Guthrie (0) -
jasonT1981 (0) -
chkflip (2) -
smashbro_of_the_sss, parknourie

iamausername (0) -

Not Voting (1) -
OpposedForce

With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is November 30, 2010 9:00PM EST.

Erinyes has been prodded. OpposedForce replaces Broggly effective immediately.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Network.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by andrew94 »

look

shotty = werewolf 70% sure
erinyes = mafia 90% sure
andrew= town 100% sure
kunkstar = mod 100% sure
jason = town 50% sure
park = town 78% sure

maybe should lynch erinyes to prove to u guys
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by OpposedForce »

Hello everyone. OF here. Will re-read the thread shortly and post my thoughts regarding the game. :)
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by OpposedForce »

Where to start? I suppose we can start on this gem of a comment that had pulled everyone out of the RVS.
andrew94 wrote:no i didnt, i was asking the mod if others could

strategy: day 1 seer claim+ no lynch
night 1 seer dies
day 2 3 mafia claim, we cant lynch them , if we do , werewolves outnumber us = 1 chance to lynch werewolf
night 2 werewolf obs kills mafia
day 3 more chance to lynch werewolf
etc etc
The plan obviously is severely flawed and I don't think I need to explain why. That being said I personally think this is a post made by a pro-town player rather than someone who aims to gain an advantage for their faction. I've never played with Andrew before so I can't judge his play style but I stand by my statement.

This post while in itself not helpful in town strategy has generated interesting reactions to nitpick on.

The reaction posts by Drmyshotty caught my attention.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:exactly and then what town auto lynches mafia!?!?
Ya mafia won't go a long with it.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Andrew stop trying to make it to where to mafia can win easilly you are just hard core claiming mafia
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Andrew = scum, he has admitted it and acted pro mafia all day.
Lets lynch him
drmyshottyizsik wrote:His plan is scummy!
It ends in a mafia win!!!!!!!!!!!!
The reactions themselves are justified to an extent. A player posts an absurd plan and a player acts accordingly to said plan. However the way Shotty was going at it seemed to really be eager to push a lynch onto Andrew and going back to how I felt the plan had a pro-town motive makes me think that Shotty was trying to capitalize on a easy lynch.

Now we turn to Jason's metagame argument
jasonT1981 wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:played with him a few times, note the game i linked Shotty was town and did not go after Andrew even though he was playing this exact same way... Scum did however I was scum in that game... now Shotty is going after Andrew for similar things that scum went after him for in the last game yet Shotty didn't as town.

therefor I believe Shotty is scum
Okay, see, I can understand (slightly) how you could potentially persuade yourself that this has some little tiny bits of logic-ness inside of it, but I really, really don't follow the leap from A to B to Banana. And then the last major leap over into "Shotty is scum because the Eiffel Tower is still standing."

Help me?
OK, what I am saying is I feel Shotty is scum because I have seen scum push Andrew the way Shotty is right now.. I did it myself as scum. If you look at that other game, despite Andrew playing the same (And scum pushing his lynch) Town Shotty defended Andrew and didnt see him as scum.

Now Andrew is playing the same way again Shotty is all over him trying to make a BS case on him... like I have seen scum do in the past on Andrew and like I have as scum when facing Andrew as town.

Thats how I feel Shotty is scum because he is doing everything scum is asociated with doing when it comes to trying to lynch Andrew.
Usually I tend to avoid metagaming but this argument is quite convincing. If a player A reacts differently to similar situations caused by the very same player B then it can traced back to said player A's alignment. I find this argument re-affirms my stance on Andrew being pro-town.

That being said and done I choose to

Vote: Drmyshottyizsik

Now onto greener pastures.

FOS: Silverbullet99

Posts filler posts without taking a real stance on anything happening in discussion. Said one game related comment agreeing with Guthre.
silverbullet999 wrote:Eh, I'm still happy with my vote

What guthrie points out about jason should def be noted though.
Besides that post there has been nothing of value contributed in his posts other than filler comments that don't regard to anything in the game. Thought a FOS would bring attention to him so he doesn't just float on by throughout the Day.

Second FOS: Chkflip

Similar to my FOS on Silver. Hasn't contributed much to discussion, unvotes on a random vote after being called out for this, then proceeds to cast suspicion on the person who voted him.
chkflip wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
vote: chkflip
comes on with a random vote, comes back soon after to make another joke, and has no take on any events so far. right.
- Maybe that's because I don't have an opinion. Andrew's points, though far out, have validity. As do Jason's, Shotty's, and Guthrie's. I have no overtly negative read on any of them, so why wouldn't I start off with an RVS vote?
- This, to me, looks scummy.
UNVOTE

- As I have no current leads, I have noone to currently vote on, short you - but at this point, that'd just be silly and quite OMGUS. I'll be back with questions for (pretty much) everyone in my next post.
Then he proceeds to vote Shotty while parroting others (Mainly Jason's) reasoning to validate his own vote. Doesn't explain why he thinks Shotty's opinion of Andrew isn't valid.
chkflip wrote:
VOTE: drmyshottyizsik

For every reason already stated. 1] Trying way too hard to lynch andrew. 2] the behavior changed pointed out by jason. 3] Even if his opinion of andrew was valid (which it clearly isn't) he's tunneling beyond the point of being merely anti-town.

