DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Fate »

HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA FUCK WHINE FOR?

YOUR PLAY WAS SHITTY AS ALL HELL.

DEAL WITH IT.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Ohai. Fun game, guys. Just try not to let Fate rule the town regardless of alignment in the future. But I do mean that it was fun. Great modding, AGM. Let me know if you're going to run a 3.0, I'd definitely consider joining (especially since I owe you one for the non-modkill).
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Katsuki »

/in for future defcon.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Day 1 reads... let's see...

Fate - Scum
Baby Spice - Scum
dana - town

Yeah... that should about cover it. Good job Americans!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Fate »

(I see how you conveniently left out the part where you thought Baby was scum WITH me and you started thinking I was town as the day went on)

/grin
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Fate wrote:(I see how you conveniently left out the part where you thought Baby was scum WITH me and you started thinking I was town as the day went on)

/grin
It's all about initial reads. I only came up with the theory you guys were scum together later, and more or less second guessed myself on how suicidal your play was as scum on Day 1.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Mina »

I'm disappointed at my compatriots' bickering. Let's just face it. We all suck. :P

An early vote on a partner that doesn't even create any momentum his way or help him get lynched is distancing, not bussing. But I don't think having a weak team is an excuse for not caring (or else I'd have claimed scum the moment Percy and Jack outed bobsnox). If you're the strongest player on your scumteam, that should only mean you need to work that much harder to win, because the game depends on you.

Reading the Area 51 QT, I noticed this:
Fate wrote:Why the fuck did your moronic last buddy kill PERCY and not CHESSKID?

Jesus
You're not allowed to complain when you guys killed
Internet Stranger
on N2. :P But here's my reasoning (and even though I lost, I still think it was the safest choice).

Firstly, if you want someone to kill chesskid, say, "This is Team 2. We've changed our mind. Kill chesskid instead." Don't play stupid games like "If you don't kill Percy, we will out you as scum" (although I assumed it was bullshit given AV's interactions with me), and then "THIS TEAM 1 HEE HEE HEE I DO INFERIOR JOB OF MIMICKING POST STYLE WHY DON'T YOU CLEAR THREE PLAYERS OF BEING CHINESE FOR ME, AND PERCY'S READS ARE WRONG AND LOL WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM." That actually made me seriously consider Sociopath as a Russian sacrificing his buddy and trying to confirm himself through fake leaks. I wasn't sure if you were planning to kill SP or chesskid...and reading your QT, it seems like you didn't even know yourselves.

Also, I was so stressed out about this game that I had trouble deciding what to do, and you hammered before I got a chance to message you in reply
telling you to fuck off, and kill Percy yourselves
. I was annoyed being stuck killing Percy when he was the greater threat to you (because he could read your QT and wasn't onto me), but he had to be deadified somehow, and I didn't want to double-kill.

When I'd left my message asking you to kill Percy, I'd figured he'd see right through me, because he's familiar with my town and scum play, and my first few posts were so jittery. I had second thoughts after Percy proclaimed such a strong town read on me.

I briefly considered a plan in which I spammed the QT saying "This is Team 2. To assure that the other team follows through on their kill, my investigation is that Faraday/Sociopath/SpyreX is scum." I kinda regret not doing this, because even though I'd have lost anyway, at least it would make the next day a lot of fun.

But much as I'd have loved another ally on the last day, I didn't have the luxury of killing players who were direct threats, because with so many confirmed players and nukes, the game was mathematically unwinnable with Percy still alive.

Absolute best-case scenario, assuming no one puts me lower on the list: Kitoari nukes AV, Fate nukes Kitoari, SpyreX nukes Fate, Faraday nukes SpyreX (in practice, Faraday would have been confirmed non-Chinese by this point, so I'd have gone first, but hypothetically speaking), and Mina nukes Faraday. Then Jack and Percy lynch me in LYLO. Anyone who fires a nuke elsewhere is lynched on the spot. As town, I would never even
consider
nuking or lynching Percy in a hundred years.

(Although in reading the dead QT...apparently, Percy thought Jack was more likely to be Chinese than I was? Even though Jack outed bobsnox, and I only nuked bobs
after
he was a walking mushroom cloud? GODDAMMIT!)

At least someone might "selflessly" nuke chesskid to trigger his Fail-Safe. And there was a chance that he might be lynched, particularly since he hadn't done anything to rule himself out as Chinese. People often mistake bad play for scummy, and I could always play the "I nuked a flipped Chinese player, but you're clearing him on
gut
?" card.

