Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP: Scratch the second paragraph of that, seeing as I forgot to remove it during preview.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Vote Equinox

Very unrandom. There is no backing to an IP wagon as herp-derping is not a scumtell, just a competence one. Equinox is pushing it more then "random wagon" on something like this being a tell.

Other good votes are marble and Klazam.

You're denying that meta's important in a variation of mafia like this? Meta couldn't be more important, and especially in RVS. I know that's taboo to say, but 90% of the comments so far have been on meta, strengths and weaknesses because teams can choose their roles. It may not be valid in the future, but it was the quickest way to get out of RVS.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Klazam »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Vote Equinox

Very unrandom. There is no backing to an IP wagon as herp-derping is not a scumtell, just a competence one. Equinox is pushing it more then "random wagon" on something like this being a tell.

Other good votes are marble and Klazam.

Why am i a good vote?

Equinox wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:3. Question for you: Why focus on IP and not other players with strong scumgames who Llamarble mentioned? Sotty, DGB, Thor and mith (from what I recall) all have strong scum games and you hadn't really focused on talking about them.

How do I say this... It wasn't so much InflatablePie's preference for scum games -- as I wasn't aware of that -- but
more something I picked up that led me and my team to conclude he may be scum in this game.
I chose to not mention people with strong scum games like Llamarble because I do not play like him, and I'll eventually get reads on those people without naming them.

Cold you enlighten us all to what the underlined above may be?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Equinox wrote:LlamaFluff, read the above and then read Thor665's comment, and connect the dots. That was not a random wagon at all.

So not random? Partially random? Secret tell? Why your random wagon over another?

@DH - A better way to get out of the RVS is to vote someone who has done something scummy. Which has happened already. You can give it to Equniox for trying to bait someone into hammering if you want to transcend the aformentioned points of trying to run up IP as a random wagon. Super cool part of all of this? Equinox-IP is already out as a scumteam.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Klazam wrote:Why am i a good vote?

Because of this post

Klazam wrote:Equinox/Thor: The only possible “scumtells” I can see about IP at the time you guys voted him is that he was the second to last to confirm, and he didn’t post a regular confirm.
Sorry for being dense, but I think Mith is just as good a wagon as IP is.

BUT, I think sarcasm is a valid scumtell. So Equinox/Thor: congrats. You get your vote.
unvote, vote InflatablePie

You seem to downgrade what people are trying to make you wagon him for, then follow along with a vote of IP afterall for being sarcastic (why is this a tell?). Something about that really just puts me on edge and be happy with pressure.
Co-host of The USL Show
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I'm not denying that Equinox could be scum, however, it's weird that you believe that it's an Equinox-IP team due to Equinox's behavior, yet you won't vote for or mention IP and instead debunk the wagon. Why?

Also, if the point of RVS is to leave it, why is it better to discount meta? RVS ends in other games due to meta all the time, why is this time any different?

You want this one.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Equinox »

Klazam, it has to do with team composition and... etc. I'm gagged.

LlamaFluff, the InflatablePie wagon was not random, and I thought that should have been apparent when Thor665 sheeped me on it with his reasoning. Instead, all I saw was, "mith mith mith mith!" Clearly RVS wagon over an obvious non-RVS serious wagon? Yeah, no thanks.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

DemonHybrid wrote:I'm not denying that Equinox could be scum, however, it's weird that you believe that it's an Equinox-IP team due to Equinox's behavior, yet you won't vote for or mention IP and instead debunk the wagon. Why?

Already out, as in its not happening.

Also, if the point of RVS is to leave it, why is it better to discount meta? RVS ends in other games due to meta all the time, why is this time any different?

Meta in this game is hard to pin down if you want to get into it. There is game prefrence and alignment prefrence. For instance there is absolutely zero way I would have played in drams game, I would have replaced out instantly if I needed to be put there, I dislike his games that much. I cant really remember many RVS that ended in meta though in my games, usually someone just harping on a smaller tell, which is far more benificial in the long run.

Anyways, you agree with me about Equinox. Wagon up?

@Equinox - So why try to bait people into hammering him? Last post you had before vote five was trying to get a large amount of people to join you, without mentioning your percived L-2 of him.
Co-host of The USL Show
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Klazam wrote:BUT, I think sarcasm is a valid scumtell.

