Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mina wrote:Don't get me wrong. I'm in favour of millers claiming on D1 and all. But it's been half an hour since I asked for flavour. Did you log off immediately after posting?

The quicker you come forward with a character and flavour, the more likely I am to believe you.
For a forum game of Mafia, that's an awfully short period of time to be complaining about having to wait for an answer. Unless you know that Reckamonic had been posting elsewhere, I don't see the problem.

Awaiting Mina's questions for me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Actually, SC, I see her point. It's less the time waited and more the fact it both wasn't immediately forthcoming and somewhat odd to just immediately log off after making a post like that.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Makes sense.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Katsuki »

Oh that reminds me.

Disclaimer: No flavor knowledge
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

No flavor knowledge here, either.

And we remembered we hadn't posted yet, we were both too lazy to read RVS nonsense, so we decided "Hey, let's just go ahead and claim miller and see where that discussion leads".

Any sort of nitpicking at us for not staying online 24/7 is absurd.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I've seen the movie once awhile ago, and from what I remember, that role makes sense as a miller. It's a good movie. Y'all should watch it. The Iron Chef America chairman is in it.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I have the flu. Joy. V/LA until further notice.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@mina, yes, after re-reading ut does look worse. I agree with most of your reads, except for the thing about rek/dra logging off. I often times log off right after I make a post (especially in the morning, aka, right now). I'll do some reading on UT during break and see if he is worth a vote. I'm also getting a scummy vibe from mariy.

@mari, is the movie any good? Just based on the flavor they gave it doesn't seem to be millerish... seems more scum, but I aven't watch the movie so I can't say.

@rek/dra, could you guys stop posting in "we" it creeps me out. I'm reading through and then *pow* I find this post that refers to the poster as we... personal preference.

that's all for now... sorry that its a bit rushed.
after a wank.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...reread done.

Initial suspicions are on Mari for her concientious unvote when UK got to a whopping 3rd vote in RVS. BFD IMO. This followed by her weak vote on AKR for his insult+useless comment. Not sure what more she is looking for from people in the first 11 hours of gameplay but I see no foul from AKR.

I don't know why montainous game conjecture was brought up...I realize SC elaborated on it but still...seems like a worthless attempt to emulate contribution.

Iirc I've never played with a miller so no comment atm on the claim.
UK wrote:@havingfitz: Why did you unvote Untrod Tripod? When are you going to provide a top suspect?
I saw no need to keep a RV out at that point in the game. In the same post I unvoted in I stated my intentions re: my as yet TBD top suspect. So why are you asking?

Top suspect is Mari for comments made above. And after all the fuss about someone getting to L-4 I find the L-2 vote from Ghostwriter to be suspicious combined with his subsequent v/la post which provided no other comment on his L-2 vote and convenient absence.

VOTE: Mariyta
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Mina »

Okay, I understand where you're coming from now on AGM/UT, UncertainKitten.

I checked the imdb page for
Brotherhood of the Wolf
, but that's it. Maybe I should check out the movie.

SC, I've been burnt by someone fakeclaiming one hour after another player softclaimed a tracker result. See DrippingGoofball's sig for paraphrasing a role PM vs. fakeclaiming. I don't find it scummy that Reck posted and ran. But had he responded within minutes of my question, that would have been a major clue that he hadn't taken the time to PM Magna for a fakeclaim. That's why I wanted him to answer as quickly as possible.

Reckamonic, is that all your role PM says? Miller, and then flavour for why you're a miller? Does your character have a name?
I agree with most of your reads, except for the thing about rek/dra logging off.
Wait a minute, CooLDoG. Weren't your scum reads on Mariyta, Katsuki, and StrangerCoug?

I said I didn't like the case on Mariyta OR Katsuki, and only made a throwaway comment about SC "drawing my attention" (as a side note, I still owe you questions, but I have to leave for work).
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:14 am

@hf: Sure, but ASAP generally implies sooner than nearly 24 hours later. Just saying.