But anyway, I thought it would be easy to argue against an everybody-nukes-chesskid plan without outing myself as scum. Unlike a chain-of-nukes plan, only townies will be willing to follow it, leaving two Russians and one Chinese alive vs. Jack. We can only lynch one of the two people who don't follow through. Besides, that leaves obvscum AV alive for last--bad news if we're forced to lynch one of the two who hold fire.

My only hope was to be the towniest person in the game (which was already impossible with Percy, Jack, chesskid, Sociopath, and Faraday to a lesser extent already more trusted than I was) and pray someone else suggested something like Fate's plan. Only someone with as much towncred as Jack or chesskid could get away with suggesting a plan in which he's last survivor without outing himself as scum.

I'm still mad at myself for getting lynched first, though. I would have at least liked to make it to the final three/four.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Fate »

I apologize for not being clear in our scum on scum day communication. I'll admit I wasn't thinking it through at first, as my initial reaction is "they want US to kill Percy? Why in the hell..." because I didn't feel threatened by Percy at all at that point.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Mina »

Don't worry about it. The greatest threat to the Russians were all those who wanted to nuke you in the face. But I was screwed more by PoE than direct threats (although I could see Faraday or Sociopath nuking me), so I was much more afraid of the confirmed townies than players who were nukable/lynchable.

Speaking of which, just curious about something. What was the point of your "Mina is sole survivor" plan? Were you hoping we wouldn't follow through? Were you trying to frame me? Were you going for a draw (I was going to ask AV if players targeted by a nuke can still stealthbomb)? Or did you figure out that I was scum and try for Prisoner's Dilemma?

In the mean time, I apologize for pushing AV so hard to be nuked first. In retrospect, I should have tried to nuke Faraday first (claiming he HAD to be Russian)--or hell, even caved to SX's pressure and nuked him (I didn't realize it would be my only chance ;_;). But the alternate plan seemed to be for
me
to be nuked first. And I fell too much into a townie mindset and backed myself into a corner. It was hard to push a scum agenda AND be the towniest player in the game at the same time, so I ended up failing at both.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:20 am

Post by SocioPath »

Mina wrote:(although I could see Faraday or Sociopath nuking me)
I could see that too.

This game continues in the trend that I love to see scum squirm with "Why are you ignoring me when I'm trying to scum hunt, LET ME BE A SCUM HUNTING TOWNIE."
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I still want to know why the fuck did y'all kill ME!! Was it just to ruin my satisfaction?

That was like driving three hours for a booty call, then getting killed in a car crash a few blocks away from the girl's house.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Fate »

Owned.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Faraday »

In the mean time, I apologize for pushing AV so hard to be nuked first. In retrospect, I should have tried to nuke Faraday first (claiming he HAD to be Russian)--or hell, even caved to SX's pressure and nuked him (I didn't realize it would be my only chance ;_;). But the alternate plan seemed to be for me to be nuked first. And I fell too much into a townie mindset and backed myself into a corner. It was hard to push a scum agenda AND be the towniest player in the game at the same time, so I ended up failing at both.
On the last day? I'd have nuked you right back like a boss. Av pretty much claimed scum in his first post of the day, so yeah there was no way you could have justified a nuke on anyone not him at that point I think. maybe.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Percy »

What an amazing game. I had so much fun, both alive and dead. I must say that I completely bought Fate's case on Jack, and would have probably been a detriment to the town if I was alive to see that bus.

The Eavesdrop role is my favourite role I've ever played on this site. Something about it really suits me! I spent many nights pouring through the wifom, and being able to definitively nail some scum with the leaks was awesome. Reading through the Dead QTs was great fun, and I now have the best theme song :P

For the record, I think I have
TEH ULTIMATE STRATEGIE
when it comes to being scum and evading Eavesdrop, but that will have to wait for DEFCON 3.0 (pre-/in btw) when I get scum and let someone else have eavesdrop :twisted:

I've nommed AGM for most enjoyable game! (link)

Thanks again to everyone and especially to AGM for a great game.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Percy wrote:and I now have the best theme song :P
If only the other team hadn't killed you off, this would have been all yours <3
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Thanks very much for the nomination and all the feedback. I will most likely run a 3.0 at some point in the distant future that implements many of the changes suggested here. I will be sure to let you all know when signups for that are approaching.

I remember reading somewhere the sentiment that, "A town is only as strong as its weakest member, while the scumteam is as powerful as its best member." I think this game flipped that notion around entirely - a few skilled townies armed with nukes can easily decimate a scumteam (the nuke on inHimshallibe followed by the quicktopic leaks absolutely obliterated the Russians, for example).

Thanks again to everyone for playing!
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by SocioPath »

NOOKS4LYF

I can see an actual Wikileaks theme game based around similar mechanics with the QT leakings and the information going to specific players.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”