PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Equinox wrote:Oh, right. The QuickTopic where we cackled and sweated. Well, it's mostly me spamming.

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/HeP6Wi6FtbED
Shadow gave his ok in the QT and since equinox posted this I gues that takes care of his opinion

Game was fun. Don't see any imediate flaws in play except ender thought 3 scum may be possible generally in 7 players that is not done. I guess you didn't know so I hope you use that to your advantage in future game

Yu guys think 7 or 8 good minimum for this? I can't decide given what would happen if scum did die day 1?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Do you really think it matters in a game that ends after every one bowled down each other in N1? O_o
Yay I kinda thought someone might hold their fire... but yay... guess not

YO MR. FLAY IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS YOU AND I BOTH SOUGHT TO UNBREAK TJ, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT HERE OR VIA PM TO ME LATER
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I can't decide given what would happen if scum did die day 1?
Hmm? If circle kill lonely scum survives, again scum win... If not: Rumble gamble bangbang again...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

OK yay I think I am going on lunch break too. If I run another one it will be up after my lunch
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Maybe add something like multiple kills on the same person cancel each other out (odd number: kill, even number: survive) or something like that... But I guess it's always either breaking strategy for town or utter chaos.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Jahudo »

Do you always want a night 1 end when town mislynch day 1? Is that the idea of texas outlaws, because then it makes sense to keep it like it is I think
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jahudo wrote:Do you always want a night 1 end when town mislynch day 1? Is that the idea of texas outlaws, because then it makes sense to keep it like it is I think
Valid point

I think 7 total is right size and 1 townie will have to not want to hit a townie should they mislynch day 1. 8 total probably also works with 2 players. 9 players total or more would require 3 scum and alot more cautious townies
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Yeah I think with the roleblocker the set-up works fine. I mean I dunno, but I can't see an easy way to break it, and I'd say both town and scum have a fair chance. It will usually end after night 1, but that's okay for a marathon.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:46 am

Post by werewolf555 »

FFFFFFFFFFFF
sorry.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fenchurch wrote:Yeah I think with the roleblocker the set-up works fine. I mean I dunno, but I can't see an easy way to break it, and I'd say both town and scum have a fair chance. It will usually end after night 1, but that's okay for a marathon.
true
PokerFace wrote:
Jahudo wrote:Do you always want a night 1 end when town mislynch day 1? Is that the idea of texas outlaws, because then it makes sense to keep it like it is I think
Valid point

I think 7 total is right size and 1 townie will have to not want to hit a townie should they mislynch day 1. 8 total probably also works with 2 players. 9 players total or more would require 3 scum and alot more cautious townies
Since lunch will likly take me time and I will be nursing doped brain. This won't be run again, at least not by me. You guys can run it if you want without me. I think we had a good test size, thank you all for playing

UDrink likly to be arround 8 or 9 pm tonight! EST
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

werewolf555 wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFF
sorry.
Its cool. I'm not the kinda of mod that holds needing to be replaced during a marathon game against its players. you are eligible for my other games
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

I did some math. I believe my contributions to unbreaking TJ have been perfected. Wiki has been updated

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... ternatives

If someone wants to work on a TJ alternative that punishes an even number of kills hitting the same target and thus 1 kill canceling another kill out, be my guest. I think that only angle me and Flay didn't go into. For now I think I have done enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I alerted Mith to the lock issue. He should figure it out
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Looks good.
Retired as of October 2014.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Actually I am thinking 8 needs to be minimum (or 2n+2 = 8 in Injustice and Outlaws instead of 2n+1=7). Put it this way. Game was originally about the 1-shot killings.

let's say we have 7 players
Day 1: 5 town, 2 scum
lynch = town
at night if no one shoots except the scum next day is
Day 2: 3 town, 2 scum
if lynch = town then the game is over as scum can block 1 townie and kill it and then block the other and be soul survivor next day regardless of who town shoots on night 2 in that game.

They way our TJ alternatives games seem to play out is 1 player holding their fire is generally a good idea as town gets shot more then scum. Had we not lynch scum day 1 in the coney island Wait your turn Tex game, i think we would have been very screwed. Basically we kinda got lucky and I see what CES meant in his game analysis

Also if proper play seems to favor holding your fire then why did we make a a game about the 1 shot killings? So i say add 1 more take 7 and make it 8 so we can have at least one 1 shot kill and play the game the way we wanted to.
PokerFace in a PM to Mr. Flay wrote:Subject: Texas Outlaws (Game Over) Night 1 Killing Spree SCUM WIN
Mr. Flay wrote:Looks good.
Thanks. I updated the game with one last comment and I'll update the wiki on outlaws and injustice shortly. Considering everything is meant to be in the focus of a bunch of 1 shot killings I think your game may have been closer to a true alternative or at least it gave people what they really wanted when they joined the game. The chance to make a 1 shot kill on your target. Though with the evens and odds things some people still don't get to do that or they get killed before they get a chance to do it

A way to combine ideas or perfect the "Take your Shot" alternative which was based on your game with an incentive for the killings people want may be something worth looking into
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

*nod* WYTT forces some players to "hold their fire", which keeps the entire game from being decided N1. TJAs are always going to be swingy with that many guns, no way around that I think.
Retired as of October 2014.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay in WYTT only way game could end on night 1 would be if all the odds shot, all evens got killed that by then, and remining mafia > remaining odds. Thats a fairly unlikly scenario
PokerFace in a PM to Mr. Flay wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
PokerFace wrote:A way to combine ideas or perfect the "Take your Shot" alternative which was based on your game with an incentive for the killings people want may be something worth looking into
What was Take Your Shot?
Check the wiki.

I believe when you first made your game I accidently called your game by that name. Since I liked this other name I used it for a modified version of WYTT

The idea is ridiculously swingy so not sure on its balance but I think its closest thing to combining some ideas and giving everyone a chance at firing a one shot kill whenever they want. Not sure I'll ever get chance to try it out sometime

All and all I think we did a good job of providing alternatives to TJ. Thanks for your help and what not, nice working with you.

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”