Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Dead QT
Mason QT
Mafia QT

PMs coming shortly.
The PMs I have saved don't have the players' names edited in, so you'll have to make do with these:

Welcome to Repo! The Genetic Mafia, [player].

Character: You are GeneCo's
Band Leader
. Being easily excitable and overly hyperactive, you should have more than enough energy to hunt down the scum that have taken over the Opera. Testify!

Role: You are a
Watcher
. Each night, you may target one player. At Daybreak, you will receive a list of any players that have targeted this person during the Night.

Wincon: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one pro-town member remains.

The thread is here.

Welcome to Repo!, The Genetic Mafia, [player].

Character: You are
Rotti Largo
. As the president of GeneCo, you are shocked that these scum have invaded your Opera and shall dispose of them yourself... by any means necessary.

Bodyguard
. Each night, you may target one player. If that player is targeted by a killing action on the same night, you will die instead.

Wincon: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one pro-town member remains.

The thread is here.

Character: You are a
Gentern
. As an employee of GeneCo, your orders are to find a way to get rid of the invading scum so the Opera can continue smoothly.

Mason
. You only have your voice and your vote to use as weapons to lynch the scum, however, you also have a partner. You may talk to [player] here during the Night phases. Both of you are town-aligned.

The thread is here.

Graverobber
. If the scum take over the Opera, you'll have less people to sell Zydrate to. Better stop them... and maybe make a few sales while you're there.

Vanilla Townie
. You only have your voice and your vote to use as weapons to lynch the scum. Good luck.

The thread is here.

Shilo Wallace
. If you don't stop the scum from invading the Opera, you'll never get the cure for your blood disease. Better hurry - you're not even supposed to be here tonight...

Vanilla Townie
. You only have your voice and your vote to use as weapons to lynch the scum. Good luck.

The thread is here.

Pavi Largo
. With the scum taking over the Opera, now's the perfect chance to prove that you're the rightful heir to GeneCo. And maybe pick up an extra face or two.

Vanilla Townie

The thread is here.

Vanity & Vein News Reporter
. Scum have taken over the Opera? That's too good of a story to pass up! Would you care to comment, sir?

Vanilla Townie

The thread is here.

Luigi Largo
. You're gonna take out the invading scum single-handedly, restore order to the Opera, and (hopefully) inherit GeneCo! After all, you
are
the smartest and toughest...

Vanilla Townie

The thread is here.

Welcome to Repo! The Genetic Mafia, [player]

Blind Mag
. After years of being enslaved by GeneCo, now it's time for you to have your revenge. Destroy the Genetic Opera once and for all!

Roleblocker
. You may target one player per night to roleblock. If they use an action, it will fail. If you choose to roleblock, you may not send in the factional kill for that night. You may discuss the game at Night with your teammates here

Wincon: You win when your faction controls at least 50% of the vote and/or or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fakeclaim Flavor:
Blind Mag
. Tonight is your last performance for GeneCo's Genetic Opera and the invading scum have stolen the spotlight from you! Find and get rid of them, so you can sing your final song.

The thread is here.

Amber Sweet
. Tonight's your chance to show the world what you're made of... and take over GeneCo and its Genetic Opera, of course!

Goon
. You may submit a kill for your faction every night. You may also discuss the game at Night with your teammates here.

Wincon: You win when your faction controls at least 50% of the vote and/or or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fakeclaim Flavor:
Amber Sweet
. Seems like the invading scum have ruined your chance at stardom by crashing the Opera. Of course, I'm sure you can... *ahem* ...
convince
them to leave?

The thread is here.

DJ Granny
. It's your responsibility to infiltrate the Genetic Opera from the inside and take it down once and for all!

Goon
. You may submit a kill for your faction every night. You may also discuss the game at Night with your teammates here.

Fakeclaim Flavor:
DJ Granny
. As one of the most important members of the Genetic Opera, it's up to you to help drive out the scum. Just because you're old doesn't mean you're defenseless, after all.

