Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Its scumbag suicide after they have been identified as such a scumbag by me. Not the first time, really.
Its clear to see that I have the scum on the run. Its only a matter of time before the rest are hunted down like the filthy beasts that they are.
To the rest of the scum, whichever of the remaining scum (assuming there are three) is nicer to me gets to be lynched last.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Guderian »

I wonder which scumbag is going to sheepishly show up and bus their partner?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: TBM

Why attack StrangerCoug for bandwagoning while still keeping your vote on LC?

Guderian wrote: I wonder which scumbag is going to sheepishly show up and bus their partner?
What makes you think they haven't already done just that?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:I know what OMGUS stands for. I am an alt - do not treat me like a 5 year old.
Then do not act like you have no clue what I'm doing. I made it clear that I do not usually support policy lynches, but you were treating my vote as if I were. I clearly was not serious.
Well sarcasm on the internet doesn't tend to get expressed very well. It looked serious enough when I read it and I can't really just take your word that it wasn't serious.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:You say I'm overreacting while also assuming that I don't know what OMGUS means. Your assumption is that I'm overreacting to the OMGUS, knowing it's an OMGUS, but you then try to explain what OMGUS is immediately after. This is a contradiction.
Explaining OMGUS to somebody you know knows what it means is odd, but your push has a flaw—you gave me the impression that I legitimately wanted to get rid of a bad player. Do I believe CooLDoG to be a bad player? No, and even if I did we have not yet completed a game together, so for me to know requires me to meta him.
And I totally could've known that you didn't think CooLDoG was a bad player, right? :roll:
I'm not really a mind-reader. Is it safe to assume you are?
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:Also, tell me the scum motivation for calling people obvtown on page 1. Really. I think CooLDoG is town, so I am announcing this to the world. If it makes the scum flock over in my direction and try to make me dead, so be it, it only makes them easier to find.
There could be a number of reasons. Trying to get town off their scumbuddy, telling other scumbuddies who to kill (which is why people rarely like announcing town reads at all), etc. It can get pretty complex.
WIFOM is fun. But I don't see any harm in a single player announcing their town reads. It tells town PRs who to protect and/or watch, who not for town PRs to investigate or kill, etc.
CooLDoG wrote:LC must be scum for thinking I'm town. Nobody thinks I'm town in any game I have ever played.
Is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Because I think you're town, for a post that gives me nice town vibes, I must be scum? You must have really low self-esteem. I'm pro at reading newbies and some bad players (not saying you are one, of course). Plus I don't see scum attacking the person who has a town read on them... generally not a good idea.
Guderian wrote:
unvote

vote: Lord Cable
Bwahahaha you're scum too aren't you?
Plum wrote:LC, why do you want me to vote you?
I never wanted you to vote me. Why would I want anyone to vote me?
Internet Stranger wrote:Its scumbag suicide after they have been identified as such a scumbag by me. Not the first time, really.
Since you sound so 100% sure on this - avatar bets. If you're town and you lynch me as scum, you can pick my avatar for the next month. If you're town and you lynch me as town, I pick yours.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Guderian wrote: I wonder which scumbag is going to sheepishly show up and bus their partner?
What makes you think they haven't already done just that?
Wait, so you're admitting you think I'm scum (using the word bus) yet you call TBM out for leaving his vote on me? Herpderp contradiction.
I did say the same thing earlier but I also don't think I'm scum.

Kinda confusing to try and pick out a single scum - I can find something suspicious about everyone on my wagon that has nothing to with the fact that their own my wagon, but Guderian and IS probably end up looking the worst because of it. Assuming 2 scum, I'd say that there's only one of them on my wagon, and probably one voting somewhere else. The only person OFF the wagon I suspect is Nacho, though I don't have solid reads on either Plum or Jerbs yet. The worst thing I've seen thus far is from Guderian which means I feel totally comfortable with an
unvote, vote: Guderian
Also know as 273 degrees of awesome.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Lord Cable wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
Unvote; Vote: LC
Thanks, but you're not Plum.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

That was in reference to the preemptive OMGUS comment.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Plum »

Well yes, but you seemed a bit eager that I make good on your comment's suggested end.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Lord Cable wrote:Since you sound so 100% sure on this - avatar bets. If you're town and you lynch me as scum, you can pick my avatar for the next month. If you're town and you lynch me as town, I pick yours.
Weak, considering you're an alt >.>
Lord Cable wrote:Wait, so you're admitting you think I'm scum (using the word bus) yet you call TBM out for leaving his vote on me? Herpderp contradiction.
I did say the same thing earlier but I also don't think I'm scum.
Erm, don't know where you're seeing a contridiction.
Guderian shared the belief that your scumbuddy was going to pop up and bus you. I asked him why he thought they weren't already voting him. Just because you question someone else's logic doesn't mean you actually prescribe to it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Oh Mr Cable Lord, I see what youre trying to do. I will admit that its quite a valiant effort, but fruitless nonetheless. This game is turning out more fun that I could have ever imagined. Mafia eventually gets to a point where you can just read everything thats going on. Kinda like them dudes used to do in the Matrix. Keep looking at it, keep analyzing it, eventually the scum just jump out right at you.

Im quite confident in my scumread on Dark Cable Lord, and it appears that several others have looked at have come to the same conclusion.
Im all in favor for a lynch, but we can continue to discuss further in order to ferret out his scum partners as well.

