Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:23 am

Post by InflatablePie »

DH wrote:Don't like how this is an afterthought, for the record.

I skimmed my wall and realized I forgot to add this. It's not an afterthought.

DH wrote:Pie, I know you're smarter than this. Are you trying to fabricate stuff?

No, I think I'm right this time. This smells faintly of AtE, by the way.

DH wrote:I never posted any suspicion on Equinox.

Yes, you did. By asking why he's concentrating on one player who's doing something and not everyone else, it's a mix of pseudo-defending the one player in question, and trying to discredit the attacking player's argument and cast suspicion on them for doing such.

As for your other two points, stating the obvious is a scumtell (see: IIoA). Plus, I don't like your defense of "I meant to post this! it was a trap for Llama!" (by the way, I want to ask everyone to use full names so we don't get the two Llamas confuse)

I understand the mith wagon, even in your case, falls under RVS. However, it was your vote that made it a competing RVS wagon at 3 votes each, and when that one didn't gain, you jumped onto mine. Scummy.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 am

Post by InflatablePie »

EBWOP:
DH wrote:Why? Do you really read Socio's motivation as scum-driven?

No, he's voting for him because he thinks Socio is town.

DH, I know you're smarter than this. Are you trying to fabricate stuff?
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

DemonHybrid wrote:Why mith? You hadn't mentioned a thing about him before this post other than "I want the hammer if there's a wagon", and that was during an apparent RVS for you. What changed?

Mith is scum because he's bothering to take time to attack someone's town reads while not actually attacking anything else.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I skimmed my wall and realized I forgot to add this. It's not an afterthought.

Aye, alright.

No, I think I'm right this time. This smells faintly of AtE, by the way.

AtE? Why? By that logic, anyone who's accused other people of lying or implied such has used AtE. You just basically used a boilerplate term without even regarding the meaning of it.

Yes, you did. By asking why he's concentrating on one player who's doing something and not everyone else, it's a mix of pseudo-defending the one player in question, and trying to discredit the attacking player's argument and cast suspicion on them for doing such.

I also questioned about 4 other people and I never posted suspicion on them. The only people who I posted suspicion on were you, Llama and DGB for lurking. You ask questions to gain information and modify reads based on that. I really don't get anything that you're saying, because this is elementary stuff you're screwing up.

As for your other two points, stating the obvious is a scumtell (see: IIoA).

Except I was clarifying that I wasn't suspecting Equinox, since that came up in conversation in regards to a potential Equinox-IP team. It fit the context and it definitely wasn't out of nowhere, so I don't get your claim of IIoA.

Plus, I don't like your defense of "I meant to post this! it was a trap for Llama!" (by the way, I want to ask everyone to use full names so we don't get the two Llamas confuse)

I never said it was a trap for LlamaFluff and you completely misrepresented my statement on that.

I understand the mith wagon, even in your case, falls under RVS. However, it was your vote that made it a competing RVS wagon at 3 votes each, and when that one didn't gain, you jumped onto mine. Scummy.

I didn't even read the amount of votes that mith had before I posted a vote on him. I literally clicked the thread, hit reply and said "Vote: mith. Not everyday I can do that." to get a placeholder RVS vote out until I could read. Equinox told me to read her logic, I did, and I agreed with it.

No, he's voting for him because he thinks Socio is town.

So, I'm guessing you don't find "Do you see any scum-motivation behind his posting, and if so, why?" as a valid question and I haven't the slightest as to why you think that. I think it's a very fair and valid question.

Your "suspicion" really has no basis, IP.

Preview Edit to Thor: Gotchya, just wanted clarification on that.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:59 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

DemonHybrid wrote:1. Equinox, threats aren't the best way to get your voice heard. I had just posted my RVS vote.
2. I agree with you on InflatablePie and his preference for being scum.
3. Question for you: Why focus on IP and not other players with strong scumgames who Llamarble mentioned? Sotty, DGB, Thor and mith (from what I recall) all have strong scum games and you hadn't really focused on talking about them.

Unvote, Vote: InflatablePie

Preview edit: SP became town with that post. I'm going to be looking at the 6 aforementioned people at the moment (Sotty, DGB, Thor, mith, IP, Equinox).

Question without suspicion #1

DemonHybrid wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Wooosh.

I agree with Equi about Chris, town read there.
I'm liking the Llama brothers thus far, though it's weaker.
Equi is working really hard, if scum, and I don't buy that.