Wow, that's completely valid and sane reasoning.

Equinox wrote:How do I say this... It wasn't so much InflatablePie's preference for scum games -- as I wasn't aware of that -- but more something I picked up that led me and my team to conclude he may be scum in this game.

Ahh. One of your team members knows me? Or am I reading this wrong? DH is right - I do have a slight preference for scum. However, I'm obligated to mention that you are mistaken.

Regardless.

Unvote, Vote: InflatablePie

L-1.

Your move, Equinox.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I'm going to bed. On the offchance I am lynched:

Equinox is town.
Klazam is scum.
LlamaFluff is probscum.
DH is probtown.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Anyways, you agree with me about Equinox. Wagon up?

What? No, I said I wasn't denying the fact that he
could
be scum.

FoS: LlamaFluff

You want this one.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Equinox »

I'm wagoning someone I strongly believe to be scum. Am I not allowed to get people to stop pulling unreadable crap like, "Hey, mith is here; let's vote him for lulz!" and be accountable to a wagon? Besides, I was not baiting hammers; if you'll notice, I didn't bait votes after Klazam's. Sorry if I don't like posting threshold warnings.

Edit: ...what the hell? I did not sign up to bash my head in, you dolts.

Unvote, Vote: LlamaFluff
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: *she.

The avatar.

You want this one.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Klazam »

I made that post because i did not see what reason they had. I hit preview, and then i saw a scummy post from IP, so i voted him for that. Completely different reason than Equinox/Thor.

Equinox- I'm not sure how useful team meta information can be because you cannot discount the possibility for a team getting all town or all scum.

--

Why sarcasm is scummy: Sarcasm is a basic psychological mechanism for deflecting attention off oneself. Something pretty useful in mafia, and one i see in IRL mafia all the time.

--- (I'm slow)

PEdit: IP self voting? that is scummy, indeed. I'm starting to like where my vote is.

PEdit 3: GAAH STOP POSTING
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I lied. Refreshed after checking Facebook.

If you strongly believe me to be scum, Equi, why switch off now?

PEdit: lol Klazam's trying to push a hammer on me after I call him scum, that's cute.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Equinox »

Klazam wrote:Equinox- I'm not sure how useful team meta information can be because you cannot discount the possibility for a team getting all town or all scum.

True. However, things start getting fun when you aggregate all available information and then discuss it with 3 other sets of eyes. That's the sort of thing I was working with.

InflatablePie wrote:If you strongly believe me to be scum, Equi, why switch off now?

It's page 3, and we have people who have yet to post. Besides, I'm chasing after a different skirt now; sorry, man.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Equinox wrote:I'm wagoning someone I strongly believe to be scum. Am I not allowed to get people to stop pulling unreadable crap like, "Hey, mith is here; let's vote him for lulz!" and be accountable to a wagon? Besides, I was not baiting hammers; if you'll notice, I didn't bait votes after Klazam's. Sorry if I don't like posting threshold warnings.

But you are in a very active game trying to get multiple people to vote someone who you think to be at L-2 by specifically addressing three people?

You are fine trying to shut down a random wagon in the place of a "legitimate" one, but when you refuse to say why its a random wagon instead of just saying that someone is scum because of 'secret reasons', you arent going to get any backing, or at least shouldnt. The fact that you DID get backing makes me think the IP wagon is a great spot to look for scum. The arguement of "IP should be lynched due to alignment prefrence" is weak, and doesnt hold any water too past a RVS stage, and you need to actually bring that information to light, BEFORE you think someone is hammered, to have it qualify.

Klazam wrote:
Why sarcasm is scummy: Sarcasm is a basic psychological mechanism for deflecting attention off oneself. Something pretty useful in mafia, and one i see in IRL mafia all the time.

I never have found this to be the case, usually I see it more of a frustration with a player response.
Co-host of The USL Show
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Not sure if I buy that just yet, Equi.

Unvote, Vote: Klazam

Actually off to bed now.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Equinox wrote:I'm wagoning someone I strongly believe to be scum. Am I not allowed to get people to stop pulling unreadable crap like, "Hey, mith is here; let's vote him for lulz!" and be accountable to a wagon? Besides, I was not baiting hammers; if you'll notice, I didn't bait votes after Klazam's. Sorry if I don't like posting threshold warnings.

