Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

LlamaFluff wrote:@Poro - No. Ani is the single worst player that is still active on the site, and if he is not policy lynched I will replace out of any game that has him in it. I dislike playing with him to that great of an extent. The only player who is worse then him is Nat, other then that I would rather play with any player past or present that I can think of.

Also vezok kinda knows my VT tell, but he also knows thats not how its applied. He basically has just claimed VT, he plays like scum, we lynch him, he plays like town, we dont lynch him. Very simple.

Im not advocating a policy lynch as much as I want to. Also self metas can be changed, yadda yadda yadda.

Also I think we will have to agree to disagree on ani, I used to hate playing with him but I think he's getting better, he certainly wasn't the worst in succession.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Primate wrote:The argument you espoused earlier about lynching VT's increasing the towns chance of winning, to mind, sounds like bollocks in this context. What is your rationale for that position?

Amrun wrote:
Yosarian, explain your "lynch all VTs" policy and how it would be pro-toiwn in this context.

Mod fixed quote tags.

(shrug) All else being equal, even if he's no more likely to be scum then anyone else, once someone claims vanilla, it's theoretically better to lynch him then to run up someone else to a claim. The goal here being to get as few claims as possible on day 1, to keep the power roles alive as long as possible. Every claim we get today increases the odds of the scum killing a power role tonight.

Of course we're not actually going to quicklynch him just for that. That was more an expression of frustration then anything else; seriously, when's the last time we quicklynched anyone on day 1 of a large game on mafiascum? Still, I do intend to vote for him once day 1 starts, since I now consider Vezo a better then random lynch. From my point of view, now Vezo is in a position where he's going to have to give me reasons to not lynch him today, rather then the other way around. If you actually have a town read on a claimed vanilla, then you don't lynch him, but if you have no read on a claimed vanilla, you generally shouldn't let him live, especially this early in a game.
Last edited by Mastermind of Sin on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

My point is that a speedlynch on vezok is going to give uss ZERO information for going into day 2. It literally wastes an entire day.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Primate »

I did actually think you were advocating a lynch of vezok straightaway regardless of whether you thought he was scum or town, yos. I got no objections to your position as clarified.

And yes, site playstyles can be changed, but generally they aren't, that's why they are recognizable playstyles. I'm open to thinking he's scum and trying to fake it, but I'm going to assume normal behaviour until I see something to suggest it isn't.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

With 20 confirmed, Day 1 has officially begun!
Deadline: Sunday, May 23rd

A specific time for the deadline will be announced soon.

Notice: There has been a blue addendum to rule #1 of the Miscellaneous category.
Permanent V/LA.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by mozamis »

Amrun wrote:My point is that a speedlynch on vezok is going to give uss ZERO information for going into day 2. It literally wastes an entire day.

That seems the key point. Day one has to be spent looking for scum, surely, rather lynching someone on a PREGAME comment?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Agree with lynching Vezok for effectively narrowing down the PR list.

Disagree with doing it quickly. There is no benefit beside seeing who jumps on the wagon.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

DeathNote wrote:Agree with lynching Vezok for effectively narrowing down the PR list.

Disagree with doing it quickly. There is no benefit beside seeing who jumps on the wagon.

Poro is in this game. I didn't knew.

I'll try to play better.

Now to the post I quoted: You agree with a lynch on me because I claimed VT, but you think we should take our time for it. I find this pretty scummy. You want to lynch me for no reason at all, but in order to appear pro-town you say you don't agree with a quicklynch. Please tell how can you get reasons for votes on me if you are only lynching me because I claimed VT?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by AGar »

VOTE: DeathNote

Thanks for helping us skip RVS.

You need to die now.

Vezok is town, and it's all but assured. Vezok is not intelligent enough to manipulate his own self meta. There's no reason, as town, to lynch a town player to "narrow down the PR list." It's just helping scum if anything, narrowing down their choices, thus increasing their likelihood of hitting a power role.

