OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

@blenblen, you have completely ignored moz and meransiel despite the fact that there was serious attention being paid to them by pretty much every active player. Why? Tell me what you think of each of them: scummy, or towny?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Amrun »

Just a warning that I might go on V/LA this weekend. Not yet, but this weekend.

I think I will, but I will try to post. I just can't be relied upon.

It's my 21st birthday tomorrow. Haha.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
BlenBlen
BlenBlen
Townie
BlenBlen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by BlenBlen »

OhGodMyLife wrote:@blenblen, you have completely ignored moz and meransiel despite the fact that there was serious attention being paid to them by pretty much every active player. Why? Tell me what you think of each of them: scummy, or towny?
New with lots of fluff.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:27 am

Post by mozamis »

OhGodMyLife wrote:@scotmany, what are you thoughts on moz? What do you make of moz and meransiel's interactions?

@moz, I'd always like to have multiple votes. Why wouldn't you want extra votes? Calling it "hysterical" is not really an argument.
becuase if we had multiple votes it would only take a couple of misguided townies, or the scum team, to lynch someone!
absolute power corrupts absolutely etc Or, in american terms, the "checks and balances" of this game is one vote each -so one individual can't wield any more power than anyone else.
More practically, I was just trying to say that flinging mud at a lot of people is good for scum at this point, as it ups the paranoia and increases the chances of a mislynch. Hence "wishing i could vote for four people" isnt really helpful.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:57 am

Post by Meransiel »

Amrun wrote:Just a warning that I might go on V/LA this weekend. Not yet, but this weekend.

I think I will, but I will try to post. I just can't be relied upon.

It's my 21st birthday tomorrow. Haha.
This
could
be code. Hmm...keeping my eyes on ye...

@Blenblen: You're so...so...partially right :(.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Truant »

VERY happy with where my vote is at (Meransiel) due to the rolefishing that just went on in 79. Yay for IIoA, defending a scum-lurker-buddy (most likely) and rolefishing within the first 4 pages of a mini theme. I don't know if this could get any easier.

@Blen: What problems are you referring to? Why are problems worthy of a vote?
RAWR!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Amrun »

Code? Are you kidding me?

Don't you see the cake next to my name?

I'm going v/la essentially but will try to post a bit. Don't you want to be notified of that?

Birthday sex > mafia games.

Find the code in that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Meransiel »

Truant wrote:VERY happy with where my vote is at (Meransiel) due to the rolefishing that just went on in 79. Yay for IIoA, defending a scum-lurker-buddy (most likely) and rolefishing within the first 4 pages of a mini theme. I don't know if this could get any easier.

@Blen: What problems are you referring to? Why are problems worthy of a vote?
Mafia is never easy. And you're jumping to conclusions like a monk in a roofless maze.

By the way, he is flaking, not lurking. Huge difference.

@Amrun: You can use something like that to make up an uncrackable code, also, the weird phrasing, also, the repetition of "weekend".
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Amrun »

Wow, I sure must be scum in every single game I'm in, with the exact same code! Amazing.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Meransiel »

Yeah, some stuff boggles the mind :D.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Truant »

What other conclusions should I draw from your actions? You're a townie that wants to help scum as much as possible?
RAWR!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Meransiel »

Then why don't you thank me, man?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by mozamis »

Truant wrote:What other conclusions should I draw from your actions? You're a townie that wants to help scum as much as possible?
Maybe you are drawing too many conclusions from his actions.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:@scotmany, what are you thoughts on moz? What do you make of moz and meransiel's interactions?
Moz is all over the place, and isn't a bad place to put a vote. As far as meransiel and moz go, I can see them being scum together. Him say he would probably unvote him, then leaving his vote on him two hours after that (using gut as his justification) is strange.

Oh, and Meransiel accusing Amrun of posting in code is ludicrous.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

Is that mozamis defending merensial?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

You guys I'm totally zonked on Nyquil and should have fallen asleep like an hour ago but doesn't this just seem really.. obvious? I mean. So obvious. Moz and meransiel. Everyone weigh in on them. Is there something funky going on here or what?

Psst blenblen try again, calling their posts fluff is itself more fluffy than their posts.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yeah there's something going on there.

At least I think so.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Truant, Post 55 wrote:Yeah, I believe it's commonly referred to as IIoA.

Unvote
Vote: Meransiel
Since you've brought up "IIoA" a second time just now in Post 80, Truant, please explain to me (i) what you think "IIoA" is, and (ii) how you think it applies to Meransiel.

I have always thought of "Information without Analysis" to be more of a scumtell when somebody makes a post that
looks
impressive (because of the amount of work it seems that player has put into making their post), but once scrutinized, the post does not actually give that player's personal opinion on anything pertinent.

Meransiel, in my opinion, was making a "policy" argument; which almost by definition is not going to contain an "analysis" on players. My problems with his posts, on the other hand, are (i) I don't think the policy is applicable a few days after a game starts, and (ii) I think Meransiel was using the argument to make himself look Town by talking of justice and fairness.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
BlenBlen
BlenBlen
Townie
BlenBlen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by BlenBlen »

Honestly I wasn't reading too much into either Moz or Mer's posts.

Meransiel almost has a quarter of the posts in the game. So I stand by "lots of fluff". Feeling much worse about Mer since my last post though.

