UPick: Mafiascum Fantasy Camp - All over!

Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

UPick: Mafiascum Fantasy Camp - All over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Back-up mod:
Kdub
Reviewed by:
Kdub and Andrius

Currently Enjoying Camp (Alive) (3/17)

Irony
Vezokpiraka
inHimshallibe
Regfan
16. Mastermind of Sin

Sent packing (Dead)

0. Faraday, Mina Fanboy,
Town Aligned
(killed N0)
15. Amrun, shaft.ed Fangirl,
Town Aligned
(lynched D1)
5. MagnaofIllusion, DrippingGoofball Fanboy
Town Aligned
(Killed N1)
14. DemonHybrid, drmyshottyizsik Fanboy
Mafia Aligned
(Lynched Day 2)
13. Candle Jack, Tarhalindur Fanboys,
Town Aligned
(Killed Night 2)
17. Hinduragi, Albert B. Rampage Fanboy,
Town Aligned
(Lynched Day 3)
8. AlmasterGM, Reapercharlie Fanboy,
Town Aligned
(Killed Night 3)
4. Vi, Gammagooey Fanentityofambigousgender,
Town Aligned
(Lynched Day 4)
9. Lady Lambdadelta, Lady Lambdadelta Fangirl
Town Aligned
(Killed Night 4)
11. ToastyToast, Parama Fanboy
Town Aligned
(Killed Night 5)
Yami-Swan
Ongoing Games, Sociopath Fanboys,
Town Aligned
(Lynched Day 6)
1. Nikanor, Cobalt Fanboy
Town Aligned
(Endgamed Day 6)
7. Screaming Death Clan, Fate Fanboys,
Town Aligned
(Endgamed Day 6)
10. GreyICE, chesskid3 Fanboy,
Town Aligned
(Endgamed Day 6)

Thrown in the lake (Modkilled)

3. Benmage, Thor665 Fanboy,
Town Aligned
(Modkilled but NOT made a neutral survivor Day 5)

Notable Camp Moments

Day 1: So it begins!
Night 1: Amrun gets shafted.
Day 2: RIP, DGB
Night 2: drmyshottyizdead
Day 3: Tar gets mod screwed
Night 3: Illustrated Rampage
Day 4: Ah yes, 'Dead'
Night 4: Autobiograparty
Day 5: Red is Dead
Night 5: Benmage kicked out!
Day 6: Parama's Toast!
Night 6: We still ongoing?
Last edited by Lost Butterfly on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 60 times in total.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

The Rules

> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Don’t quote any private communication. This includes with the mod, masons, neighbours, between hydras. Doing so will result in a modkill. Always paraphrase.
4) Play nice. Step over the line of what I feel is acceptable and I will warn/force replace you.
5) No Sig/Avatar bets, this is actually covered by rule 1 but people seem to forget it’s a site wide rule.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

6) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Hoopla
or VOTE: Hoopla. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. Any other derivation will NOT be counted (i.e. hammer: Mina would not be counted)
7) Unvotes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated.
8) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
9) You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
10) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post. There'll be a graveyard to complain in/tell us how awesome you are/complain to me.

> Activity & Deadlines

12) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
13) Prods will be issued after 48 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too, I'm human I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
14) If you do not make a post within 24 hours of being prodded I will begin the search for a replacement. If you post before I find one you get to keep your spot though.
15) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
16) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks unless specified as otherwise
17) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. We don't do less than majority here in
Westeros
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp.
18) Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing.
19) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.

> Other Information

20) No mechanism or website may be used to prove that a decision was achieved randomly. I.e. you may chose who claims first by rolling a dice, but you'll have to trust the person who rolled the dice not to lie. This means no dice tags in my game.
21)
PURPLE
and Mech font are my colours I will use for modly purposes. Try not to use them, oh also no hard to read colours.
18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. You can request them, but it probably won’t be necessary, expect one every few pages at worst.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will punish you. If something is fuzzy for you, please ask!
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know in thread.
21) Flavour is just flavour. Flavour is also spelled with a u. Silly Americans.
22) There is no rule eleven. Mostly because I numbered this wrong and going back to edit it takes :effort:
23) Have fun!

Newly revealed rules:
11a) Particular to this game, all players must respect any additional rules and restrictions in their role PMs, including those affecting voting, posting styles, and formatting. A player may be modkilled in the way most damaging to his faction for an infraction of Rule 11, but not made a neutral survivor and autolossed.
11b) A 50%+1 majority on anyone on the player list or on the modding account will result in a lynch and end the day. If Lost Butterfly is lynched or killed in any manner, all posting and voting restrictions mentioned in 11a will be abolished, as the mods will be unable to inflict their own sick whims on the players.

Also please note that aligments were randomised for this game and not based on your Upick choices. Enjoy the game!
Last edited by Lost Butterfly on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Night 0 - Far away, Faraday.

Goodbye, mom!" said Faraday, grinning from ear to ear. "Yes, I'll write. I'll miss you, too!"

He put his cell phone away. As the bus zoomed along the highway, he could barely contain his anticipation. He and the other directors had devoted so much time and money to preparing Mafiascum Fantasy Camp to open for its first session. The concept had appealed to him so much because he'd wanted to help others like himself--people who wanted a chance to live vicariously as someone else.

