nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by nhammen »

Wrath makes a good point that there could be multiple scum, so LMP is not confirmed at all. Although, listening to anything he says at this point makes me feel somewhat dirty.

LMP also has a good point about Wrath's story changing.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by nhammen »

Also, I have asked the mod for an additional vote count.

Note: I feel kinda dumb for considering a scumteam with multiple people remaining that is gambiting with LMP being fake roleblocked, but not considering the possibility that scum is multiple people other than Wrath. I guess I had already decided that Wrath is scum.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 6x2 ::

LynchMePls (0) -

WrathChild (2) -
WratchChild, LynchMePls

Bunnylover (1) -
Bunnylover

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (1) -
StrangerCoug

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (1) -
nhammen

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (3) -
implosion, I Am Innocent, Saint

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by nhammen »

Thanks for the awesome job mod!!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Wrath

That is L-2. Nobody else should vote Wrath yet, until we have a plan.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

UNVOTE: StrangerCoug
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

WrathChild wrote:I figured Roleblocking any of the non-confirmed town would provide us with equal benefit,
I know I skim threads like crazy and I still saw why you were told to Block Bunny in particular.

implosion wrote:Also, WC, LMP is incredibly protown lol... not sure why you aren't seeing that.
I can't say I agree, but etc.

LMP is only NOT confirmed if WrathChild is scum of some kind, which I wouldn't bank on.

Poisoner is likely not in the question.

Non-confirmed VTs claiming would be a decent idea because if the scum want to kill nonconfirmeds would be a wonderful thing.

nhammen wrote:This is as much policy as TMH and CKD were. Their night actions implicated them as much as the night actions implicate Wrath.
This is correct.

I think our next two lynches at this point are more or less set, namely Coug and WrathChild (in that order). I'm concerned with the change in kill flavor (or extra kill flavor?) that we're dealing with an as-yet-unknown element, which is part of why I entertained the possibility of someone aligned with the Asxtori earlier. It doesn't make sense for the Daevori to have individual kill flavors.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Saint »

WrathChild wrote:I figured Roleblocking any of the non-confirmed town would provide us with equal benefit,
I know I skim threads like crazy and I still saw why you were told to Block Bunny in particular.

implosion wrote:Also, WC, LMP is incredibly protown lol... not sure why you aren't seeing that.
I can't say I agree, but etc.

LMP is only NOT confirmed if WrathChild is scum of some kind, which I wouldn't bank on.

Poisoner is likely not in the question.

Non-confirmed VTs claiming would be a decent idea because if the scum want to kill nonconfirmeds would be a wonderful thing.

nhammen wrote:This is as much policy as TMH and CKD were. Their night actions implicated them as much as the night actions implicate Wrath.
This is correct.

I think our next two lynches at this point are more or less set, namely Coug and WrathChild (in that order). I'm concerned with the change in kill flavor (or extra kill flavor?) that we're dealing with an as-yet-unknown element, which is part of why I entertained the possibility of someone aligned with the Asxtori earlier. It doesn't make sense for the Daevori to have individual kill flavors.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Roles that could determine a lack of scum teammates:

Treestump: Implosion ->
Curiouskarmadog
-> I Am Innocent ->
q21
REMOVED FROM GAME

Monitor: Bunnylover -> nhammen -> Saint -> LynchMePls ->
popsofctown
REMOVED FROM GAME

Day Vig Recovered from Void by StrangerCoug -> WrathChild -> Saint/LynchMePls -> ?

Void Collector: (nobody D1) -> I Am Innocent -> StrangerCoug -> I Am Innocent -> Implosion -> ?
(DO NOT SAY YET)

Hibernate: Recovered from Void by I Am Innocent -> Implosion -> Saint/LynchMePls -> ?
(DO NOT SAY)

Reinitialize:
popsofctown
(Virus) -> DrippingGoofball (DoubleVoter) -> LynchMePls (Hibernate/IAI) -> I Am Innocent (Hibernate/Implosion) -> LynchMePls (was blocked) -> ?
(DO NOT SAY)

Tracker: nhammen -> Implosion -> I Am Innocent (Bunny) -> nhammen (DGB) -> LynchMePls (was blocked) -> ?