The thread is here.

Repo Man
. The Genetic Opera has been infiltrated. There's chaos everywhere. It's your job to take advantage of this and repossess the property of GeneCo... by any means necessary...

Serial Killer
. You may target one player per night to kill. In addition, you are immune to all investigative abilities.

Wincon: You win when everyone else is dead, even if you're not alive at endgame.

Fakeclaim Flavor:
Nathan Wallace
. You've come to the Opera tonight to retrieve your wife's corpse from the invading scum. Be quick about it - you need to be home to make sure Shilo takes her medication...
Fakeclaim Image:

The thread is here.

N1:
Magua BGs camn
camn Watches Green Crayons
bvoigt RBs GC
Haylen kills BM
Trip kills Magua

N2:
bvoigt RBs Yos2
Trip kills GC
camn watches bvoigt
Haylen kills Thor
[This action was submitted after the NA deadline, so it was not counted.]

N3:
camn watches Thor
bvoigt kills Yos2
Haylen kills Medicated Lain

N4:
bvoigt kills camn
camn watches bvoigt
Haylen kills Incog
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:19 am

Post by InflatablePie »

If anyone has any thoughts on the setup, please, let me know.

And apologies for slacking in flavor as the game went on. Kind of been busy IRL lately.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In retrospect - we really should have been on Mag more considering who town roles were.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I didn't think about a SK, but I hit it with my "dead" guess.

OK, first guess at scum:
BattleMage
Trip
Haylen

Haylen is my surprise pick. I always seem to fall for at least one players "town act".

@IP- thanks for modding!!
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

I didn't know there was a Dead QT!!

Wow. I'm bad at this. I never want to play as a mafia member again... I'm just too innocent.

Oh, and Battle Mage: It seems like you took offense by what we said after you died. We weren't blaming you... you really didn't do anything wrong. We were blaming your death which was out of your control. Haylen really crippled our chances during night 1 when she killed you.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

TripMyWire wrote:I didn't know there was a Dead QT!!

I coulda sworn I PMed you. Oops. >_<

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

I didn't know there was a Dead QT either! aaahh! Anyways, I was fooled completely this game. I must be a very bad scum hunter ><
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 am

Post by InflatablePie »

*bangs head against wall*

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 am

Post by bvoigt »

TripMyWire wrote:Oh, and Battle Mage: It seems like you took offense by what we said after you died. We weren't blaming you... you really didn't do anything wrong. We were blaming your death which was out of your control. Haylen really crippled our chances during night 1 when she killed you.

Yeah, I was just joking.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Well at least I picked out one scum.

That completely absolves me of completely writing off another and being convinced a mason was scum.

Was fun, though.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Incognito »

Pretty glad I died when I did - I didn't have any access the last week, which explains why I'm late to comment on the game as well.

I enjoyed this game at first, but I think I grew bored with it when people just didn't bother posting. I was happy to see Thor come in when he did; I really felt like he injected some life into the game and made it pretty easy to see that the Fugitive/MehPlusRawr slot was obvtown, but at that point I think the game was already damaged beyond the point of return. I think my reads this game were pretty decent aside from my reads of bvoigt and camn; I was extremely happy to see that Trip really was scum like I thought he was. It was pretty annoying to deal with the obvtown Lain defending him all the time though.

I think the set-up was pretty well-balanced; I'm generally not a huge fan of SKs, but I think the mod did a pretty good job of making sure the town, the mafia, and the SK had a decent shot of winning. Town really screwed itself over when it no lynched though.

As for xofelf, looking back on it, I feel like an idiot for supporting that lynch; I was pretty sure Pine was obvtown for the majority of the game but then I got lazy and started resorting to POE when all the role-claiming and stuff started happening.

MVP probably goes to bvoigt; I had a tiny niggling suspicion that he might have been the skating scum that so often exists in games but with the type of posting we had going on in this game (and yes, I know I'm partly to blame), we simply didn't have a chance to figure out his alignment properly.

Good game all.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”