Finally, he could make their dream--
his
dream--a reality.

He'd already got into character before leaving the house. Beaming, he touched the baker's hat on his head....

"Oh, shit," said Faraday, taking off his outfit. "Don't tell me I logged into the wrong account again."

The costume he'd painstakingly designed for camp was buried at the bottom of his suitcase, he remembered. He fished through his luggage until he found what he was looking for--a pair of pink butterfly wings and a Bart Simpson mask. The wings were somewhat crumpled, but otherwise undamaged. He smoothed them out and slipped his arms through the straps.

For so long, he'd tried his hardest to win Mina's approval, to no avail. He tried to pretend that his admiration was reciprocated. Surely it was a coincidence that she saddled him with all the posting whenever they shared a hydra, that she "fell asleep" in the middle of AIM conversations, and that the cops inexplicably showed up whenever he tried to leave dead birds on her doorstep.

But this made up for all of that.

I can
be
her.
He tied the Bart Simpson mask behind his head.

The sun was already setting when the bus pulled into the parking lot of the camp grounds. Outside were over a dozen scummers, most of whom Faraday recognized. Some had also brought costumes, a few of which put Faraday's homemade construction paper butterfly wings to shame.

Faraday dragged his suitcase down the steps of the bus. He headed to greet the campers in the middle. As the camp director, he was in charge of the orientation.

"Hey, Faraday!" someone called.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. He recognized that voice. "Not Faraday. I'm
Mina
now."

"If you say so." The speaker looked uncomfortable. "Hey, listen. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. I'd do anything for you, my good friend whose name I'll evasively refuse to speak for the purpose of this scene."

The speaker smiled stiffly. "Likewise. Can we talk somewhere in private?"

More campers were streaming out from the buses in the parking lot, but Faraday and his acquaintance went in the opposite direction. They walked until they reached a secluded area behind the boathouse.

"What did you want to tell me?" asked Faraday.

The stranger did not respond. He or she was looking behind them at the sunset, biting his or her lip with an anxious expression on his or her face.

Faraday shuffled his feet. "So, are you excited for Mafiascum Fantasy Camp?"

The speaker's eyes lit up. "I'm loving it so far. It's like a dream come true!"

"I'm glad to hear it!" said Faraday.

"Imagine. No sitting at a desk, slaving our lives away. We get to live twenty-four hours a day as our favourite scummer. As the
elite
of mafiascum. Those who
breathe
Mafia."

"Um...I wouldn't go that far," said Faraday. A nervous laugh escaped his lips. "You can choose any scummer you want. It's not about being 'elite.'"

"But they're part of the community," said the camper, eyes suddenly shining. "Mafiascum is like a big family to me. By the way, I'd like your opinion on something." The camper motioned westward, to the sun's last light staining the horizon's fringe red and orange. The rest of the sky had darkened to a deep blue-black. "Faraday, what would you call this time? Twilight? Night itself?"

"How many times do I have to tell you?" snapped Faraday. "I'm Mina. Look, I can prove it." He scrunched up his face and quivered his lower lip. "Oh my God, I can't decide who to vote for!"

"What a stellar impression," said the speaker.

"Thank you," said Faraday. "I practiced it for hours!"

"It shows." The scummer smiled. "Mafia meets can't even compare to this. Damn pretenders. They play hours and hours of live-action Mafia, and think they're true scummers. But that's all it ever is to them. A game."

Faraday fidgeted with the mask on his face. "Well, you know, it
is
a game."

"I thought you'd understand," said the speaker. "That's what my family said, what the doctor said when they tried to lock me up. 'You need to separate reality from fiction.' They're the enemy, but you? You're supposed to be one of us. Tell me, what's reality? Filing paperwork in a cubicle? Making small talk with people I don't care about? Or the world in which I fit in, where I make life-or-death decisions every day? Where am I really living life?"

The camper fumbled for something underneath his or her jacket. "It's getting dark out now. Well, I suppose it's close enough."

The speaker grinned then.

"Why does it matter?" Faraday's heart had started pounding like a jackhammer in his chest. Something was very
wrong
about the way the scummer was looking at him.

"It doesn't, really," said the speaker. "I just find it much more authentic to nightkill someone
after
sundown."

Faraday blinked. "What are--"

In his last moments, he never realized that the distorted sound muffled by the silencer was a gunshot. Blood seeped through the bullet hole in the forehead of the Bart Simpson mask. Faraday's body crumpled to the ground, crushing the butterfly wings underneath its weight.

The camper slipped the gun back into the pocket underneath the overcoat. Better keep it safe. Soon enough, it would be used again.

The small group devoted to their cause had agreed on the details before they'd left for fantasy camp. It was a shame to kill the camp director, but hey, there were enough back-ups to fill his shoes. Besides, Faraday was a more entertaining character to mock than Kdub in an opening scene.

The mask, now soaked through with blood, slipped crookedly down Faraday's face. His lifeless eyes stared emptily at his killer.

