I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:10 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

First of all, thanks for the invite and thanks for modding probably the funnest game I have yet played on mafiascum.

Turning point in the game was for sure DGB's kill of RC and then declaring that kill the next day! Why in the world would you do that, it essentially gave away your SK status???

I was happy for my play, mostly my reads in the game (town/scum). RC had me fooled, and SC for a while, but his lurking when town was excited and chattering was his giveaway. At that point though, he was fighting an almost impossible uphill battle.

MOI deserves a ton of credit for setting up that plan, and though he was only in for 1 day, I'd include him in the co-MVP list IMO.

I have not read the qt's yet, but I am interested in the NK's that didn't happen. I suppose they are in there, but N3 were they gunning for me, Implosion, or DGB? And there was another night where nobody died, was it DGB that night?

Just curious.

Thanks all for a great game, it was fun playing with many of you for the first time. And sorry Pops for not believing you the whole game, try not to be so scummy in the future, okay? :P
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:03 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Finished reading the Dead QT, and my questions on night targets was answered there. Once again, thanks LMP for protecting me N3!!!

@Diddin, Thanks for the comment: "IAI is a fantastic scumhunter. I have faith in him." FTR, you have played in 2 of my better games. RC & Saint/Furc will be happy to tell you about my lack of fantastic scumhunting abilities from Zachtown in the Mtns... :lol:

Regarding something earlier in the game, when I asked my wife to make that post as soon as D3 started, I also asked her to check to see if I got the Virus ability, and if so to forward it to TMH. She preceded to do this instead:

Send Trace to: themanhimself

[*]This is IAI's wife posting this for him so if I'm not doing this right, I'm sorry and he'll fix it later[*]

I followed that up with a quick PM later saying:

Some crazy woman must have hacked into my account. Please disregard this message, especially since I have every intention on making sure TMH is dead today.

Please confirm that the send Trace is not being sent to TMH...

Thankfully you can't forward abilities during the day....but that still didn't help the mad wife who was not happy with IAI for giving her grief about not following instructions!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Congratulations Town! After Night 1 I was sure the passing mechanic plan I had laid out was going to be ignored, and based on the who the scum were I had doubts Town would win.

IAI certainly gets Town MVP from me for being the organizer who took the plan, kept it running, and made good decisions.

I think Pops certainly stands out as another excellent Town contributor. As the Dead QT shows we obviously disagree on many play theories but her reads ended up being very accurate after Day 2.

I haven't read the Mafia QT but am surprised both IAI and Pops lived for so long.

I think DGB would have won the game had she not claimed Purge immediately. The Scum-puter turned out to be pretty accurate this game.

Thanks to Kunkstar (aka the Eruci) for the game. My stay was brief but I enjoyed it and kept up with the thread until the last Day. I can't say that happens often when I die the first Night.

I'd definately play another round and as I suggested in the Dead QT making a multi scum environment would help cut the effectiveness of pass tracing.

Thanks to the scum for bumping up my Large Game N1 kill percentage even higher ... :P
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Parama »

Parama wrote: scummyscum:q21
WrathChild
TMH
quadz

Expecting 75% accuracy here. I don't really care,
once one scum is flipped, links will make themselves evident and the entire team will go down really easily
. WHICH IS WHY WE KILL THIS ENTIRE LIST, OKAY?
Eh, 50% means I'm a failure at life. But this list is *probably* why TMH shot me early. At least I got killed by obvious scum d(''d)
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Parama »

Also I never got the dead QT link so... thanks mods.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I Am Innocent wrote:RC had me fooled, and SC for a while, but his lurking when town was excited and chattering was his giveaway. At that point though, he was fighting an almost impossible uphill battle.
Quoted for truth. I pretty much knew a loss would happen sooner or later (my third as Mafia in a row ><), so I pretty much quietly accepted it.

I think Quirkytown (similar, but with post restrictions that cycle first instead of last) might give you some ideas, The Eruci. Granted, I feel that could use a few changes, too, but still...
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Vi »

I Am Innocent wrote:And sorry Pops for not believing you the whole game, try not to be so scummy in the future, okay? :P
That might be too much to ask :P

Even when I was on track in this game, IAI made my presence obsolete. As it is, probably the only good thing I did for this game was prevent Saint from getting lynched before D3.

Apologies to all; I'll do myself a favor and not read the dead thread. At least I got a Flareon av out of this.

Also, kunk never did answer my questions about the source of this game's flavor.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Vi »

Oh right, before I forget.

This was a good mechanic, kunk. I'd play again.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:03 am

Post by The Eruci »

@Vi, I did answer about the source, I think maybe Furcolow might have picked it up and you didn't check it.
The flavor is all original. I originally planned to have an actual complete story, but never found the time and just slowly formulate the next section as the game progresses.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 am

Post by diddin »

4/5 scum called, bitches.