I'd comment more about other posts but I'm tired and it's really late. So any other things I pick up I'll post later.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 am

Post by chkflip »

andrew94 wrote:through, reactions from my plan, i can tell that shotty is either mafia/werewolf
- Now we're all parrots, squawking off one another. Happy?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:50 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

I do believe my vote would show my stance on things... least i would hope so.
... People were right it seems....
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:06 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

ANDREW FUCKING CLAIMED MAFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD HOW DO YOU GUYS NOT SEE THAT?!?!?!?

I will have limitted access untill after thanksgiving
#freeShotty
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Stop that shit, there WAS NO CLAIM.

Show me exactly were Andrew said 'I AM MAFIA!' Seriously show me those words... show me the claim
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:41 am

He didn't say those words but he did say "Hey mod can mafia claim to help my pro-mafia plan?, and town can you go along with it?"
and then he said
"Look guys we should really do this because look how easily and how many ways the mafia can win!"
#freeShotty
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

that is not a claim though..... thats set up questions
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 am

Ok,
andrew
- Why do you want mafia to beniffit?

I mKES NO SENSE IF YOU ARE TOWN SO THE ONLY EXPLINATION i CAN SEE IS THAT YOU ARE MAFIA
#freeShotty
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 am

Post by chkflip »

Are you always this, umm, energetic?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:31 am

yes and i hate your avi just fyi
#freeShotty
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

chkflip wrote:Are you always this, umm, energetic?
Nah, he's calm this game. :roll:
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:55 am

=D
#freeShotty
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:25 am

Post by chkflip »

Really, the only thing I don't get about andrew's plan is why we'd out the seer day one. That's not pro-town at all.

@Shotty:
- Happy Thanksgiving in advance, since you'll be v/la.
- What is your responce to not attacking andrew's assenine plans in the past?
- What's your opinion of Opposed Force? Do you think he's just jumping an easy wagon?
- Anything you want to share now that you're at L-2?

@jason:
- How often do you base your cases on metagaming?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:46 am

- thank you
- I haven't attack his past dumb plans because in the past he has made it obvious that he is at least trying to be pro-town, here he is straight up pro-mafia
- I think he is Andrews scum buddy. Yes I really do.
OF wrote: The plan obviously is severely flawed and I don't think I need to explain why. That being said I personally think this is a post made by a pro-town player rather than someone who aims to gain an advantage for their faction. I've never played with Andrew before so I can't judge his play style but I stand by my statement.
OP
- 1.How is his plan een slightly pro-town? 2. If he is trying to be pro-town then wouldn't he being helping his faction?
OP wrote:
The reactions themselves are justified to an extent. A player posts an absurd plan and a player acts accordingly to said plan. However the way Shotty was going at it seemed to really be eager to push a lynch onto Andrew and going back to how
I felt the plan had a pro-town motive makes me think that Shotty was trying to capitalize on a easy lynch.

OP
- 1. Where is the line of justification drawn? 2. Nice IIoA 3. Ok so now let me ask you this about the bolded section of you quote. You said that
YOU
think the plan was pro-town correct? And you think that since
YOU
have an certian oppinion about something that it must be right?(That's VERY confident of you). Did you ever consier the fact that I thought the plan was anti-town, and pro-mafia?(I only said it a thousand times). So then, if my oppinion of his plan is that it is Anti-Town, then wouldn't me voting him make sense? Yet, you vote me because
"You think that it is pro-town(somehow), so since I think other wise I am OBV scum"

So if you think it is anti-town of me to vote for who I think is mafia then keep your vote on me man, but other wise you have no reasoning at all.
4. How am I trying to capitalize on an easy lynch? Does this look easy to you? I am having to work pretty hard at getting Andrew lynched. BECAUSE I THINK HE IS SCUM!

- Umm... I would like to say that Andrew and OP are pretty obv scum together... that's about it.
OH WAIT HOLD ON I FOUND ONE MORE THING AGAINST ANDREW!
andrew wrote: maybe should lynch erinyes to prove to u guys
^Epic attempt at offering to bus much?
#freeShotty
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:58 am

Post by chkflip »

You think the scum team is andrew, OF, and erinyes?
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by parknourie »

vote: drmyshotty

Losing your cool like always. But u have said that you improved since we played. Looking back at your games, whenever people are spot-on, you lose your cool. So since you lost your cool now, you are 100% Mafia/Werewolf.
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

UNVOTE:

- With five scum candidates, it makes for easier mislynches.
- I'd like to hear shotty's opinion on parknourie's most recent accusation.
- I'd like to hear shotty elaborate on this andrew/of/erinyes possibility.
- I shouldn't have to mention that it's only page 6/7 into day 1 and that scum could easily hammer shotty, who may very well just be over-excited. I mean, he's sixteen. It happens.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by OpposedForce »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:- thank you
- I haven't attack his past dumb plans because in the past he has made it obvious that he is at least trying to be pro-town, here he is straight up pro-mafia
- I think he is Andrews scum buddy. Yes I really do.
OF wrote: The plan obviously is severely flawed and I don't think I need to explain why. That being said I personally think this is a post made by a pro-town player rather than someone who aims to gain an advantage for their faction. I've never played with Andrew before so I can't judge his play style but I stand by my statement.
OP
- 1.How is his plan een slightly pro-town? 2. If he is trying to be pro-town then wouldn't he being helping his faction?

