DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

jakesh97 wrote:But I called Andrew AND LittleGrey a VI in the post you complained about.

jakesh97 wrote:Policy Lynches are stupid if it's just because of a VI meta.
This is what I was trying to get out.

I never state my FULL reasoning for anything in one post. I'd rather see peoples reaction and now I have yours. In my opinion, Reactions to other statements provide the biggest reads in the game.

Calling them VI's was what triggered my tirade, not what it was about. Not that I blame you for reading it that way, or even that it's bad that you did, I'm just explaining.

I'm curious as to what you thought of my reaction.

Amrun wrote:I didn't say I was great paragon of content - as it is very early game - but the fact remains that several things have happened that ARE noteworthy and you have managed to avoid them all, Flashlight.

Well this is just not completely true. I'm not being very helpful now, and I know that, but there's very little to do only what, a day into the game? Just because I didn't address the things you thought were pressing doesn't mean that I'm not doing anything at all. Now if you'd like me to say something I thought a while ago, here. I read your case on LittleGrey, and while I think it's odd that a non-Newbie would do that, I ultimately don't think it's a scumslip or even too suspicious. We're essentially in unofficial RVS with an emphasis on massclaim discussion, and Grey cited RVS as his reason for voting Hoopla. Hoopla, while I've never played with her, seems to have the reputation of an ace. It's always good to pressure someone who rarely makes mistakes. Is one RVS vote pressure? Not really, but it's more than 0 votes. Meanwhile, I read his case on Muffin as a joke, except the thing about voting before confirmations were in after seeing Jake do the same thing, which Muffin clearly said that he read, so it's null
. Furthermore, his thoughts on Jake's 'true intent' was simply a thought. He has no real reason to think there was intent behind it, it was just something to think about, and after thinking about it very briefly, I decided it was nothing, mostly since with my limited knowledge of the players on this site I didn't know Jake (or anyone else) viewed Andrew as a VI.

zMuffinMan wrote:
Why wait til the game starts?

I dunno how I feel about how Jake tried to RV someone he later called a VI, when he then went on to say that we shouldn't policy lynch VI's.

"But didn't you just say that Grey didn't have a point with 'Jake's true intent', then raise it yourself?" Yeah, but Jake hadn't said he was anti-PL when Grey posted that.

I have to sleep and stuff, but I'd love to address some of the other points I was neutral-silent on tomorrow. I'll likely still be neutral on most, but less silent.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

swank wrote:I'm tempted to give up hopes of winning and follow through with your proposed experiment.

This line here is what I really don't like about swank's #48. It
sounds
to me like he thinks whatever plan Hoopla is going to propose will benefit scum in some way, but he's willing to blindly follow it for 'experimental' purposes.

swank wrote:In addition to his support of a risky plan, Muffin's interpretation would completely neutralize one of the town's better PRs. When I bring up counterclaim issues, his tone is pretty dismissive - I think it's a much bigger vulnerability the plan than he does.

Yes, it would neutralise one of town's PRs (in my plan, the det-psych), but here's the thing.
Any
sort of mass-claim is going to 'neutralise' at least one of the PRs. My plan protects what I consider to be the more useful PRs (vig-tracker, HT) in exchange for the sacrifice of the det-psych (baiting the N1 kill) and most probably the hider at some point.

You brought up the issue of counter-claims, but it's a non-issue, because the vig-tracker cannot be counter-claimed (he won't be claiming) and the HT issue I already proposed a solution. But here's the thing: even if the vig-tracker did claim and was counter-claimed D1, the real vig-tracker could choose to be a vig and vig the liar, and we'd have all our other PRs alive tomorrow. There is really no counter-claim issue here. So yes, I'm being dismissive.

grey wrote:If I told you that would defeat the purpose of me making a new one. Just to be fair, the only person here I've ever been in a game with was zMuffin, but that was a while ago.

Oh, I know who you are then. I think. If you like sitting in a chair and eating sweets.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Hoopla »

DarkFlashlight wrote:Hoopla, you've been mighty discrete. I believe most if not everyone is willing to try your crazy strategy, but you seem to be keeping it underwraps. You even said that after you say it, we don't have to do it, so why are you so hesitant?

