Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Pineapple »

MasterSpy wrote: 4. I have a number of suspicions but I would place Pineapple at the head of my list.
any particular reasons why?
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Faranor »

/confirm.
I haven't read the thread and probably won't until tomorrow. Expect a wonderful post from the nor head then.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by IceCream »

Ice reporting:

1. Your hydra name/pair (If you so wish)
--> IceCream.
2. Lynch all Liars/Lynch all Lurkers?
--> Probably Liars, but not lurkers.
3. Do you think meta will help in this game?
--> Yes. Though I'd rather have fun remain anonymous.
4. If you had to lynch one person right now who would it be, why?
--> Bowser.
5. Timezone/how active each of you expect to be.
-->
6. Your favorite role?
--> Mafia Goon.

I agree with what Cream has been saying:
Bowser wrote:I'm here, and ready to burn some scum!

I will start with a
FoS: Crab Canon
for making people reveal their heads!
Bowser's FoS-ing, stating no reason why making people reveal their heads is scummy.
Bowser wrote: Just as a show of good faith.
UnFoS
As soon as they were under fire, they AtE their attacker, implying they did not believe in their initial FOS at all.
Bowser wrote:It was a joke FoS. Who makes a "legit" anything in post #9? Do you think we're retarded?
Joke FOS? Why not an RVS vote? More backpedalling attempts.
Bowser wrote:FoS is not an irrelevant gesture. Stating your suspicions is helpful. In this case it wasn't all that meaningful, especially since we talked it over and decided that trying to figure out heads wasn't suspicious (which we said later). That's why we un-FoSed.
Why didn't you say so when you FOS-ed? If your FOS was a joke then why do you feel the need to un-FOS?
Bowser wrote:here, I'll quote you out of context
IceCream wrote:I'm scum at the moment
What? He said he's scum? Lynch him! What, you said all those words, don't act like I didn't quote you right. You're just mad because I caught you.
Er ...
Mr Smith wrote:
unvote, vote: IceCream

HoS: Bowser

Yes, I think he's bussing. His attack is weak and easy to back out of. Bowser's counter-attack is just the same.
Cream has barely made a case on Bowser. He only gave his general feelings towards the thread as a whole so far. The change of vote to us makes no sense if you think Bowser + IceCream scumteam.
FourTigers wrote:I would consider voting IceCream, but still think bv311 hold presidence. I think a IC-TAJ is more likely then IC-Bowser though if you look at the relationships there. Smarter to say "X is scum with Y" where X is town and Y is your partner in an early stage, since if a X wagon shows up you wont end up getting your partner lynched while appearing to suspect them conditionally. Thats just personal theory though.
Smith's suspicion on us was because he thought we soft-bussed Bowser. You haven't been explaining, instead, you are doing to the scummy buddying up card.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by Faranor »

Bvnotamod is probably town, I'm assuming they're not going to act like an idiot the whole game, but town nonetheless. I found the mod thing funny, as is their new avatar.

Yes to claiming hydra heads. Guess who we are? Derp. I find the advantages of knowing who's posting what to outweigh an potential negatives. Meta's useful to me so yeah.

vote icecream
I think Bowser's probably town actualy, it doesn't look like bussing to me.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

what about Pineapple?
what about Mr Smith?
what about Crab?
what about FourTigers?

Both the players of your hydra are more then capable to make a reasonable post. The above wasn't good enough.

and we are past the RVS already... while the mod hasn't even started the game!
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by Faranor »

Why are you objecting to me not mentioning everyone? That's stupid.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

we are five pages into the game, people have asked questions, the first large posts are already there.

and you think you can do with a "catchup post" of three lines. And it is not that those three lines are very valuable. There is enough to comment on. Why is the only part of your post where you say something about the rest of the game "bowser is town and it doesn't look like bussing to me" and "BV311 is probably town".
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 am

Post by IceCream »

Faranor wrote:Bvnotamod is probably town, I'm assuming they're not going to act like an idiot the whole game, but town nonetheless. I found the mod thing funny, as is their new avatar.

