Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

bv311
bv311
Townie
bv311
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by bv311 »

I wonder who the heads of faranor are.

Also, half the fun of this game will be figuring out which hydra heads are who, for me at least.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

@mod.
it's hard to believe you have allowed someone to impersonate you. You might think it fun, but it's terribly close to cheating.

@bv311
. Would you please choose another avatar?
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Pineapple »

Mr Smith wrote:So Professor Paradox somehow includes Fate even though he's not in this game. Nice to know.
Exactly what I thought. I even checked the player list to make sure Fate isn't here. And I won't vote/FoS until game start, and I second Mr. Smith's request that bv311 please change his avatar. OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:37 am

Post by Faraday »

I CAN'T GET ONTO MY HYDRA ACCOUNT.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Ojanen »

@Bowser: Did Untrod-head post all of your 3 first posts ITT?

Oj
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Oh for god's sake I'm not usually this retarded. Repost.

@Bowser: Did Untrod-head post all of your 3 first posts ITT?

Oj
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 am

Post by bv310 »

Mr Smith wrote:
@mod.
it's hard to believe you have allowed someone to impersonate you. You might think it fun, but it's terribly close to cheating.

@bv311
. Would you please choose another avatar?
I'm not thrilled with the idea, but I thought it was at least mildly clever. They're not impersonating me, so much as choosing a name that is somewhat similar. I will be demanding that they choose a new avatar though, perhaps one of my old ones, in the interest of keeping this thread readable.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Bowser »

Crab Canon wrote:@Bowser: Did Untrod-head post all of your 3 first posts ITT?
The first two were CSL, the third (where we outted our heads) was collaborative.
<3,
UT
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Professor Paradox »

Hi guys! Lateralus checking in.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by bv310 »

Tell you what, since we're still waiting on several accounts to be activated, I'm going to lock the thread. Please PM me from your hydra account telling me that you're active. Once I have all 12 active, I'll reopen the thread.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 am

Post by bv310 »

Alright, so according to Mith, everybody's active. Please post /confirm here, and once we have all 12, the game will officially be on.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Pineapple »

the tasty yellow fruit is /confirm.
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:05 am

Post by FourTigers »

/confirm
Pineapple wrote:even so i dont really see the problem in revealing heads, particularly under pressure(as in L-1). it would be akin to name/role claiming in a regular themed game i'd expect.
Why would this have any matter on anything? If who someone is has a direct effect on how you view them, isnt a massnameclaim best to start the game as it would prevent going through motions only to have the claim change your idea? This isnt the same thing as a roleclaim which should have bearing on the game, nameclaim should have little effect apart from meta. You seem to think that a nameclaim is good, so who are you? On that subject...
Mr Smith wrote: My stance on meta: It can be used to find townies from a town point of view, but it does not work for finding scum, which is the most important part of town play. Town play tends to be less predictable and so specific things from a player's town meta can be noticed and used as towntells. Howeverm scum metas are far less diverse and using meta to find scum doesn't really do anything except distract from actual scumhunting.
This is YOUR meta reading abilities. My meta is much better at finding scum then it is at finding town. Shouldnt that mean that we should massclaim since it is going to benifit some players meta reading abilities? To me hydras exist to have someone be able to check your ideas, someone who is confirmed town to discuss with, not to hide. That is what an alt is for.

~Furry
Some days you tame the tiger. And some days the tiger has you for lunch.
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:20 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

/confirm

Some questions,

1. Your hydra name/pair (If you so wish)
2. Lynch all Liars/Lynch all Lurkers?
3. Do you think meta will help in this game?
4. If you had to lynch one person right now who would it be, why?
5. Timezone/how active each of you expect to be.
6. Your favorite role?

~Tom
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Crab Canon »

/confrim

At least Furry is sensible. Who is your partner Furry?