The camper meant everything he or she had told Faraday, and others shared the same point of view. It wasn't enough to live as a Mafia player. For just one glorious week, they would live a Mafia
game

Faraday, Mina Fanboy, was killed N0.

This is an example of a Sample Role PM which is
not
in the game. Protown roles will have the same colouring and the same win condition as this.

Welcome to Mafiascum Fantasy Camp. I hope you enjoy your stay.

You are Faraday, Mina Fanboy,
Town Aligned

Now usually I'd write flavour here; perhaps some sort of funny scene with Faraday preparing to be Mina. The truth is however I'm actually dressed in a Butterfly costume right now to honour this game. I'd show you, honestly, but I don't have a camera. You'll have to take my word on it though. You're probably thinking 'this seems fillerish' -- you'd be right in all honesty. On with the show!

Abilities:

Active

AAAAAAAAAAHHH
- Each Day you may 'AAAAAAAAAAAH' in the game thread. This has little to no effect. People will probably find your frustration and inability to make a decision hilarious though.

Passive:

He's town. No, he's not. Or is he? Fuck, I don't know.
You know that players in this game may be town. They also may not be town. You just haven't decided for sure which yet; well actually, you did. Then you changed your mind at least 15 times. AAAAAAAHHHH.

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player is left alive.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Role PM's will begin going out in a short while.
EDIT: Role PMs have been sent out. The game will begin when 15/17 players confirm.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 1, pre-game votecount
Not voting:
Nikanor, Irony, Meransiel, Vi, MagnaofIllusion, Yami-Swan, Screaming Death Clan, AlmasterGM, Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, ToastyToast, inHimshallibe, Candle Jack, DemonHybrid, Amrun, Mastermind of Sin, Hinduragi

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline for day 1 is (expired on 2011-08-27 17:07:25) or the 27th of August at 22:10 GMT, or 17:10 EST.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Vote:
Spyrex
SDC

For not getting me in POWERFUL WIZARDS

Hold on...

Unvote:
Vote: Vi
You said my name?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:28 am

Post by GreyICE »

Well so much for the alignments being randomized. I threw this on as an offhand joke as my second pick, because I thought no one would take my first one. -_-

And... my pick apparently earns me third party. How about I pretend I win with the town, and tell you what various random hoops I'm supposed to get you to jump through? I need three of them done before I get to shuffle off this coil. I'll scumhunt my bestest.

Today, I need every player to post CHESSKID in the thread once.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 am

Post by ToastyToast »

VHESSKID?

Also, LB is already aware, but
V/LA 13-14 and 17-20
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:07 am

Post by GreyICE »

QQ

QQ
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: Hinduragi

For being scum in Dexter.

Grey, what kind of assurance can you give me that helping you won't harm my wincon?

I'll probs do it, just asking you helped me in calculus mafia.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:22 am

Post by GreyICE »

I can't really offer one. I have a few nifty powers, but only two that are provable and I can't use either night one (all my abilities involve transposing the word Chesskid into different things, a handful of letters at a time).

I can assure you I definitely don't want to harm the town, and plan to scumhunt to the best of my ability.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Amrun »

CHESSKID

Does your win end the game?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

Hells no. I just leave the thread.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:33 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: Hinduragi
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

AAAAAAAAAAAH

Original Roll String: 1d17
1 17-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:42 am

Vote: Irony

lmao
Permanent V/LA.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:44 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Mastermind, are you against RVS bandwagons, or do you just not care either way?

You want this one.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:50 am

GreyICE wrote:Well so much for the alignments being randomized. I threw this on as an offhand joke as my second pick, because I thought no one would take my first one. -_-

And... my pick apparently earns me third party. How about I pretend I win with the town, and tell you what various random hoops I'm supposed to get you to jump through? I need three of them done before I get to shuffle off this coil. I'll scumhunt my bestest.

Just saw this. Day 1 is pretty much decided now guys. Never let a third party player survive long enough to fuck the town over.

Unvote, Vote: GreyICE

If he's a jester I'm happy to oblige either way.
Permanent V/LA.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:Well so much for the alignments being randomized. I threw this on as an offhand joke as my second pick, because I thought no one would take my first one. -_-

I wouldn't suggest you feel bad. CHESSKID was on my list as well.

Vote: Mastermind of Sin
(L-8)
I do not believe that you "just saw this". It was probably more like "I was planning on making a useless vote, but then saw a free easy target".
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Wait, so you actually think I read past the opening scene before making my random dice vote?

You of all people have been around long enough to know better, Vi.
Permanent V/LA.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

Weee let's waste a lynch ona third party so I can pretend to be pro-town!

VOTE: Mastermind of Sin
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:

Just saw this. Day 1 is pretty much decided now guys. Never let a third party player survive long enough to fuck the town over.

Unvote, Vote: GreyICE

If he's a jester I'm happy to oblige either way.

Unvote, Vote: Mastermind of Sin

You see a claimed third party in his FIRST POST and you decide to vote him?

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

CHESSKID

You want this one.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 pm

...and?

Third party players only serve to distract us the longer they are alive.
Permanent V/LA.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Please see rule 20. Dice tags are prohibited, please don't use them in the future.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”