Like I said the plan is severely flawed and isn't a viable tactic for town to use. I've stated that the plan had a pro-town ulterior motive behind it rather than the plan itself. The reason I believe this is because it wouldn't be giving an advantage to either faction. The seer gets lynched then mafia claims leaving them open for an Werewolf kill. If anything it would put mafia at a disadvantage and give Werewolves the upperhand.

But the way he phrased it made me think he was trying to eliminate both factions by have one destroy the other then leaving the Werewolves vulnerable to town lynches. By any means it's not a good plan nor does it help town but the motive behind it I see it as pro-town.

OP wrote:
The reactions themselves are justified to an extent. A player posts an absurd plan and a player acts accordingly to said plan. However the way Shotty was going at it seemed to really be eager to push a lynch onto Andrew and going back to how
I felt the plan had a pro-town motive makes me think that Shotty was trying to capitalize on a easy lynch.

OP
- 1. Where is the line of justification drawn? 2. Nice IIoA 3. Ok so now let me ask you this about the bolded section of you quote. You said that
YOU
think the plan was pro-town correct? And you think that since
YOU
have an certian oppinion about something that it must be right?(That's VERY confident of you). Did you ever consier the fact that I thought the plan was anti-town, and pro-mafia?(I only said it a thousand times). So then, if my oppinion of his plan is that it is Anti-Town, then wouldn't me voting him make sense? Yet, you vote me because
"You think that it is pro-town(somehow), so since I think other wise I am OBV scum"

So if you think it is anti-town of me to vote for who I think is mafia then keep your vote on me man, but other wise you have no reasoning at all.
4. How am I trying to capitalize on an easy lynch? Does this look easy to you? I am having to work pretty hard at getting Andrew lynched. BECAUSE I THINK HE IS SCUM!

Like I stated the plan itself wasn't pro-town but the motive behind it seemed pro-townish to me. As for me and my convictions I think it's good to take a confident stance on something and following through with it. Your overly defensive reaction to my post helps re-affirm my conviction.

It was clear that your opinion of his plan was "pro-mafia" and "anti-town" but let's be honest here, your posts regarding your thoughts were mostly fluff relating to "He's mafia" or "He just claimed mafia!" Rather than any coherent reasoning you seemed to rush past reasoning and into tunneling. It's also odd how you think he is sided with the mafia faction seeing how if his plan were to follow through it would put mafia at a severe disadvantage. Something you seemed to overlook with your excessive tunneling.

Also answering your response to "capitalizing on an easy lynch" I stand by that statement. Your tunneling on him with your substance-less posts re-affirms my belief. It's just that it didn't turn out so easy when you yourself were brought into suspicion by others.

- Umm... I would like to say that Andrew and OP are pretty obv scum together... that's about it.
OH WAIT HOLD ON I FOUND ONE MORE THING AGAINST ANDREW!

Nice OMGUS. Instead of waiting for a proper response from me you jump straight into the "scum buddy defense" argument. Thanks for solidifying my vote on you.
andrew wrote: maybe should lynch erinyes to prove to u guys
^Epic attempt at offering to bus much?

More tunneling without any reason on why you believe this. Nice.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by chkflip »

@Shattered Viewpoint:
- What's your opinion on the day's developments thus far?
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by OpposedForce »

parknourie wrote:
vote: drmyshotty

Losing your cool like always. But u have said that you improved since we played. Looking back at your games, whenever people are spot-on, you lose your cool. So since you lost your cool now, you are 100% Mafia/Werewolf.
As much as I'm content with my vote Shotty this seems to be just subtle jumping on the wagon without any concise reason for doing so except "losing his cool making him 100 percent Mafia/Werewolf". Also to mention that this vote placed him at L-1.

FOS: Parknourie
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

@Shotty:
Circular Reasoning wrote:Starting with a false assumption and then building a "house of cards" argument on that single assumption is a common part of the game of Mafia, by sheer virtue of the way in which the game is structured. So many unknown factors, abilities, and allegiances exist in the typical game (and especially in an atypical game, such as a Theme Game or Experimental Game), that each Day is an exercise in sorting out truth from fiction.

It can be difficult at times to tell who is building false arguments based on
ignorance
(and therefore likely to be ProTown, if somewhat ineffective), and who is building false arguments based on
secret knowledge
(Scum in possession of the ability to place blame without fear of hitting their teammates). Arguments which seem particularly well-reasoned, or based on hidden assumptions that no one else shares, can sometimes be evidence of scummy behavior. On the other hand, it may be evidence of a Cop with a guilty result who is unwilling to roleclaim yet!
- What are you, dumb or scum?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by andrew94 »

my dear friend shootyy.
i have said: this would cause from for example

33% town win chance --> 40% chance
33% mafia chance ----> 40% chance