Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Ojanen »

Oh and well played, scum.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think it was because we didn't gel. He was against revealing our names in topic and he also posted in the scum QT about not wanting to know who our partners hydras where. No one really agreed with his POV. I was feeling the heat from nearly everyone revealing heads so I made a post in here about how we were fighting in our QT when I revealed my head. That wasn't actually true, I just wanted to make it look better than it did. I told him that I over exaggerated our interactions in thread in an attempt to look less scummy and that he shouldn't worry. But he saw that post and decided to replace out. I think he was busy too, but still..

I felt bad.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Ojanen »

To make sure: was he primarily replacing out tactically or was he primarily a real fundamentalist about the names? and why didn't he want to know his scumteam, if you feel like you can speak for him? (neither option is intended to be seen as judgmental, just trying to upgrade how to read through some things.)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Faraday »

I've no idea, but he was really dead-set against us knowing our fellow scum's hydra names, if you read my and nik's qt we didn't actually know which hydras were our scum-mates. I found this pretty frustrating really, and was really glad when Sotty outed herself.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think this reinforces Crab Canon's first point that outting hydra members was protown and the scum wouldn't want to do it. Had all of the town gone along with this, it would have potentially put some heat on the scum earlier in the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 am

Post by mykonian »

nah, the effect would have been better when done halfway the day, or day two. Doing it right away made it so much harder to understand what was going on :)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*squints*
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ojanen wrote:To make sure: was he primarily replacing out tactically or was he primarily a real fundamentalist about the names? and why didn't he want to know his scumteam, if you feel like you can speak for him? (neither option is intended to be seen as judgmental, just trying to upgrade how to read through some things.)
It wasn't a tactical move, in that we both sat down and said "what would be the best thing here? What would win us the most town points" It just sorta happened.

As for not wanting to know the scum team it was something like operating on as little information as possible. I kinda viewed as someone not wanting to read their role PM to know who their buddies are. It's not the best play and everyone pretty much told him so but he was adamant.

You'll see better when we post the scum QT.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Since theres already a link in Faranor's qt I might as well...

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/7y7r4CPwqvF
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Faraday »

VP Baltar wrote:I think this reinforces Crab Canon's first point that outting hydra members was protown and the scum wouldn't want to do it. Had all of the town gone along with this, it would have potentially put some heat on the scum earlier in the game.
I don't really think so, I think outing people helped us more than hindered, though it didn't matter that much overall.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 am

Post by mykonian »

see, VP, I WAS RIGHT

:P Yeah, that really wasn't the point of it. I assumed a claim was going to happen anyway.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Zorblag »

So first off, thanks to Sotty7 for the hydra work. As expected, she's a joy to play with. Anyone who wants is welcome to look over our QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/PtpCKpFv8rnD5 if they want to see what we were up to.

Thank you also to bv310 for modding. Sure it wasn't flawless but as long as the mistakes get used as a learning experience we'll all live.

I do think that the town was hampered a fair amount by the hydra nature of this game; it takes some time to figure out how you're going to work with others in this sort of capacity. I can definitely say that my experience with Papa Zito in the Mighty Orbots hydra was a huge boon for me coming into this as I had a model to work from. It would have been interested to try to put that to work with Sotty7 trying to catch scum but as it was it felt like it lead to a pretty smooth integration of our play here.

It never even occurred to me that it might not be legal to roleblock a member of the scum team; certainly it was done as a huge potential WIFOM move to make the town think we weren't scum together but that was the trade-off for potentially wasting a block that might have been otherwise important. At the time the choice was made as much because the one known power role (tracker) couldn't hurt the scum team at the time and there was some small chance that we could use them to help us if they tracked us again. The watcher being in the game was pretty unexpected (as was the choice to watch TomAndJerry) but we just didn't have a great lead for other town PRs; had there been another clear threat they would have gotten the block.

In any case, best of wishes to everyone in the game. Hopefully if I see you in future games it'll be ones that feel like they move along more smoothly than this one did (I spent a huge amount of time being wrong about deadlines and so the days seemed especially long in the middle given that I thought they were supposed to be shorter.) This was an interesting experiment to run but I think that having people choose hydra partners for something similar in the future would be the way to go.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/eT9MMG8jvmX

This game had like 1000x more action and speed and in my head. tbtw I really was busy and wanted to ask my partner who to vote, not because I was trying to stall or anything. I kinda panicked at the end but Charlie convinced me to just lurk and stay back. That was good advice.

So town qt's?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Meh, it appears I should've stayed. I replaced out because I was a detriment to my faction.

Also, because the fun was left out. The whole point IMO was that no one knew who poeple were, but by like the end of the first day everyone knew everyone and it really wrecked it for me.

Well, Good Job.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I never got to replace in? I IS SAWD
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:44 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I WISH I COULD HAVE REPLACED TASKY. THEN I COULD HAVE BEEN SCUM WITH SOTTY AGAIN. YOU BROKE MY HEART, BV. </3
Fenhl
Fenhl
Goon
Fenhl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Fenhl »

bv310: I never saw the graveyard. Ever.
Also, :(
Mini Normal 1145 ÔÇö Plain Mafia: No replacements needed. If you want me to notify you when a replacement is needed, PM me!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Sotty7 »

gandalf5166 wrote:I WISH I COULD HAVE REPLACED TASKY. THEN I COULD HAVE BEEN SCUM WITH SOTTY AGAIN. YOU BROKE MY HEART, BV. </3
Aww sorry. One day we shall team up again and take over the world.

<3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”