Roleblock: Saint (DBE) ->
q21
-> Implosion (NC) -> I Am Innocent (q21) -> WrathChild (LMP) -> ?

Confirmed non-Daevori

Implosion
I Am Innocent
Saint
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thoughts on the above chart.

I do not think it is necessary to discern which of Saint/LMP had the DayVig and which had the Hibernate ability D5 at this time.

If anyone has an ability that is not on this list (DayVig, Void Collector, Hibernate, Reinitialize, Tracker, Roleblocker}, please come forward at this time.

@Saint/LynchMePls/WC, please state whether you sent your ability to Pops or not.
DO NOT SAY WHO YOU SENT IT TO IF IT WAS NOT POPS!

@ Implosion, please hold off on saying whether or not you sent your ability to Pops or not until the three above have answered their question (or at least the 2 non-confirmed have answered their question).

Potential D6 plan
:

I think we decide on who we want to lynch, and then call for any claims. If that person has an ability that we want left in the game, we move onto suspect number 2 and call for a claim on them.

Once we have the target who we want to lynch, we pick a runner-up and get a call for claims. If they are vanilla or have an ability we do not mind blocking (such as day vig), then we Roleblock them at night. Tracker uses the ability on another non confirmed player.

Hibernate and Reinitializer continue to be moved around the confirmed list, and protection should be used on a confirmed player. I am wondering if we should circulate the void collector to a townie type non-confirmed player, to ensure we do not put all our eggs in one basket. (nhammen and LMP would be the best choices IMO).

Thoughts and suggestions?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:@Saint/LynchMePls/WC, please state whether you sent your ability to Pops or not.
DO NOT SAY WHO YOU SENT IT TO IF IT WAS NOT POPS!
Nein.

I don't really see a problem with asking scummy people to claim at this point.
Fortunately, we have pretty much established who our two scumpicks are, so that bit of bureaucracy is out.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by LimMePls »

I sent nothing to pops.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by WrathChild »

UNVOTE

LMP is clearly trying to set me up here. He is purposely wordsmithing to make my comments contradictory when they were not.

#1: I blocked LMP because I thought he was scummier than Bunny.
#2: With limited access and the end to the night coming soon, I thought any of the non-confirmed players would be equally good targets. But as I was rushed I skimmed over the part about bunny claiming VT, which would have changed my targeting decision, but I repeat when I sent in my target I thought that blocking any of the non-confirmed players would have worked equally well, so I went with my top scum read.
#3: How was I supposed to know LMP had tracker?
#4: I sent my ability to confirmed town and am now vanilla.
#5: I sent nothing to pops. If I were scum and planned on killing pops, don't you think that would have been a good idea?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by WrathChild »

RE: #5: That would void Roleblocker and put it out of the picture for at least another night, for those of you who needed details.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by WrathChild »

PS I realize I farmed it last night. If you want to lynch me fine. I'm just doing my townly duty trying to fight it and will take no offense to my lynch. Some of the things LMP has said I have taken offense to, everyone else has been relatively civil about this. I am a firm believer that mafia is a game and should never include personal attacks like the ones LMP leveled at me. Where I come from that is a mod-killable offense, but then again we play for fun and I get the picture that a lot of people on this site take it very seriously and that's why it is at such a higher level.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by implosion »

Hm... I have an idea, one that might make this day substantially smoother and potentially a much better shot at winning. First, we carry out IAI's plan (the part of his post before the ********). Then, I might decide to say my plan depending on what happened, what is claimed, etc.

Also, IAI, reread the void collector ability. There's something of note that I think you might be forgetting. Not sure if it should be made public or not, but it may be of note.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by implosion »

Also, I just had a sudden idea about the bleeding blood kill flavor. Could it, perhaps, be some new mechanic that kicks into play once there's only one Daevori left?

