarkBlade (Gaspode)

16 to lynch

Not voting: DoomCow, Mackay, SaberKitty, Tigris

DEADLINE SET FOR 2 DAYS FROM NOW. March 18th, at 11:00 am (-0500)

Post count edited because as I was reading through the thread, I discovered CB has been voting for RD all along (since page 5).
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:52 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

unvote: RD

vote: NS

I'm back. Need more time to read.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:03 pm

Post by Tigris »

Sorry for being quiet, I have been quite sick (coughing for 2 days straight amongst other things), still don't trust the duck, but would rather give him a day to confirm some things, right now he is the one getting lynched, but since I don't find any of the front-runners all that suspicious, but perhaps I am not thinking clearly. :(
If all you guys voting for me must know, Im the village idiot and I always have to try to be the center of attention, the more votes I get acts sorta like an investigation. Other than that LALAOLOLOLaOLOL :D

Here is the duck's quote about votes for anyone curious.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:56 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Alright,
unvote: Darkblade
. I still think he's suspicious, though.
Vote: NS
because I want to keep RD and Warrior alive until tomorrow, and his "I'm not lurking" post was pretty stupid.
Lurking an awful lot? I posted 9 posts ago!
Yeah, and it (the post referred to in the quote) was really useful, too. :roll: It consisted of eight whole words.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:58 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

unvote Rubberduck
Benefit of the doubt (not my style). O well.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:28 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Vote count

11 RubberDuck (ambic, Werebear, Corsato, DarkBlade, DP, Polotet, mathcam, mikegoo, warrior, jadesmar, Night Stalker)
6 Night Stalker (CB, GC, PB, Gaspode, Bobacino, Kelvin)
6 warrior4037 (AF, d8p, rite, jeep, Porro, Dourgrim)
1 PolarBoy (Leonidas)
1 NO LYNCH (RD)

16 to lynch

Not voting: DoomCow, Mackay, SaberKitty, Tigris, Dragon Slayer

DEADLINE SET FOR
25.5 HOURS
FROM NOW. March 18th, at 11:00 am (-0500)

Sometime this evening I will make a judgement call as to whether to extend the deadline. The post count should change dramatically for me to do that.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”