Im envisioning a perfect town game already, and it just plain excites me.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

@LC, more of a joke really. By the way I find people berating me rather comedic... claim.
@Gur, well my examis got my head messed up. The old joke at school is that examis turn 12 noon to 12 midnight... If I had known the vote count I would have voted him... Now he is at l-1. A claim is in order...
@IS, yes, I'm not for a quick lynch, no fate's mafia all over again for me atleast. (a recent game that I played in that you should really check out... perfect town win, I was scum. And 3rd shortest game played on MS)

I'm willing to hammer after we have gotten some other solid reads.
after a wank.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Plum »

Let's have a claim ASAP and then we can discuss hammering.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Guderian »

Plum, instead of la-di-da ing, why aren't you voting Lord cable? I see nothing in your posts that imply you would be against such an act.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Plum »

Because he's at L-1 and I'd like to see a claim and evaluate including that before roping him up. In general I would be for such an act, but I am a slightly cautious fish, and doing this will give me a better grasp on LC and the game in general.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

Not claiming for such a terrible wagon.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Guderian »

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Lord Cable wrote:Well sarcasm on the internet doesn't tend to get expressed very well. It looked serious enough when I read it and I can't really just take your word that it wasn't serious.
I have a crappy sense of humor too. That's why I find context very helpful.
Lord Cable wrote:And I totally could've known that you didn't think CooLDoG was a bad player, right? :roll:
Well, you could've meta'd me and seen if I had any previous interactions with him (despite my horrendously out of date Wiki page). You could've meta'd CooLDoG and see what would likely be my impression of him, even though you have a point that you wouldn't know what it would be for sure.
Lord Cable wrote:I'm not really a mind-reader. Is it safe to assume you are?
No, but it
IS
safe to assume that I take more than three seconds to think. I mentally revise my posts several times in my head. Do I always give people the impression I want? The answer, as you are aware, is no. Do I try? I certainly do.
Lord Cable wrote:WIFOM is fun. But I don't see any harm in a single player announcing their town reads. It tells town PRs who to protect and/or watch, who not for town PRs to investigate or kill, etc.
That may be true, and I admit that this is WIFOM territory, but do you, as a vanilla townie (this is merely an assumption), know that power roles exist in the setup? If you are a power role trying to get people to think you're not, do you know that there are other power roles in case your cover is blown? Don't you think the Mafia might take how power roles that they think could exist into account?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Plum »

Lord Cable wrote:Not claiming for such a terrible wagon.
Wrong answer.

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

Anyone have something pressing to say before a hammer? Because I'll probably just go over the last three pages once more, comment, and do just that, so.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

The bottom of my last post has some questions outstanding for him and I don't like people ending the day when that is the case, but they're close-ended questions that try to probe his thinking. The same post implies that I don't think he's doing too much of it, so I won't be too unhappy if I am not given an opportunity for answers.

Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:And I totally could've known that you didn't think CooLDoG was a bad player, right? :roll:
Well, you could've meta'd me and seen if I had any previous interactions with him (despite my horrendously out of date Wiki page). You could've meta'd CooLDoG and see what would likely be my impression of him, even though you have a point that you wouldn't know what it would be for sure.
Meta is pretty useless though.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:WIFOM is fun. But I don't see any harm in a single player announcing their town reads. It tells town PRs who to protect and/or watch, who not for town PRs to investigate or kill, etc.
That may be true, and I admit that this is WIFOM territory, but do you, as a vanilla townie (this is merely an assumption), know that power roles exist in the setup? If you are a power role trying to get people to think you're not, do you know that there are other power roles in case your cover is blown? Don't you think the Mafia might take how power roles that they think could exist into account?
1. I do not know but it's safe to assume that town has at least one power role. 9p Mountainous would really suck for town.
2. It's impossible for any player to know which roles do or do not exist in the game
3. Probably, but here's a counter-question - If you were mafia and had to choose between killing an obvious townie who might be protected/watched or killing a scummy player who has a high chance of being a power role, which would you go for?
Plum wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:Not claiming for such a terrible wagon.
Wrong answer.

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.
DGB, I don't need to hear it right now.
Oh wait, you're Plum.
Needless to say, if I'm a PR and claim, I'm outed and probably useless for the rest of the game. If I'm a VT and claim, mafia won't kill me and town won't trust me. I see no reason why I should claim. Leaving the ambiguity is better.
Besides, PR claims should never be the basis of your lynch decision. I've pushed for lynches on unclaimed players before and have even hammered them from time to time because I felt that a claim was irrelevant - they were just that scummy.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

By the way I'd still like to know why you guys think I'm scum. I have a hard time reading invisible ink.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Plum »

The fact that you didn't claim
is
relevant. And scummy.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

Even though I want to maintain ambiguity? I still stand by my argument that claimign is bad. If we go into
Night with an unclaimed player who is seen as scummy, it leaves WIFOM for scum. They might worry that a
Vig will kill me. They might worry that I'm a powerful PR. Or they might just think I'm VT and worth keeping alive.

A claim will just make night into one of two scenarios instead of opening up cans of WIFOM.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Lord Cable wrote:3. Probably, but here's a counter-question - If you were mafia and had to choose between killing an obvious townie who might be protected/watched or killing a scummy player who has a high chance of being a power role, which would you go for?
I personally would probably kill the obvtown. I can't pick up PR reads to save my life.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 3

Guderian (0) -
StrangerCoug (2) - CooLDog, Lord Cable
Nachomamma8 - Nachomamma8
CooLDog
Jerbs (0) -
Lord Cable (4) - TheButtonmen, Internet Stranger, StrangerCoug, Guderian
TheButtonmen
Internet Stranger (2) - Plum, Jerbs
Plum

Not Voting:

9 players alive. Five to Lynch.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Empking »

Those players (if any) that could talk pre-game are no longer allowed to talk with one another.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”