From a reads/information standpoint, I had a vested interest in hiding the strength and details of the plan. Slow-cooking it allows scum to get nervous, make stances prior to my plan, as opposed to me just dumping the plan in my first post and scum acting according to it's strength. I have some theories about how scum may have acted in the build-up, but I'll reveal my plan now.

~~

When designing an open game, the threat of a Day 1 massclaim being beneficial is always a factor you need to compensate for. Most set-ups prevent this strategy by having a high amount of VT's to minimise the ratio of unique roles to non-unique roles. By massclaiming in a game with a low ratio of unique roles, the scum have a big enough pool of VT's to hide within, and can eliminate the unique roles faster than the town can eliminate the pool of VT's. Another way for mods to prevent massclaim being a breaking strategy is by giving scum abilities that can manipulate other powers, or provide a set-up with slight uncertainty (ie; two possible set-ups, or certain roles possibly not existing, which gives scum fakeclaiming space). In this set-up, we have complete information - the only way for scum to fakeclaim is to set up a 50/50 between them and one of the power roles.

This set-up in particular has an unusually high amount of unique town power roles. This is what we want to capitalise on. The fact that the scum has no daytalk and is vanilla in every way makes crafting a plan even more viable. Essentially, we are trying to create a pool of confirmed town PR's and a pool of VT's/scum, and are racing scum to eliminate the VT pool faster than the PR pool.

Hang on, you say. If we're dividing the players into groups of 4 and 8 - how are we suupposed to whittle down that group quicker than the scum? This is where the vig comes into play. As opposed to having a kill cycle that operates like this; T/S/T/S, a vig changes it to T/T/S/T/T/S. The only problem here is that outing the vigilante Day 1 means we don't get to cash in on that cycle of improved town to scum kills - the scum can just kill off the vigilante N1. This is where zmuffin was on the right track. We keep the vigilante hidden from scum. However, I want to go one step further and keep it hidden from town too.

Having the Hider/Hider Tracker/Detective-Psychologist as the only claimers means we have a new problem to solve. We run the risk of running the vigilante up on D1, essentially outing it for the N1 kill, meaning we can't cash in on the improved kill cycle long-term. We also now create a fakeclaim option for scum - they can claim Vigilante D1 upon being wagoned to lynch. Although the real vig will kill this scum N1, we now don't get the chance of lynching scum D1. Coupled with potentially outing the real vig, we need to find a better way to organise the lynch, whilst still keeping the vig hidden. Here is how we do it;

After the three town PR's are claimed, we have scum locked in a pocket of 9 players. Voluntarily, four players (not the vig) will claim they are a VT and not the vig. And we only lynch from that pool of VT claimers. The vig then shoots from the pool of non VT claimers. This means that scum now has to choose which sub-pool to position themselves in. If they go all in the lynch pool, they essentially guarantee one of them being lynched today. If they all go in the vig pool, they essentially guarantee being vigged N1. The only rational play here is for scum to split 2 and 1 across the two groups.

This doesn't matter to the town, really. We're purely focused on our PR group outlasting the scum group. And we give ourselves a very good chance of doing so by hiding the vig. A false scum kill targeting a VT (if they attempt to hit the vig N1) all but loses the game for them, as that is a two-player swing. One VT gone, plus one PR still alive. Unless scum want to gamble on going for vig N1 (and losing if they're wrong) we force their hand into killing from the pool of PR's. Fortunately, we have a Hider, which we can use strategically to avoid scumkills and/or pinpoint scum. It's preferable in this instance, if the Hider DOESN'T die from hiding behind scum, as this gives scum a free PR kill, even if it does yield us scum the next day.

My plan for Night 1 entails the Hider flipping a coin between hiding/not hiding. If it hides, it is to hide behind our pool of claimed VT's, because we don't want it to hide behind the Vig - and it is likelier than the scum are divided 2:1 in the 5:4 pool respectively, making the VT pool a lower chance of dying. Now that I've said this, scum could easily tailor a plan to have two scum claim VT and nominate themselves for the lynch - in which case, I welcome it. We now have a 50/50 chance of lynching scum today, and the vig is even more well hidden, as there are more VT's in that group.