Crab Canon still supports mass nameclaiming so we can move on to the actual game as quick as possible. TomandJerry and Pineapple can go ahead any time.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Mr Smith »

/cnofrim

bv311 needs to change his avatar again. NOT FUNNY.
Furry, nothing you say is going to get me to change my mind. Other head doesn't care either way, I do, so we're not claiming our heads.
{douche mode activate}: Apostrophes are your friend. {/douche mode}

1. Your hydra name/pair: Mr Smith.
2. Lynch all Liars/Lynch all Lurkers: Neither. Townies can lie for the benefit of the town (I have done so in the past myself, and it did in fact help), and lurking is not a scumtell (active lurking is however.)
3. Do you think meta will help in this game?: Won't help me personally.
4. If you had to lynch one person right now who would it be, why?: Bowser. Already said this, already said why.
5. Timezone/how active each of you expect to be.: The two heads of this hydra are about 6 hours apart, so one will probably be posting more in one time range while the other is posting in a different time range.
6. Your favorite role?: Town Watcher. Best investigative role IMO. Scum rarely consider in nightkills and it's the only investigative role that gives definite results. I specify town because being town is more fun than being scum.

Additional question for whoever wants to answer: RVS or RQS?
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:21 am

Post by FourTigers »

Mr Smith wrote: Furry, nothing you say is going to get me to change my mind. Other head doesn't care either way, I do, so we're not claiming our heads.
{douche mode activate}: Apostrophes are your friend. {/douche mode}
You are arguing that we should not claim, I completely disagree with it so im going to say why we should. If I can get everyone else (or enough people) to claim their heads I will know who you are, so thats my goal then. For apostrophes, I dont use them. Never have, probably never will.

Will answer these, partner can later if he choses to.
1. Your hydra name/pair
Furry/quadz
2. Lynch all Liars/Lynch all Lurkers:
Never 100% of the time for either. They both have a whole mess of other things they are dependent on.
3. Do you think meta will help in this game?
It helps a little. Meta always helps a little.
bv311. Discussion is happening, he is ignoring it, and just intentionally acting like a VI in the meantime.
5. Timezone/how active each of you expect to be.
We are in the same timezone. Both of us are most active around midnight site time.
6. Your favorite role?
Vanilla
Additional question for whoever wants to answer: RVS or RQS?
RVS. Voting off RQS accomplishes nothing since its difference of playstyle, not scumtells.

Lucky for us this game need neither since I think bv311 is a good vote to start. Will discuss this with quadz later tonight.

~Furry
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Mr Smith »

FourTigers wrote:
bv311. Discussion is happening, he is ignoring it, and just intentionally acting like a VI in the meantime.
This is kiiinda stretching considering:
1. We're still in the confirmation stage
2. Not everyone has even posted yet
3. bv311 hasn't posted since the thread re-opened
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by FourTigers »

Mr Smith wrote:
FourTigers wrote:
This is kiiinda stretching considering:
1. We're still in the confirmation stage
2. Not everyone has even posted yet
3. bv311 hasn't posted since the thread re-opened
You either are in disagreement with yourself or your other head here. Remember this?
Bowser wrote:PREVIEW EDIT: This isn't Day 1 yet. Stop acting like it is, please.
Mr Smith wrote:As soon as the thread opens, scumhunting commences. This is the law in any mafia game. Do not pass off my logic simply because "OH IT'S NOT D1 YET LOLOLOLOL".
What I am saying is that not only has someone been non-randomly voted at this point, but theory on nameclaim has already occured. bv311 on the other hand has not commented on your vote of Bowser, the arguements about nameclaim, or anything that can be construed as game relevent. All he has done is used avatars to intentionally antagonize players. He is not playing the game but actively trying to make it more difficult to play for the rest of us while ignoring what is occuring.

~Furry
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Same head posted those both.
Not a contradiction. Your logic is stretching BECAUSE of those reasons, not that it's flawed logic just because it's early in the game. Not everyone has posted yet, and you're accusing someone of ignoring discussion in-thread. What about the others who haven't posted, then?
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by FourTigers »

People who havent posted are different because they havent posted. This account was not even activated until today, so I am under the assumption that most of the other non-posters did not have their account activated right off the bat.

Given the posts of bv, you can actually see him following along with the game enough to realize that PP and Bowser were talking in caps. This means that he knows what he is happening and is choosing not to comment on it, unlike the non-posters who probably could not even comment on things if they wanted to. Also his comment of "who are faranor heads" shows he knows a little about the game. Also up to 4/12 hydras ID-ed, cmon people if we can get to 9 or 10 the others should be obvious.