Nothing else to note.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Zang »

Havingfitz wrote:
VOTE: Untrod Tripod
for nothing more than a random vote. Honest. I mean it. No reason other than randomness.
Why did you need to emphasize that it was just a random vote? Why did you even randomly vote after RVS?
Mariyta wrote:On that note,
VOTE: AKnottedRope
. Has made two posts, one as an insult to another player, one to throw out a useless comment on Katsuki's game.
I really don't see how that is scummy considering that at the time it was only page 2 and RVS just ended.
Mariyta wrote:@AKR: I know there are people who haven't posted. They probably haven't even seen the game. You have, and you've even posted twice, yet you have not contributed at all.
You completely ignored his first point.
Mariyta wrote:Where would you prefer it to go? I don't agree with the three candidates you listed. I think my vote is in a pretty good spot right now.
If you don't think anyone is scummy then you should unvote.
AlmasterGM wrote:And then within the next 3-4 posts people are like, "OMG we're out of RVS." If we're out of RVS then "go go gadet bandwagon" isn't an acceptable vote. Yes? 

But me personally, I don't care much about that.
If you don't care about it, why did you bother pointing it out? And just because it is bandwagoning doesn't mean that it is random.
UncertainKitten wrote:AGM's latest post is giving me bad vibes. But they're related to UT, who I'm not yet opinionated on. Or rather, not strongly opinionated. My leaning is that that the revote without Katsuki posting inbetween is off, but I don't feel it's necessarily conclusive. The fact that AGM brings this up and it's altogether stronger than anything he has on Mari *could* easily be done with scum intent. More easily than town intent, anyway.
Why say that you are not yet strongly Opinionated on him yet but then vote for him? Why did you even vote for him?
Mina wrote:Don't get me wrong. I'm in favour of millers claiming on D1 and all. But it's been half an hour since I asked for flavour. Did you log off immediately after posting?

The quicker you come forward with a character and flavour, the more likely I am to believe you.
That is very weak. It takes only a few seconds to click log out and your post was 7 minutes later.
Reckamonic wrote:The flavor says something about us being the Head of the Brotherhood of the Wolf (the church or something?), and our link to the Brotherhood of the Wolf has tainted how the local authorities see us.
Why claim the flavor but not the name of your role?
CooLDoG wrote:@mari, is the movie any good? Just based on the flavor they gave it doesn't seem to be millerish... seems more scum, but I aven't watch the movie so I can't say.
Based on what I've read on Wikipedia. He is one of the main antagonists. But we don't know what the flavor for the mafia is in this game.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:33 am

@Zang: Fuck your quote stripes with a hammer.

That said it was a stream of consciousness post, as I explained in a later post. But clearly you weren't paying attention. Too busy using quote tags I expect.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

@CD: Yeah, it's pretty good. But it's French, so if you don't know French you'll have to read subtitles.

@GW: Feel better!

@HF: I've already answered both of your accusations.

I like how Zang attacks more than half the players in the game, but doesn't actually give any opinions.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Zang »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Zang: Fuck your quote stripes with a hammer.

That said it was a stream of consciousness post, as I explained in a later post. But clearly you weren't paying attention. Too busy using quote tags I expect.
That's the way I post, especially in day 1.

You don't read your posts before posting them? Because you completely contradicted yourself.
Mariyta wrote:I like how Zang attacks more than half the players in the game, but doesn't actually give any opinions.
I did give opinions. I'm suspicious of Katsuki and you and I don't find UT or AKR scummy. And I give my comments on whatever I find is scummy.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Mariyta »

Alright, I did a little research to refresh my memory of the movie since I haven't seen it in a couple years and all the comments about the main antagonist were confusing me. First, Reck never claimed a name, but I'm assuming they're Henri, the priest who is the leader of the Brotherhood. He's psycho, yes, but not the main bad guy. He makes sense as scum, but he also makes sense as a miller. I don't think he knows about the beast or Gypsies, but I may be remembering that wrong.
-Susan Ertz

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 am

Quote stripes are still just about the best way to artificially inflate a post that actually says nothing. You ask a lot of aimless questions. I hope the answers help you.

