LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

We would have won this game days ago if I hadn't been blocked. But I'm not bitter at all...

GG town, and FANTASTIC JOB MOD!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it was just a brain fart. I self corrected in a double post iirc, ckd didn't. There's orders of magnitude of difference there.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

good job town...scum really feel apart, but even with that, you guys did well.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Yeah, thanks for stepping in and allowing me to reach endgame, Vi.
I was wrong on CKD/TMH, sorry for that, but at least I was right on my numbers analysis, and on SC at the end

Once we lynched DGB, I was very surprised to see the position we were actually in.
I also felt that WC was playing as underwhelmed town, and sticking to that got us a win.
I would definitely play again.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I really enjoyed this game, as I noted in the Dead QT. As much help as IAI, pops, and MoI were in securing a victory, DGB, that vixen, really cannot be overlooked here. I'd love to see this game unfold in an alternate universe where Lateralus, that bum, never flaked. I feel like the scumteam had Lateralus in our collective pocket. ;)

gg all!
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:51 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Side Note, Congrats MoI on the Scummy. When I saw you on that list, I knew my chances were slim!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 am

Post by LimMePls »

I Am Innocent wrote:Side Note, Congrats MoI on the Scummy. When I saw you on that list, I knew my chances were slim!
x2
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

pops from Neighborhood wrote:Why is LMP town? There's so much blood on his hands, and looking back at D2 the "three people you think are scummy please darla answer my question answer my question answer my question" is such fake scumhunting.
How exactly was that fake scumhunting? I wanted her dead, and I wanted solid relational information for what I thought was a coming scum flip.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

@MOD: What do you think of the idea of multiple scum teams to help fix the swinginess? If a scum flip doesn't clear who he passed to (because that person could be scum from another team) it goes a VERY long way towards toning down the information gained from the power passing, while still making it relevant information (Player A can't be scum WITH Player B).

V/LA on weekends
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:47 am

Post by The Eruci »

LynchMePls wrote:@MOD: What do you think of the idea of multiple scum teams to help fix the swinginess? If a scum flip doesn't clear who he passed to (because that person could be scum from another team) it goes a VERY long way towards toning down the information gained from the power passing, while still making it relevant information (Player A can't be scum WITH Player B).
It is a interesting idea, one that I will be considering for a second iteration of the setup. The only thing is it limits the game design to automatically having two scumfactions. But as an alternative I prefer it to the concept of unknown scumpartners.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:32 am

Post by LimMePls »

I've nominated the game for best new mechanic. I think this should get 2nd/3rd/Nth.

V/LA on weekends
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by diddin »

Furcolow dude you've played so much better in this game than your reputation suggests. You're getting a lot better.

Same to IAI. In Growing Pains you were the same smart, analytical obvious townie you were here, but you weren't very aggressive. I'd like to think I taught you how to be aggressive even though I made a dunce out of myself in that game;)
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

giving someone chances to trap themselves isn't the same as scumhunting. Obviously that read was wrong though.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Thanks for the congratulations guys!

I Nthed the Best New Mechanic Nomination and threw in a Smooth Operator nom for Kunkstar (aka The Eruci). The way he handled this game was an excellent display of Mod greatness.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Parama »

I was under the impression that The Eruci was two mods using the same account... don't remember who the second one was though x_x
I should probably nth those nominations, but I'm too lazy. *shrug*
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by The Eruci »

For those of you interested in looking at the actions / Cyclings, I kept it all together in a Master spreadsheet, so you can take a look at that here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPaUvrEO

Note that the end days might be a bit messy because it was easier to keep things straight with less people.
And thanks to all the people who nominated this game/mechanic, I am extremely glad that I accomplished my goal of making this enjoyable for everyone!
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 am

Post by nhammen »

I forgot that I said I would tell people why I chose to send to Saint. I had two reasons: A) I did not want to send to obvtown players that had a chance of being nightkilled, so on N2 and after, that ruled out iam and implosion and B) I wanted to create as many connections as I could, so I sent to different players every night from the very start of the game. If someone thought I was scummy, this action of trying to create as many connections as I could would have been seen as obviously pro-town. If I was scum and had done that, one flip would have ended the game. No scum in their right mind would ever take that risk. Whereas town has a large incentive to do this. It might have been better to tell this strategy to everyone now that I think about it, but while the game was ongoing, my main thought was that because scum knew who i had sent to on previous nights, they could easily narrow down the list of who I would send to this night.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Vi »

I did something similar with passing Monitor to LMP. As a
persona non grata
, I deliberately passed abilities to (evident) scum, so as to maximize the possibility I could be cleared by someone else's flip. The fact that the Town was holding people responsible for who they passed to helped this a lot, in case I actually DID pass something useful to scum.

So naturally it was the pass I didn't have anything to do with that wound up clearing Saint, but... well, I already said this was a hideous game for me.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”