Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Silver1337 wrote:Because it's dangerous to lynch someone without loads of evidence on D1.

If you need loads of evidence, how do you think you'd get it?

Vote Count

• Skyquiem: 2 (Scott Brosius, Mana_Ku) L-6
    Scott Brosius: 2 (Hiraki, Kublai Kahn) L-6

Kublai Kahn: 1 (mastin2) L-7
    Mana_Ku: 1 (Ranmaru) L-7

Not Voting: 8 (inHimshallibe, [winger], DeityKabuto, Silver1337, Skyquiem, RisingPhoenix, gorilla, Reya Cookiebringer)

With 14 players, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline countdown timer:
(expired on 2011-06-17 18:39:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sat May 28, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Ranmaru wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:I'm trying to decide to either policy lynch you for excessive posting

That's NOT GONNA HAPENNNN

It should. If you idolize mastin2, then you're an idiot.

Also, when responding to a single line within a big post. Just quote the single line (as above) instead of editing my text.

Ranmaru wrote:
mastin2 wrote:Users browsing this forum: mastin2, Reya Cookiebringer
^What it was. I checked multiple times. Also saw Reya posting somewhere on the forum as the last post in one of 'em.

Users browsing this forum: mastin2
^What it is, now.

I approve of this.

You approve of scum-hunting based on looking at "users browsing forum"? Are you not aware that people can hide their online status?

Ranmaru wrote:
mastin2 wrote:Delayed Action Vig?

Or maybe he'd have to send it in twice.

Huh? (I'm guessing at what specific part of mastin2's entire post you're talking about, BTW. Clarity helps town. Learn to edit, then post.)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Skyquiem »

I personally disagree with head one. I believe meta is a valuable and strong tool which is why I do plan on releasing my head before the close of today, I'd appreciate if we heard no more about who our heads are until then.

Mastin, is your reasoning behind believing that there's 1-2 scum in the early posters because you believe mafia are much more likely to pay attention towards the game in a late start such as this and thus be likely to post instantly, because that's something that has popped in my head however it's not a reliable enough tell to pursue. Also people posting about spectators viewing the thread is actually one of the things that annoy me the most, don't get me wrong lurker prodding and pressuring is a very crucial part to the game but this early in the game you just need to stand back and let natural play occur.

Ranmaru, I've viewed some of your games and I have a fairly good idea of your playstyle. I'm going to recommend that you attempt to keep all your thoughts in one post, or at least in an organised fashion otherwise this is going to get frustrating very, very quickly.

Manu_Ku, if you don't mind can you state what issue you currently have with us so we can address it and actually move on to productive play.

I can't quite explain it, but Manu's lack of reasoning actually reads as town, I believe she would have put forward some shotty reasoning to avoid being in the limelight as scum. Not feeling the same way about Scott though, he states that the only reasoning behind his vote on us is that nothing else scummy has occured and then turns around and states that his vote will remain on us until we release our heads.

Vote: Scotty

- Head Two.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Hiraki »

Ranmaru.

Stop posting so much.

Please.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:I'm trying to decide to either policy lynch you for excessive posting

That's NOT GONNA HAPENNNN

It should. If you idolize mastin2, then you're an idiot.

Also, when responding to a single line within a big post. Just quote the single line (as above) instead of editing my text.

Ranmaru wrote:
mastin2 wrote:Users browsing this forum: mastin2, Reya Cookiebringer
^What it was. I checked multiple times. Also saw Reya posting somewhere on the forum as the last post in one of 'em.

Users browsing this forum: mastin2
^What it is, now.

I approve of this.

You approve of scum-hunting based on looking at "users browsing forum"? Are you not aware that people can hide their online status?

Ranmaru wrote:
mastin2 wrote:Delayed Action Vig?

Or maybe he'd have to send it in twice.

Huh? (I'm guessing at what specific part of mastin2's entire post you're talking about, BTW. Clarity helps town. Learn to edit, then post.)

Meaning a lynch won't happen for posting. Sorry. Nope, you'll have to see the bold.

I approve of poking at people to post if they are viewing.

The action. Maybe he'd have to send the night action twice before it would work.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Skyquiem wrote:I personally disagree with head one. I believe meta is a valuable and strong tool which is why I do plan on releasing my head before the close of today, I'd appreciate if we heard no more about who our heads are until then.

Mastin, is your reasoning behind believing that there's 1-2 scum in the early posters because you believe mafia are much more likely to pay attention towards the game in a late start such as this and thus be likely to post instantly, because that's something that has popped in my head however it's not a reliable enough tell to pursue. Also people posting about spectators viewing the thread is actually one of the things that annoy me the most, don't get me wrong lurker prodding and pressuring is a very crucial part to the game but this early in the game you just need to stand back and let natural play occur.

Ranmaru, I've viewed some of your games and I have a fairly good idea of your playstyle. I'm going to recommend that you attempt to keep all your thoughts in one post, or at least in an organised fashion otherwise this is going to get frustrating very, very quickly.

