Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yay town! Solid all-around effort.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 am

Post by chesskid3 »

dead qt?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Faraday »

gg. town lynched pretty damn well and used their roles well too.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I got really worried I wasn't submitting the kills properly when our N1 and N2 kills both failed. Not getting the Eddy Guerrerro vig on Furc hurt us
really
bad in hindsight :(

"Kane, Brother of Destruction" was my first proper fakeclaim :D I wish I'd said I could have visited anyone rather than the TT holders only, that made it too convoluted. I doubt it'd have gotten me very far though. But wow, EA was a real beast in this game, seriously made the most effective use of a tracker I've ever seen in any game ever. It was really great fun, especially the bloodbath nights >:)

GG town you deserved the win (Y)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Do you want your possessions identified?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Have to apologize to our scumteam for misreading our role pm, (We actually spent the game up to our death thinking we were just a goon.) and also for that dumb lie that got us busted.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ah, well. Coming back for a game as my favorite wrestler was pretty cool, even though we had to put over the baby faces, again.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

VP Baltar wrote:I think most of my comments about this game were mostly said in the dead QT. I will repeat however that this was a hell of a lot of scum :P. Town got lucky the way things worked out, even if some town members were hunting very well. I liked the belt mechanics, it was an interesting twist to things. Scum teams obviously had a mix of bad luck and bad fake claims here. Thanks for modding Locke. Flavor was great of course. I would definitely play in a sequel game if it ever came up.
So sad I didn't get a chance to use all my awesome abilities too. People have got to stop NKing me when I'm a fun role.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

My thoughts:

-First of all, very pleased that people enjoyed the flavour and that I only actually had to replace one player. The pace kept up well and for the most part (looking at you, Furc :P) people got the hang of the rules fairly quickly. I'm glad a lot of people want to play in the next one! My inclination at the moment is that the game was maybe slightly too big and complicated, but on the whole it ran well and people had fun, so I'm happy with it.

-The Rumble in its original format was obviously a bad idea pace-wise. My original calculations were based on people spreading around their votes a bit more so that votes wouldn't be lost so fast. As it happens, all the VIs and lurkers just got tossed straight away and it was then going to take days for the last third or so to get eliminated. There were too many people sitting around doing nothing for too long, which was the exact opposite of what this game was supposed to be about. I wasn't entirely happy with having to change the rules halfway through but I think it got the game moving and made it a lot more fun, so it was probably a good decision.

-I needed to define the belts better, both in PMs and the rules, particularly the Tags. I should have made things like choosing a new person to pass it to, and the fact the Tags were only night-talk, a lot clearer. I also feel pretty bad about the sottyrulez situation. I honestly didn't really think about the effect it would have until after I'd said it, and they were spot on with their assessment in the dead QT - that I should have made it clear how the belts pass in the rules, and who gets notified. I also wonder whether it would have been better to make the passing public, particularly with the IC. As one scumteam got hold of it, they got to keep using ninja and strongman kills, and there was no real way town could prevent it short of lynching the person with the belt.

-There was probably slightly too much scum (or too little town), as VP has alluded to. I expected more crosskills, but actually the proportion of scum crosskills to the amount of scum players in the game was very low. Fortunately, town compensated for that by successfully lynching all but one of the days. I'd played in two games prior to this (ACoK and LoTR) where scum/SK crosskills had played a huge part in deciding the game and I wanted to give scum a strong chance to counteract that, hence the large amount of scum, the 1-shot BPs for HHH, DiBiase and the Dudleys and the mafia doctor. In a way it had the desired effect - it meant town won the game largely through lynches and not the actions of the opposing scumteams.

-Some of my favourite roles either didn't get used or didn't really work out as planned. Thor was obviously killed before he could use his career vs career ability, which I was really looking forward to (particularly the flavour). IS only gained one hammer ability, and Gobots' bribes didn't really have an effect on the game. If he had bribed Jedi, Jason or one of the scum then it might have been different. Watching Jedi try to get voted was pretty funny, especially because everyone pretty much ignored his attempts to be scummy for ages. I'd be interested to hear what people thought of his role because I wasn't sure whether it was overpowered to effectively have a PR that the town could charge up themselves.

-Town's best players were probably EA and DDD. I think EA successfully tracked scum to three kills, and DDD blocked a kill on VP and then saved EA to not only condemn Furc but also take out Gobots, which finished the game off for town. Jedi had some good reads and responded well to the events of the game; he correctly decided not to vig VP after thinking he was scum for most of the day, and actually vigged both Lowell and Gobots and got unlucky that both had 1-shot protection. Jason's reads were also excellent while he was in the game and I think he might have been pretty likely to take out Gobots if he hadn't chosen Snake. I have to say that IS contributed greatly to the entertainment level for me; I think he managed to annoy most other players, but his play fit really well with the theme and his role and made things a lot funnier from my perspective (a bit like don johnson in the first game). Chesskid's posts were also quite entertaining as the game went on, particularly the repeated policy lynch suggestions.