But you are in a very active game trying to get multiple people to vote someone who you think to be at L-2 by specifically addressing three people?

You are fine trying to shut down a random wagon in the place of a "legitimate" one, but when you refuse to say why its a random wagon instead of just saying that someone is scum because of 'secret reasons', you arent going to get any backing, or at least shouldnt. The fact that you DID get backing makes me think the IP wagon is a great spot to look for scum. The arguement of "IP should be lynched due to alignment prefrence" is weak, and doesnt hold any water too past a RVS stage, and you need to actually bring that information to light, BEFORE you think someone is hammered, to have it qualify.

Klazam wrote:

I never have found this to be the case, usually I see it more of a frustration with a player response.

I noticed you didn't even pretend that "You totally agreed with me on Equinox, now vote her" statement didn't even exist. I expected a response.

Unvote, Vote: LlamaFluff
. Maybe this will convince you.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: Didn't even pretend that it existed. It's late and I worked today bussing tables sooooo

You want this one.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

DemonHybrid wrote:I noticed you didn't even pretend that "You totally agreed with me on Equinox, now vote her" statement didn't even exist. I expected a response.

Thought it was more of a rhetorical statement.

You saying "Im not denying he could be scum" sounds like "I dont think he is town" which means "He is scum". I like people agreeing with me, even if its just in my head.
Co-host of The USL Show
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

LlamaFluff wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:I noticed you didn't even pretend that "You totally agreed with me on Equinox, now vote her" statement didn't even exist. I expected a response.

Thought it was more of a rhetorical statement.

You saying "Im not denying he could be scum" sounds like "I dont think he is town" which means "He is scum". I like people agreeing with me, even if its just in my head.

What kind of excuse is that? I thought my terminology was very clear.

Oh, and a townie would have noticed an FoS and explained him/herself on the get-go instead of needing a vote prompt. I even bolded my FoS, nice and clear, so that you could get the hint.

You want this one.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

LlamaFluff, are you scum? I'm having a very hard time believing you would completely miss something of this magnitude. Fine, me being unable to say anything doesn't help matters any, but you're still on this whole "Equinox was baiting votes" thing when I was getting people to explain why they were ignoring the wagon in favor of voting mith, a wagon so full of lulz that I felt was not going to launch this game anywhere out of RVS.

Accountability was all I wanted, and I selected the people on the mith wagon who I felt were questionable: SocioPath because I wanted to hear from him for :meta: reasons, DemonHybrid because he just sheeped it onto the mith wagon, and Klazam for essentially the same reason as DemonHybrid.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Equinox wrote:LlamaFluff, are you scum?

Nope.

I'm having a very hard time believing you would completely miss something of this magnitude.

Dont get me wrong, I love RVS wagons. Best way to get the game moving, but you never gave reasoning for yours yet continued to operate under the illusion that there was some and we are all supposed to shut up and sheep you, which doesnt fly in a game where more information is the best thing that can be accomplished.

The first time it was mentioned past a "hey its a tell" was post 49, after my vote for you. You called a tell, Thor agreeded with the tell, marble did too after a little, yet you all never said what the tell was, so im damn sure going to push on you to get the tell out instead of going "secret random wagon lulz". What was the justification behind not saying it? Also im not going wiki hunting to find reasoning if you are going to say look there. If its not in my meta, it doesnt exist is the rule I play by.

Fine, me being unable to say anything doesn't help matters any, but you're still on this whole "Equinox was baiting votes" thing when I was getting people to explain why they were ignoring the wagon in favor of voting mith, a wagon so full of lulz that I felt was not going to launch this game anywhere out of RVS.

Probably the same reason I was confused is why they were on the mith wagon. There was no PUBLIC justification for the IP wagon, it was just an inside tell or something like that. When there is no public justification, you really cant expect people to be listening to "sheep my RVS wagon over yours". Hmmph... change places! Also IP is still town, that wagon can go away now please.

Unvote
Vote Klazam

Why is self voting scummy? Can you give me a nice concise case on IP?
Co-host of The USL Show
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Klazam »

Nice and concise?

Sarcasm is a way to deflect attention when youre not sure what the reason why you are being voted are. Scum doesn't like attention.
Self voting is scummy because IT OPENS UP A HUGE CAN OF WIFOM.

Thats it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”