Manu_Ku, if you don't mind can you state what issue you currently have with us so we can address it and actually move on to productive play.

I can't quite explain it, but Manu's lack of reasoning actually reads as town, I believe she would have put forward some shotty reasoning to avoid being in the limelight as scum. Not feeling the same way about Scott though, he states that the only reasoning behind his vote on us is that nothing else scummy has occured and then turns around and states that his vote will remain on us until we release our heads.

Vote: Scotty

- Head Two.

Aren't you being a bit hypocritical though? I mean, you believe meta is a strong tool, yet you then use it on me. (Which is fine, but it seems like you are fine with using it, just not fine with people using it on you)

And I'll try to be as organized as possible.
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Skyquiem »

Ranamru just a hint, attempt to cut out bits you're not actually addressing in the quote and you don't always need to quote someone to respond to them. In what way do you believe I'm being hypocritical? I do believe meta is a strong tool therefore when I have knowledge of a player I attempt to use it, either to attain a read or offer advice. I can't speak for head one, but my reasoning for not instantly outting my head isn't so that people can't meta me, if so I would be refusing to out it fullstop. I merely want to observe peoples play without them knowing exactly what information I may have on them.

Kublai, do you have any early reads?

- Head Two
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Ranmaru »

@Sky:

Fair enough.

What do you think about Khan's policy lynch idea?
What do you think about Hiraki so far?
Do you think Mastin's master plan was an RVS joke?
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Skyquiem »

Ranmaru wrote:
What do you think about Khan's policy lynch idea?
What do you think about Hiraki so far?
Do you think Mastin's master plan was an RVS joke?

I dislike the concept of policy lynching altogether. I'm reasonably sure that Khan was joking when he suggested it.
Nothing note-worthy to say about his play. It's a little lacking in content but that's normal for his early game play.
I don't see a master plan.

- Head Two.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Ranmaru »

1. I agree. I thought so as well, but I said no regardless.
2. Yes I hope he improves.
3. Meaning his first post coming in, where he stated 4 scum resided in the 4 slots he has shown.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Skyquiem wrote:@Scott-1

I've seen this before, a couple of times; where someone asks the hydra to 'headclaim' on grounds that hiding said information is Anti-Town.

I don't think I need to state that each of those times, said person wanting said information was scum.

So Scott, are you Scum?

Can you reference these games?

Silver's hesitation to vote is weird and scummy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hmmzorz. That's an interesting notion.

It works out perfectly psychologically too.

If Skyquiem just pinned scum like that, I will flip out.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Scott, please answer this question: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p3080683

Thank you.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Silver, I saw you there.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Ranmaru wrote:Scott, please answer this question: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p3080683

Thank you.

Scott Brosius wrote:

Releasing information benefits all. However, there are more town than scum, therefore will help inform more town. Hiding information can only benefit scum due to a less informed town

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Ranmaru »

This isn't info that scum may know. Scum know who town may be, but this is only non-game related info that the Hydra is keeping for now.

Although not helping with other types of info, may be anti-town, it doesn't make it scummy. Do you understand?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:34 am

Post by mastin2 »

Alright. You'll be happy to know I've settled down a little and probably won't be posting twenty times a day, anymore. :P
Unfortunately, this'll be a bit of a wall, due to how much I have to read. Sorry, guys. I hate walling games.

Mana wrote:Uhm, ok :S? Now I'm confused as I have been absent for a long time, so I don't see how you could have heard of my name :S
So have I. :P
My join date says 2009, but it's actually October 2008, around your time. (Granted, I didn't start playing until February '09, since I was waiting for 688 to end, but still...) Around late '09, I stopped playing until late 2010.

Sky wrote:I don't think I need to state that each of those times, said person wanting said information was scum.
In my experience, the opposite is true, and it has been town asking.

It's really pretty null.

Know what instinctively exactly?
The reasons it'd be considered anti-town. While not necessarily accurate reasons, I do know 'em quite well.

I'm still sticking to {Hiraki, Scott, Sky} containing 1-2 scum, and I think Scott's town.

Mana wrote:Then let's make this work~
Catching up at this very moment--got all of page three and four to read. (My bad. I set a pace for the game, that being, a fast one. I have only myself to blame. :P)

Deity wrote:I played a game as a scum with mastin, and overall, he is our best chance at winning the game.
I'm honored that you think I'm that good. :P I'll try not to disappoint.

Scratch my plans for a Sky vote. Khan still deserves my vote for this. For multiple reasons. I could make a wall of my own on this post alone, due to how many things are wrong with it.
I am more civilized than that. I am not the emotional guy whose ego can be explointed into endlessly walling like I used to be.

Khan's living, breathing scum on Page Three. His scumminess continues with every post.

I get a distinct Newb-Town Feeling From Silver. Am I the only one?

For the record, Ranmaru is also town.

Ranmaru wrote:Explain this.
It'd be a wall of its own. I might do it later, but my priority is on explaining scum-reads above explaining town-reads. (To do so, I'm thinking of opening a QT to dump my thoughts into. It seems to work pretty well, and cuts down on my walling in-thread. Since if I can lock onto a logical way to explain things in there, I can describe it in the least amount of words possible in-thread.)

