masfloohinev
Townie
masfloohinev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:16 am

Post by masfloohinev »

q21:

2. No. I'm not making stuff up. I interprated post 79 as him saying he hadn't read my post. I was right: He voted me in post 68 for something concerning post 61. Then, in post 79 he switches his vote to Shotty based on posts 61 and 63. Either he contradicted himself, or he had voted me without originally reading post 61. I brought up 85, because I thought it helped prove my point. I don't see what the problem is.

3. Okay, we seem to sort of agree on this. I don't see why I am getting blame for the bandwagon that was pushed by jmurph and RichardGHP.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Charlie »

Vote count 3

RichardGHP (3) - Shotty to the Body, Casus Belli, FakeGod
masfloohinev (3) - Reckamonic, Substrike22, Cogito Ergo Sum
Shotty to the Body (3) - jmurph3, SpyreX, Nachomamma8
FakeGod (1) - masfloohinev
jmurph3 (1) - q21

Not voting: RichardGHP
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Kindness
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am

Post by q21 »

jmurph3 wrote:
q21 wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:Ok, so having read over everything, including some walls of text that, for being 7 pages into D1, make my eyes bleed, I am inclined to say that at least one of Shotty vs. masfloovinev is scum. There is naturally potential that they're both scum, though I'm less inclined to believe it. On a pureply gut level, I think that mas is at this point more likely to be scum. His reactions seem a bit over the top to be purely town. Part of this comes simply from the fact that I know Shotty's playstyle better, but every time someone shuts down one of mas's arguments, he seems to get more and more agitated. The only motivation that I can see for this is cornered scum.
FoS: Masfloovinev
I'd like to point out a direct contradiction at this point. Here you state that you feel that Mas is scummier than Shotty - despite the fact that you claim the reason is purely gut, you do actually give a half-decent reason for viewing Mas as scummier. My problem arises from the fact that you only FoS Mas and you leave your vote sitting right where it was: Shotty.
Here's the thing: Mas's playstyle is very reactionary at this point. If I switch my vote to him, OMG, he reacts in an angry fashion. There'd be no difference in his reaction than what he's done before and probably nothing that we would learn from it. So instead, I left my vote where it is because I think it's much more interesting to note the connection between you and Shotty, and something that I would prefer to explore more before I move my vote elsewhere, especially since my read on mas is a gut-read, and I don't typically hold much with my gut.
The fact remains that stating that person A is scummier than person B but not changing your vote from A to B is a direct contradiction.
jmurph3 wrote:
q21 wrote:
jmurph3 wrote: q21 tries to distance himself, but within the same post, fails to do so:
Please explain, I don't recall trying to distance from anything.
As for how closely Shotty and I are playing at this point - the possibility of Shotty buddying up has occurred to me, but I'm incline to believe that we're a pair of townies who have been linked by mas's reasonless vote on one and then an immediate jump to a reasonless vote on the other.
If you read the quote that I have immediately following, you would see that you speak against Shotty (in a flimsy sense) and then go on in the same post to parrot him again. That was what I meant by distancing.
Actually, that quote is me speaking against Mas and later me again speaking against Mas - the second time around making a point which, if anything, Shotty parroted, not me.
jmurph3 wrote:
q21 wrote:This time around Richard gets a pass based on the fact that self defense is perfectly reasonable from town on page 2, that leaves jmurph and Spyrex. Given this point and the contradiction pointed out at the top of this post I think I like my jmurph vote very much.

The problem that I have with this argument that you and some others are making is that you're assuming that the counterwagon must be a scumteam trying to protect one of their own. This to me does not have to be the case. I'm not denying the possibility, since I can only speak from my own perspective, but when I come into the game, about to make my first vote in RVS, and I see an L-2 wagon on page 2, I get a little nervous about that. At least two players (Spyrex and Nachomamma - might've been one more that I missed) hadn't posted yet either, and putting someone at L-1 on page 2 when opportunistic scum could easily end the day just seems silly to me. Instead, going after the prime player on the first wagon is a great way to gauge reactions. My point is that you're only looking at the counter-wagon as if it has scum motivations, and this seems a little short-sighted to me.
I'm not assuming that it
must
be a scumteam trying to protect one of their own, I allowing for the possibility that it
could
be a scumteam trying to protect one of there own and deciding that this early on Day 1 that possibility is as good a lead to look into as any other.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
masfloohinev
masfloohinev
Townie
masfloohinev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:08 am

Post by masfloohinev »

q21, what do you think of FakeGod and SpyreX?
Casus Belli
Casus Belli
Townie
Casus Belli
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Casus Belli »

We are feeling that Richard is very likely scum. His only reaction to the wagon on him is to say nothing and push the counter wagon on Shotty. He then avoids all the big talking points by placing a horribly reasoned vote on Nacho, that he quickly abandons with no further comment or push on anyone. He did have it set up to switch his vote over to CES, since he accused him of the same things as Nacho. Yet he didn't switch. Opting instead to unvote which isn't helpful to anyone. Possibly in an attempt to slip under the radar as Mas v Shotty garners more interest.