As for reading my posts before posting them, I do, but I rarely feel the need to edit them. You know why? I'm town, and my thought processes reflect that. I have nothing to hide. If I make a seeming contradiction, perhaps rather than saying "OH MAI GAWD U CONTRADICK *hurr hurr* ED URSLF!!", you should THINK for two seconds about just HOW said contradiction benefits scum.

Your "scumhunting" thus far is unimpressive. Fix it.

@Mari, and everyone else: May I request that the flavor route NOT be taken? It's generally a waste of town time and resources to arrive at absolutely no useful conclusion. To add to that, you've also assisted Reckamonic's fakeclaim, if that is what they are doing. There was no need to give the name out for free. Flavor spec more often benefits scum than town because it tells them what people are expecting. I've *never* seen a valid town benefit to flavor speculation.

Thank you, this was a PSA from Kitties! Inc.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 am

Just to disclaim the above, by the way, I mean only to refer to your actions, Zang, and not your personal person. From what little I've interacted with you, you seem like a decent guy. I just want it to be clear that if it seems like I'm insulting you directly, I more insulting your posts. As for my end I try my best to direct anything mean I have to say to what I find distressing in the first place, but sometimes I mess up and go off with "You're an idiot *etc. etc.*"
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

Well.... I still think everyone should watch the movie, so there.

P-edit: I think I've received a bit more than just "You're an idiot" at one time or another. ;)
-Susan Ertz

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Reckamonic »

ATTN DUMBASSES

THE HEAD OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF IS THE NAME OF OUR ROLE
JESUS H CHRIST
._.
meeeeeeep?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Mariyta »

How the hell were we supposed to know your role name was "Head of the Brotherhood of the Wolf"???? Dick.
-Susan Ertz

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Zang »

Mariyta wrote:Alright, I did a little research to refresh my memory of the movie since I haven't seen it in a couple years and all the comments about the main antagonist were confusing me. First, Reck never claimed a name, but I'm assuming they're Henri, the priest who is the leader of the Brotherhood. He's psycho, yes, but not the main bad guy. He makes sense as scum, but he also makes sense as a miller. I don't think he knows about the beast or Gypsies, but I may be remembering that wrong.
It was just an assumption I made based on what I read on Wikipedia.
UncertainKitten wrote:Quote stripes are still just about the best way to artificially inflate a post that actually says nothing. You ask a lot of aimless questions. I hope the answers help you.
Quote stripes make it easier for me to organize and read my post. I know that I ask a lot of questions, most of them are just comments phrased as questions.
UncertainKitten wrote:As for reading my posts before posting them, I do, but I rarely feel the need to edit them. You know why? I'm town, and my thought processes reflect that. I have nothing to hide. If I make a seeming contradiction, perhaps rather than saying "OH MAI GAWD U CONTRADICK *hurr hurr* ED URSLF!!", you should THINK for two seconds about just HOW said contradiction benefits scum.
I never said that you were scum and I can think of several reasons.
UncertainKitten wrote:Just to disclaim the above, by the way, I mean only to refer to your actions, Zang, and not your personal person. From what little I've interacted with you, you seem like a decent guy. I just want it to be clear that if it seems like I'm insulting you directly, I more insulting your posts. As for my end I try my best to direct anything mean I have to say to what I find distressing in the first place, but sometimes I mess up and go off with "You're an idiot *etc. etc.*"
I usually don't take anything that's said about me in mafia personally. Idiot also isn't the worst thing I've been called, for example-
Reckamonic wrote:ATTN DUMBASSES

THE HEAD OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF IS THE NAME OF OUR ROLE
JESUS H CHRIST
You could've specified that. I find it hard to believe that the mod would have given you that rolename if the name of the character was said in the movie.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Oh yeah. Our name is Henri Sardons or something like that.
._.
meeeeeeep?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 am

Oh? So you can find some scum intent for that stream of consciousness? Oh, I'd LOVEEEEEEEE to hear it, Zang~.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mariyta wrote:How the hell were we supposed to know your role name was "Head of the Brotherhood of the Wolf"???? Dick.
Good point. I find it interesting that somebody else gave a nameclaim possibility and Reckamonic took it and ran with it. Something's not right.

UNVOTE: Katsuki
VOTE: Reckamonic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”