Yosarian2 wrote:seriously, when's the last time we quicklynched anyone on day 1 of a large game on mafiascum?

Vezok was policy lynched D1 in 27 hours, 34 minutes in Mafia of the Chosen Ones (Thread open to hammer). It took a whopping 45 posts from thread open to hammer.

So roughly 3.5-4 months ago.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

/confirm.

Hello and good game to us all!

Lynching Vezok for a bad track record, and one post that some of us disagree with on the first day, right off, with no information is certainly not a good way to start off. If he's telling the truth, and we're lynching him for it, then we're losing a chance at going someone who could actually be dangerous, and we're not giving him a fair chance to get any better, either. If he's lying, and really is as bad a player as some of you are saying, then I'm sure we'll have plenty of traits to see later on.

Personally, Yosarian's call for a quick end to day one, no matter how much frustration seems pretty scummy to me. Less information does not help. I'd be more likely to lean in that direction, than Vezok's.

That being said, it's a holiday week here, and I am traveling, so I can't promise I will be able to contribute a great deal for this week, but I'll try to make a post a day, so long as time prevails. On the weekend, I believe I will have some time to really look over things again, and make a post with some sincere depth.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 1:37 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Medicated Lain wrote:/confirm.

Hello and good game to us all!

Lynching Vezok for a bad track record, and one post that some of us disagree with on the first day, right off, with no information is certainly not a good way to start off. If he's telling the truth, and we're lynching him for it, then we're losing a chance at going someone who could actually be dangerous, and we're not giving him a fair chance to get any better, either. If he's lying, and really is as bad a player as some of you are saying, then I'm sure we'll have plenty of traits to see later on.

Personally, Yosarian's call for a quick end to day one, no matter how much frustration seems pretty scummy to me. Less information does not help. I'd be more likely to lean in that direction, than Vezok's.

That being said, it's a holiday week here, and I am traveling, so I can't promise I will be able to contribute a great deal for this week, but I'll try to make a post a day, so long as time prevails. On the weekend, I believe I will have some time to really look over things again, and make a post with some sincere depth.

LOL. I thought you were GreyIce.
Can you change your avatar to something else please.

Anyway let me get something straight: You would like to lynch Yos instead of me but you don't vote anyone or anything. Why?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:18 am

Post by mozamis »

this is all nonsense.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

1: This has been my icon since 2002! I go by Lain, and prefer to keep this icon.
2: As stated above, this is a travel week for me. I do not want to be a part of a voting that I will have lack of control over for the week unless I am certain that's where I want to vote. Yosarian's actions were certainly a bit scummy in my opinion, but not enough to warrant a vote that I cannot easily remove.

I will vote when either A. I have more time to be available, so I can control when I can take my vote on and off in times of need, B. I am certain that there is someone that really *should* be lynched, or C. When time is pressuring enough that a decision *needs* to be made.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

I think vezok's claim is odd, but I am inclined to believe it, because I've played with him before and it looks like something he would do if he was playing as town.

DeathNote's post was, however, quite scummy, and contradictory. I think he tried to say what Yos said before, but he made a mistake. That may have been just a slip, but it is scummy nonetheless. I think we need his confirmation to what he really meant by that.
~Toon fighter~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Porochaz »

Right it seems people are getting hooked up on "the book of mafia" and not actually playing it. Firstly, the way I read Yos's post that he was frustrated but didn't want a quicklynch. As Yos is a pretty decent player he knows suggesting a quicklynch is going to get him flak.

Deidre (Vezok) has played to his own playstyle. I dislike it but at least he isn't a power role because he has been known to claim or had a want to claim in those instances as well. He is either scum or VT, I recommend we keep playing as normal without giving him special compensation or disadvantage.

People hitting my scumdar at the moment: Agar. Im pretty confident he has played with Deidre before and it's not that big a jump to go "I claim day 1 as town, I should claim a townie role now!" To say "Hes town" and immediately rule him out is not good.
DeathNote. For the opposite, the reasons given are not good.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

AGar wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:seriously, when's the last time we quicklynched anyone on day 1 of a large game on mafiascum?