Someone not posting doesnt mean that bv311 does not need to comment on the game when he has the ability to. Anyway, to break your points down a bit

1 - Confirmation stage means nothing, you already told that to Bowser, and restated in in your last post. There goes that point
2 - Like I said, activation is an issue there. I have not been able to post before today, I think at LEAST one of the other non-posters, if not all were in the same boat. How is this an issue when its not about lurking but instead about inability?
3 - Why does it matter that he hasnt posted since reopening? He already has avoiding contribution before. It would be like calling someone out for active lurking the previous day, and excusing it as they havent had a chance to remedy this the next day. The point still stands even if they eventually correct it.

~Furry
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by MasterSpy »

/confirm

My other head is doing the avatar. One of us will have a larger post up soon.

~ White Spy
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Mr Smith »

FourTigers wrote:People who havent posted are different because they havent posted. This account was not even activated until today, so I am under the assumption that most of the other non-posters did not have their account activated right off the bat.

Given the posts of bv, you can actually see him following along with the game enough to realize that PP and Bowser were talking in caps. This means that he knows what he is happening and is choosing not to comment on it, unlike the non-posters who probably could not even comment on things if they wanted to. Also his comment of "who are faranor heads" shows he knows a little about the game. Also up to 4/12 hydras ID-ed, cmon people if we can get to 9 or 10 the others should be obvious.

Someone not posting doesnt mean that bv311 does not need to comment on the game when he has the ability to. Anyway, to break your points down a bit

1 - Confirmation stage means nothing, you already told that to Bowser, and restated in in your last post. There goes that point
2 - Like I said, activation is an issue there. I have not been able to post before today, I think at LEAST one of the other non-posters, if not all were in the same boat. How is this an issue when its not about lurking but instead about inability?
3 - Why does it matter that he hasnt posted since reopening? He already has avoiding contribution before. It would be like calling someone out for active lurking the previous day, and excusing it as they havent had a chance to remedy this the next day. The point still stands even if they eventually correct it.

~Furry
I think you have the right intention, but you are missing the point. That someone isn't commenting is hardly a big tell in the confirmation stage. Someone could simply forget about this, someone could choose not to play yet. However, your other point is spot on.
BV311 is intently playing like a VI
. Impersonating the mod, and then another player is not protown, and because BV311 is obviously trying to play like a VI, is plain scummy.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Crab Canon »

So, just for the record Mr. Smith, you think it's scummy to have inverted pictures of other people's avatars, but not to generally avoid commenting on things that every other active player is commenting on?

Also,
Mr.Smith wrote:Give me 3 pro-town reasons not involving meta to claim heads and I'll gladly agree - I say this because you will NOT be able to do it.
When did your stance change from 'give me 3 reasons' to 'I'll never reveal because I'm too scared of people knowing who I am'? I'm quite certain we gave you more than three reasons, all of them well reasoned enough. Your original argument against revealing was that experienced players would be targeted, which I have shown to be malarkey. I really don't see why you want town to be operating at a disadvantage. Anonymity was NOT the point of this game, nor was it ever stated to be as such. The point was random hydra pairings.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:So, just for the record Mr. Smith, you think it's scummy to have inverted pictures of other people's avatars, but not to generally avoid commenting on things that every other active player is commenting on?
In this stage of the game. Don't forget impersonating the mod.
Mr.Smith wrote:Give me 3 pro-town reasons not involving meta to claim heads and I'll gladly agree - I say this because you will NOT be able to do it.
When did your stance change from 'give me 3 reasons' to
'I'll never reveal because I'm too scared of people knowing who I am'?
I'm quite certain we gave you more than three reasons, all of them well reasoned enough. Your original argument against revealing was that experienced players would be targeted, which I have shown to be malarkey. I really don't see why you want town to be operating at a disadvantage. Anonymity was NOT the point of this game, nor was it ever stated to be as such. The point was random hydra pairings.
You still didn't answer my question about one of your well reasoned arguments. Why do you want to give a VI an excuse to play like a VI? This is the third time I'm asking this question. You seem to be avoiding it.

Oh and the bolded is a strawman. Please don't do that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”