Yes to claiming hydra heads. Guess who we are? Derp. I find the advantages of knowing who's posting what to outweigh an potential negatives. Meta's useful to me so yeah.

vote icecream
You agree that we are not bussing him, give no reason for our vote as well as anything else in your post. Nice try but it's clearly not enough.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Faraday »

Mr Smith wrote:we are five pages into the game, people have asked questions, the first large posts are already there.
I'm sure you've got some sort of point here, but I'm failing to see it?
and you think you can do with a "catchup post" of three lines. And it is not that those three lines are very valuable. There is enough to comment on. Why is the only part of your post where you say something about the rest of the game "bowser is town and it doesn't look like bussing to me" and "BV311 is probably town".
Clearly, I just did a post of 3 lines. Sorry should have I filled it up a little for you? Would splitting it to 4 lines make it better? What do you mean by valuable, are they not relevant to the game?

Also why are you voting someone for 'bussing' as opposed to the person you had the scumread on originally which was re-inforced by the 'bussing'? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Faraday »

IceCream wrote:
Faranor wrote:Bvnotamod is probably town, I'm assuming they're not going to act like an idiot the whole game, but town nonetheless. I found the mod thing funny, as is their new avatar.

vote icecream
You agree that we are not bussing him, give no reason for our vote as well as anything else in your post. Nice try but it's clearly not enough.
Thank you for summing up my actions in my post, I was unaware I had done any of that as I had temporarily been taken over by a wicked spirit!

What does 'It's clearly not enough' mean?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:23 am

Post by Faranor »

Ebwop: What do you mean by 'It's clearly not enough', I know what the words mean individually.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 am

Post by IceCream »

Am I not surprise. Now please provide clear input
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:30 am

Post by IceCream »

IceCream wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:

Yes, I think he's bussing. His attack is weak and easy to back out of. Bowser's counter-attack is just the same.
Cream has barely made a case on Bowser. He only gave his general feelings towards the thread as a whole so far. The change of vote to us makes no sense if you think Bowser + IceCream scumteam.
And Smith, care responding to this?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:42 am

Post by Parama »

IceCream wrote:
IceCream wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:

And Smith, care responding to this?
I'd respond if you weren't so impatient and waited more than 3 hours for the appropriate head to post even though he only woke up 30 minutes ago.
And I don't know what you want me to respond to. Like I said, you could be bussing. You're not scum because you're bussing Bowser - both are scummy separately, and that's why I think you're bussing.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:42 am

Post by Mr Smith »

goddammit.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Crab Canon »

lol

My Mr. Smith, your identity is showing.....who's you're partner now?

Btw, Crab Canon is keeping a running list of all hydras, which we will be posting in full once we have everyone figured out. It's only a matter of time and log out errors.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:lol

My Mr. Smith, your identity is showing.....who's you're partner now?

Btw, Crab Canon is keeping a running list of all hydras, which we will be posting in full once we have everyone figured out. It's only a matter of time and log out errors.
You have the wrong focus. I don't understand why you are hunting for names while you could hunt for scum. The fact that the majority of your posts is about names, in stead of scum, is not one in your favor. Now, what do you think of my Bowser and IceCream case?

And, did revealing my identity tell you anything? I very much doubt it, because no one in this game has ever had a correct meta read on me. They always talk a lot about it, but in the end it only clouds whatever scumtells they might have found on me. I wonder, are you any different?

Faranor is way too cautious. I'm trying to decide if this is because fara... and ....nor posted together, but it doesn't sit well with me. Esspecially the deflection back to myself :igmeou: was strange. I'm voting for IceCream, but does that make all your posts good if you are voting for IceCream too? I don't think so. Esspecially since your IceCream case is pretty nonexistant (in all honesty, it was a bandwagon vote when the votes weren't even counted)
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Thanks for your advice obi-wan, but I've actually played mafia before. It's probably ok if you stop trying to hand out advice that I don't care about. 1) I haven't had a chance yet to talk to my other head about the cases being presented, so we aren't ready to comment on them until we have a consensus reached. We don't like being schizo as it's quite anti-town hydra play. 2) I don't think everyone has even posted yet, so meh. We appreciate the ambition and that's part of the reason we think you're townish Smith, but in terms of you being so confident in your cases, you're probably swinging at apparitions.

We'll most likely have a post today with our judgments on the cases made so far plus our own personal opinions on who is most likely to be scum.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:Thanks for your advice obi-wan, but I've actually played mafia before. It's
probably
ok if you stop trying to hand out advice that I don't care about. 1) I haven't had a chance yet to talk to my other head about the cases being presented, so we aren't ready to comment on them
until we have a consensus reached
. We don't like being schizo as it's
quite
anti-town hydra play. 2)
I don't think
everyone has even posted yet, so meh. We appreciate the ambition and that's part of the reason we think you're
townish
Smith, but in terms of you being so confident in your cases, you're
probably
swinging at apparitions.