With how scummy Richard is, Mas and his reasonless Shotty vote looks like an attempt to distract the town away from the growing Richard wagon. Still we find Richard scummier than Mas, so no switch from us.
masfloohinev Post 97 wrote:Is nobody else concerned with FakeGod's failure to contribute anything but usless one liners?
What was useless about FakeGod's post 93?

Shotty, please address our questions in post 76
jmurph3, 99 wrote:Here's the thing: Mas's playstyle is very reactionary at this point. If I switch my vote to him, OMG, he reacts in an angry fashion. There'd be no difference in his reaction than what he's done before and probably nothing that we would learn from it. So instead, I left my vote where it is because I think it's much more interesting to note the connection between you and Shotty, and something that I would prefer to explore more before I move my vote elsewhere, especially since my read on mas is a gut-read, and I don't typically hold much with my gut.
Are you scared of getting a reaction from mafs? If your gut case is based on him being reactionary, wouldn't voting for him provide more evidence of him being scum for the reasoning you laid out?

Would really like to hear more from CES and Reckamonic and to get a response from Shotty.
"Some folks look for answers, some folks look for fights;
Some folks up in treetops, just looking for their kites."
masfloohinev
masfloohinev
Townie
masfloohinev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 am

Post by masfloohinev »

Casus Belli wrote:With how scummy Richard is, Mas and his reasonless Shotty vote looks like an attempt to distract the town away from the growing Richard wagon. Still we find Richard scummier than Mas, so no switch from us.
Have you never seen somebody vote for somebody without giving reasons? This is really reaching. Keep in mind this was an RVS bandwagon.
Casus Belli wrote:What was useless about FakeGod's post 93?
All it was was a post giving his opinions regarding mafia theory. No reads or questions or anything helpful in it. Convince me otherwise.

Casus Belli, why didn't you give any reads in your previous post?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Casus Belli wrote:We are feeling that Richard is very likely scum. His only reaction to the wagon on him is to say nothing and push the counter wagon on Shotty. He then avoids all the big talking points by placing a horribly reasoned vote on Nacho, that he quickly abandons with no further comment or push on anyone. He did have it set up to switch his vote over to CES, since he accused him of the same things as Nacho. Yet he didn't switch. Opting instead to unvote which isn't helpful to anyone. Possibly in an attempt to slip under the radar as Mas v Shotty garners more interest.

With how scummy Richard is, Mas and his reasonless Shotty vote looks like an attempt to distract the town away from the growing Richard wagon. Still we find Richard scummier than Mas, so no switch from us.
masfloohinev Post 97 wrote:Is nobody else concerned with FakeGod's failure to contribute anything but usless one liners?
What was useless about FakeGod's post 93?

Shotty, please address our questions in post 76
jmurph3, 99 wrote:Here's the thing: Mas's playstyle is very reactionary at this point. If I switch my vote to him, OMG, he reacts in an angry fashion. There'd be no difference in his reaction than what he's done before and probably nothing that we would learn from it. So instead, I left my vote where it is because I think it's much more interesting to note the connection between you and Shotty, and something that I would prefer to explore more before I move my vote elsewhere, especially since my read on mas is a gut-read, and I don't typically hold much with my gut.
Are you scared of getting a reaction from mafs? If your gut case is based on him being reactionary, wouldn't voting for him provide more evidence of him being scum for the reasoning you laid out?

Would really like to hear more from CES and Reckamonic and to get a response from Shotty.
Given that my entire theory revolves around a GHP/Mas Team, based on the FoS from Mas onto GHP, I'll switch my vote because they're both scum. I would strongly ask you to consider taking Mas though. I think he's so blatantly scum at this point it's hard to miss. Especially with the whole "What do you think about SpyreX and FakeGod?" That is such a scummy question to be asking with how many votes are his direction right now.

UNVOTE: Mas
VOTE: GHP
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 am

Post by FakeGod »

masfloohinev wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:What was useless about FakeGod's post 93?
All it was was a post giving his opinions regarding mafia theory. No reads or questions or anything helpful in it. Convince me otherwise.
Let's see..... we have a RVS wagon, then another wagon quickly popped up soon afterwards.

I expressed that I'm thinking Richard is more likely to be mafia than Shotty since there's a chance that town caught a mafia in the first wagon, and his mafia buddies are attempting a rescue via presenting another wagon.

