EPYC: Chains of Glory

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Umbrage »

I feel this deserves some explanation:

"Even God can't mislead the power of the truth"

Originally, I had a copied picture of Mulder and Scully in the middle. RC rejected it, and I didn't feel confident enough to draw them on my own, so I put a shitty crystal ball there instead.

The stuff beneath the blue lines are a fork in the road with a signpost. Only now do I notice that it does look like God's legs and unmentionables. :oops:
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:29 am

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah, I am going to go on a different tack with that. The period/rabbit thing and stuff like that. I don't know why he rejected the above picture. The only point, I think, I would change is I would have rejected Rhinox's pictures with the rainbows. He announced what he was doing in thread and not only did that give away anonymity but I think in every (bar 1) case the rainbow got into the next sentence. I don't know what the purpose was but I found it slightly ruined the sentences he drew pictures for, even though his pictures were good. But if I was to reject a picture (which I never did during my tenure) then I would give a reason as well. I don't know if RC did that as I never got a pic rejected.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Huh... I totally agree that the tampon rabbit shouldn't have been censored, but copy-paste seems against the spirit of the game to me.

I'd much prefer to see someone's attempted rendition of Mulder and Scully - or, for that matter, the god's groin/crossroads combo - because part of the game is that our drawings don't always look like what they're intended to. If you just stick in a perfect photo of anything you can't draw, then part of the game is lost.

I didn't actually figure out we were all drawing the same thing with the monocle and the manhole! That was good. Also, Xalxe was pretty much spot on with the caption competition.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:40 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I did use a couple of copy-pasted images as background in two of my drawings, but I wouldn't have wanted to do that for the central part of the drawing, if you know what I mean. I do understand where you're coming from, though. Next time, I'd probably try to draw Hitler myself (God knows what I'd do to represent the word 'fancy' using my own drawing but I guess that's the point).
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ah I misread. A prominent copy/pasted image is against the spirit so I would have probably sent it back as well.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by DonJosh »

Fixed the link to Chain XX on the wiki.
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2751, Porochaz wrote: :mad: The only point, I think, I would change is I would have rejected Rhinox's pictures with the rainbows. He announced what he was doing in thread and not only did that give away anonymity but I think in every (bar 1) case the rainbow got into the next sentence. I don't know what the purpose was but I found it slightly ruined the sentences he drew pictures for, even though his pictures were good.

Actually your inorrect. I never said anything about the rainbows in thread. I told RC about it in a PM to the epyc account probably since you knew about it. I think the rainbow was onlyy a stretch in the manhole and monacle pic, everything else it was simply part of the scenery. Sorry you didnt like it but i thought we werent supposed to do literal interpretations of the phrases.

RC did reject one of my pics, i originally used clipart animals in the farm animals and comb pic because they were hard to do, but RC made me redo it and i'm glad he did because ultimately the pic was better for it.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Also you remember incorrectly - only in one chain did "rainbow" propogate into the next phrase, and it was the first pic i did before i decided to do the rainbow theme. So, i stand behind my pics.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”