I'm going to be cautious with my reads on Hiraki, since I sucked at reading him last game. But, uh, for the record? I didn't like his post. (Like with Khan's, it's for multiple reasons. It'd be a shorter wall, but still a wall, so can explain later.)

Ranmaru's posts continue to scream the essence of town.

Sky wrote:Mastin, is your reasoning behind believing that there's 1-2 scum in the early posters because you believe mafia are much more likely to pay attention *removed rest of rambling*
Nope. Just general interactions. I'm generally pretty good at seeing this kind of thing. Off-site, I nailed the most powerful scum Power Role on Day One with similar interactions I've observed to right here. It's not a debate which is pure scum fighting. Heck, it might have two names in there which're town. But it's not a pure town argument. There's just no way.

Also people posting about spectators viewing the thread *rambling removed*
I wasn't planning on posting it, since I know it's annoying. Then I saw that the name had disappeared. Then I observed that same name had been posting elsewhere, recently. And had both neglected to do so here and had BEEN here yet not posted. Which seemed important to mention.

Hey, that head of Sky. Are You A Mastin Alt? :P
(Think about it--the long posts, the fondness for the razz smiley, the rambling nature...it makes perfect sense! :P)

I was thinking of narrowing it down before, but, uh, with Sky and then Hiraki's posts on Page Four, I'm pretty confident I can remove Scott's name and say 1-2 scum are within {Sky, Hiraki}.

Sky said: "Ranmaru, please post less". (Paraphrased heavily, since that head of Ranmaru is as bad as a rambler as I am.)
Hiraki said: "Ranmaru, stop posting."
^I find it hard to believe both are town after that. One, sure, but not both.

Caught up as of post 90. I'll do a brief rundown of the people here.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

Reads, Alphabetical Order:
Deity--town. Not very smart town, but town, nonetheless.
Gorilla--town.
Hiraki--suspect. However, between Sky and Hiraki, Hiraki looks better to me, especially since I fear tunneling on him.
Khan--scum. My vote remains. Willing to explain, but it'd be a long wall.
Mana--town.
Ranmaru--town.
Reya--minor suspect. When Reya comes, I'll be expecting an explanation for apparently having viewed the thread, been online, posting elsewhere, and yet, not having posted in here.
Scott--town. A bit of a weak town-read, but still a town-read.
Silver--Newb-town.
Sky--prob-scum. It's possible they're town, but they're the least likely of {Scott, Sky, Hiraki} to be town.

Everyone else has yet to post. Not too bad, that's 3/14 alive. Those three being, inHim, [winger], and RisingPhoenix.

Still a little suspicious of inHim/winger, and I expect one of 'em to be scum.

So,
Spoiler: List, Ordered Roughly Most Town To Most Scum
Deity
Gorilla
Mana
Ranmaru
Silver
Scott

RisingPhoenix

Reya
inHim
[winger]
Hiraki
Sky
Khan
Yeah, seems pretty accurate. In my six scum suspects, I'd be surprised if we don't find AT LEAST half the scum. Likely 3. (I suppose it's possible I have all four, but, uh, I tend not to be THAT good. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Hiraki »

I said Stop posting so much.

Not stop posting.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

I realized that later, and coulda sworn I edited it. My bad.
My academy.
Agnigi
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:07 am

Post by [winger] »

Wait, did we really have a jailkeeper claim? On day one? On PAGE one? With no votes down?

I'm not sure I follow why that happened, exactly. DK, why did you feel the need to claim?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:10 am

Post by mastin2 »

DK's a newbie, who doesn't understand how strong the JK role is. It combines town Roleblocker (not very helpful early-game, but gamebreakingly powerful late-game) and town Doctor (useful early game [stopped kills do wonders], useful late game [after claims], pretty worthless in the middle).
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:18 am

Post by mastin2 »

(Effectively, a JK is essentially "confirm or deny a person as town". If there's no kill, then the JK is either confirmed town--was targeted for the kill--or confirmed scum--was blocked FROM killing. And you can usually tell the difference between them, especially if there's repeat performances. Block 'em once and a failed kill, likely town. Block 'em twice and a failed kill, possible town with dumb scum. Block 'em thrice with a failed kill, and then you start to realize maybe it's not the scum targeting the JK'd...)
My academy.
Agnigi
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:28 am

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Block em four times and you're subtly trying to direct Kabuto?

I'm there.

EGMEOY
: Winger. You dont have Tclaw's crapplay to smokescreen me this time!

Kabuto, don't claim without incriminating evidence/serious threat/that kinda stuff.

I'm null on the Scott/Sky thing, I've seen it play both ways in the past. However, Sky's reaction to Mana's vote is completely excessive.

Hiraki, learn to spell please.

Vote: Silver1337

Don't you think it's a bit early to ALREADY be fence-sitting?
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 am

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Oh and for preventive purpose:
No Ranmaru, I am not a fire-flying pokemon.
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”