This should be enough margin for error to make shooting at the Hider a gamble too - if scum miss, they've just killed another VT falsely (or got no kill if going for the Hider), which is enough for us to lock down the game. Scum's only real NK options on N1 is to kill the Hider Tracker or the Det/Psych. Neither of these are net losses for town. We either get an investigation from the Det/Psych, or confirmation from the Hider Tracker on what the Hider did (this is handy if the Hider flips hide, and chooses to hide behind scum).

In most instances, we should wake up tomorrow with 9 alive. There is an outside chance of the Hider failing - if the Hider flips hide and hides behind scum, leaving us with 8 alive tomorrow. Even if that were to happen, we still have a 50/50 chance of the Hider Tracker being alive, netting us a guaranteed scum from that info. Really, we stand a strong chance of hitting scum Day 1/Night 1 as well, so if we wake up with 9 alive and one scum down, we're in a supremely advantageous position. I'll elaborate on what happens from D2 onward after I dump this plan. I just want to make sure everyone understands everything so far, as it is complex.

~~

Of course, to get into that position, we need to ensure that scum DON'T counterclaim one of our roles on Day 1. I think it is more beneficial for us in the long-run if they do, but I haven't thought this path through as deeply as I have the other. But locking themself into a 50/50 claim with a player means they cannot kill that powerrole without outing themself. It isn't viable for scum to counterclaim the Hider, as the Hider playing as an investigation role has a chance of dying on its own, proving the other player to be scum. It isn't viable for the scum to counterclaim the Hider Tracker, as the scum now has to fake results on what the Hider did - something scum cannot know. It's not viable (but the most viable of the three options) to claim Psych/Detective, as we can leave these two players alive until deeper in the game, knowing one is scum, forcing them to constantly produce results. We should get to a stage where scum cannot keep clearing/incriminating players.

As the Psych/Detective is the only rational counterclaim option for scum, we should have this role claim first WITHOUT the other roles claiming. If no scum counterclaims, great. We can move onto the massclaim idea. If scum does, and we have two Psych/Detective claims, we still have the Hider/Hider Tracker/Vigilante hidden and we've forced scum into going into a 50/50 for no gain. The beauty of that situation is that scum cannot kill the Det/Psych, meaning we can generate results for free and take the 50/50 chance later in the game when we get results either way. Surely by then, we should be good enough as a town to work out which player is likely the liar. I also have some ideas on how to play it so we protect the vig if scum choose this path, but I'll let you all read this post before I continue.

Sorry for the giant wall.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I disagree that the hider should flip coin to decide who he hides behind.

I think, if we go ahead with your plan, hider should announce who he hides behind before nightfall. Yes, there's a possibility he hides behind scum and scum kill either HT or det-psych, and we're down 2 PRs, but it also means we'd have confirmed scum going into tomorrow on top of D1 lynch + vig shot + 2 town PRs left with the vig still in hiding. And if the hider doesn't die, then we have a confirmed town + hider + 2 PRs still left + vig shot + d1 lynch.

Also, this circumvents the issue I had with your plan (that all 3 scum could hide in the possible-vig pool and aim the vig tonight) because we'd be building a pool of confirmed townies outside of the possible-vig pool.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

EBWOP: disagree that he should flip a coin to decide whether he hides*

I think he should always hide and announce it (just in case scum do kill the HT first).

Also the HT could technically be counter-claimed, so the hider should only claim after the HT claims and has no been CCed.

Order would be like: everyone claims det-psych or not-det-psych, once that is over, everyone claims HT or not-HT, once that's over Hider claims.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Hoopla »

zMuffinMan wrote:Also, this circumvents the issue I had with your plan (that all 3 scum could hide in the possible-vig pool and aim the vig tonight) because we'd be building a pool of confirmed townies outside of the possible-vig pool.

If scum were to all hide in the vig pool, we still get one vig-shot from it, have a 50/50 chance of scum missing, and guarantee that the Hider doesn't die when it hides within the VT pool. Since we are in even numbers we either want one death at night or three to maximise our chances at winning. One death at night is free. Two deaths costs us a mislynch, whilst we get three night deaths for the cost of one mislynch. We should be aiming for three vigilante kills - we can't get that with a Hider death.