I say this because I remember a while ago pops mentioning the possibility that the scum kill was an ability that could be cycled between them, and I thought it would make a lot of sense. Looking at the player list and who died what night, I think it might be possible that:
1) q21's partner had the shotgun and passed it to q21, but it wound up in the void so "bleeding blood" replaced it or;
2) "bleeding blood" is a new flavor that kicks into play once only one Daevori is left, because it's no longer possible to cycle the shotgun;
3) either way, it's possible that bleeding blood is a strongman kill for some form of protection (firewall or hibernate), or for both. It could be some kind of "ace in the hole" when mafia are almost dead.

Not gonna speculate too much about this, but there's a chance that something like this could screw up plans.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:20 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

implosion wrote:Hm... I have an idea, one that might make this day substantially smoother and potentially a much better shot at winning. First, we carry out IAI's plan (the part of his post before the ********). Then, I might decide to say my plan depending on what happened, what is claimed, etc.

Also, IAI, reread the void collector ability. There's something of note that I think you might be forgetting. Not sure if it should be made public or not, but it may be of note.
I reread and I see what you are saying. I also note that SC has had the void collector, so scum may already know. For the short term, no need to make it public. Should we change our strategy on who we pass it to though? Keep it with confirmed innocents?

Also, please answer the following two questions Implosion:
1) Was there anything to choose from when you had it?
2) Did you pass it to Pops last night?

Curious to hear your plan. I assume you know when best to bring it up.

WrathChild has moved to the head of the class as player to be lynched/roleblocked with his claimed vanilla status.

I am leaning towards an SC lynch with a WC*** roleblock, barring any new plans/strategies from Implosion/anyone else.

***Call me crazy, but I still believe the guy is town, despite the huge mistake. This coming from someone who never once believed TMH (stealing the dayvig) or CKD (forgot to send the treestump)...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:27 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

WrathChild wrote:I am a firm believer that mafia is a game and should never include personal attacks like the ones LMP leveled at me.
QFT.

LMP, please refrain from any more personal attacks. It was either a huge townie blunder or a calculated scum move. As for the latter, I do not see how he could have known you had the Tracker, Reinitializer, and another ability....so not sure how calculated it could have been***

***The only way I could see it being calculated is if we have a LMP/WC scum pair. They compared notes on what abilities they had, and decided to use them in this manner to 1) increase their chances of a kill (RB Doctor), and 2) eliminate the Tracking & Roleblocking on 2 non confirmed innocents, keeping their pool of unknowns bigger.

This is one reason to possibly lynch WC, because in this scenario we have 2 scum left! :eek:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

implosion wrote:Also, I just had a sudden idea about the bleeding blood kill flavor. Could it, perhaps, be some new mechanic that kicks into play once there's only one Daevori left?

I say this because I remember a while ago pops mentioning the possibility that the scum kill was an ability that could be cycled between them, and I thought it would make a lot of sense. Looking at the player list and who died what night, I think it might be possible that:
1) q21's partner had the shotgun and passed it to q21, but it wound up in the void so "bleeding blood" replaced it or;
2) "bleeding blood" is a new flavor that kicks into play once only one Daevori is left, because it's no longer possible to cycle the shotgun;
3) either way, it's possible that bleeding blood is a strongman kill for some form of protection (firewall or hibernate), or for both. It could be some kind of "ace in the hole" when mafia are almost dead.

Not gonna speculate too much about this, but there's a chance that something like this could screw up plans.
Now that my prior post speculated on possibly 2 scum, I will say it is all just speculation, and I agree with #2 and #3 above. Could be a way of even the playing field for scum once they get down to one player, by neutralizing the Hibernate ability. Which is what I believe is happening.

Top 3
SC
BL
WC

If nhammen or LMP are scum and we lose, good going!

With that, I have nothing left to say for now, so I'll turn the attention over to rest of the group!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:14 am

Post by LimMePls »

WC wrote:LMP is clearly trying to set me up here. He is purposely wordsmithing to make my comments contradictory when they were not.