I still like Pie for the rope - the buzzing bee who thinks sarcasm is 'srs tell, srsly' and Mith also go on my scum list.
Let's lynch one of them, I still have dibs on a Mith hammer.

Why mith? You hadn't mentioned a thing about him before this post other than "I want the hammer if there's a wagon", and that was during an apparent RVS for you. What changed?

Question without suspicion #2

DemonHybrid wrote:
Equinox wrote:EBWOP:

On second thought, let's roll with this.

Unvote, Vote: SocioPath

I'm going to let the thread breathe now.

Why? Do you really read Socio's motivation as scum-driven?

Question without suspicion #3

Alright, well 3 times and 2 people, but you get the point. Everyone who I question is NOT my suspect. You're a veteran of mafia and I expect you to know better.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

DemonHybrid wrote:I didn't even read the amount of votes that mith had before I posted a vote on him. I literally clicked the thread, hit reply and said "Vote: mith. Not everyday I can do that." to get a placeholder RVS vote out until I could read. Equinox told me to read her logic, I did, and I agreed with it.

:?
Really?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Yeah, really. I'm in a ton of games at the moment, it was only page 2 and half of the first page posts were confirms. Figured it didn't matter.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Okay, DH can be town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

DemonHybrid wrote:DGB not posting as often is making me a bit skeptical.

I'm busy installing wall glass mosaics. Then I'll be away from Thursday AM to Sunday PM (with daily access). Anyhoo, I have time now, fasten your seatbelts.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:26 am

Thor665 wrote:I agree with Equi about Chris, town read there.

I'm interrupting my reading to answer this. I don't agree. Could be a alt faking the nO0b card, I don't know. Maybe he's from a weak team. I will judge him on his own merit.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 am

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
Equinox >>> first to post, jumps in. Townie all around.
InflatablePie >>> Suggests self-vote in #28??? Defensive. Self-vote? WHY - but early VCA is mega town tell and erases every other concern I may have had.

HYBRIDS

Llamarable >>> I keep mixing him up with the other Llama.
Klazam >>> Buddying to mith in #39, dumb questions in #52
LLamaFluff >>> #22 self-meta why he's town ??? Votes Equitownx? Aggressive jump on Klazam is good, though. I agree with #76

SCUM

Thor 665 >>> #23 self-meta why he's town ??? wants to hammer mith, not vote him.
SocioPath >>> by his own self-admission. Those are never jokes. And then again in #84
Chris B >>> first post #78 is a promise to lurk with IIoA nonsense.
DemonHybrid >>> meek, "I'm not denying that Equinox could be scum" = I no like. Asks loaded questions only.

LURKERZ

Sevei
Sotty7
mith

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:40 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

@DGB - Self-meta is fairly useless in this game since there can be a plethera of reasons as to why someone took a role in a certain game. Alignment, game specific role, who partners are, type of game, style of play, etc. Also remember, im the disney one.

@DH - Then you should stop making your posts sound like statements instead of actual questions. There is nothing else to answer though, your first question sounded like a statement, so I ignored it.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Llamarble Post 22 wrote:Whoever is scum chose to be, so:
Why did each of you choose this game / why should I believe you're town?
Who are your teammates?

I picked this game because I like playing mountainous, I have played two of these style games recently. Failed epically in one, did pretty well in the other. I like these games because it's just raw scum hunting and in my opinion a true test of your ability at this game.

Why should I believe you are town is a a filler question if ever I saw one. Poor. Also passing on the last question.

Llamarble, why did you post this “serious” vote and yet keep your RVS vote on yourself? I was under the impression you were a good player, what is your rationale for voting yourself and have you done it before?

Pie and DH copying Soico's RVS was really bizarre. I don't like it much. Klazam's vote is probably the worst of the bunch though. He also completely ignores the “super secret scum tell wagon” on Pie.

Equi defending Chris B outta the gates is also ick. What was the harm of letting him speak for himself?

Equinox Post 34 wrote:People on the mith wagon: Do you disagree with me and Thor665? Who what when where and why?

What's to disagree with here? You guys didn't give a reason yet.

Damn Equi.... What's with the pole up your ass? I don't think I have ever seen you so up tight. This doesn't give me good vibes at all.