More thoughts later when I don't have to shower.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:49 am

Post by WrathChild »

Hey thanks for everything guys. I learned a lot. I think a lot of my mis-reads were based on not knowing the intense meta here. That being said this was a very fun and unique game and I would like to commend the mod for doing an excellent job and letting me get my feet wet in this group. I will certainly sign up for another game soon and I'm sure that certain people will want to avoid that game. Thanks to everyone putting up with my relative inexperience (believe it or not I'm more experienced than most of my peers), but this group is the big leagues and I've learned a lot. Also thanks for not rushing me to the noose after my blunder last night.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

Good game, interesting design. I said to myself to follow this game after I died, but at some point I stopped and I don't know why.
I'm interested in another game with this mechanic
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:13 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Eruci wrote:It was interesting to see how the town's morale swung so hard after the death of RedCoyote and the first scumflip of the game. Nine straight town deaths had the town shot to hell morale-wise. But once there was one scumflip the game just fell into place for town, and the town morale shot way back up again. I think this might be saying that there is a bit of swinginess in the setup.
YEAH!!!

And some thanks I got from the town ;-)
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 am

Post by implosion »

Aw. Now-useless plan is now useless.

I'd also play in this again. Fun game, fun mechanic.

And lets see... I called CKD and TMH on day one. I didn't really have many other reads then that I can remember, probably because they wound up being wrong :).
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Bunnylover »

I considered the fact that some of the passing could be fake, but once the redirecter was gone I didn't worry about it.
And on that note, who took away the redirecter from the game? Seems kinda odd as it would benefit scum the most.

Great game, I think I would have been more helpful if I had been here in the beginning. For the most part, I was overwhelmed with information that everyone seemed to know where as I was confused at how they knew lol.
Frankly the only scum I knew where CKD and TMH after he stole the dayvig (WHY?)

Love the game :D
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:06 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

This was a really, really enjoyable set up. I liked the computer flavor and the modding was top-notch!

The scumz were also playing exceptionally well overall, it could have gone either way.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Two roles did not really get as much use as I would have liked. Primarily the Neighborizer. It had potential for an interesting part in this game, and it fit well with the passing mechanic."

In your defense, when q21 declined to use the neighbor thread extensively to determine my alignment when he said he was unsure of it, it contributed to my scumread on him. Scum lurking is just gonna happen.

@Strangercoug: Was "this alignment" actually a slip, or did it really refer to whatever you just mentioned in your head? Or do you not know?

The mechanic is definitely good, I think having townies try to choose a townread to pass to in addition to other factors affecting that choice is really interesting. If there's any way the confirmed townies aspect could be removed though, that'd be a good thing. It's something that replaces scumhunting rather than enhances it. Town deserved to suffer for misreading me, and deserved to have to try harder for ckdscum read.

Maybe break scum up into two groups and they don't know all their partners? Multiple scum factions is another solution I thought you might be using for a large part of the game, but I personally hate multiple scum faction games themselves, when scum have so many things to scumhunt for it's way too easy for them to behave like town.

I enjoyed this game a whole lot. It gives me a reason to play non-invited games now. The way my rep is going I'll have to crash parties to attend any soon anyhow.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

GG town!!! CKD and TMH were obv scum. Please run another mod.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Vi »

popsofctown wrote:Maybe break scum up into two groups and they don't know all their partners?
How would that affect scum not being able to pass to their partners?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

popsofctown wrote:@Strangercoug: Was "this alignment" actually a slip, or did it really refer to whatever you just mentioned in your head? Or do you not know?
I'm not going to fight that it was a slip.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:40 am

For the record after reading the Scum QT - I found it funny that CKD's slip on the Eruci flip meaning he was scum was accurate scum-hunting on our part.

Pops, not sure why you were confused ... :D

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vi wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Maybe break scum up into two groups and they don't know all their partners?
How would that affect scum not being able to pass to their partners?
Sorry, didn't finish my thought. You'd remove the limitation about passing to partners for scum who wanted to cycle to teammates that they do not know for sure to be teammates.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

Confused about what MoI?

Also I wanted to mention that for the record, I found this rule misleading: "If a person with an ability is killed at any point in the game, that ability is removed from gameplay."

I felt that seemed to contradict the existence of the re-initializer. "Dead zone" or "Recycling Bin" or anything else would have been a better name. The card I linked as a joke halfway through the game was a card WotC used to make fun of their own poor name for the removed-from-game zone that confused most new players, in 2009 they renamed that zone "exile".
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Clearly from the scum QT though, that didn't confuse RC one bit. After using the virus ability I was certain everyone would think that I had a infection ability.
"Well, I..."
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:23 am

Confused about the first flip where it listed Eruci as alignment.

Both you and Ckd had reactions that indicated that alignment flip was unexpected. CKD in the Scum QT indicated it was a slip. No idea why you didn't recognize it as a Town alignment flip.

As for splitting a single scum team into unknown partners less optimal than forming two competing scum teams, IMO.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”