We'll
most likely
have a post today with our judgments on the cases made so far plus our own personal opinions on who is
most likely
to be scum.
You are saying less then Faranor and you need a whole novel to do it. I bet it is pretty easy for you to do so, but it doesn't help anyone. I bolded the amount of saveguards you put into your posts and it is impossible to find a line without one. That is a lot for a post that isn't actually saying anything.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Stop being an arrogant twit. What you highlighted above doesn't make any sense in terms of an argument, nor are they making our position unclear. Anyone with a 3rd grade reading comprehension level can understand what I'm saying and why I said it. It's no wonder bv311 thinks you're acting like a douche and is antagonizing you for it. You should let your partner post more because you're coming across as an idiot who thinks he's better at this game than he really is.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:Stop being
an arrogant twit
. What you highlighted above
doesn't make any sense
in terms of an argument, nor are they making our position unclear.
Anyone with a 3rd grade reading comprehension level
can understand what I'm saying and why I said it. It's no wonder bv311 thinks you're acting like a
douche
and is antagonizing you for it. You should let your partner post more because you're coming across as an
idiot
who thinks he's better at this game than he really is.
You sound like a good player.

Further, nothing is wrong with how well I read. Your previous post didn't say anything.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Wow, Head B is going a great job mimicking my playstyle d(''d).
VP, ad-hominem isn't going to get anyone to change their minds. I'm not on the "lynch bv311" crusade though he does need to improve.
I agree completely with Head B's recent posts, however. Every line is giving you a back door to back out of your reads
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I haven't stated any solid reads yet, therefore, there is no backdoor to be created.

For instance:

I don't think everyone has posted yet.

- not talking about reads

It's probably ok if you stop trying to hand out advice that I don't care about.

-not talking about reads

so we aren't ready to comment on them until we have a consensus reached.

- talking about how our hydra hasn't talked about reads enough to make our comments yet.

We don't like being schizo as it's quite anti-town hydra play.

-I don't even understand why you highlighted this. Do you know what the word quite means?

We appreciate the ambition and that's part of the reason we think you're townish Smith

- very clearly saying mild town read on you. Do you expect anything more than that on page five before everyone has even posted?

We'll most likely have a post today with our judgments on the cases made so far plus our own personal opinions on who is most likely to be scum.

- Stating we'll post today if we can talk in our QT (Oj is less active than me) and I don't know why the last is highlighted either.

None of the above can even remotely be construed as trying to back out of reads later except for possibly calling you townish, which I think is a fair thing to say at this stage of the game. I reiterate, you're being arrogant twits instead of making actual arguments about anything worthwhile. You call it ad hom, I call it the truth. Play better.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 am

Post by MasterSpy »

A wild Avatar appears ….

T&J wrote:Interesting seeing as you haven't played as a Mason before, why are you lying?
So you have absolute knowledge of all game Lat may have played that were not here at MS?

And Tom, since you posted the list of question why don’t you get around to answering them yourself.
FourTigers wrote:Also I just figured out who one head of masterspy is, its someone I have town meta on. Yay me.
Why don’t you guess – I will not confirm or deny but I’m almost positive you are dead wrong.
Pineapple wrote:any particular reasons why?
Yes indeed. Nice of you to stop lurking when the first mention of your name pops up in the suspicions column.

1. Your account was activated before the lockdown by bv310 so I know you have had a chance to comment on the goings on. Yet your ISO is chock full of fluff and responding to the list Furry generated.
2. Your reasoning for lynching bv311 as stated in the questionaire is just downright bad.

Your reaction doesn’t make me think I’m off base. That said White Spy and I are in discussions about who we really think are scum. Additionally the lack of significant input from several players (Chimaira, Faranor) has slowed the concensus forming on our end.

Mr. Smith and Crab Canon
– you can stop your little Alpha pissing contest anytime and get to actually looking for scum.

~ The Black Spy
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Crab Canon »

MasterSpy wrote:Mr. Smith and Crab Canon – you can stop your little Alpha pissing contest anytime and get to actually looking for scum.
I agree and our hydra has said all we're going to say on that matter.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”