I get the feeling that the Pie wagon was built off BS by Equi in an attempt to start a relatively serious wagon early. If this is the case I want to see her reads of the people who joined her, the people who didn't and the people who out right ignored it. If it's
not
the case and there actually was a scum tell that Pie posted in the confirmation stage I want to hear it. I pretty much agreed with Llama in that I had no clue what you were doing and so just surmised there wasn't anything and it was all for REACTIONS. Either way the jig is up since you're not voting him anymore.

Socio is town. I want to say Llama is town as well but I'm going to hold off on that for a moment. Really hate Pie's defeatist attitude in this thing so far. Equi is a mystery I wanna figure out ASAP.

Marble is scum.

Vote: Llamamarble
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sotty7 wrote:Llamarble, why did you post this “serious”
vote
post and yet keep your RVS vote on yourself? I was under the impression you were a good player, what is your rationale for voting yourself and have you done it before?

Fixed.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 am

LlamaFluff wrote:@DGB - Self-meta is fairly useless in this game

Self-meta is a scumtell. You give your self-meta, then you do the opposite, WIFOM-gravy!

I don't self-meta because I am the worst possible judge of myself. I assume that is true of other people, and that the self-meta is a manipulative device, generally.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Sotty7 wrote:Socio is town.

He's not. A player that jokes THREE TIMES that he's scum, is scum. In his brain, he is very nervous about the necessity to be deceptive, and he is releasing this tension by "jokingly" telling the truth.

So Sociopath is scum.

One down, two to go.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

Short post since my paper is due like real soon and something my team said compelled me.

InflatablePie looks townish from his last few posts. Gonna look over teams and stuff later when I'm done with my final tomorrow and see how to deal with that there. Sotty7, I'm going to say the same thing to you that I said to LlamaFluff; if you didn't get it, sorry, you ain't getting it. I can't get any more specific without risking modkill. You know. That's probably getting too close. Bleh. Dun kill me plz.

DrippingGoofball is probably scum. Hai Goofball. No, I'm not obvtown, sorry. By the way, Chris B is not an alt; we know, almost for a fact, whose team he is on and we saw evidence that he's very, very, very likely a raw newbie. (Who the heck would use an alt and fake the noob card for this, anyway? That defeats the purpose of something like this. Besides, faking noob cards is pretty damn low.) Soooo anyway where was I. Ah, right. Sotty7, I
did
wait for him to post; his post and my evidence connected pretty strongly, so yeah, he's tooooown.

I disagree with a lot of post 112. Let's start with... the stuff about me because the other stuff will take up time and that's something I need moar of right now. So, first off, I have been giving reads as I've been getting them with as much rationale as I could reasonably provide, so don't give me crap about that.

Something on my end was said about Klazam not putting thought into the game because of his "self-voting is scummy" comment. I'mma ignore the guy for now, though, since I think I'll see him better when he comes back.

Oh, also, InflatablePie, I don't vote people I think are town. :lol: Dunno how you got that. SocioPath misrepresented a quote from me -- BADLY -- and I threw a vote on him. I think said misrep is scummy due to his cutting off relevant context to make me look bad.

Yeah, I'm outta here.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

D1VC2:

Klazam (3):, LlamaFluff, Socio, Llamarble
InflatablePie (2):, Thor, Klazam
Socio (2): DGB, Equinox
Equinow (1): ChrisB
Llamarble (1): Sotty
DH (1): IP
LlamaFluff (1): DH

Not Voting: mith, Sevei

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Chris B »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I agree with Equi about Chris, town read there.

I'm interrupting my reading to answer this. I don't agree. Could be a alt faking the nO0b card, I don't know. Maybe he's from a weak team. I will judge him on his own merit.

I'm not a n00b at the game, although I am to the forums. I'd made the mistake of using quick reply, and defaulted to html rather than BBCode. It's not like I could go back and edit my post, so what would be a momentary distraction on any other forum can be something picked over for as long as anyone wants. But it's also a blatant WIFOM.

Now, with regards to Sotty's point - I don't think Equi was defending me, as much as making a big deal about identifying a team. So, yes, I'm from another forum - the UKFF. Google it and my name, and you'll get far too much of me talking about wrestling and politics, and also a reasonable number of mafia games on there. I was asked to join a team as a late replacement. If I'm an alt, I've put in about seven years worth of backstory, so you should at least be reasonably impressed. I'm making the point about different style of playing, because (again, as anyone who wishes to spend too much time researching me will know already), the UKFF games tend to take a rather different approach.