If the scum decide to all hide within the vig-pool, they're signalling their intentions that that's where they are hiding. They are not going to shoot there if they have a 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 chance of being right - as they lose the game in almost all situations where they miss. If they have a 1 in 2 chance at hitting the vig, they could take it, but once the Hider and Hider Tracker claim an innocent target, we'll have probably had one scum vigged and one player in the VT's cleared - it isn't a viable strategy for scum.

Hider claiming target prior to the Night is dim. We give the scum two free kills and get no information from the Hider. The Hider should claim a pool of players (ie; the VT pool) and hide behind whoever it thinks is the towniest player (if we're ruling out not-hiding as an option).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

To clarify, if the Hider announces a town target - then the scum just need to target that player to net a townie/hider double kill. We don't get any confirmed innocents from that situation, as the Hider's target doesn't live.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by MrBump »

Vote Count 1.02

Hoopla - 2
(glowball, LittleGrey)
andrew94 - 2
(zMuffinMan, Quilford)
Quilford - 2
(jakesh97, swankidelic)
neil1113 - 1
(DarkFlashlight)
LittleGrey - 1
(Amrun)

Not Voting:
andrew94, neil1113, Hoopla, Oversoul

With twelve alive, it takes
seven
to lynch! The deadline is on the 8th of July at 9:42 GMT!

glowball is currently V/LA.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Hoopla wrote:To clarify, if the Hider announces a town target - then the scum just need to target that player to net a townie/hider double kill. We don't get any confirmed innocents from that situation, as the Hider's target doesn't live.

This would be optimal for town.

Hider/townie dying while the vig takes a shot, the det-psych gets a check and the HT is a confirmed townie alive D2? I'll take that.

Absolute worst case scenario, we'd be down to 8 people with 3 scum still alive, 2 confirmed townies, 1 vig who could claim D2, and we'd be in a really, really good position to win the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

zMuffinMan wrote:
This would be optimal for town.

Hider/townie dying while the vig takes a shot, the det-psych gets a check and the HT is a confirmed townie alive D2? I'll take that.

Absolute worst case scenario, we'd be down to 8 people with 3 scum still alive, 2 confirmed townies, 1 vig who could claim D2, and we'd be in a really, really good position to win the game.

I'm not sure if it would. Two vig kills, one Hider death isn't bad. But it pales in comparison to three vig kills, because that is nearly enough brute on it's own to win the game. We should use the other PR's as bait to take the NK away from the vig.

Of the three town-aligned night kills we're awarded, any three of those kills can be scum if the vig uses them all. In a situation with two vig kills and one Hider-related death, the cap is reduced to two. One of those three kills has to be town from the outset. In the situation where the Hider/Townie dies, that is obviously suboptimal when you compare it to allowing the scum to kill the Hider for free and the vig taking a shot at a VT. As the Vig has a chance of a scum death - the Hider doesn't. Are you following me?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm actually not following you here...

Just walk me through this, baby steps, and I'll explain why I'm not following this.

Say we lynch a VT today, for worst-case scenario purposes.
Hider announces he will hide behind a townie.
Scum kills that VT tonight.
Hider + VT die.
Vig kills a VT in another worst-case scenario.

Tomorrow we have:

3 scum
Confimed HT
Confirmed det-psych
2 VTs
1 vig.

I think this is a very good situation for town, especially if the det-psych gets a good result, but even if he doesn't there are 2 confirmed townies, 1 vig that has the option of claiming D2 (can't be CCed because it would be suicide for scum - we would choose not to lynch either of them and they'd take each other out at night), and very good leads based on D1 play.

And this is worst-case scenario, not including the possibility of lynching scum D1 or vigging scum N1.

I don't see why this is a bad thing.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

It's not a bad thing, it's just less optimal.