Vezok was policy lynched D1 in 27 hours, 34 minutes in Mafia of the Chosen Ones (Thread open to hammer). It took a whopping 45 posts from thread open to hammer.

So roughly 3.5-4 months ago.

Vezok what do you think of that game? Do you blame yourself for an early mistake you made?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:49 am

Post by creampuffeater »

Confirm, gah I havent played a game on here so long I forgot where the PM box was and diddnt notice the Role PM until now x_x I am such a failure.

To whoever asked if there have been matrix games on other sites, there was one of MTGS about 2 years ago. It was crazy >.>

As for Vezok claiming VT, meh I dont really believe him, nor am I willing to buy primates read that he only does that as town.

We should not be voting Yos. I agree with him that Day 1s are generally quite pointless and do not lead to scum deaths, but do not like his reasoning that then we should lynch VTs because they offer nothing else. However, this seems to be a valid belief and not a scummy one in that its in favor of getting info to the town at a low cost, and provides scum with very little to go off of for their kill.

I am really annoyed all of you think you can just SKIP the random voting stage... no way,
vote primate
I havent seen you around in a while.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 6:57 am

Post by HezLucky »

- I agree with Amrun #52 I am opposed to a speedlynch of any kind on anyone, even on later days because it does
not give us the information we need.

- I would never policy lynch someone I haven't played with before. So I am going to go ahead with the RVS and
Vote: mozamis
for his short post 61
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Kison »

mozamis wrote:this is all nonsense.

Vote: mozamis
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

As promised,
Vote:vezokpiraka

Medicated Lain wrote:
Lynching Vezok for a bad track record, and one post that some of us disagree with on the first day, right off, with no information is certainly not a good way to start off.

Track record is irrelevent.

The fact that it only took one post is also irrelevent.

What is relevent is that now we do have a piece of information: Vezo is either scum, or he is a vanilla townie. That piece of information makes him a better of random lynch. What's even more important is that if he is town, the scum know he is not a power role, so he is less useful to the town then an unclaimed VT.

Personally, Yosarian's call for a quick end to day one, no matter how much frustration seems pretty scummy to me.

I already clarified that I don't actually want a quick end to day 1. Based on the information we have right now, Vezo is the best lynch, so I am voting for him. I expect to get more information that may or may not change that conclusion before the end of day 1.

AGar wrote:

Lol. How did he manage to get lynched that quickly?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:20 am

Post by mozamis »

@ Hezlucky and the other person: fair enough, I should have explained. I meant that all that stuff about lynching that guy who claimed VT is nonsense. Molehills,mountains etc.
vote mr budy lee
-just to say hi buddy :wink: :P
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:21 am

Post by mozamis »

Kison! sorry.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:22 am

Post by mozamis »

Yosarian, we don't know Voz is a VT. He just claimed that. So we dont have ANY info on him.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:29 am

Post by DeathNote »

You misinterpreted my post Agar. Vez has narrowed down the PR list and is who I want to lynch. Of course, someone else could become more scummy and change my opinion which is the reasoning for not wanting a quicklynch as suggested earlier. Quick days help scum, not town.

Now to the post I quoted: You agree with a lynch on me because I claimed VT, but you think we should take our time for it. I find this pretty scummy. You want to lynch me for no reason at all, but in order to appear pro-town you say you don't agree with a quicklynch. Please tell how can you get reasons for votes on me if you are only lynching me because I claimed VT?

I agree with a lynch on you because you are a safe lynch and never is wanting to take your time scummy. You should explain yourself better there.

So for the moment, you are the best lynch as we know for sure you are either villager or scum and we wont risk lynching someone of more value.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:33 am

Post by SensFan »

mozamis wrote:Yosarian, we don't know Voz is a VT. He just claimed that. So we dont have ANY info on him.

He's either a VT or he's not Town. There aren't any other options, so I would suggest you stop thinking there might be.

Anyways,
Vote: vezok
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”