I do question the motives behind posts made by anyone who's obviously done just that searching before I make a post in the game though.

So, Equi - you're already aware that I've been brought in from another forum, which means you're already aware that I'm not THAT inexperienced. Why the town read based on inexperience. There's an enormous difference between playing style/forum experience and playing ability. I think it's safe to assume that, were I an idiot, I wouldn't have been invited. It strikes me more as trying to get a reaction, by implying I'm the total n00b of the team. So what reaction were you going for? It's the first time I've ever seen a read on someone before they've actually posted.

Now, goof - I brought up the time difference because I also haven't played MS on an American forum, and hadn't realised how quickly the game would move while I was asleep. I'm not planning on taking any days where I'm not on here, and I'm not reading/responding, but if I'm taking hours to respond, it's got far more to do with my new schedule than it has to do with lurking. If I go past the 24 hour point without responding, feel free to jump all over me, and decide if my subsequent excuses are full of shit or not.

I think that pushing IIoA on someone's first post is somewhat harsh, but I'll accept the point to an extent. However, some of the most successful scum teams I've seen have had aggressive players in them, especially early in the game. Is this particularly different on this forum, or are you just easily swayed by a strong opening gambit? This goes for both VCA and jumping in early.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Equinox wrote:DrippingGoofball is probably scum. Hai Goofball. No, I'm not obvtown, sorry.

You've obvtown... AGAIN. You just can't help it.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Chris B wrote:IHowever, some of the most successful scum teams I've seen have had aggressive players in them, especially early in the game. Is this particularly different on this forum, or are you just easily swayed by a strong opening gambit? This goes for both VCA and jumping in early.

I've been scum enough. Strong opening gambits are town tells. Weak entrances are scum tells.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Sotty7 wrote:
Why should I believe you are town is a a filler question if ever I saw one. Poor. Also passing on the last question.

It's not filler because people chose their own roles and making people talk about how they made their choice has potential to be revealing.

Llamarble, why did you post this “serious” vote and yet keep your RVS vote on yourself? I was under the impression you were a good player, what is your rationale for voting yourself and have you done it before?

I thought I'd wagon myself to spur discussion. I haven't done it before.
And why does this bother you now as opposed to right after I did it?
I simply didn't really contemplate moving my vote when I posted my meta-thoughts.

Pie and DH copying Soico's RVS was really bizarre. I don't like it much. Klazam's vote is probably the worst of the bunch though. He also completely ignores the “super secret scum tell wagon” on Pie.

You don't like Klazam & I think he's scum too. So why am I scum again? Your thought process feels incongruous.

Equi defending Chris B outta the gates is also ick. What was the harm of letting him speak for himself?
Equinox Post 34 wrote:People on the mith wagon: Do you disagree with me and Thor665? Who what when where and why?

What's to disagree with here? You guys didn't give a reason yet.
Damn Equi.... What's with the pole up your ass? I don't think I have ever seen you so up tight. This doesn't give me good vibes at all.

I get the feeling that the Pie wagon was built off BS by Equi in an attempt to start a relatively serious wagon early. If this is the case I want to see her reads of the people who joined her, the people who didn't and the people who out right ignored it. If it's
not
the case and there actually was a scum tell that Pie posted in the confirmation stage I want to hear it. I pretty much agreed with Llama in that I had no clue what you were doing and so just surmised there wasn't anything and it was all for REACTIONS. Either way the jig is up since you're not voting him anymore.

"I noticed a supersecretmetatell" is a weird BS thing to make up, but yeah if it was BS, it was townish BS (except she's stuck to it and Thor apparently also found it). Also you're complaining about Equinox complaining about the wagon you just finished complaining about. Again I am seeing 'this is something I can jab at' instead of coherenttownperspective.

VOTE: Sotty7
Lots of painty stuff, lack of coherent gameperspective / reaching weird conclusions, minorlurk -> catchup gameentry.
Yeah OMGUS. Heh.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Llamarble, you tempt me so with my favorite scumtells on Sotty7.

Except that Sociopath is scum 4 sure.

What to do what to do

So little rope, so many necks.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

How sure is 4 sure?

Let's see more dancing.

Unvote: Inflatable Pie
Vote: Klazam

That's L-3, let's quick wagon him for lulz because we'll all keep finding him scummy no matter what at this stage.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Thor665 wrote:How sure is 4 sure?

I'm a daycop.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”