I think the Moz + Mer link is pretty tenuous at this point.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 am

Post by mozamis »

Amrun wrote:Is that mozamis defending merensial?
I was merely saying that he was perhaps reading to much int o what Meransiel said.
You are stirring up suspicions.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Truant »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Truant, Post 55 wrote:Yeah, I believe it's commonly referred to as IIoA.

Unvote
Vote: Meransiel
Since you've brought up "IIoA" a second time just now in Post 80, Truant, please explain to me (i) what you think "IIoA" is, and (ii) how you think it applies to Meransiel.

I have always thought of "Information without Analysis" to be more of a scumtell when somebody makes a post that
looks
impressive (because of the amount of work it seems that player has put into making their post), but once scrutinized, the post does not actually give that player's personal opinion on anything pertinent.

Meransiel, in my opinion, was making a "policy" argument; which almost by definition is not going to contain an "analysis" on players. My problems with his posts, on the other hand, are (i) I don't think the policy is applicable a few days after a game starts, and (ii) I think Meransiel was using the argument to make himself look Town by talking of justice and fairness.
IIoA to me is a post that doesn't contain anything regarding a position taken on another player, but is used in an attempt to try to *appear* townie.

(Here is the IIoA post for reference)
Meransiel wrote:
Truant wrote:@Meransiel: Kinda what Tuncali said, why are you defending somebody that has probably ~1/4 chance of being scum when you have nothing to prove that he's pro-town?
Because everyone has a right to defend himself. At least, day 1-wise. You don't vote on people that don't post, you ask the mod to prod them and get them replaced. Until that happens, voting for them means voting at random. And that's fairly anti-town (though unavoidable in some cases).

As such, I won't vote for someone that never posted. I suggest you don't rush with that yourself.

@mozamis: your avi is annoying.
The reason it applies is because he's white knighting a cause that is (at the face of it) honorable/townie. However, look at the motivation behind it: townies do not know what alignment belongs to anybody else (barring confirmed masons, N0 cops, whatever else for random roles in all games) and therefore are ultimately suspicious of everybody. Not posting does not set any townie's mind at ease and voting for lurkers when they aren't in any real danger of being lynched shouldn't really bother any town. Those who do vote for them know that if there's decent content out of them then the vote is likely to be moved and there's no harm done, if they don't post they'll be replaced anyways, and if they fold under pressure and claim scum then it's good.

There really isn't a downside to voting for a lurker early on; so if there isn't a downside, why would you be arguing against it? Trying to appear town by defending somebody that you know/highly suspect is town (since they aren't in your scumgroup) or defending/asking for a replacement for a lurker scumbuddy that's only going to be lowering your chances of winning are both plausible explanations for the post when you can't possibly have a solid read on said person since they haven't posted.

So it both doesn't provide anything substantial in game, and has more scum motivation than town motivation.
RAWR!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Meransiel »

mozamis wrote:
Truant wrote:What other conclusions should I draw from your actions? You're a townie that wants to help scum as much as possible?
Maybe you are drawing too many conclusions from his actions.
Thanks.
scotmany12 wrote:
Moz is all over the place, and isn't a bad place to put a vote. As far as meransiel and moz go, I can see them being scum together. Him say he would probably unvote him, then leaving his vote on him two hours after that (using gut as his justification) is strange.

Oh, and Meransiel accusing Amrun of posting in code is ludicrous.
Hey, anything is possible.
OhGodMyLife wrote:You guys I'm totally zonked on Nyquil and should have fallen asleep like an hour ago but doesn't this just seem really.. obvious? I mean. So obvious. Moz and meransiel. Everyone weigh in on them. Is there something funky going on here or what?

Psst blenblen try again, calling their posts fluff is itself more fluffy than their posts.
I'm starting to get pro-town reads from you, that post is really rational.
petroleumjelly wrote:Meransiel, in my opinion, was making a "policy" argument; which almost by definition is not going to contain an "analysis" on players. My problems with his posts, on the other hand, are (i) I don't think the policy is applicable a few days after a game starts, and (ii) I think Meransiel was using the argument to make himself look Town by talking of justice and fairness.
Not exactly, no. If I was mafia, keeping my head low and voting for someone who is defenseless would be the most pro-town thing to do. By defending a flaker, I'm not making myself a favor, I'm putting myself at risk. You're jumping to conclusions, as I have said.

@Truant post 95: All that you have said can be invalidated by me PMing a single thing to the mod. Why so much pressure AGAINST something so easy to do? Because I COULD be in team with the guy and replacing him COULD strengthen the mafia? Sorry, but the alternatives are far easier to believe.

As such, I'll kindly ask the mod to prod.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:42 am

Post by mozamis »

ender241 wrote:VOTE: Scotmany12
Only post this person has made. No explanation given. Weird.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 am

Post by mozamis »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Unvote: mozamis, Vote: Meransiel

I only regret that I only have but one vote to give. We just hit page 3. Acting like you are a fountain of virtue (by speaking of patience and equity) is really not getting you anywhere in my book. Especially since you are making generalizations about how mafia games are generally played and progress while just earlier you conceded your inexperience.
This i find a bit TOO agressive, and as such, scummy. Trying to ridicule someone for wanting to be patient? Illogical. Plus a bit of "I'm experienced and you're a noob" from petrol.
None of which looks very town to me.
VOTE PETROLEUMJELLY
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 am

Post by scotmany12 »

That WIFOM in Meransiel's last post only makes me more confident in my vote.

Preview Edit: Mozamis's vote on pj sucks, and is basically OMGUS.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”