The thing with 12 player games is, they're bound by the typical metric of three mislynches to lose, three correct lynches to win. Being in even numbers, you need to no-lynch at some point. An alternate method to no-lynching is by having a vig-kill. You still get three mislynches, but you get a vig kill for free. Say that vig used its kill on Night 1 - great! We just got that kill for free, without being at the expense of the town losing a mislynch. However, if it were to kill again on Night 2, we wouldn't get three mislynches. The vigilante is cutting into that supply by taking a second kill and putting us back on even numbers. We now get two mislynches and two vig-kills, which many would argue is less desirable than three mislynches and one vig-kill. If the cycle continued once more (the vig is still alive and able to have a third shot), the town attains two mislynches and three vig kills, which is obviously more desirable than the first two options, as they only allow four town aligned lynches/kills throughout the game.

In the worst case scenario where we mislynch twice and misvig three times - we lose the game. The only way this happens is if those five kills are on all five of the VT's, which is extremely unlikely. If we lynch scum D1 or D2 without hitting scum at night, our second available mislynch is still in tact on D3 enabling us a third vig kill that night. If we kill scum N1 or N2, and don't hit scum during the day, we gain a third available mislynch for Day 3, enabling another vig kill that night.

Our whole strategy should be predicated on netting the town five possible wrong guesses. We can do that with two mislynches/three misvigs or three mislynches/two misvigs. But the only way we can attain the magical five shots is if the Hider doesn't take one of the kills. The Hider dying costs us a mislynch or a misvig. That Hider death isn't worth losing an extra shot at hitting scum with our vig, because in most situations where a Hider/Townie dies, that's a guaranteed town death for the cost of a mislynch/misvig. That isn't worth it.

All we need to do to get five shots is protect the vig until Night 3 and be correct at least once in our first four shots (D1 lynch, N1 vig kill, D2 lynch, N2 vig). In every other situation with the Hider dying, we only get four.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Amrun »

Hider should not claim target.

Support this plan.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

If your plan is just based on numbers, then the hider shouldn't hide at all.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Amrun »

No, because a confirmed clear will go a hell of a long way.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:01 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

No, because if he hides behind scum and scum kill the HT, then we're down to 8 players tomorrow, and we're in a worse situation than if he announced who he is hiding behind.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Amrun »

True,n but I still don't think it's good to announce.

And if the scum kill the HT, then we get a spych/det result AND we know there's scum in that VT pool so we just kill it until it's dead.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Amrun wrote:True,n but I still don't think it's good to announce.

And if the scum kill the HT, then we get a spych/det result AND we know there's scum in that VT pool so we just kill it until it's dead.

Which is why I think if the Hider isn't going to announce it, he should just not hide altogether. Saves complications with losing 2 PRs N1, especially when a det-psych investigation isn't necessarily reliable.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Amrun »

Did you miss the part where knowing there's scum in the vt pool is a good thing?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:48 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

... No, it isn't.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Look, I'll just try to illustrate to you why it's a bad thing going on numbers alone.

If there's 1 scum member in the no-vig pool, say we mislynch 1 VT today, hider hides behind scum in the non-vig pool (without announcing it), scum kill HT and to make matters worse, vig killed a VT from the other pool. We're down to 8 players with 3 scum left alive, and if there's only 1 scum in the pool of non-viges, then lynching them 1 by 1 isn't going to work. 1 mislynch and the vig must vig correctly or it's game over, and even if the vig does vig correctly it's 3:2 lylo with 2 from the non-vig pool still alive.

I don't even really know if this makes sense the way I just described it because my posts start making less and less sense at 4am, but it's not a good thing.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Amrun »

But losing the utiliiity of the hider and ht also doesn't seem good. :/
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well, the utility would be lost if he hid behind scum without announcing it and scum kill the HT... Actually, I think if scum is lynched D1, this isn't a real problem. And thinking about it some more, I really should not be thinking about it at 4am.

But assuming the Hider chooses not to utilise his hide ability, we are still utilising the fact that both the hider and the HT are confirmed townies after their claims.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

The other reason I think hider should announce the hiding target is so that the det-psych can co-ordinate his investigation around the hider.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Amrun »

Hmm. I can't decide. Once I hear some other opinions, it might be easier. I prefer Hider claiming target to hider not hidig at all, I think.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Open Games”