-Scum didn't get particularly lucky early in the game and then made a lot of bad decisions to compound that. The Empking lynch was pretty much good luck for town with the late switch, and GMan got unfortunate that the Chevy-flavoured kill was blocked. I think the worst mistake (as I said in the QT) was Furc sledging KK instead of jedi or EA. I still don't know why he made that call and it was a real waste of that second strongman kill when there were two PRs about that were very dangerous to scum. There was also not enough focus on taking out the pro-town players (eg. kills like VV) that made scum get trapped by PoE late on; I think Furc and Gobots were pretty much the next two lynches in most players' books even before the events of N6. I don't think Lowell was ever fully engaged (see the DDD kill) and Snake was just unfortunate to get into Jason's sights. There weren't really any outstanding fakeclaims; GMan did his best with Eddie, although I thought the Chevy was a bit convoluted and he would have been better claiming something simpler, and AV actually had a few people going with his, although again it was probably overly complex to make it one of the Tag champs he had to target, rather than just finding the Undertaker. The injury framing didn't help scum anywhere near as much as I thought.

-On the topic of the next game: I am planning to run another at some point this year, and my working idea is a UPick-your-wrestler setup. If anyone wants to help with the setup or just wants to declare their interest, let me know; I know several people have already declared they want to pre-in so I'll start making a list of names.

-Finally, many thanks to Faraday for his setup and backup help, he was great in all aspects and it was really useful to have someone around to check things with and to run the game for a couple of days when I wasn't around. Thanks also to Jahudo and Grimmy for their advice on the setup, and to Porkens for letting me use his great idea (and making his not-quite-so triumphant return!).
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Nero Cain wrote:I haven't been posting b/c well...whats the point? Its not like my reads have changed and its not like anyone agrees or listens to me.

Thats said I don't think IS should be getting a free pass. So he "pegged" Emp. His "scum read" still reads faux. I think the key is that that he was like "one of EA/Emp is scum
but im not going to vote

Chess also said that EA was scum but didn't vote.

I think the key is when AV, Furc and VPB voted EA and then IS called the "townies"

Furcs calling IS' hammer of EMP bad BUT NOT calling his hammer of Trend bad AND THEN not answering me why is pretty craptastic considering EMP fliped scum.

I'd still be happy with a IS, VPB, Chess, Primate, Furc lynches and or vig.

vote:Furc
ho hum it was a 3 town/2scum split >_>
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

That seems like a great summary of the game.

RE: The injury framing, if our kills had gone through from the start, we were planning on Bearhugging to frame Chess consistently, but we had our first kill blocked, and it would have obviously helped GMan on N2 if it'd had gone through. The one successful Bear Hug worked for a while but I think I pushed it too much :( In the end I just wanted to perform the most electrifying move in sport's entertainment >_>

I would very much be interested in a third installment with a U-Pick element >:)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

It also would have been interesting to see how Thors powers played out, had myself and Lowell not tableized him...

Very good game Locke. The one I've enjoyed the most since being on here. Oh and in the sequel I'm coming for you Jason!!
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by jediknight »

I did enjoy the game. I went into this thinking that I would play the VI role so I could get votes and also try to keep my role secret. I played with the idea of hitting myself...but Locke said I couldn't. So I flaked alot in the early days and figured that copping a bit of an attitude would help. VPB took an instant disliking to me because of that style I think. I apologize for that.

My favorite play of the game was my "read" on Jason after he was dead. I figured that if I posted that then eyes would turn onto me for sure. But after posting it I quickly realized that people weren't going to quit voting the guy that "sees dead people". So I changed my strategy figuring the only way to use the role was to disclose it. In hindsight, I had a harder time convincing people that I was who I said I was because of my irratic play earlier.

I stuck with my read on VPB as scum mostly cause of his reactions throughout but decided he was most likely town at the end of his day. My judgement was clouded by our earlier interactions but I did see the light. You were being rather mocking but I can see the reasoning now.
And I'm spent...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I wouldn't say I really "disliked" you jedi. I just thought you were being really irrational and OMGUSing me for no clear reason. I felt I was being as helpful to the town as I possibly could have been, so I didn't get why you were tunneling on me so hard. I also felt like you were being overly sensitive about me questioning you, but I can see now that's just sort of how you play (at least in this game), so at least I have a better understanding of that now.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Awesome game.

Also dibs for ma and Kise for pegging gobots scum on day 1.

Also sorry DDD. I thought you were scum when you refused to claim.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Porkens »

Jedi or Furc, if you had received a message saying 'kill 'whoever' to get powers, what would you have thought?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Kise »

chesskid3 wrote:if the game is almost over
we have enough time for a policy lynch of IS?

Anyone else down?

chesskid3 wrote:EA YOU DOWN BRAH?

Lmao...
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:53 am

Post by jediknight »

Porkens wrote:Jedi or Furc, if you had received a message saying 'kill 'whoever' to get powers, what would you have thought?

tbh probably not... It might have depended on the powers offered and my read on that "whoever" person but I tend to take my killing rather seriously as a town vig role and struggle with the choice anyway. I'd immediately think that such an offer was a scummy behavior.
And I'm spent...
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Kise »

Happy birthday, Triple D. Thank you for your service, good man.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”