#1: I blocked LMP because I thought he was scummier than Bunny.
#2: With limited access and the end to the night coming soon, I thought any of the non-confirmed players would be equally good targets. But as I was rushed I skimmed over the part about bunny claiming VT, which would have changed my targeting decision, but I repeat when I sent in my target I thought that blocking any of the non-confirmed players would have worked equally well, so I went with my top scum read.
#3: How was I supposed to know LMP had tracker?
#4: I sent my ability to confirmed town and am now vanilla.
#5: I sent nothing to pops. If I were scum and planned on killing pops, don't you think that would have been a good idea?
I love the martyrdom vibe here. "LMP is trying to set me up". The fact is, you started off saying that you chose to block me because you were sure I was scum. When you started to realize how bad a decision you made, you back tracked it to "well I was rushed". You weren't "supposed" to know I was the tracker, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BLOCK BUNNY BECAUSE THE PLAN SPECIFICALLY SAID IT AND THEN THERE WAS FURTHER SPECIFIC DISCUSSION ON THE MATTER OF NOT BLOCKING OTHERS BECAUSE THE BLOCKER COULD "DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD".
I Am Innocent wrote:
WrathChild wrote:I am a firm believer that mafia is a game and should never include personal attacks like the ones LMP leveled at me.
QFT.

LMP, please refrain from any more personal attacks. It was either a huge townie blunder or a calculated scum move. As for the latter, I do not see how he could have known you had the Tracker, Reinitializer, and another ability....so not sure how calculated it could have been***
If an action is stupid, I'm gonna call it stupid. What I'll try and restrain myself from doing is calling the PERSON stupid. I don't seek out to make people feel bad, so if you feel personally assaulted WC, I apologize. But I'm not gonna give your actions slack when you do something that blatantly anti-town.

I accept that I freaked out a bit yesterday, but my blood was boiling. I just can't explain how monumentally frustrating it was to be waiting for 3 days on baited breath for what you are certain is going to be the final piece of information and knowing for sure you're not going to get blocked, and then WHAM. I'm starting to get heated again just thinking about it, so lets change the subject.

New subject: Where to go from here.

My proposed answer: Lynch WC.

The only other plan I'll accept is WC block + SC lynch.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Vi »

I can't post with Saint right now :dealwithit:

While there are a few possibilities for the new kill flavor - last-Daevori-ultrakill doesn't rank high among the ones I would consider possible - our plan is still the same, to lynch scum and see what happens. Coug > WrathChild > LynchMePls. Bunnylover is not implausible as scum, since he's going under the radar about as much as Coug right now, but I'm not willing to bet so much on it as of this moment.

There is a very good/easy way to allay suspicions of multiple Daevori remaining; namely for the unconfirmeds to pass nonessential abilities to each other. LMP passing to WrathChild or vice versa would be wonderful.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:02 am

Post by WrathChild »

@LMP: I never back tracked. I said specifically that I thought you were the scummiest and just blocked you because of it. If I were not rushed and did a proper read through before I sent it I would have blocked Bunny. Nothing about that statement is contradictory like you are trying to make it out to be, SO I believe you are scum and are trying to push an easy mislynch.

You are attempting to make me sound like I am contradicting myself when I am not. This is something scum would do. As you may or may not have noticed the others who have voted me are giving the reason that I farmed the plan last night, which I did and I do not deny it. However you are being inflammatory and trying to twist my words to be contradictory when they are not.

I think there are two scum and LMP is one of them.

BRB
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am

Post by WrathChild »

Looking back at the passed abilities, if SC is scum I am not. If Bunny is scum nhammen is not and vice versa.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:25 am

Post by LimMePls »

WrathChild wrote:Looking back at the passed abilities, if SC is scum I am not. If Bunny is scum nhammen is not and vice versa.
Too bad we don't have track results that might prove some of this stuff.

And calling me scum isn't going to make it so WC, sorry to tell you.

V/LA on weekends
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 am

Post by WrathChild »

Thanks LMP. Your enlightenment is invaluable.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”