The speed of the wagon, as you may have noticed, was pretty fast, and this is actually pretty important. This is important because: town usually have few people who tends to vote "faster" (trigger-happy?), and emergence of a new wagon usually means that "faster" people will abandon the original wagon for the new one. This is not what happened. The original wagon on Richard was stable despite the growing counter-wagon on Shotty. This implies that something else (for example, mafia might be fueling the second wagon) is at work here.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

I want this laid out real, real clear and you to go ahead and finish your little teehee's mk2:

You are saying that Richard is scum and Shotty is the counterwagon fueled by scum.

Who is the scum that fueled or jumped or what have you.

Nice and clear.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Casus Belli wrote:We are feeling that Richard is very likely scum.
How serious is this statement?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I haven't factored in the fast growing 3rd wagon into the theory yet, and there is also a chance that 3rd wagon, not the 2nd wagon might be scum-fueled.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by FakeGod »

But regardless which wagon might be mafia fueled, seeing all these fast growing wagons leads me to believe that mafia are throwing fuel into the fire.

Only reason they would do so I think would be to save Richard (or possibly Shotty).

Calling all touhou fans!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Put your foot down mr man one way or another.
Show

Proud member of BaM
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I think Richard is scum.

Calling all touhou fans!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And Shotty et bandwagons?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

First off,
UNVOTE
Your avatar is incredibly unlikeable, though, masnlfllooovz.

Richard is scum, though, for this post. You don't declare the end of the RVS; you don't announce that you're voting srs now; you don't dick around like so.
Casus Belli...welcome to the side of the good hydras, though. Post 76 made us happy - another non-schizo hydra! Hooray! Also, your questioning of masfloooo's post is awesome.
SpyreX, YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO OUR POST. </3 Continue your questioning of FakeGod, though, it's making us happy.
We agree with q21's #98 on jmurph - excellent catch with the contradictions.

We kinda feel bad for missing all the excitement. Now we're just sitting out here watching everyone bicker and trying to figure out which of you is town and which is scum.
FOR THE RECORD if you'd like to question us on something specifically, please link to or quote the post in question because otherwise it's going to be a headache for everyone, and we don't want that, do we?

Vote: Richard

We already know who is scumbuddies are, too. Start squirming
Also of note: this hydra will be fairly inactive from Fri-Mon. Just a heads up.
._.
meeeeeeep?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@Spyrex: I don't know man I'm not God

btw, I find Reckamonic impossible to read in this or other games.

Calling all touhou fans!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Thanks for that, Reckamonic. Haven't had a good laugh in a while. Which one of you came up with that act?

Sub
strike
, it's Richard. Not GHP.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Duely noted. VOTE: Richard
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

TY. <3
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by q21 »

masfloohinev wrote:q21, what do you think of FakeGod and SpyreX?
At the moment: Nothing worth mentioning, or I'd have mentioned it.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

RichardGHP wrote:Thanks for that, Reckamonic. Haven't had a good laugh in a while. Which one of you came up with that act?

Sub
strike
, it's Richard. Not GHP.
We're a double act.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

@Casus: What questions in 76? You direct two comments at me neither of which contain questions.

@Spyre: I'd pick the second one obviously. Your question was loaded because it was so black and white so I was trying to explain why there could be enough information to warrant that view.

My posts are less during the weekend, just a heads up.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Casus Belli
Casus Belli
Townie
Casus Belli
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Casus Belli »

masfloohinev Post 105 wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:With how scummy Richard is, Mas and his reasonless Shotty vote looks like an attempt to distract the town away from the growing Richard wagon. Still we find Richard scummier than Mas, so no switch from us.
Have you never seen somebody vote for somebody without giving reasons? This is really reaching. Keep in mind this was an RVS bandwagon.
Yes we have seen people voting without reason before. You.

Wasn't it you just arguing that FakeGod's reasonless vote was a reaction to your vote on Shotty? Why can't we propose the likelihood of your hop on Shotty as a reaction to Richards growing wagon considering the timing and how you gently pushed it on with subsequent posts.
masfloohinev Post 105 wrote:Casus Belli, why didn't you give any reads in your previous post?
Read it again. We said Richard and yourself are likely scum, in our book, those are reads.
Cogito Ergo Sum Post 109 wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:We are feeling that Richard is very likely scum.
How serious is this statement?
Serious, otherwise we wouldn't have said it. Now how about some actual input from you.
Shotty to the Body Post 122 wrote:@Casus: What questions in 76? You direct two comments at me neither of which contain questions.
Fair enough, to be more clear:

Why didn't you question FakeGod's vote?
And why are you pushing a tell that is stronger in the late game so early when it's effectiveness is questionable at best?
"Some folks look for answers, some folks look for fights;
Some folks up in treetops, just looking for their kites."
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:55 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I don't buy it.

Unvote, vote: Casus Belli